GUILTY CA - Gianni, 24, & Sal Belvedere, 22, Ilona Flint, 22, San Diego, 24 Dec 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't thought about this earlier, but I wonder if the 10,000 reward had anything to do with Gianni suddenly turning up? It's interesting timing.

I wonder if the Jack in the Box person will get the reward? Or am I forgetting and it perhaps said had to be alive (I don't recall!)

Just an observation: Gianni's Toyota Camry was missing the front license plate. Missing the front plate would have been a red flag for CHP if he, or someone else, had been driving the 80 some miles between SD and Riverside. His father's black Toyota Camry at Mission Valley had the front plate.

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/safetyinspections/faq.html#Front License Plate

<snipped>

BBM - If you mean the car that Ilona and Sal were found in, it did not have a front plate either.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Gianni Leonardo Belvedere, 24, San Diego, 23 Dec 2013

I hadn't thought about this earlier, but I wonder if the 10,000 reward had anything to do with Gianni suddenly turning up? It's interesting timing.

I wonder if the Jack in the Box person will get the reward? Or am I forgetting and it perhaps said had to be alive (I don't recall!)

BBM - The poster I saw said up to $10,000 for any information leading to Gianni's whereabouts. I think this should count.

Random thoughts...

I'm still puzzled by the location. If someone wanted the car discovered quickly, why not leave it on a busy street where it would be ticketed and towed. On the other hand, if someone didn't want it discovered, why leave it behind a restaurant that is open 24 hrs?

If the car was previously elsewhere (as it sounds like it was), maybe it was in a private garage somewhere nearby. I would think someone wouldn't want to drive a great distance with that smell coming from the trunk.

I wonder if the doors were left unlocked -- in one of the photos, the police have both of the front ones open.

Can a body badly decompose in two days? He couldn't have killed himself THEN driven the car there. Someone has something out for this family IMO. I think Gianni was the target. Kill the two people he loves most them kill him. But what did they do with him for so long?

The COD will help determine suicide/homicide. We know a gun was used in the shootings of Ilona and Sal. If GB was shot I'm sure they will be able to determine if he was shot in the trunk or shot elsewhere and then placed in the trunk. So many questions??? IMO only I have always been on the side of the fence that the shootings were more of a "hit" than a love triangle.

Another article from the Union Tribune:

The Riverside County Coroner's Office said late Friday night that the body was that of a 24-year-old man who was the victim of a homicide. No name was released.

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2014/jan/17/gianni-belvedere-mission-valley-shooting-christmas/

Can a body badly decompose in two days? He couldn't have killed himself THEN driven the car there. Someone has something out for this family IMO. I think Gianni was the target. Kill the two people he loves most them kill him. But what did they do with him for so long?

BBM

Kimmypie1 I thought the same thing but since we had record breaking heat here that would certainly accelerate the process I believe.

BBM - The poster I saw said up to $10,000 for any information leading to Gianni's whereabouts. I think this should count.

Random thoughts...

I'm still puzzled by the location. If someone wanted the car discovered quickly, why not leave it on a busy street where it would be ticketed and towed. On the other hand, if someone didn't want it discovered, why leave it behind a restaurant that is open 24 hrs?

If the car was previously elsewhere (as it sounds like it was), maybe it was in a private garage somewhere nearby. I would think someone wouldn't want to drive a great distance with that smell coming from the trunk.

I wonder if the doors were left unlocked -- in one of the photos, the police have both of the front ones open.

BBM Casey didnt seem to mind. :(

I have been a long time lurker and I have been paying attention to this thread a lot lately. My understanding is the body has been identified as Gianni Belvedere by the family. The reason this case in particular has been important to me is because I was at the mall an hour before it happened. I am pretty sure Ilona worked at Macys in the watch department unless there is someone who looks very similar to her I was at Macys shopping for last minute gifts and since they were open until 2am it made sense (I am doing online shopping from now on!) I just wanted to share a few details i know since I am close in age to the victims I have mutual friends. First is about Andre he isnt a suspect and was not in love with Ilona he is just seeking attention he is actually gay and actually a nice guy a little gossipy but he means well. I am sure all of you have seen Sal's Facebook if you look at the main picture its of all of the victims at a rave I am pretty sure it was EDC (Ravers are usually happy go lucky people I cant see a drug deal gone bad) Both brothers worked at Mario's in Lakeside good food but kind of run down. If this was a professional hit due to the family owing money etc it was probably someone from Wop Town (that is the real name! I am not being racist I am italian too!) Wop Town is centralized in Little Italy in San Diego and any prominent Italian family is associated one way or another and believe me when I say this place exists and is run by the mob with Capos and all having the younger guys collect "rent" and the older guys calling shots I have seen it first hand. I hope by me saying this I am not giving the wrong impression of myself: I am not associated with that group I am educated and successful for my age. I am not sure if any of this helps but it really bothers me that SDPD didnt give out more information. It may be worth noting for anyone who is not familiar with San Diego and Riverside that Riverside is not the safest of places and whoever drove the car was more than likely familiar with Southern California to drive and knew the body would be discovered maybe a last minute show of compassion turning over the body? This case is so tragic and frustrating. Part of me doesnt believe it was a professional hit if that was the case you would think the family would keep a much lower profile. I dont think it would be far fetched to say this was a love triangle with one more player to shoot someone in the face is extremely personal and in a public place sends the message they might not have cared about getting caught as is throwing someone in a trunk and driving them somewhere public. Please excuse my grammar I am typing this during a class and have to keep switching between screens.

I have been a long time lurker and I have been paying attention to this thread a lot lately. My understanding is the body has been identified as Gianni Belvedere by the family. The reason this case in particular has been important to me is because I was at the mall an hour before it happened. I am pretty sure Ilona worked at Macys in the watch department unless there is someone who looks very similar to her I was at Macys shopping for last minute gifts and since they were open until 2am it made sense (I am doing online shopping from now on!) I just wanted to share a few details i know since I am close in age to the victims I have mutual friends. First is about Andre he isnt a suspect and was not in love with Ilona he is just seeking attention he is actually gay and actually a nice guy a little gossipy but he means well. I am sure all of you have seen Sal's Facebook if you look at the main picture its of all of the victims at a rave I am pretty sure it was EDC (Ravers are usually happy go lucky people I cant see a drug deal gone bad) Both brothers worked at Mario's in Lakeside good food but kind of run down. If this was a professional hit due to the family owing money etc it was probably someone from Wop Town (that is the real name! I am not being racist I am italian too!) Wop Town is centralized in Little Italy in San Diego and any prominent Italian family is associated one way or another and believe me when I say this place exists and is run by the mob with Capos and all having the younger guys collect "rent" and the older guys calling shots I have seen it first hand. I hope by me saying this I am not giving the wrong impression of myself: I am not associated with that group I am educated and successful for my age. I am not sure if any of this helps but it really bothers me that SDPD didnt give out more information. It may be worth noting for anyone who is not familiar with San Diego and Riverside that Riverside is not the safest of places and whoever drove the car was more than likely familiar with Southern California to drive and knew the body would be discovered maybe a last minute show of compassion turning over the body? This case is so tragic and frustrating. Part of me doesnt believe it was a professional hit if that was the case you would think the family would keep a much lower profile. I dont think it would be far fetched to say this was a love triangle with one more player to shoot someone in the face is extremely personal and in a public place sends the message they might not have cared about getting caught as is throwing someone in a trunk and driving them somewhere public. Please excuse my grammar I am typing this during a class and have to keep switching between screens.

Thank you for your insight and welcome to WS!! :)

The question I keep coming back to is: Who would it hurt the most to kill the brothers? I think Ilona was killed just because she happened to be there and was a witness.

Just an observation: Gianni's Toyota Camry was missing the front license plate. Missing the front plate would have been a red flag for CHP if he, or someone else, had been driving the 80 some miles between SD and Riverside. His father's black Toyota Camry at Mission Valley had the front plate.

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/safetyinspections/faq.html#Front License Plate

IF it was indeed a suicide, why hide in the trunk rather than just sit in the car where he would have been discovered more quickly, thus saving his family even more despair and the horror of decomposition?? Nothing has made any sense in this case. It's as if it's all in code, secret messages of some sort. JMO.
Is it just me or did the license plate on the back look dented?

Random thoughts...

It was backed into a parking space at the corner of a small shopping center. The reason someone would leave it at a Jack In The Box is because the car would not become suspicious for a while - because JITB is open 24/7/365 and it could be an employee or a customer, day or night.

Welcome to WS thebestinthewest and thank you for sharing your insight to the family and Andre.

:wagon:

I'm sure once we hear more regarding the COD and the TOD it will help to put the pieces together. My thought about a "hit" stems from the fact that the family and LE have become very quiet since the memorials for Sal and Ilona. I probably watch to much TV but I just had a nagging thought that what if there were threats being made to the family or a ransom of sorts being asked for the return of Gianni? Just crazy thoughts but because so little has been released about Gianni's search I found it suspicious.

On the other hand if it was a love triangle of sorts then it would also seem very plausible that Gianni would take his own life. The time delay and that his car was never found until now just don't make sense.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts :seeya:

Sdthoughts- I don't think Gianni took his own life he's actually the one I've met once or twice I do know he was going to school to become a doctor I am not sure which school but I'm pretty sure it wasn't UCR. If the Camry went to Riverside right after the shooting it would have been seen either going through OC at the county line or the more likely Riverside County line by Temecula and it would have been photographed maybe if Gianni did kill himself the reason they didn't think he was outside of CA is because of the car. No matter what that car was driven to its final location. What bothers me if Gianni did not kill himself why isn't the police department giving out more information on the suspect in the gray Honda if someone is out there shooting people they're obviously a threat to the public. It's also weird how Gianni was last seen at Friars Rd that night Friars is actually a little bit of a distance from the mall a few blocks for sure. When I left the mall I was parked by Target and outback on the side there were still quite a few people out. I'm thinking if they were last min shopping maybe Ilona was getting off work and Gianni was picking her up and Sal wanted to use her discount? So many unanswered questions...

Not much else that we haven't heard but they are calling it a "homicide" at this point.

http://www.riversidesheriff.org/coroner/press/

Coroner's Press Releases

Coroner's File #: 2014-00621
Last Name: Name held pending ID Gender: Male
First Name: Age: 24 Years
City of Residence: Unknown Next of Kin Notified: Yes
Date of Death: 01/17/2014 Time of Death: 1324 Hours
Date of Injury: Unknown Time of Injury: Unknown Hours
Location of Death: Parking Lot at 19586 Van Buren Blvd Riverside Ca
Location of Injury: Unknown
Agency Investigating: Riverside Police Department
Investigation #: P14-007758
Comments: Victim of Homicide.

Sdthoughts- I don't think Gianni took his own life he's actually the one I've met once or twice I do know he was going to school to become a doctor I am not sure which school but I'm pretty sure it wasn't UCR. If the Camry went to Riverside right after the shooting it would have been seen either going through OC at the county line or the more likely Riverside County line by Temecula and it would have been photographed maybe if Gianni did kill himself the reason they didn't think he was outside of CA is because of the car. No matter what that car was driven to its final location. What bothers me if Gianni did not kill himself why isn't the police department giving out more information on the suspect in the gray Honda if someone is out there shooting people they're obviously a threat to the public. It's also weird how Gianni was last seen at Friars Rd that night Friars is actually a little bit of a distance from the mall a few blocks for sure. When I left the mall I was parked by Target and outback on the side there were still quite a few people out. I'm thinking if they were last min shopping maybe Ilona was getting off work and Gianni was picking her up and Sal wanted to use her discount? So many unanswered questions...

BBM I completely agree! Why would the public not be notified? It was also strange that if Ilona was working at Macy's why co-workers never came forward stating they worked with her that night. LE kept all of that very hush hush as did Macy's. Perhaps LE does not feel there is a threat to the public because it was all so "personal" in the killings and obviously not a random shooting. Hopefully they have there eye on a POI.

BBM The description of the "suspect" now mentions a black man wearing a sweater with stripes on both sleeves. That's a new fact. The only description I'd heard was a person with tan pants. Why'd they keep it so quiet what the person was wearing? This case seems to be turning into something else. So far, it doesn't sound random.

Gianni's car with his body in the trunk wasn't there in the Riverside parking lot long. Where was it all this time? This is alarming news to me! If this wasn't a rage from a love triangle, then who would want to do this so viciously at the holiday time, and then still have Gianni?

Body found in trunk of vehicle related to double-fatal shooting in Mission Valley mall parking lot
http://www.10news.com/news/body-fou...ble-fatal-shooting-in-san-diego-mall-01182014

"The suspect description one or more witnesses gave police did not match that of Gianni Belvedere, Flint's fiancé and Belvedere's brother, who family members say was there around the time of the shooting but has been missing ever since."

"Suspect possibly left in a 2008/2011 dark gray Honda Civic four-door. Person is a black male, mid-20s, 5'9", thin build, wearing a dark sweater with stripes on both sleeves," a dispatcher said over the original police radio traffic. "He was last seen walking away to the passenger side of a Honda and that vehicle was last seen westbound Camino Del Rio North."

Video at Jack In The Box will provide an answer to whomever drove the car into their parking lot, yes?

Please say yes.

BBM The description of the "suspect" now mentions a black man wearing a sweater with stripes on both sleeves. That's a new fact. The only description I'd heard was a person with tan pants. Why'd they keep it so quiet what the person was wearing? This case seems to be turning into something else. So far, it doesn't sound random.

Gianni's car with his body in the trunk wasn't there in the Riverside parking lot long. Where was it all this time? This is alarming news to me! If this wasn't a rage from a love triangle, then who would want to do this so viciously at the holiday time, and then still have Gianni?

Body found in trunk of vehicle related to double-fatal shooting in Mission Valley mall parking lot
http://www.10news.com/news/body-fou...ble-fatal-shooting-in-san-diego-mall-01182014

"The suspect description one or more witnesses gave police did not match that of Gianni Belvedere, Flint's fiancé and Belvedere's brother, who family members say was there around the time of the shooting but has been missing ever since."

"Suspect possibly left in a 2008/2011 dark gray Honda Civic four-door. Person is a black male, mid-20s, 5'9", thin build, wearing a dark sweater with stripes on both sleeves," a dispatcher said over the original police radio traffic. "He was last seen walking away to the passenger side of a Honda and that vehicle was last seen westbound Camino Del Rio North."

For CRIMINY SAKES!!! Why was this never made public before??? Article also says:

"
Our witnesses here saw a male walking to the back of the victim's vehicle then get into the car and drive away, so it's possible they got in the car but it's not for sure," an officer said.

Suggesting this person actually got into the backseat of the car with Sal and Ilona. That would explain why the car was located/parked in the strange place it was.

Good find Curious Me!

Gianni's car with his body in the trunk wasn't there in the Riverside parking lot long. Where was it all this time?"

Curious Me, how do you know the vehicle was not in the parking lot for a long time? The Jack In The Box is open 24 hours a day and it has customers and employees parking there.

The area of the parking lot where the Camry was found is at the corner of the small mall and it is where employees park (so they do not consume the parking spaces closer to the stores/food places they work at). So with a 24 hour a day business and that specific area being used by employees who work at other businesses in the mall, the car would not be suspicious. It was an employee of the Subway sandwich shop who called in the smelly car to the police because they were returning to their car.

The weather in Riverside have been quite cold for the past few weeks until recently. The past week the region has has a "Santa Ana" condition in which the temperature rises into the 80's and higher. Low humidity as well, lows like from 4% to 9% which is why we have fire alerts now. Those conditions would certainly accelerate decomposition and the smell would linger.

On another note, I-215 which is the highway near where the car was located would be the highway that someone would take going from San Diego to Utah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100