Melissa Huckaby, Suspect- thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda makes me wonder who was behind slashing the tires, etc. I also read somewhere along the line about a rash of thefts in that MHP. I wouldn't be shocked to learn that Melissa was behind that as well.
I thought about that, too. She mentioned the vandalism and thefts in the mhp during her media blitz yesterday. ;) We also know she was a thief by her prior arrests.

Just heard the news,im glad and i hope Sandra gets the justice she deserves. I wanted to say thank you to all of you for the information and great sleuthing you have done on this case. You guys are awesome!

So bizarre, isn't it. xox
It is bizarre. Sadly bizarre. :(

Why didn't someone see this for woman for what she was before this happened? Why didn't someone protect Sandra from her?

I am starting to get really angry about the circumstances surrounding Sandra's freeroaming lifestyle which fed into this horrific crime. Not calling LE for 4 hours upsets me very much and I don't understand it. I will never understand it.

she denied where she went to school!
She flatly denied she had a criminal record, despite court papers showing she was due in court for sentencing after pleading no contest to a felony burglary/robbery and a misdemeanor petty theft. She also denied having graduated from West High School in 1998, despite school district records that say she did.
hmmm so what is her school history???

Huckaby’s grandparents run a church down the street from the park, where Huckaby said she had taught Sunday school for six months
she says she has worked at the church for 6 months

She blatantly lied to the few reporters she talked to Friday, he said earlier. That’s what led to the extra scrutiny.

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/full_story?article--Disbelief-%20=&page_label=home&id=2303626--Disbelief-&widget=push&instance=home_news_lead_story&open=&

I had a thought today as I was out with my children. The FBI says that this is statistically a sort of aberration from the norm.

Bear with me while I share this idea with you, the FBI and other LE compile their statistics from cases where the suspect is apprehended for those numbers.

Could it be that this is not as uncommon as originally thought and could it be that many cold cases that have baffled LE for years and years could have been solved if they had taken into consideration that a woman could have been involved?

I see a lot of our cultural bias towards females starting to unravel in the last decade or so, women are being arrested for more violent crimes. (think gang affliation, for that one).

I am left to wonder if women haven't been all along committing crimes of this nature and other violent crimes but because of our bias they are not looked at as suspects.

Just some thoughts I had today, only an opinion I am still forming.

Today I had a thought... what if she had been doing somthing "bad" to Sandra and thought she was about to tell?

It is bizarre. Sadly bizarre. :(

Why didn't someone see this for woman for what she was before this happened? Why didn't someone protect Sandra from her?

I am starting to get really angry about the circumstances surrounding Sandra's freeroaming lifestyle which fed into this horrific crime. Not calling LE for 4 hours upsets me very much and I don't understand it. I will never understand it.

ITA with you SS, and thanks for that post.

It escaped me understanding it before I even knew there was a history of the probable abuse of Sandra by Melissa last year.

I haven't posted that yet although it has always been a workin' in my mind. The family are victims and we at WS are always so careful about respecting them. But it might be time now to recognize the fact that Dear Grandpa might have been the main caregiver in Sandra's life.

I think the family is moving out of the MHP relatively soon. As sad as this situation is for them, I hope they have learned some tools so their other children will be safe wherever they go. xox

Another thought, while we wait for the autopsy results that will tell us how Sandra was murdered and if she was sexually assaulted or not.

As to motive, she could have been obsessed with Sandra, or could she have been obsessed with someone else in that family? Just to bounce an idea~ when you hate somone or you want to punish them you take something that is theirs and destroy it. Many men do this to their significant others by slaying their children together.

Just a thought...I have no clue as to the relationship between Sandra's family and this family.

2358 Ogden
Tracy CA

was what I found? the 4 family garage sale and all the pics of house, car there????

I have no idea. I'm just saying that the story, where they say they are interviewing him at his home in Lathrop, includes video of him in a mobile home park. He tells them he has been bothered all day and can't sleep, and goes back into mh # 867.

I had a thought today as I was out with my children. The FBI says that this is statistically a sort of aberration from the norm.

Bear with me while I share this idea with you, the FBI and other LE compile their statistics from cases where the suspect is apprehended for those numbers.

Could it be that this is not as uncommon as originally thought and could it be that many cold cases that have baffled LE for years and years could have been solved if they had taken into consideration that a woman could have been involved?

I see a lot of our cultural bias towards females starting to unravel in the last decade or so, women are being arrested for more violent crimes. (think gang affliation, for that one).

I am left to wonder if women haven't been all along committing crimes of this nature and other violent crimes but because of our bias they are not looked at as suspects.

Just some thoughts I had today, only an opinion I am still forming.

Hi Kat, A very interesting thought, for sure, and one I have heard little discussion about.

It would be interesting to get the thoughts of Clint Van Zant, Candice DeLong or Pat Brown on the topic. I wish they belonged here but don't think they do, although they might lurk.

It makes allot of sense to me, especially when considering how women have hormonal changes that often affect their mental health. I think in general men are not as susceptible to mood swings, or however one would describe it. xox

Respectfully, I don't know if anyone has seen the clip I posted in the F Wil thread where he is asked about the investigation, this man lives in a mobile home park in Lathrop, not the large house with the boat that has been speculated about in precious posts.
You are dead on accurate! Thanks!

Attachments

• Fred_Williams_Lathrop.jpg
    Fred_Williams_Lathrop.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 62
Another thought, while we wait for the autopsy results that will tell us how Sandra was murdered and if she was sexually assaulted or not.

As to motive, she could have been obsessed with Sandra, or could she have been obsessed with someone else in that family? Just to bounce an idea~ when you hate somone or you want to punish them you take something that is theirs and destroy it. Many men do this to their significant others by slaying their children together.

Just a thought...I have no clue as to the relationship between Sandra's family and this family.

Today I had a thought... what if she had been doing somthing "bad" to Sandra and thought she was about to tell?

Hi Nurse, I've been thinking about that too.

If this happened to Sandra last year where she was drugged, she has a history with Melissa that might have had her on guard. What if Melissa was about to give Sandra the pills and Sandra wanted nothing to do with it and started fighting back and then was forced to swallow the pills?

We have a window from about 4:30 till 8pm. I think that is a short window but don't think she was killed at Melissa's house. Instead I think she was driven out to the church right away. It was where Sandra was expecting to go I think, as she had mentioned a bible class to her Grandpa.

We first heard from the Sgt that the shed was an active crime scene. I think she was killed in that little bldg. At least where she was stuffed into the bag. If SSandra had been drugged it would make sense she got nauseated and threw up. That could have been a red flag to investigators.

It definitely will be interesting to see what she googles, Web sites visited, and has saved in her favorites, etc. I'm sure if she owns a computer LE has confiscated it.

http://www.whptv.com/news/national/...-on-suicide-watch/GAQTm3dBnUutm6PlXNl_Cg.cspx

Suspect in girl's death on suicide watch

Last Update: 6:19 pm

TRACY, Calif. (AP) - Police say a woman suspected in the death of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu is on suicide watch at a California jail.

Sunday school teacher Melissa Huckaby was arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and killing the Tracy child, whose body was found in a suitcase dumped in an irrigation pond.

Police say she is refusing to see visitors. Huckaby was arrested yesterday about five hours after she drove to a police station to talk to authorities. Police say she went from back and forth from being "calm, cool and collected" to "very emotional." Authorities say they don't know what the motive is in the girl's death. Officials say Sandra was friends with Huckaby's daughter.

Police still aren't saying whether they believe the killing was accidental or deliberate.

It definitely will be interesting to see what she googles, Web sites visited, and has saved in her favorites, etc. I'm sure if she owns a computer LE has confiscated it.

ITA At this point I think Pat Brown was wrong about this being a serial killer. But I do think it well could be Melissa was on her way to being a serial sexual perpitrator. I am so thankful she is :behindbar

ETA: Corrected name ;}

Hi Nurse, I've been thinking about that too.

If this happened to Sandra last year where she was drugged, she has a history with Melissa that might have had her on guard. What if Melissa was about to give Sandra the pills and Sandra wanted nothing to do with it and started fighting back and then was forced to swallow the pills?

We have a window from about 4:30 till 8pm. I think that is a short window but don't think she was killed at Melissa's house. Instead I think she was driven out to the church right away. It was where Sandra was expecting to go I think, as she had mentioned a bible class to her Grandpa.

We first heard from the Sgt that the shed was an active crime scene. I think she was killed in that little bldg. At least where she was stuffed into the bag. If SSandra had been drugged it would make sense she got nauseated and threw up. That could have been a red flag to investigators.
If MH had a history of forcing drugs into Sandra, why on earth would Sandra willingly get anywhere near MH and especially be playing with her daughter? From what I've read so far, Sandra's family seem to be shocked it was MH who allegedly killed Sandra, and the Sgt. said earlier that Sandra and MH daughter would play together all the time. :confused:

Wow just wow! I just caught up now. That's what I get for sleeping all day yesterday. This is crazy weird, but maybe sweet Sandra wasn't sexually assaulted and that can be some kind of silver lining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288