AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOX10 updated with video
Wood's mom: Recent arrests overshadow search for Brittney

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/local_news/mobile_county/woods-mom-arrests-overshadow-search

snip
Chessie believes the sex abuse case is not related to her missing daughter. However, she says she believes the suicide of Donald Holland may have something to do with it.

“He picked her up at the end of my street,” said Wood. “They did go to Styx River. We know this by telephone pings. Later, her phone pings back in grand bay, once.”

ETA snipped quote from article

BW's father is posting on the FOX10 facebook page under the newest article...

Wood's mom: Recent arrests overshadow search for Brittney

http://www.facebook.com/FOX10News?r...?comment_id=1896939&offset=0&total_comments=3

Oh dear! I read her father's comment and he says the chances of this being just coincidence are 1 in a Billion.

Maybe LE hasn't publicly said it, but if her Daddy says it, I believe it.

Her Daddy says Brittney's clothes and her baby's still unwrapped birthday presents were found at Donnie's house??

Was it Zeaux that said Donnie's river house was never searched by LE? Why not? It's the last place Brittney was seen?

I mean, really?

I'm glad to be finding these things out. I was under the impression LE was working with what they had but apparently they aren't. If it's as simple as turning it over to an agency with the resources and manpower to find her, then I don't see why it wasn't done weeks ago. I know our local PD is very overworked and understaffed. I know crime is extremely rampant here. But damn! Turn it over to the proper agency at least!

I am also very afraid of saying the wrong thing in the wrong place and the wrong thing period. Every time I turn around it seems someone is closer and closer. All I want to do is pack up and get the hell out of here.

And help Brittney's family bring her home somehow.

Heart breaking for BW's father.

Lots of unknown details he is sharing.

I 'm glad he is sharing and is outraged. The responses to him are positive, which makes me think we're turning a corner in having Brittney's case taken seriously by the town folk and LE. If I was there, I would personally be rattling LE's collective cages to DO SOMETHING NOW!!

Forgive me as I am following this case loosely, but I think LE IS doing something. There have been a number of arrests of family members, seemingly well deserved! So I see LE is doing something & it maybe the smartest way? LE seems to be cleaning up the scumbags in this regard (BRAVO) and maybe that is the fastest way to find Brittney, by hoping or betting that one of those bas$ards try to save their a$$ & spill? Just my thoughts.

I didn't hear about this case until my husband and I went down to Mobile last month for a house hunting trip and I saw a flyer in a gas station window on our last day there. We actually stayed in the Holiday Inn in Tillman's corner not too far from Brittney's home. We are relocating to the West Mobile area for my husband's job transfer. I have to say that my first impression of the area was that there are some "harder looking" neighborhoods, as there are in every city of that size, but overall I was impressed with how nice everyone was to us. I was generally excited to get to the area, and still am to a point. It has taken me a few days to get caught up with posts and news links. Through visiting the links and seeing how much crime is in the area, I'm kind of worried now. I hope it's just a matter of not associating with people who are involved in risky lifestyles. Anyhow, we will be moving in to our new home on the 1st of August, and I plan to do SOMETHING when we get semi-unpacked. Whether it be to hand out more flyers, check the geocache trail, help go on a search if there is one at that point, or whatever else I can find to do to help. I have to reiterate what others have already said: everyone who has put effort in to helping find her, the timeline, etc. have done a great job! I truly hope that this girl is found alive and as well as can be under the circumstances. Forgive me for my rambling, but it's been a long day and I'm getting sleepy. Just wanted ya'all to know that there's another person who will be in the area and plans to help in search efforts. God bless, and goodnight~

Forgive me as I am following this case loosely, but I think LE IS doing something. There have been a number of arrests of family members, seemingly well deserved! So I see LE is doing something & it maybe the smartest way? LE seems to be cleaning up the scumbags in this regard (BRAVO) and maybe that is the fastest way to find Brittney, by hoping or betting that one of those bas$ards try to save their a$$ & spill? Just my thoughts.

Maybe. But LE is saying these arrests have nothing to do with Brittney. So if that is true, then this doesn't wash. Glad they're off the streets, but since they're seeming to take the stance that she's a runaway adult, they are not actively looking for her, investigating her disappearance or taking the sreps to turn it over to ABI/FBI that will do these things.

So far, they still don't believe foul play is involved (or aren't saying they do).

Maybe. But LE is saying these arrests have nothing to do with Brittney. So if that is true, then this doesn't wash. Glad they're off the streets, but since they're seeming to take the stance that she's a runaway adult, they are not actively looking for her, investigating her disappearance or taking the sreps to turn it over to ABI/FBI that will do these things.

So far, they still don't believe foul play is involved (or aren't saying they do).

You maybe right, but I am just more optimistic given the arrests...there is movement & are not sweeping everything under the rug so to speak. I am hoping and have faith they are just keeping the rest (investigating her disappearance, etc.) quiet for whatever their reasons are. :please:

Oh dear! I read her father's comment and he says the chances of this being just coincidence are 1 in a Billion.

Her Daddy says Brittney's clothes and her baby's still unwrapped birthday presents were found at Donnie's house??

Was it Zeaux that said Donnie's river house was never searched by LE? Why not? It's the last place Brittney was seen?

I mean, really?

When I read about her clothes and the gifts being found at the house in Styx River, I was shocked to say the least. Why has law enforcement not classified her as missing under suspicious circumstances?

I read in the comments under one of the articles that it was BW's gun that DH used and that BW wouldn't have let him just have the gun. I know that we had heard that before, but now we have another source stating the same thing. Maybe BW did give the gun to him, but the only two people that know that are DH and BW. One of them is deceased and the other is missing. Am I crazy in thinking that this is suspicious?

Why would DH leave BW at the truck stop in Grand Bay? Why not drop her back off in Tillman's corner?

Does anyone know if that truck stop is a known place for purchasing drugs?

When I read about her clothes and the gifts being found at the house in Styx River, I was shocked to say the least. Why has law enforcement not classified her as missing under suspicious circumstances?

I read in the comments under one of the articles that it was BW's gun that DH used and that BW wouldn't have let him just have the gun. I know that we had heard that before, but now we have another source stating the same thing. Maybe BW did give the gun to him, but the only two people that know that are DH and BW. One of them is deceased and the other is missing. Am I crazy in thinking that this is suspicious?

Why would DH leave BW at the truck stop in Grand Bay? Why not drop her back off in Tillman's corner?

Does anyone know if that truck stop is a known place for purchasing drugs?

I work at a hotel and one of our guests is from Tillmans Corner. I asked him about this truck stop and he said it is well known for "Lot Lizards" (his words) and drugs.

Her clothing and her daughter's presents being at the Styx River House changed everything for me. I no longer think she left on her own. I don't think she would have left without giving her daughter her presents. Where are you Brittney????? Your baby girl needs you and your mom and dad are going through hell. Maybe today will be the day.:please:

I posted this in the other forum about the abuse in this case but since it has possible addresses that might help locate Brittney, I have posted it here too. I am not saying it is related, just a federal resource.

This is from the federal site that lists houses that have been busted before with meth labs.....it is only as good as the sheriff's department is in reporting them though. Any of you guys that are so on the ball with addresses recognize any of these? I hope they have checked these addresses......in our county, the same people get out of jail, go back to these addresses because they are there only homes, and begin the labs again. I hope that the LEO has checked these addresses for Brittney. (especially the more recent ones) If she is an addict, she needs to be found, sometimes it takes an intervention.

Taken from: http://www.justice.gov/dea/seizures/al.pdf

Baldwin County, Alabama

BALDWIN BAY MINETTE 15877 WEST PINE GROVE ROAD UNIT 6 8/3/2011
BALDWIN DAPHNE 500 GRANT ST D213 12/28/2004
BALDWIN FOLEY 126 COUNTY ROAD 20 W 206 8/27/2004
BALDWIN FOLEY 15820 BEASLEY ROAD 7/4/2008
BALDWIN GULF SHORES 2151 MEEKER LN 10/14/2004
BALDWIN GULF SHORES 336a EAST 3RD ST A 4/22/2005
BALDWIN GULF SHORES 216 EAST 24TH AVENUE 11 12/24/2011
BALDWIN LILLIAN 9525 COUNTY 91 RD 5/12/2004
BALDWIN PERDIDO 56631 SPLINTER HILL RD 5/4/2004
BALDWIN ROBERTSDALE 22031 COUNTY 87 ROAD 3 1/21/2012
BALDWIN SEMINOLE 19815 SEMINOLE DR 5/13/2004
BALDWIN STOCKTON 9700 HELTON RD 4/12/2004
BALDWIN SUMMERDALE 17761 COUNTY ROAD 28 RD C 12/1/2004

Mobile County, Alabama
MOBILE AXIS 1330 LYONS DR 2/10/2004
MOBILE AXIS 10895 LONG ROAD 5/12/2010
MOBILE CHICKASAW 619 HWY 43 10/4/2005
MOBILE CITRONELLE 19690 BUCK ROAD 7/21/2010
MOBILE CREOLA 9323 LAWSHE ROAD 1/7/2012
MOBILE EIGHT MILE 4875 WHIGHAM RD 2 11/5/2004
MOBILE EIGHT MILE 5512 A OLD CITRONELLE HIGHWAY 7/17/2010
MOBILE IRVINGTON 7846 ROBERSON ST 5/14/2004
MOBILE IRVINGTON 9898 SOUTH TAYLOR AVENUE 4/5/2010
MOBILE MOBILE 7600 TILLMAN RD 2/4/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 9053 KEENE 2/27/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 2716 DAUPHIN ISLAND PKWY 15 5/25/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 375 HILLCREST RD R 201 6/9/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 9611 NEW NECK RD C 7/21/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 4312 HUNTINGTON DR 8/9/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 5498 INN RD 111 8/25/2004
MOBILE MOBILE 5051 CAMALOT DR 1/15/2005
MOBILE MOBILE 1019 SMITH AVE 3/2/2005
MOBILE MOBILE 417 5TH AVENUE 5/9/2007
MOBILE MOBILE 6300 OLD PASCAGOULA ROAD LOT A 5/13/2009
MOBILE MOBILE 9218 SOUTH VALLARIS STREET 4/12/2010
MOBILE MOBILE 3320 HAMILTON BOULEVARD 5/6/2010
MOBILE MOBILE 7935 WEST SOUTHGATE DRIVE 7/7/2010
MOBILE MOBILE 485 FOSTER ROAD 12/14/2011
MOBILE MOBILE 2449 KARAGAN DRIVE 12/27/2011
MOBILE MOUNT VERNON 250 ANDRY ROAD 5/12/2010
MOBILE SATSUMA 56 ORANGE AVE 1/3/2004
MOBILE SEMMES 6901 MCCRARY RD 1/2/2004
MOBILE SEMMES 10561 SOUTH WULFF ROAD D 3/2/2006
MOBILE THEODORE 5441 JEANETTE AVE 5/20/2004
MOBILE THEODORE 5350 CAROL PLANTATION ROAD 5/4/2010
MOBILE THEODORE 10200 BEN HAMILTON ROAD 12/21/2011
MOBILE TURNERVILLE 3180 DIXIE RD 2/19/2004
MOBILE WILMER 12354 DANNER ROAD 5/3/2010
MOBILE WILMER 8841 LOTT ROAD 18 7/16/2010
MOBILE WILMER 11581 NORTH GLENWOOD CIRCLE ROAD 8/5/2010
MOBILE WILMER 8920 TRACE LANE 12/29/2011
MOBILE 62 11TH AVE 6/6/2005

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing this with everyone!

I mean, really?

I know, I was shocked to read about the items found at the Styx River house. I wonder if they were given to her by DH? If so, maybe this is a reason why she was meeting with him, to pick up the presents??

I know, I was shocked to read about the items found at the Styx River house. I wonder if they were given to her by DH? If so, maybe this is a reason why she was meeting with him, to pick up the presents??
Or maybe other people were at the house to give them to her?

I didn't hear about this case until my husband and I went down to Mobile last month for a house hunting trip and I saw a flyer in a gas station window on our last day there. We actually stayed in the Holiday Inn in Tillman's corner not too far from Brittney's home. We are relocating to the West Mobile area for my husband's job transfer. I have to say that my first impression of the area was that there are some "harder looking" neighborhoods, as there are in every city of that size, but overall I was impressed with how nice everyone was to us. I was generally excited to get to the area, and still am to a point. It has taken me a few days to get caught up with posts and news links. Through visiting the links and seeing how much crime is in the area, I'm kind of worried now. I hope it's just a matter of not associating with people who are involved in risky lifestyles. Anyhow, we will be moving in to our new home on the 1st of August, and I plan to do SOMETHING when we get semi-unpacked. Whether it be to hand out more flyers, check the geocache trail, help go on a search if there is one at that point, or whatever else I can find to do to help. I have to reiterate what others have already said: everyone who has put effort in to helping find her, the timeline, etc. have done a great job! I truly hope that this girl is found alive and as well as can be under the circumstances. Forgive me for my rambling, but it's been a long day and I'm getting sleepy. Just wanted ya'all to know that there's another person who will be in the area and plans to help in search efforts. God bless, and goodnight~

I live in the Mobile area and it is as good if not a better place to live than some. Most people here are nice. I know that the family would welcome another member of Team Brittney!! We have to find out the truth and keep pushing LE to do what's right by her.

I have called the MPD (Mobile Police Department) and the NCMEC (National Center for Missing and Exploited Children) while others have contacted the ABI (Alabama Bureau of Investigations) and the ALPSD (ALabama Public Safety Department). The NCMEC can not do anything until LE flags Brittney's entry with the NCIC. The ABI and ALPSD have both said that they have offered their assistance, free of charge, to help the MPD in the search for Brittney but the MPD has not accepted their offer. Because of jurisdiction protocols the ABI and ALPSD will not get involved unless asked to do so by the investigating agency.

After becoming more involved, I can see why this family is so frustrated. It appears, and I am a big advocate for LE, that LE has dropped the ball on this one, for whatever reason. That may change tomorrow, in which case I will eat my shorts, but it seems that LE's lackadaisical attitude, only doing what is absolutely necessary, surrounding Brittney's disappearance could be jeopardising the truth from ever being known.

My point is that it seems like the ones doing the work to find Brittney are completely at the mercy of agencies that either have ego's the size of the moon, want to play political games, or are tied by bureaucratic red tape.

I mean, really?

Yeah he is pretty angry.

When the statement that the investigation and Brittany's disapearance were unrelated was issued I questioned how they could be so bold about making the statment without having any clue to what happened to Brittany or where she went. For them to say that would indicate they have an idea of the why she went missing which is not related to thse other events(unlikey) and why she is not back yet which would still be unrelated.

Anyone seen any indication they have any clues to why or where she went that do not involve any other aspect of her daily life because all the people in it had different issues then Brittany and those are unrelated to her case?

I work at a hotel and one of our guests is from Tillmans Corner. I asked him about this truck stop and he said it is well known for "Lot Lizards" (his words) and drugs.

Her clothing and her daughter's presents being at the Styx River House changed everything for me. I no longer think she left on her own. I don't think she would have left without giving her daughter her presents. Where are you Brittney????? Your baby girl needs you and your mom and dad are going through hell. Maybe today will be the day.:please:

IMOO
I am on the fence with regard to almost every aspect of this case. ( as we all are) Although one could see the presents and the clothing left - as a sign of foul play( mommy would never leave without giving the presents); one could also make a case for staging and appearances. It's the thought that counts?
For example, did her daughter get the presents after all? ( or are they entered into evidence?) Did she leave them for her as some sort of a going away present?

I hope she did. I hope and pray she is safe and sound somewhere.. maybe in Witness Protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer