Weekend Discussion thread 04/21-24/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the undercover cops, MR said he had an oxycontin habit of 5 pills of 80mg each.

He would be paying 200 a day just for oxycontin plus the cost of percs.

If true, he was spending $7000 a month on drugs............

He doesn't strike me as a guy who has $7000 a month in extra cash.

Either he was dealing to pay for his habit, he found an unethical doctor who prescribed oxycontin to addicts, or he was exaggerating his drug use.

At that level of drug use...........he would barely be able to function.

JMO..........

[bbm]

or all three IMO

As far as I know she was not classified a dangerous offender so it very much was a benefit to her, she will be 44 if she does the full 25 years.

do you think she will get anything thrown at her when she goes to court on the 26th for that little scuff in jail... also after what she testified last month about the injuries she gave to that little child I hope they amend her record and classify her a dangerous offender...may she never see the light of day again...JMO

As far as I know she was not classified a dangerous offender so it very much was a benefit to her, she will be 44 if she does the full 25 years.

You believe she wasn't classified as a dangerous offender because she confessed? From my understanding that can be done at anytime, she may still yet. JMO

most parents I know that pick up their kids from a school close to me, even if the school has spaces for parking will go around the corner and park because if you are in a line up you usually have to wait your turn in order to drive out..there are always those slow kids that keep parents waiting and blocking others so rather than wait (and most parents are usually in a rush) you park around the corner or away from the school...also from my days of picking up kids at school the school yard doesn't usually empty within a couple of minutes..there are always kids hanging around either waiting for pickup or talking with friends...that leads me to believe in the short time period that TS left school and was picked up by TLM there had to be other parents and kids around...no time to try and talk a strange kid into coming with her which led me to believe at the start that TLM was not a stranger to TS....JMO that is why I think that MR dropped TLM off while he went and filled up and probably told her that he would park at the seniors home/care home just in case TS, the child she told him she had to pick up and babysit was tardy....JMO

According to Derstine, there were 326 students at the school that day. This is not your average sized public school. It is a very small school with a very small population. And judging by the number of school buses that were parked there on the google maps, and the number of parent vehicles, there is no chaos in picking up the few students who are not transported by bus IMO. It is also quite easy to park to the side of the very long driveway, which is there for that purpose, and then pull up and around the circle to leave. No long lines. Why would you make a child walk practically halfway home before picking them up? Makes absolutely no sense.

MOO

You believe she wasn't classified as a dangerous offender because she confessed? From my understanding that can be done at anytime, she may still yet. JMO

I believe the crown has six months to amend

The Crown prosecutor has six months after conviction to initiate the DO hearing. The Crown must show the offender is a serious threat to the safety of others. This usually means establishing a history of violent crime, and indifference by the offender as to the consequences of past behaviour. Related behaviour can be considered, but in practice there usually must be a history of extremely violent, brutal behaviour. The majority (85 per cent) of DOs have been convicted of a sexual assault crime.
http://www.trickey.ca/trick's_law_12/3(5)_sentencing.doc

It is a small school by let's say big city school standards, with not a large number of students and people do stop and drops on the road there regularly... There really are no parking police at that school. I think it also would be safe to assume that being such a small school where the parents and students and teachers know one another, people would definitely notice if something was out of the ordinary, which is why he didn't stop and wait but rather go to the smaller lot shaded from view.

It is a small school by let's say big city school standards, with not a large number of students and people do stop and drops on the road there regularly... There really are no parking police at that school. I think it also would be safe to assume that being such a small school where the parents and students and teachers know one another, people would definitely notice if something was out of the ordinary.

people didn't on April 8th when VS was lead away by TLM....

According to Derstine, there were 326 students at the school that day. This is not your average sized public school. It is a very small school with a very small population. And judging by the number of school buses that were parked there on the google maps, and the number of parent vehicles, there is no chaos in picking up the few students who are not transported by bus IMO. It is also quite easy to park to the side of the very long driveway, which is there for that purpose, and then pull up and around the circle to leave. No long lines. Why would you make a child walk practically halfway home before picking them up? Makes absolutely no sense.

MOO

small school population just like many in my area...therefore small parking lots...JMO and I would imagine a lot of those kids either were picked up by parents or walked home (if they were older) on their own...kids can only use a school bus if they live *advertiser censored* ## of miles from school...I am sure that rule applies to most places in Ontario.....as a rule is a rule.... just saying.......JMO

small school population just like many in my area...therefore small parking lots...JMO and I would imagine a lot of those kids either were picked up by parents or walked home (if they were older) on their own...kids can only use a school bus if they live *advertiser censored* ## of miles from school...I am sure that rule applies to most places in Ontario.....as a rule is a rule.... just saying.......JMO

1.6 km, reduced from the prior 2.0 km

Did you look at the pictures I posted on the previous page of what it looks like at dismissal time?

Very easy...probably the most easy layout for picking up students at a school that I've ever seen.

MOO

Because she wasn't pushed into the back seat of that funky painted car right in front of the school.

Has there been any testimony as to where exactly TLM was standing when she met up with Victoria?

MOO

Other than the one lady they walked by, who said she did not recognize TLM. Most wouldn't be alarmed by an 18 year old girl walking with an 8 year old girl. However they may be alarmed had someone seen TS get into MR car....

I'm surprised no one has picked up on why there also may be a lot more activity Than normal around the school at the time the google car was gathering photos for street view.

Other than the one lady they walked by, who said she did not recognize TLM. Most wouldn't be alarmed by an 18 year old girl walking with an 8 year old girl. However they may be alarmed had someone seen TS get into MR car....

the length of time that it took LE to arrest her on related charges tells me that she did not recognize who TLM was.

The way I see it TLM was seen on video kidnapping VS and she believed that she just failed the lie detector test, that may i add investigators testified interviewing MR for information to use in that test ... The one and only way out of a 1st degree murder charge was to play the naive girl intimidated by her lover and implicate MR. She was first charged as an accessory, so it almost worked. It wasn't until MR was arrested and her interview with detective Smyth approx ten days later that her charges were upgraded to first degree murder. So I do not believe for one moment that she confessed because it was the right thing to do.*

Side note: TLM testified *“I said that I would take the fall for everything, that I would say it was all me. He had more to lose than I did. He had a life, a job, things going for him and I had nothing.”. *Now how could she if MR raped VS ... TLM could not take the fall for that...so I doubt that statement would have gave him any comfort ... But it would have made her look like the vulnerable naive girl she was trying to portray.*

It was my impression that when TLM first confessed, she didn't mention a sexual assault. The sexual assault charge wasn't laid until a year later. It sounds to me like she first denied everything, then admitted some involvement, then said MR committed the murder, then added the sexual assault story around the time she plead guilty, then, in January, said that she committed the murder.

JMO

the length of time that it took LE to arrest her on related charges tells me that she did not recognize who TLM was.

Hmmmm 4 days?? That's not too long at all. I wonder how many other people were brought in on outstanding arrest warrants for "minor" charges in the four days after the biggest police activity in the history of Woodstock?

I'm surprised no one has picked up on why there also may be a lot more activity Than normal around the school at the time the google car was gathering photos for street view.

Yes it didn't escape me. That was within a month or so after Victoria went missing. And there probably would have been even more parents picking up their children out of fear. And yet still there appeared to be very little traffic.

MOO

Did you look at the pictures I posted on the previous page of what it looks like at dismissal time?

Very easy...probably the most easy layout for picking up students at a school that I've ever seen.

MOO

actually I don't bother with pictures...I am familiar with areas around school having done the school run for many years...I know what a scene looks like and I also know as I previously stated why parents try and avoid a crowded parking lot and move further along...maybe the next place to park was also full of those parents that won't park at the school so that is why MR moved on to the home area...funny though one would think he would have been worried about camera's at that home because I would think they would have them considering all the drugs that they would have in there... Just saying... JMO also most area's around a school have a very slow speed and at least where I live there is usually a cop in the area to enforce that speed limit...just saying......

It was my impression that when TLM first confessed, she didn't mention a sexual assault. The sexual assault charge wasn't laid until a year later. It sounds to me like she first denied everything, then admitted some involvement, then said MR committed the murder, then added the sexual assault story around the time she plead guilty, then, in January, said that she committed the murder.

JMO

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20120321/testimony-resumes-rafferty-trial-120321/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth