MO MO - Sharon Hurley, 24, St Louis, 24 Feb 1981

Were all of the injuries reported caused prior to death? Thank you.

< mod snip >. So East St Louis is overseen by the St Clair County Sheriff's department. The current sheriff has been sheriff since the 80's, maybe he might remember your mothers case.

Were all of the injuries reported caused prior to death? Thank you.

Yes it is believed fall didn't kill her Strangulation is cause of death I have 19 pages and some words I dont get so ......

"Cause of death: Strangulation
Blunt trama to head and body

Which occurred as a result of being thrown off the poplar street bridge at route 3 southbound exit at approximately 8:12 pm on Feb. 24 1981"

Where do I find a rape kit if any like whats the words lol

Look for anything that says trace evidence, vaginal swab, oral swab, finger nail scrapings or clippings, foreign hair/fibers, pubic combing etc...

I'm here, just in and out all day doing online research. Sorry it took so long to answer. :)

J4S, is someone helping you scan and post the autopsy report? If not, if you can fax it to me I can scan the pages and post here. Are we going private?

J4S, is someone helping you scan and post the autopsy report? If not, if you can fax it to me I can scan the pages and post here. Are we going private?

Yes we may need to idk I have been reaching out to moderators on what to do no reply yet thats why im leery and i need to get a scanner or ....

"Marked swelling and contusion of left labia majus and left labia minor."

labia ma·jo·ra (m-jôr)
pl.n.
The two outer rounded folds of adipose tissue that lie on either side of the vaginal opening and that form the external lateral boundaries of the vulva.
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/labia+majora
========================
labia mi·no·ra (m-nôr)
pl.n.
The two thin inner folds of skin within the vestibule of the vagina enclosed within the cleft of the labia majora.
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/labia+minora
========================
con·tu·sion (kn-tzhn)
n.
An injury in which the skin is not broken, often characterized by ruptured blood vessels and discolorations; a bruise.
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/contusion
==========

labia ma·jo·ra (m-jôr)
pl.n.
The two outer rounded folds of adipose tissue that lie on either side of the vaginal opening and that form the external lateral boundaries of the vulva.
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/labia+majora

labia mi·no·ra (m-nôr)
pl.n.
The two thin inner folds of skin within the vestibule of the vagina enclosed within the cleft of the labia majora.
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/labia+minora
==========

In english lol

Anyone can start a thread downstairs for private discussion among members about this case. I would suggest the area of The Jury Room IMHO. I would also put a warning graphic header on the thread as well. Just to give members a heads up we will be discussing findings of a coroner's report.

We discuss search warrants, autopsy reports and coroner's reports on other threads. Is there a particular reason why a mod needs to okay this on this thread? Just curious :)

But since this is an unsolved crime and it is a crime that is directly related to a member here perhaps it is best discussed downstairs, especially since members already posting on thread are a bit reticent to post freely. JMHO.

It looks like we are going to be discussing some very intimate details about a members Mother. Makes sense to me to take it downstairs :)

Anyone can start a thread downstairs for private discussion among members about this case. I would suggest the area of The Jury Room IMHO. I would also put a warning graphic header on the thread as well. Just to give members a heads up we will be discussing findings of a coroner's report.

We discuss search warrants, autopsy reports and coroner's reports on other threads. Is there a particular reason why a mod needs to okay this on this thread? Just curious :)

But since this is an unsolved crime and it is a crime that is directly related to a member here perhaps it is best discussed downstairs, especially since members already posting on thread are a bit reticent to post freely. JMHO.

It looks like we are going to be discussing some very intimate details about a members Mother. Makes sense to me to take it downstairs :)

CAn you help me with link to start it .....

Waaaayyy off topic:

I love it when people are so good with words, I envy them in fact.
One member here, Believe09, has such a way with words that it has a calming effect.
I have always admired that poster for that.

Kat, you and others in this thread have that gift too.

Me? I tend to be brass tax facts and it often comes off snarky.
I don't mean for it to come out that way, but it does and I am aware of it.
Always multi-tasking, always in a rush, as few words as possible like writing law briefs.

I also envy the people that always know just the right thing to say when someone is grieving etc... I always think that whatever I say is the wrong thing...and often go back and delete my posts.

I've often considered taking some kind of course to help me learn to hedge my words better. My worst part of English classes in College was the descriptive writing using adjectives, flowery descriptions, etc... lol. It just always read as "sooo fake" when I went back and re-read what I wrote. I did have all "A's" though! :) I just rarely take the time to use that knowledge when writing on forums and tend to now revert to texting slang even. I hated it when all of that first came out and now I use it??? lolol

Anyway, kudos to you Kat. Kudos. Truly.

CAn you help me with link to start it .....

Yes J4S I will start one in the Parking Lot since that area has other threads for other cases here.

I'll link back here for others. Give me a couple of mins :)

attachment.php

She looks about 17 in the photo. Is that a high school dance or prom?
I have not read much in this thread after the initial posting.
But it was my impression she was killed by someone she knew.
Someone that followed her to the new state. Found where she was living.

Is this theory dead in the water as far as you know?

attachment.php

She looks about 17 in the photo. Is that a high school dance or prom?
I have not read much in this thread after the initial posting.
But it was my impression she was killed by someone she knew.
Someone that followed her to the new state. Found where she was living.

Is this theory dead in the water as far as you know?

thats been the theory.... Still waiting on word from Detective and that pic she is believed to be 19 family members wedding :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back