Nancy Garrido - thread #2

if nancy was a cna it kinda makes kathy bates in misery look like florence nightengale........:banghead:

My father passed away a year ago and was in the hospital for a few days. He had a CNA who stayed with him and she would basically just hold his hand and make sure that he didn't pull his tubes out and stuff. Nothing major. That inspired my sister to want to become a nurse and she is going to school. She said the first step to becoming a "real" nurse is to become a CNA and you can become one after just one semester of schooling. My husband's ex-wife is a registered nurse and she had to go to school for 4 years and get a degree.

So their is a big difference between a CNA and a registered nurse. RNs are almost like doctors and CNAs are almost like volunteers. So what I'm trying to say is, just because NG was a CNA doesn't mean she had medical training (or very much)....

JULIE

My father passed away a year ago and was in the hospital for a few days. He had a CNA who stayed with him and she would basically just hold his hand and make sure that he didn't pull his tubes out and stuff. Nothing major. That inspired my sister to want to become a nurse and she is going to school. She said the first step to becoming a "real" nurse is to become a CNA and you can become one after just one semester of schooling. My husband's ex-wife is a registered nurse and she had to go to school for 4 years and get a degree.

So their is a big difference between a CNA and a registered nurse. RNs are almost like doctors and CNAs are almost like volunteers. So what I'm trying to say is, just because NG was a CNA doesn't mean she had medical training (or very much)....

JULIE
julie i think cna or registered nurse is a great occupation. but i cant imagine what a hypocrite ng would have to be to be one.......imagine her sitting
next to someone trying to ease there pain......all the while knowing what she and her sicko husband are doing to a little girl at home :furious:

I doubt Jaycee would ever visit them, unless it is to taunt them. The kids might go though.

And PG will never get out of prison, he is far too dangerous. Nancy however will probably get out eventually on parole. They might do a deal for her as well.

I doubt Jaycee would ever visit them, unless it is to taunt them. The kids might go though.

And PG will never get out of prison, he is far too dangerous. Nancy however will probably get out eventually on parole. They might do a deal for her as well.

parole for kidnapping and accesory to rape of a child? extradite her to texas so she can get the gas chamber. her hubby too

parole for kidnapping and accesory to rape of a child? extradite her to texas so she can get the gas chamber. her hubby too

Phil only did 11 years for his first kidnapping and rape. Nancy may, very well, do about the same amount of time, give or take a couple years. Unfortunately, the justice system constantly fails us when it comes to crimes against women and especially children. Although, this particular case is under a huge spotlight, HOPEFULLY she will be treated more harshly than Phil was in the 70's since we're all watching.

Phil only did 11 years for his first kidnapping and rape. Nancy may, very well, do about the same amount of time, give or take a couple years. Unfortunately, the justice system constantly fails us when it comes to crimes against women and especially children. Although, this particular case is under a huge spotlight, HOPEFULLY she will be treated more harshly than Phil was in the 70's since we're all watching.

your 100 percent right tizzle. i think the state has enough to nail both of them without cutting a deal with either though. i hope

Thing is... Nancy was employed as a CNA. When it comes to that type of patient care, productivity is not an issue. It's not like you have to see a certain number of patients.

:twocents: i was commenting on how nothing got done at home, so it
became a junkpile. NG was fired from Diamond Ridge Healthcare. But you're
certainly right in that productivity is often not measured on the job, and
no doubt contributes to the rise in healthcosts , and other ways.:truce:

That depends on whether they want to avoid a trial or not. They could offer her a deal, something like a conviction on the kidnapping and imprisonment charges, and a dismisal of the rape charges in return for a guilty plea. Then a reduced sentence for co-operating. That way they could avoid having a trial in which Jaycee and/or the girls would have to testify. She won't plead guilty unless they give her something in return.

They don't need to have a trial for PG because he can be sent away forever on the parole violation alone. Also, PG can be convicted on two statutory rape charges without Jaycee testifying at all, since the DNA of the children will provide irrefutable proof of the states case.

I believe that the accused in this country have a right to a trial.

:twocents: i was commenting on how nothing got done at home, so it
became a junkpile. NG was fired from Diamond Ridge Healthcare. But you're
certainly right in that productivity is often not measured on the job, and
no doubt contributes to the rise in healthcosts , and other ways.:truce:
I've worked extensively in nursing homes- not as a CNA, mind you- and they do have a set number of patients under their care, but they have a shift- 8 hours in which to get them all seen and they are basically there to tend to whatever basic care needs the patient needs.
I think the Garrido's home was a result of mental illness/OCD, not necessarily not enough time for housecleaning.

bbm
Thank you for answering my question.

Even referring to NG and PG as "parents" is just revolting, IMHO. :sick:
If PG is the bio father of Jaycee's girls, being a bio dad doesn't make you a "caring parent." Go check out Jaycee's bio dad's thread for more info on ideas about that. And NG is a parent to anyone how? By enabling her husband-rapist?

:book: NG said she was mother. What makes a mystery tale hard to put down
is we don't know the climax yet --- what do "Alissa" and her 2 think of
this bizarre arrangement for growing up?
The two points that struck me about PG's attitude as a caring father were:
1) his predatory violence stopped
2) he's been addressing the issue of what will Starlet and Angel do when
they grow up? I think he's losing his marbles though: the girls look evasive in
public as bystanders steer around a "God's Desire" soapbox preacher. And he
can't keep the Garrido's secrecy act together anymore, blowing its cover.

:book: NG said she was mother. What makes a mystery tale hard to put down
is we don't know the climax yet --- what do "Alissa" and her 2 think of
this bizarre arrangement for growing up?
The two points that struck me about PG's attitude as a caring father were:
1) his predatory violence stopped
2) he's been addressing the issue of what will Starlet and Angel do when
they grow up? I think he's losing his marbles though: the girls look evasive in
public as bystanders steer around a "God's Desire" soapbox preacher. And he
can't keep the Garrido's secrecy act together anymore, blowing its cover.

NG may have said she was the mother, but I was referring to your reference to the G's as "caring parents"
1) Do we really know for sure that his predatory violence stopped?
2) I'm not sure what you're referring to about his "addressing the issue of" what the girls will do when they grow up. Not saying it's not true, just saying I'm not sure where that info came from. Losing one's marbles is not evidence of one's "attitude as a caring father" ...

I believe that the accused in this country have a right to a trial.

Only if charges are pressed. They dont need a trial for the parole violation, and the stat rape charges would be easy to prove. that would be enough to send him away forever. They could drop all the rest of the charges.

Where and to whom has PG addressed the issue of what the two younger girls will do when they grow up? I haven't heard this, but have realized that he could never let them leave home.

NG may have said she was the mother, but I was referring to your reference to the G's as "caring parents"
1) Do we really know for sure that his predatory violence stopped?
2) I'm not sure what you're referring to about his "addressing the issue of" what the girls will do when they grow up. Not saying it's not true, just saying I'm not sure where that info came from. Losing one's marbles is not evidence of one's "attitude as a caring father" ...

Well, he does seem to have been making some efforts in recent years to bring them out into the world, allbeit it in a highly dysfunctional way. I have no idea how he thought he might be able to get away with that though, but he was crazy so who knows. I do think that it is a leap to say that he was a monster as far as the kids were concerned, we just don't know enough to say one way or the other at this point. Certainly THEY dont seem to think so, so there must gave been some level of affection.

Well, he does seem to have been making some efforts in recent years to bring them out into the world, allbeit it in a highly dysfunctional way. I have no idea how he thought he might be able to get away with that though, but he was crazy so who knows. I do think that it is a leap to say that he was a monster as far as the kids were concerned, we just don't know enough to say one way or the other at this point. Certainly THEY dont seem to think so, so there must gave been some level of affection.

I can appreciate the thought that perhaps PG "softened" a bit after the girls were born. Sometimes the sight of one's own offspring can bring out a part of a person which wasn't as visible or evident before. The way you stated it as "some level of affection" is much more palatable and realistic than the idea that he truly could have been a "caring parent."

My definition of "caring parent" apparently differs greatly from others'. To me, a "caring parent" is a term which will never ever be synonymous with someone whose parenthood occurred because they raped a little girl. You may not feel comfortable taking the leap to say "that he was a monster as far as the kids were concerned," but I am comfortable taking that leap. Regardless of whether or not he abused them in an outward way, they were abused, neglected, and/or mistreated by him from the moment of their violent, illegal, and non-consensual conceptions. Taking them on a few outings years later doesn't really balance that out for me.

I can appreciate the thought that perhaps PG "softened" a bit after the girls were born. Sometimes the sight of one's own offspring can bring out a part of a person which wasn't as visible or evident before. The way you stated it as "some level of affection" is much more palatable and realistic than the idea that he truly could have been a "caring parent."

My definition of "caring parent" apparently differs greatly from others'. To me, a "caring parent" is a term which will never ever be synonymous with someone whose parenthood occurred because they raped a little girl. You may not feel comfortable taking the leap to say "that he was a monster as far as the kids were concerned," but I am comfortable taking that leap. Regardless of whether or not he abused them in an outward way, they were abused, neglected, and/or mistreated by him from the moment of their violent, illegal, and non-consensual conceptions. Taking them on a few outings years later doesn't really balance that out for me.

the guy let his kids live in filth in a backyad (or more filth in the house) and that's just beyond what he did to there mom. i mean that right there is abuse and neglect itself
guy is a monster and there's no going around that

BTK was a monster and had kids who liked him, so that's nothing new. PG thought he owned the girls and was paranoid or he'd never have said that he slept with them since they were born. He knew he could never allow them real freedom or to ever have their own lives. They've never been seen anywhere normal (including that alleged birthday party thrown by his buddy) or without him that I've heard of. They were forced to participate in his religious psychosis and rantings, hauled around to junk yards, barber shops, and humiliated even though they might not have realized it. He was in no way caring and they didn't have much of a life at all. From the sound of some reports, they didn't even have a good diet or much variety either.

BTK was a monster and had kids who liked him, so that's nothing new. PG thought he owned the girls and was paranoid or he'd never have said that he slept with them since they were born. He knew he could never allow them real freedom or to ever have their own lives. They've never been seen anywhere normal (including that alleged birthday party thrown by his buddy) or without him that I've heard of. They were forced to participate in his religious psychosis and rantings, hauled around to junk yards, barber shops, and humiliated even though they might not have realized it. He was in no way caring and they didn't have much of a life at all. From the sound of some reports, they didn't even have a good diet or much variety either.

the guy let his kids live in filth in a backyad (or more filth in the house) and that's just beyond what he did to there mom. i mean that right there is abuse and neglect itself
guy is a monster and there's no going around that

Exactly, thank you!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie