Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #5 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I allowed to post links to other articles of crimes committed for discussion on this case as reference or is that not allowed?

I don't know the answer to your question but...

:welcome4: BeginnersLuck!

On a normal week day, would Sierra or her mother arrive home first?
I only ask because of the school books.

On a normal week day, would Sierra or her mother arrive home first?
I only ask because of the school books.

what happened with the school books?

dewey - I can't get rid of your song in my head for a few days now lol:) at least it is a nice song.

what happened with the school books?

dewey - I can't get rid of your song in my head for a few days now lol:) at least it is a nice song.

It was stated earlier her books were also found in the bag / purse IIRC. With that said, if she planned to skip school and be home before her mother as usual (if that's the case) then why would she take her books with her?

I don't know the answer to your question but...

:welcome4: BeginnersLuck!

Thank you for the nice welcome! I found WS during the Aliahna Lemmon case. I was doing my own investigation and then found WS and realized I should have been working with all of you instead of doing things on my own. By the time I found WS it was to late so I just lurked around. I was trying to find a link in Aliahnas case with a cold case we have here.

I am going to save the articles for now. I'm doing some research on similiar cases such as Sierras to see if I can find any links. From the beginning I questioned whether a farm worker, or more than one could be involved in her abduction. I found all the buildings in the photos with mattresses and such scattered around eerie and then I think there was one in a field. I wonder if some stay there in the area at times. I also am curious if any of them have left recently or any new ones have started working. I've found articles on similiar incidents.

I've been following the Sierra Lamar case from day 1. I've been trying to post here for a few days now and was finally just able to get an account on here! Thank you Chico!! :)

So I'm quite young but I really feel connected to this case. I'm about 20 minutes away from where Sierra lives and I have mutual friends with Sierra so I of course immediately connected with her. My heart is broken for Sierra.. truly. She is such a beautiful girl and unfortunately the exact type of person a perp would want to get. Young, beautiful, TINY (easy to just take without much of a fight).

Anyways, I NEVER bought the runaway theory. I just never did. I don't think that the bag and the phone would have been left on the side of the road like that. If someone wants to run away they want everything gone... they wouldn't leave their possessions in an open area especially right near their own home. Even if Sierra planned to runaway for a short time there is NO WAY that she would have left her phone. That phone was connected to that girl.

I think that she was taken from her driveway and that it was definitely someone she casually knew or it happened so fast she literally had no time to react to the situation. I see Sierra as being a trusting person not in the sense that she would just get into a stranger's car but that she would probably be polite if she were approached by someone looking for a light, directions, etc. I think that the perp obviously knew her schedule... her home is at the very end of the cul de sac there's no way that someone would just randomly go down that street and target her house, which is pretty secluded.

I think the phone and bag were dropped on the way out of the area and I don't really think that the clothes being neatly folded in the bag are an indicator of who the perp is. Girls bring an extra pair of clothes all the time! Sorry gentlemen on the board.. gonna go girl talk here... perhaps it was that time of the month and she brought an extra pair of jeans/underwear just in case? She might have brought the shirt because it would have been more comfortable and would have gone with the jeans she brought as an extra pair? She was quite fashionable and I could see her matching just a basic shirt with the jeans. It would also explain why there was no make-up, hairbrush, or any other personal items that you'd take for a short trip. I don't think the perp came back and dropped the bag and phone off afterwards. That phone was the first thing thrown from the car and the perp was very smart for doing so. Next, was the bag. I think the perp just wanted all of Sierra's belongings out of their car. The less amount of time they were with him the better. I one hundred percent think they are local and that they are following the case. Would NOT surprise me if they attended the vigils or the searches.

I could DEFINITELY see the perp being in the driveway with a car in tow if they were a co-worker or acquaintance of the boyfriend. Sierra could have walked out, have seen them before and not be alarmed. The person could have said some BS story about meeting the boyfriend before work or something and offered Sierra a ride to the bus stop. Honestly, anything could have happened. The one thing that's for certain is that if the dogs were accurate and she didn't make it past the driveway I just don't see a random perp taking that big of a chance going down the cul de sac. Then again some perps are just insanely lucky in terms of witnesses.

Just my two cents.

Sierra, I'm praying every day for you and we will NOT stop looking for you until you are found.

I've been following the Sierra Lamar case from day 1. I've been trying to post here for a few days now and was finally just able to get an account on here! Thank you Chico!! :)

So I'm quite young but I really feel connected to this case. I'm about 20 minutes away from where Sierra lives and I have mutual friends with Sierra so I of course immediately connected with her. My heart is broken for Sierra.. truly. She is such a beautiful girl and unfortunately the exact type of person a perp would want to get. Young, beautiful, TINY (easy to just take without much of a fight).

Anyways, I NEVER bought the runaway theory. I just never did. I don't think that the bag and the phone would have been left on the side of the road like that. If someone wants to run away they want everything gone... they wouldn't leave their possessions in an open area especially right near their own home. Even if Sierra planned to runaway for a short time there is NO WAY that she would have left her phone. That phone was connected to that girl.

I think that she was taken from her driveway and that it was definitely someone she casually knew or it happened so fast she literally had no time to react to the situation. I see Sierra as being a trusting person not in the sense that she would just get into a stranger's car but that she would probably be polite if she were approached by someone looking for a light, directions, etc. I think that the perp obviously knew her schedule... her home is at the very end of the cul de sac there's no way that someone would just randomly go down that street and target her house, which is pretty secluded.

I think the phone and bag were dropped on the way out of the area and I don't really think that the clothes being neatly folded in the bag are an indicator of who the perp is. Girls bring an extra pair of clothes all the time! Sorry gentlemen on the board.. gonna go girl talk here... perhaps it was that time of the month and she brought an extra pair of jeans/underwear just in case? She might have brought the shirt because it would have been more comfortable and would have gone with the jeans she brought as an extra pair? She was quite fashionable and I could see her matching just a basic shirt with the jeans. You just truly never know. I don't think the perp came back and dropped the bag and phone off afterwards. I one hundred percent think they are local and that they are following the case. Would NOT surprise me if they attended the vigils or the searches.

I could DEFINITELY see the perp being in the driveway with a car in tow if they were a co-worker of the boyfriend. Sierra could have walked out, have seen them before and not be alarmed. The person could have said some BS story about meeting the boyfriend before work or something and offered Sierra ride to the bus stop. Honestly, anything could have happened. The one thing that's for certain is that if the dogs were accurate and she didn't make it past the driveway I just don't see a random perp taking that big of a chance going down the cul de sac. Then again some perps are just insanely lucky in terms of witnesses.

Just my two cents.

Sierra, I'm praying every day for you and we will NOT stop looking for you until you are found.

Thank you SO much for this. This is fantastic insight :tyou:

:wagon:

Forgive me, mods, for I am sinning. I don't have a link for it but I seem to recall that LE said that the last text from her phone at 7:11 am came from inside her house.

Snipped and bolded by me (natch!)

I remember that comment too, and it struck me as odd.

How would they know she was inside her house unless she texted something like "I'm in my bedroom"? It just seems an odd thing to know, yanno?

Snipped and bolded by me (natch!)

I remember that comment too, and it struck me as odd.

How would they know she was inside her house unless she texted something like "I'm in my bedroom"? It just seems an odd thing to know, yanno?

IIRC, she had an iPhone. I think it is equipped with GPS. LE would be able to figure out within a couple of feet from where the text originated, I believe.

I have seen people confusing tweets with texts when discussing the case. The last tweet was sent via the web, she was on a computer, not a phone. so I think this is what was referred to as done inside the house.

I'm sorry to read about what happened to your daughter. It makes no sense to me at all, and is maddening, that a 60 year sentence can be reduced so severely and I can totally see where you are coming from with the effect this could have on your daughter. But I don't think you are saying that she could turn this anger towards a man's family member, another young girl, to get revenge in such a catastrophic way.

And also while any abuse of a child is abhorrent and should not happen, if the incident that resulted in the charges was limited to unwanted and unlawful touching one time which a child was able to report immediately - he had not so undermined her ability to get help with threats or other methods to keep silent, there wasn't other dynamics at play that enabled the abuse to go unchecked. I assume the emotional fallout would be proportional. I think I read her father was "visited" immediately by family members, that's the kind of retaliation that seems reasonably motivated, versus the kidnap and potential murder of a 15 year old girl.

I agree with you. But my daughter is now 20, so while she is legally an adult, she has a long way to go to maturity. Her friends are the same age... an age where people make stupid choices and among whom I can imagine the "you hurt a child, so I will hurt you the worst way I can by hurting your child" mentality coming into play. They think life is like a movie. It would be more likely that the victim's boyfriend, cousin, or brother would do something of this sort than a father or uncle, who have more maturity.

I DO NOT THINK THIS HAPPENED TO SIERRA. I just think it is on the farthest reaches of the realm of possibility. I do not think any member of Sierra's family is to blame for this in any way, shape, or form. MOO.

I thought your post raised some good questions... most families have some kind of contingency plan if a child misses the bus...also, I wondered if she would have accepted a ride from a neighbor, if it was raining ?

IMO the worst part of this walk to her bus stop would have been the early morning darkness of the winter months, and the fact that there were apparently no other kids around her age going to that bus stop. Didn't seem safe,but JMO...

When I worked an hour from home, my contingency plan was to call the house and cell phones repeatedly to get her out the door on time. She missed ONCE and I made her walk, since she could walk in less time than it would take me to get home. If it was raining, she wore a hoodie. There was no way to deal with an umbrella at school. If it was in your locker, everything else got wet. If it was with you, you got wet AND looked like a dork carrying an umbrella all day. No win. Or is that "epic fail"?

From what I read in a prior thread, it was not actually dark anymore when she left for the bus, although it had only been daylight for about 10-15 minutes.

I think the phone and bag were dropped on the way out of the area and I don't really think that the clothes being neatly folded in the bag are an indicator of who the perp is. Girls bring an extra pair of clothes all the time! Sorry gentlemen on the board.. gonna go girl talk here... perhaps it was that time of the month and she brought an extra pair of jeans/underwear just in case? She might have brought the shirt because it would have been more comfortable and would have gone with the jeans she brought as an extra pair? She was quite fashionable and I could see her matching just a basic shirt with the jeans. It would also explain why there was no make-up, hairbrush, or any other personal items that you'd take for a short trip. I don't think the perp came back and dropped the bag and phone off afterwards. That phone was the first thing thrown from the car and the perp was very smart for doing so. Next, was the bag. I think the perp just wanted all of Sierra's belongings out of their car. The less amount of time they were with him the better. I one hundred percent think they are local and that they are following the case. Would NOT surprise me if they attended the vigils or the searches.

I could DEFINITELY see the perp being in the driveway with a car in tow if they were a co-worker or acquaintance of the boyfriend. Sierra could have walked out, have seen them before and not be alarmed. The person could have said some BS story about meeting the boyfriend before work or something and offered Sierra a ride to the bus stop. Honestly, anything could have happened. The one thing that's for certain is that if the dogs were accurate and she didn't make it past the driveway I just don't see a random perp taking that big of a chance going down the cul de sac. Then again some perps are just insanely lucky in terms of witnesses.

Just my two cents.

Thanks, Lovebug, for a great first post!
It is refreshing to get additional local/insider information!
And..Welcome!
:welcome::welcome4::welcome4::welcome4::welcome4::welcome:

It was stated earlier her books were also found in the bag / purse IIRC. With that said, if she planned to skip school and be home before her mother as usual (if that's the case) then why would she take her books with her?

BINGO!

Great catch!

She knew about her Facebook but I highly doubt she knew or knows what the content of the tweets concerned . Or worse the tumbler account.

I am on Facebook. I have a twitter account but do not use it as I did not have a smartphone when I set it up and just never started with it. I have a 20 year old daughter who keeps me up to speed on music, fashion, LOLCATZ and TMI about her personal life, but I have never even heard of tumbler. What is it, how does it work, and what did Sierra have posted that was so scandalous!?!?

Sierra having her books with her does not rule out getting into a car with a friend who showed up unexpectedly, or someone else she knew. I am not totally convinced that she was not abducted by a person or group of people known to her from one school or the other, either fellow-students or recent students. But I admit I could be basing that possibility of the image of her life as presented by her on her various accounts...JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member