AL AL - Lori Slesinski, 24, car found ablaze, Auburn, 10 June 2006 *arrest in 2018* *Guilty*

I read on her MySpace she was last seen going to the grocery store. Her casual dress would support that. She wasn't last seen dressed for work or for a night out on the town or a date. I wonder which grocery store she shopped at? I read she lived in a trailer. Is there a grocery near her trailer location? I am sure LE has asked store employees if she was seen there. Could she have struck up a conversation with someone in the parking lot? Perhaps she was abducted from the parking lot. And what time of day was she seen going to the store? One article I read quoted a LE official stating he couldn't reveal the last person she spoke to. This piqued my interest. Who could this individual have been?

I doubt a patient at the mental health center is the culprit. I too worked with mental patients (many moons ago) and I don't feel that this is a likely possibiliy. I do feel that her loneliness (maybe desperation?) for someone to love her placed her in a vulnerable position.

I wasn't able to see that interview with her parents but I highly doubt they had any role in their daughter's disappearance. I predict this is either a sex crime or a robbery gone bad, maybe someone stealing her sporty vehicle. I do fear the worse. The car arson was an attempt to destroy evidence. Does anyone know if search dogs have been used?

Lots of questions but so few answers....

Bobbisangel said:
If I were the parents of this girl and I came in here to try and find some support I would be very upset after reading your posts. You talk like everything that you say is pure fact or that you know something nobody else does. I don't see why you don't think that Lori's family wouldn't be upset. You have nothing to base your statements on. LE isn't focusing on her parents and as far as we know they could be the most wonderful parents in the world. You shouldn't judge them by watching them interviewed on TV. It seems to me that you are reading an awful lot into their interviews right up to how they did the crime. I think that is really unfair to parents that are in horrible pain not knowing where their daughter is or what has happened to her. For their sake I think you should stop.
OK. First of all, I want to say I am very sorry if anyone took it that I was being a "know-it-all" or a busy-body. I am the total opposite. I want to also divulge something in this forum that I never imagined nor felt like I would be divulging...in this forum or anywhere.

While I am concerned for Lori Slesinki's parents, my greatest concern is for this young woman and her whereabouts (or what remains of her). I can tell you first hand, it is no fun to be forced to do anything against your will, and I know what it feels like to be the victim of a violent crime, FIRST hand. Being a victim is something you never completely get over.

Learning to live with it is one thing, but to completely get over it and move on with your life is next to impossible. No matter how much counseling, how much family, how many friends and loved ones support you have, there will always be a constant reminder when you turn on the news and hear about someone else being a victim. And it makes the victim(s) teeth-seething MAD!

When I heard about this young lady's disappearance, I could not help but think about the many times I have driven down Opelika Parkway at night, by myself, on my way home from my fiance's house. And to think, it could have very well been me, or anyone else for that matter. It also made me think back to something much worse, something I won't even discuss on this board because it is far too painful of a memory.

I think everyone asks the same questions and feels the horror and pain of something like this; the questions, "Who would do that, why would they, where is she, I hope to God she's ok, I wonder if she just ran off, I hope they did not rape or torture her, I wonder if she's alive, she's probably dead, she is probably this, she is probably THAT!" etc; etc. Those things, such as what I said on this website, are NORMAL! I am not a bad person for wanting to know where this girl is, and rather or not someone she knows is responsible for her disappearance.

The fact that statistics show most homicides are commited by someone who knew the victim, this should make it clear that there is NOTHING wrong or abnormal for me to reasonably believe the parents could be suspects. Believe me, anyone who thinks otherwise has lived a very secluded, non-televised life. I am not sorry for what I said, but I am very sorry for anyone who feels offended by it. But I said (and wrote) what I felt from the heart, and I also pray each day when I pray, "God, please bring this girl and all the other missing family members home to their families, and let them be in peace wherever they are, be it on their own free will or against their will, be with them." I pray for Ms Slesinski's family, too.

This will be my last post on here as I do not like feeling as though I have done something wrong for merely wondering or asking myself NORMAL questions, and posting them on this board.

God bless you all,
Have a wonderful day.

May God be with you, Lori Slesinki, wherever you are,
and may He be with your family at this time, too!

VirginiaInAlabama said:
This will be my last post on here as I do not like feeling as though I have done something wrong for merely wondering or asking myself NORMAL questions, and posting them on this board.
As we said before, it's just not the place. This is for info and support. We just don't want anyone hurt. When people google someone's name- that is the last thing the family wants to see, they have enough pain.
We welcome everyone's ideas and hope you will share yours on the proper thread.

VirginiaFromAlabama,

You are looking at the whole thing from a victim's point of view from what I gather...from what you said. I can understand that and I'm sorry if something happened to you in the past. I don't believe that a person ever gets over being a victim...I have worked with many from teens to adults of both sexes.

My daughter was murdered when she was 25 years old. I try and look at the crime including the victim and the family. I was never blamed for my daughter's death because we knew right away who shot her 3 times. If anyone had ever thought that I murdered my daughter I would have been crushed..not that I wasn't already. It would have cut me to the core to read some of the things that you posted here about Lori's parents. We do look at parents at times if there is something suspicious about them but there hasn't been a word said about her parents...not a hint. It's not usually parents when the person is as old as Lori. It is sometimes a parent when the child is little though.

There isn't a need to stop posting but it is important to think about the feelings of others like Lori's parents. In most cases of older kids their parents are frantic to find them and they are dying inside. They need our support and prayers. Put yourself in their shoes. I know that is hard to do unless you have been there but how would you feel if your adult child was missing?

Take Care

Nothing new on Lori? I wonder if after she left the grocery store she decided to go for a walk somewhere....a park or beach, etc, and maybe met up with a stranger. I don't know what the weather was like there or anything but at some point she met up with someone who ended up doing something and then taking her vehicle and setting it on fire. She could have even run into someone that she knew or had had classes with at college while she was at the store. Wonder if there were cameras at the store? She must have planned on coming right back as she left her precious dog at home. Wish something would break in this case...darn it.

concernedperson said:
Any updates on Lori? It has been awhile since we have heard anything.

No, nothing. I check the paper every day. :( I will post something if there is any more news. Thanks for checking, CP.

concernedperson said:
Any updates on Lori? It has been awhile since we have heard anything.

This is from July 20th:

http://www.wtvm.com/Global/story.asp?S=5178776&nav=8fap

Captain Tom Stofer with the Auburn Police Division says the investigation is still ongoing. "Daily we get a new bit of information. We are moving forward, but we haven't come to a stand still in the case and that is the good part."

New leads come in everyday, but Stofer is reluctact to share to many details because he don't want to jeopardize the case.

Detective recently went back and collected more evidence from Slesinski's car. But police are still waiting on the crime lab to release more information.

Prayers to Lori's family and I hope that LE finds out something soon. Maybe they will find out something when the tests come back from the lab. I just can't imagine being in her parent's shoes and not know anything. It is really horrible. May whoever made the decision to end Lori's life be caught and spend the rest of their life in prison.

(BUMP)

What's the latest? It has been a while without hearing any new info.

Curious J said:
(BUMP)

What's the latest? It has been a while without hearing any new info.

There is nothing new. It has totally disppeared from the news here. Very, very sad. :(

englishleigh said:
There is nothing new. It has totally disppeared from the news here. Very, very sad. :(
Any idea about the local LE's experience in this sort of case? Most small college towns have little of this type of crime. It is sad that they are not keeping her name and face in the public eye; they don't appear to be using the media to their advantage.

Auburn police are investigating new leads, but say they are no closer to locating Auburn University graduate Lori Ann Slesinski, whose burned-out car was located in June.

The 24-year-old woman last spoke to her mother, Arlene Slesinski, on June 10. The next day the missing woman's blue 2005 Mazda Tribute was found on fire on DeKalb Street off Opelika Road around 4:41 a.m.

Auburn Police Division Chief Frank deGraffenried said investigators are checking out a few new leads, but they are no closer to finding Slesinski.

http://www.al.com/newsflash/regional/index.ssf?/base/news-24/1158516544176400.xml&storylist=alabamanews

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Missing woman a cold case
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Few clues in Slesinski disappearance[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]One year ago today, Arlene Slesinski contacted the Auburn Police Division to report that she hadn’t heard from her daughter Lori Ann Slesinski in three days.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]To date, Lori still hasn’t been seen or heard from by family or friends.

[/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]She was last seen June 10, 2006, in Auburn and was reported missing June 13. But her vehicle, a blue 2005 Mazda Tribute that Slesinski had just purchased, was discovered June 14, 2006, engulfed in flames in the roadway on DeKalb Street off Opelika Road in Auburn.

[/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"That’s a crucial time period and we feel like there is someone who knows her whereabouts," Register said. "We do feel like there are possibly people who have more knowledge than they’ve shared with us and what we would do is urge those persons or person to come forward.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Missing woman a cold case
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Few clues in Slesinski disappearance[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]One year ago today, Arlene Slesinski contacted the Auburn Police Division to report that she hadn’t heard from her daughter Lori Ann Slesinski in three days.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]To date, Lori still hasn’t been seen or heard from by family or friends.

[/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]She was last seen June 10, 2006, in Auburn and was reported missing June 13. But her vehicle, a blue 2005 Mazda Tribute that Slesinski had just purchased, was discovered June 14, 2006, engulfed in flames in the roadway on DeKalb Street off Opelika Road in Auburn.

[/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"That’s a crucial time period and we feel like there is someone who knows her whereabouts," Register said. "We do feel like there are possibly people who have more knowledge than they’ve shared with us and what we would do is urge those persons or person to come forward.[/FONT]

I was thinking about this case recently and wondered if there would ever be an update. There is a case in Atlanta right now about a women who was a abducted and her car was found burned. The general consensus is that there were some drug connections. Does anyone know if Lori was involved with/used drugs? This method of disposing of evidence seems to be the preferred among the aforementioned group.

I was thinking about this case recently and wondered if there would ever be an update. There is a case in Atlanta right now about a women who was a abducted and her car was found burned. The general consensus is that there were some drug connections. Does anyone know if Lori was involved with/used drugs? This method of disposing of evidence seems to be the preferred among the aforementioned group.

I was just thinking about Lori the other day too. I thought we would have heard if she had been found. From what I remember Lori worked with troubled people but didn't have an active social life and was a lonely person. I remember that she had a dog that was her baby and it had been left at home which was unusual. It seems that she had told her mother that she was going to run to the store and back that night. From what I remember I don't think this girl was involved with drugs. I remember reading something that she had written and she just seemed to be a stay at home girl with her dog her life. I do remember her talking about being so lonely. I always wondered if the wrong person didn't read that on the net and contact her. I know she said that she liked to go on long walks. I wonder if anything was found on her computer? Maybe she met someone at the grocery store and he talked her into going somewhere with him and it ended badly. I wish for her family's sake that she would be found.

http://www.oanow.com/servlet/Satell...icle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173352837923&path=!news

September 21, 2007

For the second year in a row, Arlene Slesinski doesn’t get to watch her daughter open gifts or celebrate her birthday.

Lori Ann Slesinski, who last had contact with her mother on June 10, 2006, turns 26 today.

Arlene Slesinksi said her daughter, who was 24 years old when she disappeared, was big on birthdays.

"They’ve just always been an important thing to her ... some people think that the older you get the less important they are, but she celebrated hers even when she was getting older."

much more at link

Thanks for the link I was thinking of Lori today and wondering if there was any news at all. This is such a sad case for her mom as well as others. The perp never realizes the amount of pain a family goes through looking for their children.

I can tell you from the destruction of her new vehicle, they were hiding murder evidence and fingerprints. It sounds like a jealousy (of her new vehicle, yes) murder, this person wanted her vehicle for some reason or another, and whoever did this to her has never had one of their own! They saw she was young, lonely, vulnerable and alone. And they seized the opportunity. An opportunity to kill her and take her car.

Remember, you read it here first. The perpetrator had an accomplice; unless they ran off on foot, which I doubt. Not in that particular area.

My prayers to the mother

Hmmmmmmmmm. And here I am to say "I TOLD YOU SO." It seems as though this theory is beginning to look more and more like the actual events that occured. Now, this is just pure speculation, however. :/

Hmmmmmmmmm. And here I am to say "I TOLD YOU SO." It seems as though this theory is beginning to look more and more like the actual events that occured. Now, this is just pure speculation, however. :/

I am confused. Has something happened today that brings you to post the "I TOLD YOU SO" comment?

I tried looking for information and cannot find anything.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer
Back