LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of us checking in this morning, was anything found during the breathless events of last night? A quick summary of the current state of affairs would be greatly appreciated by this bleary-eyed late arrival!

s

A secondary search was being done at Whiskey Bay today when a sonar image, in the area where Mickey Shunick's bike was found, showed something that could have had relevance to Shunick case. A dive team was then called out to search the waters. It turns out that the image seen was actually some sort of wooden item, possibly a log of some sort. No evidence was found relating to the Mickey Shunick Case tonight.
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#fcanchor

Hooray! A new thread I didn't do. This is like being on vacation!

You certainly have had your work cut out for you the last few days~:razz:

Praying today is the day Mickey comes home

JMO

Vacation is over for you pal! Get to work! LOL

How are you this morning woofy?

I posted this on the last one. I saw time stamps on pics the other day. I am sure if we could find them, that would help. I tried to put it in order but had no time. It was when they were trying to find all the vehicles still.

The only two pictures with timestamps are on univetsity. LE told us the pics of Mickey were at 1:47 and 1:48. You have to piece together the rest. Tons and tons of old posts and threads on the order

Wow, Woof....with friends like these, who needs enemies?!

Morn'n Pal! Late night had by all....

Vacation is over for you pal! Get to work! LOL

How are you this morning woofy?
A bit groggy, but that's normal - the dog and I chose to stay up very late and watch the storms passing through. Always did like lightning, and there were some nice displays in the wee hours.

I thought the first orignal pics did have time stamps... I remember because I was trying to put them in order but was just to busy in real time to concentrate. This was when they showed us the other truck to. I could be wrong.
I remember reading over and over again that she was on Versailles at 1:47 am and on St Landry at 1:48 am. But never heard what time the pickup was on St Landry.

Morning, all! My "all nighter" crash landed around 11:45 I'm afraid. But I had to kill a spider armed only with a can of Lysol (me, not the spider) at 5:30 this morning, so my adrenaline is pumping!

I just got caught up on the thread from yesterday...a log? And a "wooden" log at that. Hrmmm. Seems like it took a lot of people an awfully long time to verify that it was a wooden log out there. :waitasec:

Wow, Woof....with friends like these, who needs enemies?!

Morn'n Pal! Late night had by all....
Yes, things were certainly tense here for a time - at Whiskey Bay I mean! Wouldn't be referring to anything else, lol.

Any white trucks driven by this a.m.??

Ok. These pictures are close in time. I was trying to figure out which came first. In the pic with truck you see a small black body part to the right; that person is going into Circle K. That person is not seen in MS picture. I think MS rode after this truck of interest. Does anyone agree with me that this truck was not following me; could not be following Mickey. If that truck had been following MS, that person would have been seen clearly going back to his car or entering Circle K.

IS that a person? Could it be anything else?

That person was inside of Circle K when MS went by.
That person was going into Circle K when the truck went by. Can a stalker be looking in the rear view mirror? Could he have stopped and MS ran into him by "accident"; and that is when it all happened?

freaks me out to think she was followed by someone looking in rear view mirror in front of her. Once he knew there were no security cameras he could have grabbed her. Can we tell who is in this truck. Ladies and gentleman, I think this man went up st landry too; and something transpired in those fields.

MS was not followed; she was stalked from someone IN FRONT OF HER.
Are you talking about the person who seems to be leaning against the black car at the pump?

Yes, things were certainly tense here for a time - at Whiskey Bay I mean! Wouldn't be referring to anything else, lol.

Any white trucks driven by this a.m.??

Absolutely.....the white trucks have already been rolling out on this new thread. I hate white trucks.

i had to skip a lot... it moves very quickly here...

just wanted to throw out an opinion as a parent re the private investigator and his kidnapped comment...

if it was my child and "the man" was clearly searching for a body... I would also hire a pi that was looking for my child alive... because until I was shown a body, whether or not there is a confession, i would maintain that my child was alive... even if there was only a 1% chance she was... i would cling to that 1% chance with all my might... selling my house, car, and shirt off my back if need be until she was found...

re- police searching st landry on foot... to me this suggests they either have a tip or the forensics on the bike show that the bike was hit from behind and the tire would clearly show that it made a skid mark and they went looking for it

i dont have a problem reading rumors IF they are stated only once, clearly tagged as a rumor, and the source is given, and no "privileged" information regarding "the man's" investigation is revealed...

i'd like to think that people are generally good, but have been aware of peoples web surfing habits since the web began... and these habits show that almost everybody leads 2 lives... the one you see, and the one you don't... unfortunately... if you knew more about the "private" side you don't see of just about everybody... it would make it near impossible to smile or trust ANYBODY...

im done looking at pics unless specifically asked to...

