Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe there are any. I can't picture any out at Mount Crosby but is there one near the new Fire Station intersection - Pullenvale Road?

Maybe that big brick house with gates near Grandview Road bus stop? Looks like it might have security camera type setup (clutching at straws).

I still firmly believe one individual was responsible for Allison's murder, most likely from an unexpected or accidental escalation of an initial fight/attack. They have probably then panicked, and had a limited window of time to dispose of her body, maybe just trying to do this before daylight.

If she was attacked in the Brookfield area, there are only 4 ways to leave Brookfield which aren't densely populated - and Moggill / Mt Crosby Road is one of those. Having chosen to head that direction, driving along Mt Crosby the area where Allison has been found is one of the first very sparsely populated sections - if you were in a hurry this would be a potential first place to get off the road and try to hide her body.

Sighting of vehicles that moved between where Allison was last seen and where she was found is going to be key - I believe there is not a chance on earth she walked there or did herself harm.

On the depression angle, she was looking after herself, taking regular walks for exercise, maintaining a healthy and busy schedule with her children - not the signs of anyone having major problems with the black dog.

---

On a separate note, I don't understand the situation when she was reported missing. It appears now reliably reported (maybe, info on news channels haven't been too accurate throughout) her husband was the last person to see her, watching TV, at 10pm, before he went to bed. This tallies with people questionong how he could sleep if she was missing - according to the current info he didn't know she had gone missing.

So, when he awoke, Allison was gone, and the information so far indicates he assumed she had gone for her regular morning walk. When she 'failed to return' he called police. If I understand correctly, she would be due to arrive home at around 7am. So why would her being only 30 mins late be seen as important enough to call police at 7.30 am? Would it not be more likely she had stopped for a chat? Or be walking slower than usual, or left a bit late? To me, calling police is the ultimate escalation of an issue, and having gone to that extent - posters, driving the neighbourhood etc would be the next thing to do. There was apparently calls or text messages to friends and parents - but when? After reporting her missing on Fri morning or before ? Because again seems weird to worry people around 7am if Allison is due home any minute? The texts and calls most likely didn't happen after 0730 as the police were onsite interviewing / impounding cars / declaring crime scene.

Perhaps the whole thing makes sense if more is known about what other information was given to police as to why the husband would be so concerned so early in the day.

Just a couple of thoughts after reading the last few pages of posts since I was last here.

Is the sim confirmed as being from her phone? It may be a total coincidence and just a sim someone threw out from an old phone, and nothing to do with the Baden-Clay case at all.

As for the Baden-Clay sister, my impression of her expressions and reaction was someone quite scared, trying to support her brother but possibly deep down worrying that he might have been involved. I don't think she would know anything or have anything to do with it. I feel for her - what would you do if you thought your brother may have been responsible, it would be pretty hard to bring it up and would eat away at you. Or, you would go into denial and just focus on helping out at home and caring for the kids, and pray for everyone to leave you all alone.

Maybe that big brick house with gates near Grandview Road bus stop? Looks like it might have security camera type setup (clutching at straws).

Oh yeah I know the one. Perhaps. I was wondering if CSIRO would have anything?

Some very good points Keyboredom. Giving GBC the benefit of the doubt to some extent, as you say if he last saw her watching TV that night, and they were in separate rooms, it would be quite normal to go to bed to sleep, then wake up the next morning and not worry if she wasnt there - if it coincided with her normal morning walk. So that covers him if you believe this aspect. But as you say if she still hadnt returned half an hour later than usual, it would seem a bit early to call police. She could have stopped to chat to people along the way - plenty of people have early morning walks.

This does make me think it happened differently, otherwise why would he have reported it when he did? Makes me think he already knew something was wrong because it had happened the previous night - caused by him. Or possibly another explanation but i dont know what. So far any alternative ideas dont really add up and seem to have more flaws in them.

The police obviously know much, much more and observing and listening to their comments and implications, what they say and what they dont say, is going to be the most helpful.

Hi - long time lurker, first time poster :)

This is a really sad case and I hope that justice for Allison comes quickly. Those poor children :( so tragic for them especially.

I have another theory that I thought I would bring to light, in addition to Thinking's theory. I wonder if GBC's parents are involved somehow? Maybe they have more to do with her disappearance and death than they are letting on....and that pash on tv was a coverup (yuck!).

Perhaps, as Thinking said, they were both seeing other people - his affair and she had met someone to comfort her due to GBC's infidelity? Not sure how plausable this is though.... Maybe that night Allison and GBC have a fight (their relationship couldn't be perfect, thats for sure), he goes to his room, fuming and she had gone out to meet her "friend" to get comfort. GBC calls his parents to vent and they are cross. Perhaps GBC's parents disliked Allison and resented the situation (probably without fully understanding it) and went to "talk" to her... they don't live that far away and they could be angry/enraged. Maybe they hit her with their car accidentally...and then panicked?

Perhaps my theory is ridiculously far fetched and I have been watching too many crime shows on tv hahah. or maybe they are more involved than we are thinking. Even without the theory of Allison having a special someone on the side, they could still be involved...?

Feel free to shoot holes in my idea! ha!

Maybe when he was calling people frantically, it wasnt out of concern......He just wanted her home to take over the kids, so he could leave for work......Still doesn't warrant the police call (as you lovelies state). Things that come into play with this thought, is the time he normally leaves for work. Lets say, he is the only one with a key to the office, he may have been upset that she hadn't come home......he needed to leave to open the office for the employees.................god knows.

Do any of the locals posting in this forum know of any traffic monitoring cameras or CCTV located between the Baden-Clay house and the location of the body at Kholo Creek? (e.g. Mogill Road, Mt Crosby Road, Rafting Ground Road)

RSL Fairview retirement village on Moggill Rd has security cameras, but they are angled at their driveway. May still have better I was using Google Streetview to check all the major buildings. That stretch of road (Moggile) is well lit at night, so all cars could be id'd providing resolution is good.

Didn't see any on CSIRO, but that doesn't mean they dont have any.

Couldn't see anything obvious on the shops along Mt Crosby Rd

SomTum....Im not about to shoot holes in anyones theories (including yours)......We are all just putting it out there......Anything is possible. This is just so bizarre, with what appears so many twists and turns. I cant wait to hear more from the police (I feel a bit guilty about feeling I want to know about this poor lady that has passed on). SOOOO Intriguing.

Maybe when he was calling people frantically, it wasnt out of concern......He just wanted her home to take over the kids, so he could leave for work......Still doesn't warrant the police call (as you lovelies state). Things that come into play with this thought, is the time he normally leaves for work. Lets say, he is the only one with a key to the office, he may have been upset that she hadn't come home......he needed to leave to open the office for the employees.................god knows.

Yes, understand, but why call the police, why not just call her and if she was alive as he (purportedly) innocently thought, then she would just answer her phone? I dont think youd call the police if you just thought your wife was being a bit tardy in getting back so you could go to work - if you actually thought everything else was fine.

Maybe we just dont know enough about it - we are trying to surmise in some areas where we have very little to go on.

Also, it hasn't been confirmed that they sleep in separate rooms (to my knowledge) - so as far as everyone knows, they could still be sharing a room and not be 'separated' as such... which would def make his story very strange.
I def agree with the calling the police straight away very odd...especially after such a short time.....
As my experience as working in real estate... the principals often came to the office later.... receptionists would usually open.... so not sure if he was in a rush to get to work that morning, unless of course he had a listing or house viewing etc.

Yes, understand, but why call the police, why not just call her and if she was alive as he (purportedly) innocently thought, then she would just answer her phone? I dont think youd call the police if you just thought your wife was being a bit tardy in getting back so you could go to work - if you actually thought everything else was fine.

Maybe we just dont know enough about it - we are trying to surmise in some areas where we have very little to go on.

Agree completely.....So many things that would have been considered normal morning routine, were thrown way out the window. I cant help but think his head wasnt screwed on right that morning and we all know why......because he knew his wife had met with foul play.

He was probably waiting and waiting for this time, all night while he wasnt sleeping after doing the deed.... and then thought as soon as the time came when she didn't come home (half an hour after 7 for example) he called...

God I hope we are wrong and its not him.

The front building is Aerospace Engineering so they may have something. Might not want to let people steal their ideas!

Just spoke to a friend and nope. Nothing facing the road.

For the sake of the 3 children, I hope the majority on this forum is wrong and GBC is not guilty. Losing 1 parent is bad enough.

I don't think any of the reports have mentioned what time he supposedly woke up & found her missing??, only that he reported her missing at 7.30

So sad about Allison. Lets hope that the police make a hasty arrest.

Can someone please post the link with the Baden-Clay parents kiss please, everyone keeps talking about it and somehow I missed it!

Someone said listen for what police say - one other thing that stood out :

http://www.news.com.au/national/bod...-enters-11th-day/story-e6frfkvr-1226342637603

Inspector's statement :
"Families of Allison Baden-Clay, including the husband's family and Allison's parents Mr and Mrs Dickie, have been advised,'' he said.

Referring to "the husband" sounds pretty impersonal in the circumstances, almost like a pointed lack of respect / acknowledgement. Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie