Dateline with Josh Powell 12-9-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now dateline is talking about the topaz mountain search and that cadaver dogs got a hit, this area is only 40 miles from where josh says he went camping the night Susan disappeared one of the searchers says that the dogs got a hit on human decomposion and human remains, but there was nothing but charred pieces of wood, LE did have them analyzed but they will not says what the results are...but if you ask josh Powell where to look for Susan he says for a woman who is struggling, Someone who wants to come back who is having s difficult time understanding how to I the face of all the media and in the face of all the lies her parents have told, building her up to be one thing that he is not, Susan is a good person, she is not a prefect person ae is a good person, ans josh and stephen both says that she is alive and in hiding and that was the stalemate the Powells and LE were having until LE searched the home of stephen Powell they took 7 computers a lot of files and equipment out of the house and once the started looking at it a pattern started to emerge of photos of children at parks and they were not normal pictures they were close ups of certain body parts..in other words child *advertiser censored* and it was material that someone has filmed himself and that some LE said is Stephen Powell they have files dated all the way back to 2007 the evidence shows that he has taken inappropriate photos of kids he has labeled them and kept them in his computer and he has been charged with it he was charged with 14 counts of voyurisim and 1 count of possession of 1 count of child *advertiser censored*..a felony...2 of the victims were to neighbor girls ages 7 and 9, secretly filmed thru a window as they were bathing but there was another face in his *advertiser censored* his daughter-in-law Susan and it is obvious to LE that the photos of susan was without her consent..that mutual attraction that Stephen Powell takes about is all fantasy according to LE. And now the dominos fell once Stephen was arrested the state of Washington took custody of Josh's 2 boys and now the coxes have the boys, it was also said during the hearing about the boys at even though josh has not Veblen charged yet he to is being investigated about the child *advertiser censored* and may faces charges in the future. And now the coxes feel that he more things come out that LE may be getting closer to the truth...the show closes with josh claiming that he would never hurt Susan...(well letting his father say all those ugly things about her is hurt so I don't believe a thing he said in this interview..can't wait till they are both in cuffs).

Your welcome to those who thanked me..sorry it took so long I was trying to cook something to eat and my dogs were driving me nuts, so it took me longer than I wanted it to...and there was 1 whole page that did not post, must be in cyber land..

Kimmer did a good job on the summary.

Josh said that he would never hurt Susan. It is possible to kill someone without hurting them, technically. You can give them something to knock them out and then smother them, or just a poison that works painlessly. So, in some depraved minds, it is possible to kill someone without hurting them. I wish the interviewer had asked if he killed her without hurting her.

Oh yes... I was almost screaming at the TV.
He said he never hurt her... he never said "I did not kill my wife."

I wish they had said "You didn't HURT your wife, but did you KILL your wife?"

I found it ironic... we had the same yearly event tonight that we did the night Susan went missing.
Much better weather though, no snow... just cold... but just ironic with this interview on tonight of all nights.

Wait...are you saying he went to pick her up after work on Monday? How would she have gotten to work if she didn't drive? This is new info for me.

I'm not able to watch tv tonight. Was this on one of the shows?

IMO

I think she would have gotten a ride with a friend... wasn't that mentioned at some point?

I watched the whole show. Did anyone else find Josh's behavior eerily controlled? I mean in my opinion, he was trying very hard to avoid signs of lying and to remain calm. I was really freaked out to be honest. I have even considered that maybe he didn't do this and I tried to watch the show with an open mind but I just couldn't shake the feeling that he is sociopathic.

JP gives me the creeps. And so does his dad. I just hope that their is justice very soon in this case!

I watched the whole show. Did anyone else find Josh's behavior eerily controlled? I mean in my opinion, he was trying very hard to avoid signs of lying and to remain calm. I was really freaked out to be honest. I have even considered that maybe he didn't do this and I tried to watch the show with an open mind but I just couldn't shake the feeling that he is sociopathic.

Yes I also found his behavior even weirder if that is possible, I could not help think that when josh the interviewer mentioned that Stephen and the kids were down the hall and then we see JP with the phone up to his ear during an interview none the less, that daddy must have been calling him with furthur instructions on what to say, I wold really like to know how many phone calls he took during this interview.

One thing that I kept coming back to and wondering about during Josh's sit down with Macawitz had more to do with not what he was saying, but his appearance.... The very first thing I noticed when Josh entered the room to sit down for the interview was, what did he have under his eyes??? It looks like he put vaseline or something oily, which would no doubt be an irritant....under, around, and up to his eyelids! I wanted to just reach through the tv and wipe it off...what was it??? Another example of manipulation, control? It did make him look sad, and maybe a little weepy too, if it wasn't so darn obvious to me...IMO... That it was just one more way of him manipulating, controlling, and thinking he was out smarting everyone else.... oh...boo hoo me, I love my wife! .....right

Yes I also found his behavior even weirder if that is possible, I could not help think that when josh the interviewer mentioned that Stephen and the kids were down the hall and then we see JP with the phone up to his ear during an interview none the less, that daddy must have been calling him with furthur instructions on what to say, I wold really like to know how many phone calls he took during this interview.

When was this interview done? About 'kids down the hall', pervy granpa is in jail and why would he waste his 3 hour visitation talking to Josh Mankiewicz unless he wanted to look like 'good daddy'.

There is still the 600 pound steaming pile of **** in the room; pervy is in jail for voyeurism/child *advertiser censored*, josh took Susan's sons to his house, where alleged occurences took place, and there is still the potential of more child *advertiser censored* charges for 'others'.

IMO, Josh looks very wimpy to me. Anybody else? Oh, and he's the spittin' image of his father. I'm not saying he didn't kill Susan. I'm just saying he looks very wimpy.

When he said he didn't 'hurt' Susan, why oh why did the interviewer not say "That's not what I asked you, I asked did you kill her."? That's the approach I take when I think one of my teens is lying to me, and it usually works.

PS That hangdog look just makes me want to smack him, too.

When he said he didn't 'hurt' Susan, why oh why did the interviewer not say "That's not what I asked you, I asked did you kill her."? That's the approach I take when I think one of my teens is lying to me, and it usually works.

PS That hangdog look just makes me want to smack him, too.

Doesn't it seem as if whenever a POI or suspect responds that they would "never hurt the victim" it means they did kill the victim? It's so weird.

I wish I'd seen the interview...maybe it's online or they'll rerun it.

My impression, after watching the program, is that Josh is really talking about himself (not Susan) when he describes a disturbed childhood. I suspect that he always knew what his father was like. Hearing that the father had the family sleeping in the dining room, where they hung sheets for privacy, I have to wonder why. The house seems to be big enough for Josh and the two boys - presumably they're not sleeping in the dining room, so why wasn't it big enough when Susan was staying there? Was Josh abused as a child? Where the children delivered by Josh to his father because of some strange relationship and *advertiser censored*? Where is Josh's mother?

My impression, after watching the program, is that Josh is really talking about himself (not Susan) when he describes a disturbed childhood. I suspect that he always knew what his father was like. Hearing that the father had the family sleeping in the dining room, where they hung sheets for privacy, I have to wonder why. The house seems to be big enough for Josh and the two boys - presumably they're not sleeping in the dining room, so why wasn't it big enough when Susan was staying there? Was Josh abused as a child? Where the children delivered by Josh to his father because of some strange relationship and *advertiser censored*? Where is Josh's mother?

BBM. That's sort of what I thought when he was asked where to look for Susan and the reporter said he described a state of mind. He said something about her wanting to come back but not knowing how, in the middle of all the media brouhaha and the lies that the Coxes were saying about her, and said that she's not a perfect person, she's a good person.

JMO but it didn't really make sense. I don't see where the Coxes ever said anything about her that would make her not come back. (I wouldn't come back after what JP and SP said though... except to get the kids.)

But substitute Josh for Susan and it makes sense. He wants this to go away, to go back to when things were better but obviously he does not know how (since she is gone) and he wants people (including himself?) to think that the things that the Coxes have said about HIM are lies and that HE is a good person, even if not perfect (cause I'm sure he had a good reason for doing what he did, in his own mind).

Hearing that the father had the family sleeping in the dining room, where they hung sheets for privacy, I have to wonder why. The house seems to be big enough for Josh and the two boys - presumably they're not sleeping in the dining room, so why wasn't it big enough when Susan was staying there?

When they first married, Steven lived in a different, smaller home.

I also watched this interview, and noticed how calm Josh was. His eyes were dead. However, when they talked about Josh meeting Susan, and their dates, he showed more emotion than I've ever seen him show.

I know every situation is unique, but I can't help but think he's way too calm and collected to be talking about his missing wife - even from the beginning. While we don't know for certain that Susan is dead - his reaction doesn't match it. My uncle killed himself this year, and he was in his 50's. My grandparents, even 5 months later, still can't look at his picture. And then you have Josh who can not only do these things with zero emotion, but he can degrade her without a second thought.

While I have thought there was definitely something wrong upstairs since the beginning, last night, it actually disturbed me. Nearly totally void of emotion.

But, I do feel an arrest is imminent, and we're watching is mental breakdown. Reading his most recent court filing was like reading the diary of a madman. I do agree with others - when he talks about Susan's childhood, he's really talking about his.

Doesn't it seem as if whenever a POI or suspect responds that they would "never hurt the victim" it means they did kill the victim? It's so weird.

I wish I'd seen the interview...maybe it's online or they'll rerun it.

This too, is something that stands out to me, like it seems to for many of us here (at least I know I'm not the only one).

Josh says "I would never hurt Susan". I just wanted to scream at the tv, "That's not what he asked, he asked if you KILLED her!" I wish the interviewer would have said that also. I mean, in his mind, does he think that he didn't hurt her? I just don't get it. Like someone said upthread, is it because he gave her something that made her "go to sleep", and she never woke up, so to him, that means he didn't "hurt" her?

Of course, that scenario contradicts what I think, which is that he gave her something poisonous in the pancakes he made for her. The reason for the wet carpet I think, is that before she died she vomited, and Josh cleaned it up. I know many others believe this also.

And boy, he is just CREEPY. At least to me anyways. And also comes across as "wimpy" to me. That's one reason I think he poisoned her as opposed to physically assaulting her. JMO

One more thing about the "Susan is a good person" comment: he sounds like he's arguing with someone who thinks the opposite... but has anybody ever said that Susan is not a good person, besides himself and his daddy?

When was this interview done? About 'kids down the hall', pervy granpa is in jail and why would he waste his 3 hour visitation talking to Josh Mankiewicz unless he wanted to look like 'good daddy'.

There is still the 600 pound steaming pile of **** in the room; pervy is in jail for voyeurism/child *advertiser censored*, josh took Susan's sons to his house, where alleged occurences took place, and there is still the potential of more child *advertiser censored* charges for 'others'.

This interview was done right before the search warrant on Stephens house, it was toward the end of the interview that they showed Stephen being arrested and josh losing he boys...I know there were things I missed as I was trying to transcribe so I would suggest that you watch it online it is listed above...they give me the creeps and I am so happy he boys are no longer there.

Another thought that I have is I can't help but think as others have mentioned about what Josh's childhood must have been like, with that said as a parent you either learn your parenting skills from your parents or you learn how not to parent from your parents, well I would bet money hat josh was starting to do things to the boys that susan was not about to let happen was it at that point that josh with his fathers insistence decided that Susan had to be killed so that in their minds the boys could be raised the right way according to there
sick ways....and that would also explain why it really chaps there *advertiser censored* that the cox's now
have the control to raise the boys, that would also explain why the keep saying that Susan
had a bad childhood...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member