Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #17 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was really stupid (which is entirely possible) if he thought placing the purse there with her clothes folded inside would look like she ran away. Yeah, wouldn't she take the clothes with her? And, I never ran away from home, but if I was planning to, I would take a lot more than just one change of clothes. Sierra's mom left before she did and she was home alone, she could have easily packed a larger bag to take if that was the case.

I think either he placed the bag there to throw LE off or he made her get out of the car and remove her clothes and place the clothes in the bag herself as a way to humiliate and to gain control over her. My only issue with the latter though is that this would mean she would be naked in the car which would be risky to drive around with her like that unless he made her get in the trunk or lay in the back seat covered up.

LE retrieved from his trailer a blanket, pillow and his shoes, so Sierra could have been covered with the blanket after her clothes were removed. MOO

"...Sorry. I guess I should have had this first. I
think there's 43 missing juvenile females reported since
January of 2011 that have never returned home. It's --
it's -- you wonder if any of those actually were abductions
also...."

Terrifying thought. I wonder how many are actual runaways and how many are abductions ending in foul play. Very frightening. He could have been out there a whole year abducting every other week.

I think that's it, unless you find something else that should be brought over, I'll keep my hands to myself now I promise lol.

You are incredible. You really work hard on this case. Thanks. I find your posts very helpful to understanding what's going on!

You know, I'm surprised this guy doesn't have a Facebook.

He might. I have mine set so that no one can find me when they do a search of my name. My FB won't pop up of I'm searched.

From the last thread:

Whether the ACLU liked it or not, for a felony arrest in CA (not a conviction) DNA goes into Codis. Thank God, or the perp would not have been 100% identified.

I am going to repeat my statement from the last thread. I do not understand how they can charge someone with murder when they said they had no blood evidence and they dont have a body. My understanding is that in order to convict with out a body there has to be enough physical evidence such as an extensive amount of blood evidence that the victim could not have survived. Also where is the crime scene?

I mean seriously just a hypothetical what if he and Seirra where having a thing which would explain the DNA on her clothes maybe she was pregnant and he sent er to Mexico or something to hide her so he wouldnt go to jail for statatory rape and he threw out her clothes to miss lead police. In my mind that is just as likely as he murdered her. Seriously I hope they got more to go on than what we know. At least in CA case they had the cadavior dog hits. I have not heard anything that leads me to beleive that she was murdered at this point, just that she is missing and somehow he was with her on the day she went missing, and with that alone they will not get a conviction, I sure hope they have more than what they are saying.

I've been following this case since day 1 and my heart breaks for Sierra's family. Sadly, I always had a gut feeling this would be the outcome. The runaway theory never rang true to me and I know that Sierra was far too social to just drop off the face of the Earth without having any contact with her friends.

I think that a lot of members here were on point when they said the perp saw Sierra in terms of work... sounds like he saw her walking on his way to or from work or she came into the Safeway and she caught his eye. Sierra was stunningly beautiful. LE obviously has some solid proof if they are saying they believe Sierra to be dead without a body. There's gotta be some serious evidence or they would not be saying it so adamantly. I still believe they are holding a TON of evidence back in order to help with the investigation. They made a big point to say that the items left in her Juicy bag were things that Sierra needed including her medication. I don't think Sierra had a relationship with the suspect at all... I think maybe she had been approached by him and that could be what some of her tweets were about.

Looking at the footage of Antolin Garcia Torres sends a shiver down my spine... he comes off as so smug and almost amused by the attention. I'm calling it now... I don't think he will give up her location unless he works out a plea deal that takes the death penalty off the table. As far as motive... I'm pretty sure we all know what it was... especially if that was the clothing she was wearing that day. It ANGERS me that this man has a child and another on the way and STILL did what he did... took someone else's innocent child without a thought. It is something I can't and will never fathom.

My brother's murderers were charged with murder months before his body was found. I am not going to talk about specific evidence, but there are many ways to prove someone was murdered without having their actual body in evidence.

They are saying it adamantly because they are charging AGT with murder, and they are probably hoping he would give up some info or cop to some kind of deal if he said where she could be found. Can't really accuse someone of murder and not be adamant about it. They obviously have no blood, no body, no weapon, no crime scene...not a lot to go on. But, you can't charge someone with murder and not be adamant about it. A week ago they were saying they have no indication she is dead and they probably still have very little indication, unless there was some kind of decomp or cadaver hit on the car. Seems like that would've been found out way before last night.

They are saying it adamantly because they are charging AGT with murder, and they are probably hoping he would give up some info or cop to some kind of deal if he said where she could be found. Can't really accuse someone of murder and not be adamant about it. They obviously have no blood, no body, no weapon, no crime scene...not a lot to go on. But, you can't charge someone with murder and not be adamant about it. A week ago they were saying they have no indication she is dead and they probably still have very little indication, unless there was some kind of decomp or cadaver hit on the car. Seems like that would've been found out way before last night.

I think that LE has believed she is no longer with us for quite some time now. I don't think they let the public know that because they didn't want the suspect to panic and flee. Perhaps, adamant was not the right word... my mistake. But I don't think they believed Sierra was alive a week ago. I think they were putting out some "info" in order to further the investigation. They've had their eye on him from almost the beginning and they've had his car in their custody for a long time as well. They were holding off in the hopes of him leading them to her remains.

She is and was such a beautiful young woman who had so much ahead to look forward to in life.Where do these sick evil minded SOB's keep coming from who for their own sick pleasure take and kill these children. I have really am started to feel that we are in a losing battle with evil. I am usually on Le's side but too many of these sick b@stards commit lesser crimes (before they murder)run free until it becomes much to late for some.Heart feels like it is breaking even if it did seem like she would not be found alive.

LE has to do what they have to do. They cannot tell the public everything or they will lose the advantages they have. It is possible a week ago an important test had not come back, one which would make a valid case for murder. It's possible that they have some evidence from shoes, or possibly water/bacteria/insect life in the car that is only found in some water source in the area. It is also possible they just said what they had to say so that the case would not be compromised when it finally came to trial.

I mentioned on another case thread that in the area I live in, LE did a dog and pony show in one area while actually locating a second body in another area for a murder investigation. While the public was watching the big show, no one was bothering LE while they did the real legwork. Some people suspected that the two murders were related, but LE said NOTHING until the deal was worked out and the second body was found.

I agree that they would have found out before last night. There is a lot more we will someday find out.

I feel very sorry for the Lamar family right now- and I feel for the family of AGT- the sister clearly is shocked and upset and not coming to terms with it at all. I lost most of my sympathy for the wife after reading her fb comments. Bang out of order... Also FB makes reference to AGT supposed whereabouts on the morning SL went missing.

Well today is the day I get up like I have done every morning since sierra has been missing, and sit with my cup of coffee, and before I do anything else I type her name into google in the hope she has been found.

To find out they have made and arrest and she is likely deceased , well this is a very sad day and I send my love and support to her family.

I was holding out hope so much that she would be found alive and now after listening to the press conference, they must have more than enough evidence that she is deceased to charge him.

I hope he talks - but I doubt it. But saying that he was stupid enough to leave her bag with his DNA that was already on the police system and give another DNA sample. So lets all hope he was dumb enough to make some more mistakes.

I just really hope that the family get some closure on this soon and I am so sorry for them it has to be in this way.

As far as employment goes for AGT we have:

Safeway until 2010
Landscaping/tree trimming
Scraping metal (which would require him to drive around up and down streets before trash pick-up) Did he have access to a truck? I can't imagine him scraping metal in the car so I would look at abductions/attempts/assaults that may have involved a truck also.

I get the feeling he needed an alibi, not necessarily for his crimes as far as LE is concerned but to answer to his family.

Statements such as: he was always home, he wasn't out running around, when would he have time to do this, were made by the family to the media.

Maybe the family kept their thumb down on him and his only excuse to get out of the house was for work.

If these statements are true, I get the feeling that he acted quickly when he committed his crimes or if not, lied to the family about times when he was working. It would be interesting to see if he worked the days the attacks happened at Safeway, although it was odd that 2 of the attacks were at two different ones on the same day. Did he have to go to another store that day for some reason?

After he quit working at Safeway, his new choice of jobs gave him much more freedom to roam and possibly gave him access to different vehicles to commit his crimes.

On March 16th did he have much time to commit this crime and dispose of her body? Or, did he abduct her in the car, commit the crime, go home and then go back with a different vehicle to dispose of her body? Sierras DNA would be in the vehicle but there would be no indication she was dead at that time.

I don't know if anything I just said brings them any closer to finding Sierra but maybe they need to be looking for a different vehicle on the survelience tapes to lead them to her body.

A couple other things I want to mention.

I really doubt this guy had a lot of money to be driving all over the place all the time unless he was selling drugs. This would limit him some on where and when he comitted crimes.
I wouldn't rule out some of his assaults or attempts being robberies or stolen vehicles. I also wouldn't limit his victims to being within any certain age range.

I have a feeling the way he delt with his stress was to gain power over someone weaker. His stress could be due to many different factors but financial may be a big one. Did his crimes start after he became a father and husband? If his wife and or family were pressuring him about getting a job to support those babies was there a lot of arguing going on and since he couldn't take his anger out on his wife or family did he do so through other women?

When is trash day in Morgan Hill?

I am not caught up yet but...

Has anybody run a description of the car he is seen posing with on his MS as a descriptor in other attempted kidnappings/crimes during the years he may have owned that vehicle? Wanted posters etc...
The blue car? I think it is blue, may be black, idk.
I can't help but wonder why he got rid of that car and where it is now.
Maybe look as far back as 2008 as that is when the MS was last used iirc. (or 2007, whenever he got the car?)

I wish we could determine when he switched cars.

I have to work today but will check back this evening.
Have a great day all! :)

Prayers for the LaMar family and friends, specifically her friends who are having a hard time right now, WS members as well.

Later,
Dsn

So I've been going through Fbook starting with the posts from his wife yesterday and reading friends of friends of friends walls and there are a few interesting RUMORS...

First of all, I hope his wife and sister in law are somewhat smart enough to know that just saying they were with him at the time is not enough. They seem to think their word is gold. Also in a few places I've seen people talk about him driving around Sierra's house for 20 minutes that morning. If this is true, I guess he was stalking her.

I think it's so weird that FS was arrested in early March. If she got busted stealing from a Safeway, I'll fall off my chair. JMO IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82