Resolved NY - E. Harlem, BlkMale UP6829, 20-30, in river, 'Nate the Great' tattoo, Oct'97

Still nothing???

Still nothing. This is another one of those cases where I can't get anyone on the MP side to answer a voicemail message. I've contacted Benjamin Figura twice, and all I get is "we're looking into it."

Still nothing. This is another one of those cases where I can't get anyone on the MP side to answer a voicemail message. I've contacted Benjamin Figura twice, and all I get is "we're looking into it."

We are running into the same problem with him regarding another case. I have tried several other people in the ME office but no luck there either.
Is there something else we can do for all of these unidentified people in the NYC area? There has to be someone who can help if the ME/Local police are not interested in solving these cases?!? Some of them may be easily solved with a simple DNA test, that apparently NYC is not doing even though they received a grant to do so....

http://www.nyc.gov/html/ocme/html/mpi/mpi_home.shtml

We are running into the same problem with him regarding another case. I have tried several other people in the ME office but no luck there either.
Is there something else we can do for all of these unidentified people in the NYC area? There has to be someone who can help if the ME/Local police are not interested in solving these cases?!? Some of them may be easily solved with a simple DNA test, that apparently NYC is not doing even though they received a grant to do so....

http://www.nyc.gov/html/ocme/html/mpi/mpi_home.shtml

The UID at the link below is another case where NYC has an obvious match (to MP Ernest Lyons), and doesn't seem to want to do the legwork to get a positive ID:

Submitted NY- UID Male (NamUs #5977), New York, Sept 2001 to: Ernest Lyons, New York, Sept 2001

The UID at the link below is another case where NYC has an obvious match (to MP Ernest Lyons), and doesn't seem to want to do the legwork to get a positive ID:

Submitted NY- UID Male (NamUs #5977), New York, Sept 2001 to: Ernest Lyons, New York, Sept 2001

There has got to be something someone can do. If this ME is not doing his job, someone else needs to. Any ideas? It appears there are quite a few cases like this! That is a crime in itself. Think of all of these poor family member searching desperatley for their loved ones, the agony they must go through day after day, wondering where they are, and someone knows where they are but for what ever reason doesnt want to be bothered. That makes me sick!

Any word on this one?

As soon as I saw this article I thought of this case. Maybe the OP can contact the new ME mentioned here.

http://news.yahoo.com/nyc-medical-examiner-retires-9-11-pivotal-114047047.html

NEW YORK (AP) — The city's long-serving medical examiner, who was injured in the Sept. 11 attacks but returned to work that day and then spent years overseeing the creation of the nation's biggest DNA lab and identifying remains, is retiring.
Dr. Charles Hirsch was appointed in 1989 by then-Mayor Ed Koch, who recently died.
Mayor Michael Bloomberg on Wednesday officially announced the retirement of Hirsch, a leader in his field who has made a career of eschewing press and publicity.
"Dr. Hirsch was a visionary leader whose work earned him world renown and helped make New York City a global leader in the field," Bloomberg said.
The 75-year-old Hirsch previously worked in Suffolk County and Ohio and served in the U.S. Air Force Medical Corps. He's a native of Chicago.
In his years in New York City, Hirsch oversaw the creation of the largest public DNA lab in the country. Because of that lab, the office was able to take on the task of trying to identify the remains of the victims of the 9/11 attacks on the World Trade Center, work that continues.
Hirsch was injured when the south tower collapsed but returned to work that day despite broken ribs and cuts.
Hirsch also worked as the chairman of forensic medicine at New York University Medical School, and his training program became highly sought after, with waiting lists of sometimes more than four years, the city said. Among his trainees are more than a dozen who have gone on to become chief medical examiners for other states or cities.
Dr. Barbara Sampson, Hirsch's longtime deputy, succeeds him as acting chief medical examiner.

I sent a message to Lori Bruski to see if she can find out why nothing has been done on the possible match of Nathan Hines to this John Doe. She replied as follows:

We (myself and NY) cannot find any records of Nathan Hines. Do you have his DOB or know of any family out there?

I am unable to locate anything on him, other than his DoeNet casefile, and his entry on the NY Missing website. His NAMPN casefile is no longer active.

If anyone can find anything on him (other than what is on DoeNet and newyorkstatemissingpersons.ning.com) please chime in.

I'm pretty good at digging up info. If I can find anything Carl, I'll send it to you privately.

Not getting anything solid on Nathan on account of his age when he disappeared. Most of the people finder databases pick up info when you have your own apartment, a number of credit cards, a car loan and the like. Nathan was only 23 so he was not likely living on his own.

I sent Carl a date of birth for one Nathan Hines from the Bronx. I am not convinced it is him for a few reasons and since he's been missing for so long, I'm not getting any family members showing up with him.

Nothing in classmates Carl?

It's sad that not more can be found about him...I wonder if he has any family at all looking for him?

I emailed News 12 Bronx and asked them if they would run a piece on Nathan a few days ago. No response yet.

Does anyone know what ever became of this case? this IS an Obvious match... and so frustrating nothing has happened.. I don't know How they did not match him when he was found..years ago...

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2166dmny.html

Nathan Hines
Missing since October 6, 1997 from Bronx, New York City, New York
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'10"; 165 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Black hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Tattoo "NAT" on left shoulder.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Hines was last seen in Bronx, New York on October 6, 1997, in the vicinity of 3050 Park Avenue.
NHines[1].jpg

I think the NAT is a typo and I think its Nate the Great like the john doe

Wow. How could this not be a match? His family deserves to know for sure.

I can't believe there's been nothing in the way of a match or exclusion in six years since CarlK first contacted the ME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am wondering if the tattoo Nate the Great means he was a fan of Nathaniel Brooks; hip hops Nate the Great?

IMOO.

I can't believe there's been nothing in the way of a match or exclusion in six years since CarlK first contacted the ME.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, if they can't find identifiers for the missing person, there's nothing they can do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back