Jose Baez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread.

I've been meaning for a while to point out something I noticed about JB. If he doesn't like what he's hearing he starts blinking his eyes more rapidly, often with no change of expression. He did it today when Judge S denied him something, the smile never wavered but his eyes were giving him away.:bateyes:

That's pretty amazing control.

Great thread.

I've been meaning for a while to point out something I noticed about JB. If he doesn't like what he's hearing he starts blinking his eyes more rapidly, often with no change of expression. He did it today when Judge S denied him something, the smile never wavered but his eyes were giving him away.:bateyes:

I noticed the same thing earlier on when he was initially doing more press interviews...

Great thread.

I will have to respectfully disagree. You were able to see his distaste, just as lots of, I'm sure did. There was little to no control. Control would not have given any indication of emotion. In other words, JB just doesn't have a "poker face". jmho

I didn't see any indication of acting. He also didn't appear inscrutable.

I noticed today that he was also very nervous, stuttering, and using "UM" alot. He seemed to not know the right words to use and the judge had to correct him plus remind him of a few things. Strickland also reminded him to do his own work because the State can't do it all for him. JB clearly was not prepared to the T with todays court date. I am not for KC at all but hopefully he is more prepared next week and the weeks to come.

Did you guys notice the way he rings his hands and fingers like Casey did in the Target video when she was waiting for the check to go thru? When he was listening to the judge today, he acted just like she did.

I guess I feel that this guy is getting a lot of crap thrown at him. He's just doing his job. Remember, his client is "innocent until proven guilty" and as a servant of the court, it is his job to forward that proposition. In "my" courtroom, Casey Anthony has already been tried and found guilty. But I sit in my living room in Montana and am pretty comfortable with my own outcome of that trial I held in my head. However, Mr. Baez has a hard ticket to ride with his client and as far as I can tell, is doing what he must to act on behalf of his client.

As distasteful as it may be to everyone who believes Casey is a harridan from hell, snatching the breaths of fresh air she's getting because no one is pinning anything substantial on her in the disappearance/death of her daughter, she is still given this, a most important aspect of our constitution: The right to an attorney and a presumption of innocence until a court and jury of peers determines otherwise.

p.s., did he look like he was retaining water? I bet he saves everything. (paraphrase of one of my favorite quotes from "...when harry met sally...")

I noticed today that he was also very nervous, stuttering, and using "UM" alot. He seemed to not know the right words to use and the judge had to correct him plus remind him of a few things. Strickland also reminded him to do his own work because the State can't do it all for him. JB clearly was not prepared to the T with todays court date. I am not for KC at all but hopefully he is more prepared next week and the weeks to come.

I noticed too. He was nervous and his speech/ grammar was below for an attorney. He didnt look too good today.

pisses me off- he makes it sound like the local law enforcement, the state, the FBI, are all out to get his client. They are doing thier job. He makes it sound like they are destroying evidence, tampering, and lying.

He is doing a dis-service to his future clients and his reputation in that county as long as he keeps insulting state, LE, and FBI.

I don't have anything against Baez for defending his client. The fact he allows Casey to spend 6-hrs. a day in his office reflects badly on his reputation. IMO

IMO, Baez best be aware of KC 's manipulation...........he may get "trapped".......

one more thing......

Baez,
If you want to know what evidence the state has~

Why dont you just ask your client?

oh.What? you cant believe your client? you cant believe your client and so you have to ask to get all the facts from the LE and the state? oh. I see.

Definitely worth exploring! I wish I could figure out facebook...but I can't, so I don't have an account, and even when I did, I couldn't see anyone's info. unless I was linked to them. It was all very confusing. Someone made up a dummy myspace account, maybe we could do that with facebook.

I read somewhere he has a daughter who is about Casey's age. I believe he was also a high school dropout.

I noticed too. He was nervous and his speech/ grammar was below for an attorney. He didnt look too good today.

pisses me off- he makes it sound like the local law enforcement, the state, the FBI, are all out to get his client. They are doing thier job. He makes it sound like they are destroying evidence, tampering, and lying.

He is doing a dis-service to his future clients and his reputation in that county as long as he keeps insaulting state, LE, and FBI.
I think he is a poor attorney based on his mistakes so far - filing a motion incorrectly, crying "not fair." Maybe I am crazy, but I thought "not fair" is not a legitimate legal defense.

He accuses the prosecution of trying this case in the media. He sure spends an inordinate amount of time either with his client or on TV. I have yet to see him use any case law in any of his motions.

I guess I feel that this guy is getting a lot of crap thrown at him. He's just doing his job. Remember, his client is "innocent until proven guilty" and as a servant of the court, it is his job to forward that proposition. In "my" courtroom, Casey Anthony has already been tried and found guilty. But I sit in my living room in Montana and am pretty comfortable with my own outcome of that trial I held in my head. However, Mr. Baez has a hard ticket to ride with his client and as far as I can tell, is doing what he must to act on behalf of his client.

As distasteful as it may be to everyone who believes Casey is a harridan from hell, snatching the breaths of fresh air she's getting because no one is pinning anything substantial on her in the disappearance/death of her daughter, she is still given this, a most important aspect of our constitution: The right to an attorney and a presumption of innocence until a court and jury of peers determines otherwise.

p.s., did he look like he was retaining water? I bet he saves everything. (paraphrase of one of my favorite quotes from "...when harry met sally...")

His client is only innocent until proven guilty IN A COURT OF LAW. What the public perceives is also their right to free speech. He needs to go back to law school and learn how to file a motion and how to investigate a case - he wants EVERYONE ELSE to do the work for him. It doesn't work that way

His client is only innocent until proven guilty IN A COURT OF LAW. What the public perceives is also their right to free speech. He needs to go back to law school and learn how to file a motion and how to investigate a case - he wants EVERYONE ELSE to do the work for him. It doesn't work that way

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

On the OC court records website JB is listed as the atty. on a total of 46 cases. 2 of which are KC's. Under each case number there may be more more than one count. I looked only at the felonies and have listed the most serious offense under each case number. This does not include KC's cases. It breaks down to-

Armed Burglary- 1
Burglary- 3
Prostitution- 1 (I think this was a felony due to prior convictions.)
Petit Theft- 2
Drug poss. 10
Sexual Assualt 1
Driving w/ DL susp 2
Arson 1
Ag. *advertiser censored*. w/firearm 1
Alt. DL 1
Grand Theft Auto 1
Poss Firearm 1
Trafficing C.S. 1
Fleeing Police 1

Three of these cases are/were in Judge Stricklands court. Was unable to see what the sentences were for these cases.
http://www.myorangeclerk.com/mycler...essionID=51aba08d-4036-406d-9bfa-6f4c719288d5

I have read he also practices in Lake County. Have not had a chance to check the web-site.

On the OC court records website JB is listed as the atty. on a total of 46 cases. 2 of which are KC's. Under each case number there may be more more than one count. I looked only at the felonies and have listed the most serious offense under each case number. This does not include KC's cases. It breaks down to-

Armed Burglary- 1
Burglary- 3
Prostitution- 1 (I think this was a felony due to prior convictions.)
Petit Theft- 2
Drug poss. 10
Sexual Assualt 1
Driving w/ DL susp 2
Arson 1
Ag. *advertiser censored*. w/firearm 1
Alt. DL 1
Grand Theft Auto 1
Poss Firearm 1
Trafficing C.S. 1
Fleeing Police 1

Three of these cases are/were in Judge Stricklands court. Was unable to see what the sentences were for these cases.
http://www.myorangeclerk.com/mycler...essionID=51aba08d-4036-406d-9bfa-6f4c719288d5

I have read he also practices in Lake County. Have not had a chance to check the web-site.

So will Casey's be his first murder case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member