TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts rarely turn to notorious cabals and the perverse secrets of small towns, but they do run that way this morning - that someone up the line does not want Holly found, someone above and beyond the original kidnapper. There's always been something distinctly "Twin Peaks"-ish about this case, a feeling of events being controlled from the depths of very dark shadows.

My thoughts rarely turn to notorious cabals and the perverse secrets of small towns, but they do run that way this morning - that someone up the line does not want Holly found, someone above and beyond the original kidnapper. There's always been something distinctly "Twin Peaks"-ish about this case, something controlling events from the midst of very dark shadows.

I am in awe of your way of summing up what I have tried to define for all these months!

Twin Peaks-ish. It's perfect.

I am in awe of your way of summing up what I have tried to define for all these months!

Twin Peaks-ish. It's perfect.
Thank you. It was either develop a post like that, or turn to my usual excoriation of Tennessee LE, and I didn't want to do that on this case's first anniversary. LE's hands may be tied by someone above them as well.

My first interest in this case was that Holly, looks-wise, could be a sister of one of my favorite former students, real lookalikes. E., my student, has great depth and intelligence and imagination in addition to those blonde good looks; it's a pity that, in this case, we really never have met the real Holly - we've just been given a few platitudes and commonplaces about her. We never really have known the young woman, just the media image. It's almost as if she's been deliberately de-personalized; wrapped in plastic.

I find it odd that her boyfriend, brother, cousin and other close friends haven't really spoken about her. Seems unusual to me.

I really, really, really, believe this could be one or more local fellas who are being protected by family members....in a good ol' boy kinda community. Could they be smart enough to pull it off....or simply lucky? Don't know.

Holly...remembering you on this 1 year anniversary of your disappearance.

Dear Holly,
We here at Websleuths will never stop searching for answers,justice and to bring you home. I am so sorry,that it's taking so long ,but wheither it be today or it is another 365 days from now ....those of us who feel the void of your absence will never forget or give up hope. :rose:

I never, in a million years, thought that we would still be wondering what happened to Holly 1 year later!

I find it odd that her boyfriend, brother, cousin and other close friends haven't really spoken about her. Seems unusual to me.

I really, really, really, believe this could be one or more local fellas who are being protected by family members....in a good ol' boy kinda community. Could they be smart enough to pull it off....or simply lucky? Don't know.

I'm trying to find a reference and preferably an accompanying photograph
of the elusive Drew Scott having attended any of the anniversary events.

I've read that Natalie, her cousin was a no show at the vigil.

hmmm.

I remember some from the beginning, the fb pages of a few, not that I'd be a fountain of info though. Isn't there a thread downstairs to post?

Interesting that there have been missions to Mexico and Central America where fliers have been delivered. Thinking of the sex-slave industry, I guess. I wonder if there are leads about such, or if they're just covering all their bases.

BBM

That exact thought has crossed my mind more than once regarding Holly.

I still can not imagine IF the family had ANY idea who did this, they would play dumb and act like they had no clue and go on handing out fliers, having prayer vigils, etc. Just don't buy the idea there is some local cover up. Not after a year. And the community does still seem to be behind the family, too. You just can't tell me that if anyone in a tight knight community had any real evidence that one of their own did this, that it would not have come out by now.

I still can not imagine IF the family had ANY idea who did this, they would play dumb and act like they had no clue and go on handing out fliers, having prayer vigils, etc. Just don't buy the idea there is some local cover up. Not after a year. And the community does still seem to be behind the family, too. You just can't tell me that if anyone in a tight knight community had any real evidence that one of their own did this, that it would not have come out by now.

Good points!

The boyfriend is certainly a mystery to me! The description of their close relationship doesn't match the silence from him this last year. I know that maybe he doesn't want any publicity or there could be any number of reasons we haven't heard from him, but I still find it unusual. JMO.

Me neither but that's why they say life is stranger than fiction.
In several of the cases I follow, it seems the people close to the situation don't respond the way we think they should. It does seem unfair to judge (by the Grace of God go I) but then again, it's hard not to judge behavior when trying to uncover clues to what may have happened. It's especially puzzling when their stories change over time.

The boyfriend is certainly a mystery to me! The description of their close relationship doesn't match the silence from him this last year. I know that maybe he doesn't want any publicity or there could be any number of reasons we haven't heard from him, but I still find it unusual. JMO.

Well, if the story is as it has been told, what is he going to say? He wasn't there. He didn't see any of the stuff that Clint did. It's not like the family in general has made many public statements, especially in the initial days, weeks and months. Aside from just making some sort of emotional plea he can't really say anything.

Well, if the story is as it has been told, what is he going to say? He wasn't there. He didn't see any of the stuff that Clint did. It's not like the family in general has made many public statements, especially in the initial days, weeks and months. Aside from just making some sort of emotional plea he can't really say anything.

Well Clint did allegedly witness the case, and he hasn't said anything on the one year anniversary either. It was left up to Karen Bobo who also wasn't there, for that matter.
Drew Scott, from all I have gleaned wasn't even there for these recent events. Sometimes action or inaction speak louder than words.

Even if Drew never said a word to the media, I can think of no good reason to be a basic no-show for a full year.
Can you?
I have read the comments by locals who said they were broken up at the time.
We can call them rumors, or think where there's smoke there's fire since he has quite literally not been in the picture, at all.

I'd like to know why his family never made comments on his behalf.
He was mentioned in this case several times on the day of the abduction by Holly's family and portrayed in the media using his photo with Clint's name as the caption for the entire year. Cranky's STILL has a photo labelled this way.

Not once have I seen the media say they requested an interview or a comment but he refused to comment.
It's more like they never bother to ask.
I find under the circumstances that to be very peculiar.

I want to add that I found there to be a distinct lack of support in general by locals for the one year anniversary events.

It was held in a very small venue. Her home church.
The people who showed up were some of her family members, the church members and some strangers who have been following the case.

Somewhere slightly over one hundred people turned out.
Which I would have thought very small considering the amount of media this case has received.
Also, the areas concerned. Parsons, Darden and Scotts Hill areas alone where quite a few thousands of people live. And most of the surrounding counties they encompass.

Why weren't there very many friends and neighbors for this event?
Considering the many hundreds who turned out for searches.

The largest group were the motorcycle riders who turn out to ALL similar type charity events.

This is another instance where actions and inactions speak louder than words.

I am afraid I must disagree on this issue. A tight knit community has many quirks. And people cover for their own all the time. If the cops know the parents, then their kids can get stopped with crack on them and never face arrest. People will defend their own over anything, large or small. Teachers in small communities face this quite often. If they contact the parents over an infraction, the parents go off the deep end defending their child.

Example: In our tight knit community, we have numerous public and church preschools. In one particular preschool, the teacher of the 4 year old class would hand out suckers to students that had followed rules and listened during the 4 hour class time. She gave the suckers to the students as their parents picked them up at the door. This teacher has almost 40 years of teaching experience, so she has found the suckers are a big motivator for young ones. One parent was outraged that his child did not get a sucker. The child had been having lots of behavior problems in preschool, but the parents refused to discipline him. The father pitched such a fit that he even called the supervisor to complain. He insisted that the other children not be given suckers. The supervisor said this was the teacher's method of positive reinforcement and was allowed. The father was so irate, he began to bring his own big suckers to school and give them to the boy in front of the teacher and other children. Isn't that nuts? Do you think the preschooler improved his behavior?

This is one example among many! Yes, some families will stick their necks out to protect their kids from severe consequences and to shield their family name. Most young people who have been brought up knowing this have a powerful sense of entitlement. They feel they can get away.....with murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member