OCSO Claims No New Charges On The Horizon

I don't understand how people are frustrated with law enforcement not finding a body. Even with cell phone pings, think about it. Caylee wasn't even 3 years old. She could be anywhere, and we don't even know the whole story. The one person with the whole story isn't talking. Like others have stated, with it being warmer and decomposition happening faster when it's hotter, law enforcement may only be looking for bones at this point.

That's not easy, folks :D

But they aren't giving up, and I'm glad they're not rushing to trial. On the contrary, this shows exactly how responsible they are. It's a sad image, but in my mind I can see Caylee telling them, "Not yet. Wait for me."

With a body, they'll have everything they need. Anyone that wants them to rush doesn't want the justice that Caylee deserves. We're all impatient, I know I am.. but Caylee deserves the best trial she can get.

I realize LE was impeded by KC not reporting Caylee missing for a month, but in my opinion, they have botched this right from the beginning. Why was CA allowed to wash the pants? Why did JB get the receipts and decide which ones to give them? Why was LA allowed to retrieve her stuff from TonE? Why in the he** wasn't the car taken into custody ASAP & not allowed to sit in their garage reeking of a dead human being? Why was she allowed bond when she cannot produce where her 2 year old (3 year old now!) child is located dead or alive? Travesty of justice and I am convinced she will not be prosecuted for Caylee's death. The whole family should burn in hell as far as I am concerned. I just can't waste any more time on this case since justice will never come. Now I understand why Greta stopped reporting on it. Waste, a HUGE waste!!!:mad:

Indeed, these are all very good questions. While I also agree I would rather the OSCo have a SOLID case for murder, so that Ms THANG doesn;t walk . I want to see her buried UNDER the jail. If it means we have to wait awhile longer while they keep gathering evidence, that is fine. As long as they make her PAY for LOSING her child. If this woman REALLY loved her child, she would want for her to be found and put to rest. The only person Casey loves is HERSELF.

yanknrebel

snipped......except according to FL double jeopardy law if she is prosecuted on the neglect charges she can not be prosecuted for murder.

It doesn't make sense to me about the law, I understood double jeopardy to be different but several WSers have made the comment that in FL if she is tried under neglect then she can't be tried under muder.
So in the state of Florida if you neglect your child and later murdered them it is double jeopardy? That does not make sense. Child neglect is a completely different charge and class of crime than murder....right? I tend to have faith in the prosecutor. I do not think they would hurt the murder case just to get her behind bars faster (via neglect) if it were in fact double jeopardy. She is also being arraigned on the fraud charges this Thursday. Girlfriend has A LOT of charges against her.

You're right.... I posted my frustration under the emotion thread but I should have put it here.

Some days the pot just over boils .....

But you're right. The spotlight should be on what evidence they DO have
and not what don't.

thanks for the reminder.... ;)

I love this quote from Cindy. "If I have to go out myself, door to door, and look for this child, until the day I die, I will walk every inch of this earth and open every door and knock on every door everyday and I will look in every nook and cranny." ~ Cindy Anthony ~ 7/18/08

Wonder WHY she HASN"T been looking?

Same here. It was almost like a go away now public, when and if we can charge her, we will, thanks for looking her her in ponds and swamps, but we can take it from here.

Maybe I just have a thicker hide but I didn't get that from it at all.

:bananalama::Welcome-12-june::newbie::bud:
First time poster, loooong time reader- I feel as if I know all of you lovely sleuthers!
Anyhoo, even though he said "if", iirc, this is the first time LE has even said the "H" word...HOMICIDE...even though "H" could stand for hinky, hooey, or horse sheet. That in of itself makes me feel encouraged.

snipped......except according to FL double jeopardy law if she is prosecuted on the neglect charges she can not be prosecuted for murder.

It doesn't make sense to me about the law, I understood double jeopardy to be different but several WSers have made the comment that in FL if she is tried under neglect then she can't be tried under muder.

Thanks for that info, I forgot about the Flordia double jepordy law. I have to state, I as well am confused on this point as I can not for the life of me figure out how a neglect charge would tie into murder.

But, beings I don't live in flordia, I'll trust our flordia wsers on the point that she can not be tried for murder.

I always thought double jeopardy ment one could not be charged twice for the same crime. I should go look that up.

This is what I found so far, so from what I'm readying they could got to trial for neglect and murder:

At common law, a single episode of criminal behavior produced only one prosecution, no matter how many wrongful acts were committed during that episode. Under current law, a proliferation of overlapping and related offenses may be prosecuted as separate crimes stemming from the same set of circumstances. For example, an individual who has stolen a car to facilitate an abduction resulting in attempted rape could be separately prosecuted and punished for auto theft, Kidnapping, and molestation. This development has significantly enlarged prosecutors' discretion over the charging process.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/double+jeopardy

And I found this as well:

Second, Burks and Greene implement the principle that

"[t]he Double Jeopardy Clause forbids a second trial for the purpose of affording the prosecution another opportunity to supply evidence which it failed to muster in the first proceeding."

http://supreme.justia.com/us/457/31/case.html#39

So I guess if Im reading it right, it would depend on how they were going to present the neglect charge in trial.

Actually, now if I remember correctly... she washed them as soon as they brought the car home BEFORE she found Casey or knew Caylee was "missing". They cleaned out the car that's how they found Amy's name and number. Knowing what the car smelled like, It is still my opinion that she did it deliberately to destroy evidence against Casey.

And I guess she was confident enough to not think it was Casey's body that caused the awful smell in the car. CA initially said, I think to Amy, that she feared opening the trunk and finding EITHER Casey or Caylee in there. Can you imagine if it had been Casey's deseased body that was now missing and the pants could have contained crucial evidence to convict.
IMO Cindy didn't have any reason to question Casey's well being and knew the smell meant something terrible for Casey so she went into cover up mode. At the time, I think she was fairly certain it wasn't Caylee either because after receiving the smelly car back, she found Casey, and made a very nonchalant call to LE reporting a theft. The terror didn't enter her voice until Casey admitted she couldn't provide Caylee. I think that's when it all came together for CA. And that was the closest to honest we will ever see of CA, imo.
I wonder now if things would have gone down a little differently if CA had initially questioned Caylee's well being, would she have gone into cover up mode so fast? What if the first call she made was to LE stating they got the car back, it smelled of death, found out where Casey was, but didn't go get her, and provided AL's address so LE could go pick up Casey. I don't think CA fathomed just what exactly she was unlocking that day. She had a clue it wasn't good, but I don't think she realized just how devastating it would all turn out.

I have faith LE will get exactly what they need to send Casey away for a Very Long time.

I don't understand how people are frustrated with law enforcement not finding a body. Even with cell phone pings, think about it. Caylee wasn't even 3 years old. She could be anywhere, and we don't even know the whole story. The one person with the whole story isn't talking. Like others have stated, with it being warmer and decomposition happening faster when it's hotter, law enforcement may only be looking for bones at this point.

That's not easy, folks :D

But they aren't giving up, and I'm glad they're not rushing to trial. On the contrary, this shows exactly how responsible they are. It's a sad image, but in my mind I can see Caylee telling them, "Not yet. Wait for me."

With a body, they'll have everything they need. Anyone that wants them to rush doesn't want the justice that Caylee deserves. We're all impatient, I know I am.. but Caylee deserves the best trial she can get.

I agree with your assessment here, but in reality I think the chances of them finding anything of Caylee is very remote. Miracles do happen though and I guess we can hold out for one.:)

Last week, charges in a few weeks, this week, no charges on the horizon. :confused:

Last week, "iron clad" evidence, placement of Caylee's body in trunk, this week no evidence???

Well, remember that information about placement of her body in the trunk, etc., was passed on unofficially. No offense to who shared. It may or may not be accurate. Someone could have been pulling that person's leg, because they were tired of being asked about it. To be honest, I was rather disappointed that an FBI agent would be that indiscreet.

As for no charges on the horizon.... well... I would say there are no changes on the horizon until they decide to arrest her. Then there are. Just like crooked politicians are completely innocent and have no intention of resigning. Until they do <g>.

Much welcome Nursie. :blowkiss:

I just hope everyone can keep the faith. There are so many good players who want nothing more than to bring justice and closure to this case. It's the most publicized case I think I've ever seen with the worst twists.
you just don't know how much reading yuri's words made my day and how much I thank you for sharing, dude! In fact...I am so uplifted I am posting his words again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

post_old.gif
09-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Dick Tracy Orlando
user_offline.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching
Oh, there are tons of questions we all would love to ask, but cannot. Maybe someday when things are all over with, he will come back to answer the lingering ones. Until then...we will consider him one of the "good guys" and will keep him entertained until he recovers from his unfortunate accident.

When this is over, I will be happy to answer any questions about the case. Until then, I honestly can't. I know many are chomping at the bit and I appreciate your restraint.

"For he (Government) is the minister of God to you for good. But if you do that which is evil, be afraid; for he bears not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath on him that does evil." Romans 13:4

Actually, I think it's just the opposite. I think Caylee may be further away than we think.

Remember how Casey tried to explain the smell in the trunk. She tried to point attention to the engine and squirrels.

She told Lee that she feels Caylee is close. I think she's not.

LE has been looking very close to her home. That could be the reason they haven't found her.

Think like Casey. I bet we can. We've heard enough over the weeks to see how deranged she is.

I agree. I think she had the gas cans full of gas as well as a full tank of gas and she drove way the hell out yonder and did whatever she did and drove back. I think it was during the time she was incommunicado and therefore no pings to show where she went. I think her fav show CSI gave her some clues on what not to do and she knew not to call anyone - im sure she knows what a cell phone tower is. Thats what makes those 2 days of no calls or text so damn incriminating. We all know she was a hard-core cell phone addict...

I feel so bad for LE in all this. They have a near impossible task but I am trying to have faith that the evil thing will not get away with it. She certainly is not smarter than they so there is NO WAY she can... (crossing self, crossing fingers and toes and touching wood)

ETA - I have always thought she had those cans in the car to a few reasons: 1) To sit on top of the poor wee baby and hide her bagged body. 2) Disguise the smell of squirrels with the smell of petrol. 3) So she didnt have to go to get gas on her way out of town.

I agree. I think she had the gas cans full of gas as well as a full tank of gas and she drove way the hell out yonder and did whatever she did and drove back. I think it was during the time she was incommunicado and therefore no pings to show where she went. I think her fav show CSI gave her some clues on what not to do and she knew not to call anyone - im sure she knows what a cell phone tower is. Thats what makes those 2 days of no calls or text so damn incriminating. We all know she was a hard-core cell phone addict...

Wasn't her phone cut off for a day or two due to an upaid bill?

Bolded statement by me to clarify the reference to my question.

I really think they have all the information they need to prove Caylee is gone. What information they may not have 'iron clad' proof on is that Casey is the one that committed the act. That's where the investigation now sits, IMO.

I can't imagine how we'd all feel if this went to court with all the DNA/forensics proof but have Jose leave doubt that Casey is behind it and we watch her walk out the door.

That's enough for me to have patience.

AMEN!!! Remember they have to get it right the first time. They only get one try to try her for murder. Le them take their time. We don;t need any reasonable doubt. Can't try her twice for same crime.

you just don't know how much reading yuri's words made my day and how much I thank you for sharing, dude! In fact...I am so uplifted I am posting his words again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL You crack me right up!

It is encouraging when proof they aren't giving up is right before our eyes.

As much as we're addicted to this case, can't you just imagine how sleepless LE's nights are?

She may not have even had her cell phone with her when she disposed of the body. Casey was a fan of crime shows so she could have easily picked up the fact that LE could track her with cell phone pings. Caylee could be anywhere. Casey could have simply left her cell phone at home and took off for a five hour drive somewhere...who knows where. Sadly, I don't think they'll ever find her body.

Well, this is not good news! So... I guess this DNA evidence they claimed they had was not enough to say conclusively that it was Caylee in the trunk. Why would they need to keep retesting it? Doesn't make sense.

My thought was that they tested it at their lab, then at the FBI lab, and now at a third lab. If all three answers are the same Bozo can't possibly say they're not correct.

I would think even the most hardened criminals have to take the quiet time. Not to grieve, but to think out their strategy.

Keep this in mind. The cell tower pings only tell when she was using her phone. If she was disposing of a body, I would think she was a bit too busy to sit and gab to her friends and dudes.

One thing I've learned with this case is... it's not what's present, it's what's absent.

I am honestly kind of tired of LE being accused of poorly handling this case. Please put the blame where it belongs: CA

SHE never called the cops when KC stole from her, her parents, her friends. SHE didn't call IMMEDIATELY when they found the car 'smells like there's been a dead body'. SHE didn't call the police when KC disappeared and then wouldn't let her talk to Caylee for a month. What other things did she NOT call the police about when she should have? There is SO much that we DON'T know about this case. The things that were released were the things that aren't going to a GJ. I highly doubt that they only had 1 recorded interview with most of these people. You KNOW they have much, much more on KC and are just waiting until all their ducks are in a row. Patience is required. Justice WILL be served. I have complete faith in LE on this case! Please stop blaming them for not being psychic and going to the A's house before they called for help. CA kept leaving the room when LA was speaking with KC BEFORE LE was called. Don't you think she had probably already washed the pants BEFORE LE arrived/was called? Please don't blame LE for CA's poor choices (I think GA's hands have been kind of tied when it comes to handling KC. My guess is that if GA were the one 'in charge' of raising KC things would have been handled much differently and none of this would ever have happened). I'm sorry, I'm just sick and tired of seeing people knock LE over this case. Put the blame where it belongs. OK done ranting now. *steps off soapbox*

I agree but after this weekend, I do understand a little as well... this may seem a little off topic and I apologize.

For over a month, I've noticed things at my house being wrong. The downspout knocked off everyday, the gate open, this chair moved, etc. I figured my spouse or my kids moved it, opened it, etc. I TOLD MYSELF that I was imagining things. Sunday night, we discovered that someone has been peeping in our windows for what purpose, I don't know. Until they made it obvious but falling off a pile of crap they moved under my bedroom window so they could see in, I didn't know what was going on. They came back three times that night. The first two times we heard some noises outside and investigated and left the lights ON outside but that was before they moved the chairs and stuff they used to look in our window. Even after we went around looking for them, they came back. We called the cops and about an hour after they left, whoever it was shot fireworks off in our driveway at 1 AM. It was pretty hard to ignore at that point... that's when I put it all together.

I hate to stand up for Cindy at all but I caught myself doing the same thing. It's hard to believe that anyone is doing something bad to you, especially your own daughter. I think Cindy has tried to destroy evidence against KC, I do. But after watching Cindy and Yuri talk in their interview, I do not think she knows anything about what happened to Caylee and I think I can see that she knows the truth, she is just not admitting it even to herself because then it might be true. It was the first time I have seen her in a way that has made me the least amount sympathetic towards her.

Yuri is so kind and gentle with her. He is a wonderful man. I think LE is doing a great job and I would be mad if they rushed this through. These things take time. We've forgotten that, I think.

Does anyone have a link to this video? I can only find one interview, with just snippets, and no mention of DNA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back