i have a question to anybody in the know...
has any info or speculation uncovered on the web by everybody been of any help to this investigation thus far..?

peace

Brought forward from last thread:
Originally Posted by Foxfire
Imo, the awareness resulting from the Mickey Schunick case will prevent others from facing this same tragedy. There has been multiple abductions prevented in TN, by good samaritans, due to awareness provided by the Holly Bobo abduction 04/13/2011. Every US state has experienced these abductions due to a feeling of contentment or self-satisfaction, especially when coupled with an unawareness of possible danger.
Seems, in every abduction case I see the following comment:

“Things like this just don’t happen around here,” said Laura Ritchey of Scott who sounded as though she was in disbelief. “They just don’t.”

Read more: AcadiaParishToday.com - Acadiana unites in search for missing Lafayette girl Mickey Schunick was last seen early Saturday morning...

http://www.crowleypostsignal.com/pag...es_left_column

'Example of how awareness increased after Holly Bobo abduction 04/13/2011' -'Walmart parking lot-broad daylight-07/2011

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/15138205/clarksville-kidnapping-thwarted-by-wal-mart-shopper (video)

CLARKSVILLE, Tenn.- It was a scary situation at a Clarksville Wal-Mart Sunday. A man was spotted cruising the parking lot for 20 minutes before attempting to kidnap a random teenager.

But, his plan was thwarted by a suspicious shopper who stepped in after she thought she was witnessing a domestic situation.
It was a random kidnapping happening right in front of her. "She had this terrified look on her face and she just screams a curdling scream, and I said, ‘Get over here right now. Get in my car!'" the shopper explained.

The teen got into the woman's car and the kidnapper, armed with a gun, sped away
read more-

Morning, all! My "all nighter" crash landed around 11:45 I'm afraid. But I had to kill a spider armed only with a can of Lysol (me, not the spider) at 5:30 this morning, so my adrenaline is pumping!

I just got caught up on the thread from yesterday...a log? And a "wooden" log at that. Hrmmm. Seems like it took a lot of people an awfully long time to verify that it was a wooden log out there. :waitasec:

Oh my goodness, bonbon....must be something in the air. I got up in the wee hours to get a glass of water and lo and behold, there was a ginormous spider on the wall in my breakfast room. I attacked him with a paper plate, which has a much lower success rate than a can of Lysol. Alas, I did not find his remains...nor did I see him flee the scene. I need a spider detective!

I heard something on another blog site that a young man, who two yrs ago (he was 17 then) had an accident in Breaux Bridge, killing a 35 yr old man. (I don't have the site for the story but if you do a search you can find out about that accident) Anyway, if I understand correctly (this is 2nd hand info) the young man from BB drives a Z71 & it has some damage on it, which I understand it that he was brought in for questioning. Since he has a history of DUI & a minor @ the time of the original accident 2yrs ago, he must have had some kinda deal worked out where he was NOT in jail. Again, this is 2nd/3rd hand news.

Pre-trial diversion...a program used to help first time offenders avoid a criminal record. I counted ten Z71s this morning, and I drove only a 2.5 mile trip to preschool and home. They are literally EVERYWHERE!

Ok. These pictures are close in time. I was trying to figure out which came first. In the pic with truck you see a small black body part to the right; that person is going into Circle K. That person is not seen in MS picture. I think MS rode after this truck of interest. Does anyone agree with me that this truck was not following me; could not be following Mickey. If that truck had been following MS, that person would have been seen clearly going back to his car or entering Circle K

IS that a person? Could it be anything else?

That person was inside of Circle K when MS went by.
That person was going into Circle K when the truck went by. Can a stalker be looking in the rear view mirror? Could he have stopped and MS ran into him by "accident"; and that is when it all happened?

freaks me out to think she was followed by someone looking in rear view mirror in front of her. Once he knew there were no security cameras he could have grabbed her. Can we tell who is in this truck. Ladies and gentleman, I think this man went up st landry too; and something transpired in those fields.

MS was not followed; she was stalked from someone IN FRONT OF HER.

I don't agree that Mickey had to have been stalked from the front. Her REAR tire sustained injury, and IF she was hit, that impact had to come from behind her.

Also, very few people would be aware of what private businesses have security cameras that face the road.....I think it is more likely a case of horribly bad luck that whatever happened was not caught on tape.

I remember reading over and over again that she was on Versailles at 1:47 am and on St Landry at 1:48 am. But never heard what time the pickup was on St Landry.

LE told us those times, but not the time on the truck. Nor did they answer my question about that in the q&a chat thing yesterday. But seeing as the gas pumps are exactly the same in both pictures (single car with no visible driver) we can infer that the two pics are very close in time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie