LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like there is another street light further down the road on the left leaving a second smaller white blob.

The Z-blob truck looks a bit further down from the light. If you can find that lamp, you could more accurately estimate.

There is a tall pole at the end of the covered walk on the left. Is that a light?

If so, I would say the placement is a little further back. Close enough though.

The closer blob has been altered to cover something, it's not a light source, the street lamp where the overhang of the building causes the light to slant sideways, behind her.

Attachments

• versailles1.jpg
    versailles1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 43
It looks like the vehicle behind her is going the other way on Versaille... headlights shining in other direction.... it actually looks like a car as in the HOOPTIE CAR!

I can see your point, but it sure looks like they would be driving in the wrong lane.

ACK!!

Everyone, read my previous posts and watch the video yourself!

I misunderstood Abdella.

Trying to stop this rumor before it grows more legs.

THANKS!

It STILL looks to me like Mickey is stopped and pointing in that picture.

But I wonder, do people make it a habit of loitering in front of a Catholic School at 2am?

Also, does the light behind her pixelate? B/c IMO that looks like a legit light from street view.

I said the same thing a few days ago. It looks to me like she has stopped. I see her leg at an angle to the bike tire. Instead of pointing, however, to me it appears her elbow is bent and her hand is up by her face. At first I thought she was on her phone, but it's also possible she stopped to talk to someone (if there are people there) and she could be brushing the hair out of her face. IMO

Disregard! I deleted my post.

My Cajun to English dictionary was malfunctioning and I realized he meant the bike being found in WB may have been a disguise and not where Mickey will be found.

LOL! I was going to suggest he was using a little Cajun ingenuity with his choice of words.

LOL @ Cajun to English dictionary.

<modsnip>

I just listened to the KLFY news segment. Abdella said that the perp may have disguised (a "smokescreen") where he took Mickey by dumping her bike at Whiskey Bay, not that the perp was wearing a disguise.

I said the same thing a few days ago. It looks to me like she has stopped. I see her leg at an angle to the bike tire. Instead of pointing, however, to me it appears her elbow is bent and her hand is up by her face. At first I thought she was on her phone, but it's also possible she stopped to talk to someone (if there are people there) and she could be brushing the hair out of her face. IMO

If she stopped, it couldn't have been LONG as she was through University @ Circle K just one minute later!

Thanks for posting that picture again, now you can see them side by side.

Attachments

• Versailles(0147)%20(1).jpg
    Versailles(0147)%20(1).jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 83
  • versailles1.jpg
    versailles1.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 62
  • oQXzz.jpg
    oQXzz.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 86
I warmed up the hue. Hopefully it will help those who are trying to study the background.

hue.png

I just listened to the KLFY news segment. Abdella said that the perp may have disguised (a "smokescreen") where he took Mickey by dumping her bike at Whiskey Bay, not that the perp was wearing a disguise.

THANK YOU!!!

Clearly you understand the Southern Lingo better than I, which is ironic. lol

This is a photo left many threads ago of a clean nighttime shot of the Versailles area

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7983247&postcount=273"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11[/ame]

I can see your point, but it sure looks like they would be driving in the wrong lane.

Yes, but maybe to speed off to rush down University to meet up with her on St. Landry. It appears to have a light colored top like the Hooptie. And remember how that Hooptie showed some speed in that University photo. But rather slow near Mickey on St. Landry.

Here are a couple pics worth mentioning when discussing the Versailles photo. None by me:

attachment.php

Source: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7995959&postcount=180"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #17[/ame]

http://i.imgur.com/oQXzz.jpg
Source: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7983247&postcount=273"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11[/ame]

A late update on the Mississippi Torso had the following:

"Authorities are not sure if the limbs were intentionally removed".

Well they didn't just fall off.

Guess they're trying to imply shark or alligator activity or something.

The picture does seem to be altered but I couldn't swear to it. I could not get that white layer removed.

Versaillesenlarged.jpg

About the white blob:

If you examine the white glow produced by the street light down the street on the left, does it PIXELATE like you think it should

If not, then......?

Thanks for posting that picture again, now you can see them side by side.

This one was posted a few days ago, a clear daytime shot of that spot.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8007849&postcount=1299"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #20[/ame]

Note all the short pole lights.

The closer blob has been altered to cover something, it's not a light source, the street lamp where the overhang of the building causes the light to slant sideways, behind her.

The light wouldn't come from around the sign IMO, and my DH. It's too harsh, something was covered up... IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah