OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as a press conference tonight... I have had the live feed up since 7:30pm Oregon time.... nothing but traffic cameras. I had hoped for maybe a 9pm one, thinking because of the debriefing at 6pm they might be delayed. But I have not seen anything yet. I am not sure what time the local news is there... obviously not 9pm, so I guess 10pm.

There is a new article: http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...nt-Of-Missing-Boy/Dz4uMChK60KCWjy3W5FG4Q.cspx

I also agree that it seems as if they are treating this as a case in which they do not need much help for an endangered missing child. It reminds me of a case in which they already knew the outcome and they were just awaiting confirmation... I don't think that they believe there is a threat or abductor out there that took this child, so they are not worried about the other children. I also don't think they believe he wandered away since they have scaled back that search. All of that concerns me. :(

From this article

The second-grader and his step-mom were at the school early Friday. She took him around the school to look at the various science fair projects. That step-mom says that at about 8:45 a.m. she left and saw Kyron apparently walking toward his classroom. Specifically, Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton says he was last seen at the school's south entrance.

So he left his second floor classroom for what reason??????

Guess I'm wondering what anyone expects him to do once he finds out - worry is about it! He's away having a good time for the weekend with his dad - honest, I would not take the time to upset him, especially since there are so few answers. moo mho and all that stuff!

Yep and if he (Kyron) were found before brother comes home, brother doesn't have to experience the worst of it! Although it is not looking like that will happen.

There are car accidents all over Portland right now... isn't it just rainy??? :waitasec:

News starting in a few minutes...

A new tweet says that LE isn't prepared to call it a kidnapping and that Kyron is an "endangered missing child".

He more or less said this at the news conference today. IMO

http://twitter.com/KATUMeghan

Multnomah County sheriff Dan Staton said Kyron was last seen by a fellow student near his classroom by the south entrance of the school in the late morning hours of Friday.Kyron and his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, attended a school science fair that morning and she watched him walk to his classroom at about 8:45 a.m, deputies said.
http://www.kptv.com/news/23811673/detail.html

"Just in" from where? Did they release a statement? Mini press conference?? What?

One of the fox 12 news anchors twitter (along with other stations news anchors here) just tweeted that Multnomah County Sheriff's says Kyron Horman case is being considered a missing endangered child.

http://twitter.com/AndrewPadula

What does that mean? I've seen that designation before but I don't understand the difference between it and just plain "missing." Is it less ominous than "kidnapped"?

From this article

The second-grader and his step-mom were at the school early Friday. She took him around the school to look at the various science fair projects. That step-mom says that at about 8:45 a.m. she left and saw Kyron apparently walking toward his classroom. Specifically, Multnomah County Sheriff Dan Staton says he was last seen at the school's south entrance.

So he left his second floor classroom for what reason??????

That is just more information that has not been shared....was the library open for kids before school to read or check out books, or the gym for games, or the computer room, or were there cookies and punch being served in the cafeteria for the guests at the event, were there kids outside on the playground waiting for the bell to ring.....any of these things could be the normal types of activities going on during various events at my kids schools.

jmoo

The news just said that Terri's facebook page "mentions a family pet that is also missing young Kyron." LOL Apparently they also think that cats can get hugs and read books on his bed! Oh my... (his little sister's nickname is Kitty..)

Multnomah County sheriff Dan Staton said Kyron was last seen by a fellow student near his classroom by the south entrance of the school in the late morning hours of Friday.Kyron and his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, attended a school science fair that morning and she watched him walk to his classroom at about 8:45 a.m, deputies said.
http://www.kptv.com/news/23811673/detail.html

Is his classroom on the second floor or isn't it?

Later in the morning-does that seem like 8:45?

How old could the reporting student be? Although I have to say that children notice a lot. And as one poster said, the child's reprot could be confirmed by a corresponding event. The child was out of the room for a reason, such as the bathroom

But once again, if it was later in the morning and he was by his classroom, what was he up to?

"Just in" from where? Did they release a statement? Mini press conference?? What?

That is just what they say on this news channel, "just in" when they want you to know there is new or updated news.

I hear them say it so much I guess I'm used to it =)

What does that mean? I've seen that designation before but I don't understand the difference between it and just plain "missing." Is it less ominous than "kidnapped"?

Endangered Missing

• A minor (under the age of 18) missing who does not qualify as an Endangered Runaway, a Family Abduction, or a Non-Family Abduction, OR an adult (age 18 or over) who has a medical condition, and/or who is missing under circumstances that indicate that he or she may be in danger.

http://www.charleyproject.org/terms.html

abduction means they know someone took him.

missing endangered means that he is not where he should be they dont know where he is at or who may be involved, but because of the mystery surrounding him not being where he should he is endangered, unable to care for him self.

Missing means that they just dont know where the person is but there is nothing that points to anything foul, usually in adults they just use missing.

Is his classroom on the second floor or isn't it?

Later in the morning-does that seem like 8:45?

How old could the reporting student be? Although I have to say that children notice a lot. And as one poster said, the child's reprot could be confirmed by a corresponding event. The child was out of the room for a reason, such as the bathroom

But once again, if it was later in the morning and he was by his classroom, what was he up to?

I have never seen that his classroom was on the second floor.

I have never seen that his classroom was on the second floor.

There's a link to a news story with that information earlier in the thread.

ETA Here's the link and quote:
Gates would not comment on statements by a family member and others that Kyron's backpack and coat were found in his second-floor classroom.

Publicly sharing that kind of detail taints an investigation, Gates said, declining to answer other specific questions. http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/i...rtland_bo.html

I see that search and rescue teams were helping to look for Kyron, but I don't see any tracking dogs in the photos. I hope they will bring in the dogs if they haven't done this activity. A neighbor's child ran away and everyone looked for 4 hours. Finally a tracking dog was brought in and the dog found the missing child within 5 minutes. She was hiding in the foot area of another neighbor's van. She was under two floor mats.

Still no trace of Kyron Horman as police, FBI conclude third day of search

The investigation into the disappearance of Kyron Horman, the bespectacled 7-year-old last seen inside Skyline School on Friday morning, stretches into a fourth day today with the boy's whereabouts still a mystery.

Sunday, as Kyron's family ordered fliers carrying the boy's description and smiling face, authorities continued investigating his disappearance, calling in more than 65 detectives from various police agencies and nearly 60 trained searchers.

"Our basic mission is to bring Kyron home," said Lt. Mary Lindstrand, a spokeswoman for the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office.

Late Sunday, Multnomah County Sheriff Daniel Staton issued a status report and raised the case level to increase public interest and focus. He said additional searches and interviews are planned, but he declined to discuss strategy or specifics of the investigation.

“Given the passage of time and the weather, we are characterizing this case as a missing endangered child,” he said.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

During police interviews Sunday, a student said he last saw Kyron later that morning near the south entrance to the school. That was the last time the boy was seen, Staton said.

At some point that morning, Kyron's teacher, Kristina Porter, marked the boy as absent. But it wasn't until 3:30 p.m. -- when his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, met the school bus -- that she discovered Kyron had been absent from school.

Nora Schreiber, a Skyline parent and volunteer, said the school has three main entrances and one secure exit. Two of the doorways are near the main office and are monitored, while a third on the north side of the school is not. Kyron's classroom is adjacent to that door, which opens onto a rear parking lot.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/still_no_trace_of_kyron_horman.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie