UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info UtahMom.

About the window glass. From what I know, if the window was broken from the outside, the glass should be inside the house. LE said there was no evidence of break-in, so ????????????

I don't know the answer to your question on why there was glass on the outside. :confused:

fran

About the window glass. From what I know, if the window was broken from the outside, the glass should be inside the house. LE said there was no evidence of break-in, so ????????????

I don't know the answer to your question on why there was glass on the outside. :confused:

fran

It is my understanding that LE used the broken window to access the interior of the home. I would think that using a baton, for example, and breaking the window enough for a man to climb in, would be quite messy, and glass would go all over the place. He may well have used a gloved hand to move broken glass out of the way so as to not cut himself climbing in. I would think glass would be both inside and outside.

fran

If you break a window from the outside, small pieces right where you hit it will go flying inside, but large pieces will remain attached to the frame by the caulking. So LE probably removed those pieces by pulling them outward, and then just dropping them to the ground right there below the window.

Anybody see this in the Deseret News article comments?

"Wayne Hamberg | 3:21 p.m. Feb. 2, 2010
It is my belief GIFFORD LIED yesterday to assist Police in setting up Josh Powell.

The Cox have failed to maintain any relationship with their grandkids though the Powell's invited the cox to their home to visit the grand kids."

Who's to say it was really WH commenting, but still...How naive can a person be? Believing what JP says as if it's gospel, and being shocked LE might provide "disinformation" to/through the media. What a load of...well, you know.

It is my belief GIFFORD LIED yesterday to assist Police in setting up Josh Powell.

The Cox have failed to maintain any relationship with their grandkids though the Powell's invited the cox to their home to visit the grand kids."

Who's to say it was really WH commenting, but still...How naive can a person be? Believing what JP says as if it's gospel, and being shocked LE might provide "disinformation" to/through the media. What a load of...well, you know.

Could you please post a link to that story? I would sure appreciate it.

I wonder how that would set up Josh?

Once again, I must have missed something.

Did Shelby Gifford say the Coxes were not allowed to see the kids? I don't recall that. I have heard that they won't let the boys visit the Coxes outside of the Powells' home.

Even that seems strange - although, not stranger than anything else about the Powells. Other than wanting to control the information the boys might share with the Coxes, what possible reason could Josh have for not wanting to let them go visit their Grandparents in their Grandparents' home? Let's say he's innocent. You have these seemingly-kind people who have gone through a tragedy that is about as bad as anything anyone could imagine. And in spite of your acting like a general putz since this all happened, they've treated you with kindness through the process. So they want to spend a Saturday with your boys. Where is the harm?

It's just one more thing that he does that just doesn't fit with the actions of an innocent person. I can't say I have any personal precedent upon which to draw in such a situation. But I think most people have fairly consistent processes of decency and compassion. Josh's is either so outside the norm that it's shocking; or he is trying to cover something up. I think most everyone who has followed this at any level has a pretty good feel for which one of those describes Josh.

Maybe we should start a new thread. Or rather then a new thread, maybe we should start breaking things down into topics, so that it can easily be located in the future.

I'm not sure I understand the "there is no peep hole" part?

You can buy them at the hardware store. They are so you can see who is at your door before you open it. (You drill a hole in your door then put one side through the inside of the door and the other through the outside then screw both sides together. It is usually brass and has a wide angle lense.)

The Powell's home sits at the end of the cul de sac. You can view from the front window any person driving toward the house for the entire block. You can view the front porch from the front window. The floor plan given is not 100% accurate. The living room windows are 'bay'. LE stood on the front porch to break out the window during the first welfare check at the home.

But here's a question for you all -- why would the glass from the window be outside of the house and on the front porch. If you break a window from outside -- doesn't the glass fall inside the house?

That has been bothering me. But I don't have any experience with breaking windows and where the glass would fall. Maybe it's nothing about nothing, but thought I would ask here.

When they broke the window, I'm assuming they pulled all the glass that was still clinging to the window frame out and put it on the porch rather than inside the house.

You can buy them at the hardware store. They are so you can see who is at your door before you open it. (You drill a hole in your door then put one side through the inside of the door and the other through the outside then screw both sides together. It is usually brass and has a wide angle lense.)

Great description-just wanted to add that they are generally called security viewers. Guess hardware guys decided at some point the old term peep holes wasn't too sophisticated.

I'm trying desperately to stay caught up. Quickly, did BFF Wayne post anything after he was hauled in for an interview by LE? Thanks!!!

I'm thinking Josh took a bit of time answering the door because that door knocker didn't have the secret code, knock..knock..knock...........knock knock. Hence the peep hole remark.

UtahMom, thanks for posting the link Gwenabob asked me for...I had already logged off for the night and didn't see the request until just now.

This truly irritates me. It's another situation where if Josh had nothing to hide he'd be cooperating with the Cox's just like he should be cooperating with LE. So is WH Josh's new part time attorney or spokesperson? WH is painting himself out to be an idiot and when Josh IS convicted, he will eat his words. How hurtful to use a word like "LIED." Wouldn't it have been more tactful to say something like "that wasn't entirely true," or "They failed to explain the whole story." Instead he calls the parents of a missing woman LIARS???:furious:

Granted, this could have been an impostor, but from what we already know about this DB, I wouldn't put it past him. Surely even folks like Kiirsi would be offended by such BS.

Gwenabob - I see you're lurking. I just wanted to say I was first "introduced" to you on the Tribune threads and I've always liked your witty and wise comments. Any new searches planned by IDRINKCOKE? My boyfriend hunts out in the area that IDRINKCOKE was searching and he's convinced it would be a great place to hide Susan. It's around a town called Elberta. Apparently the roads, while some are gravel, are always well maintained, even in snow storms. But it is extremely flat and littered with sage brush, not to mention the coyotes. Next time he goes out to hunt game I'll be going too, but I'll be hunting for Susan. Best to you.

Gwenabob - I see you're lurking. I just wanted to say I was first "introduced" to you on the Tribune threads and I've always liked your witty and wise comments. Any new searches planned by IDRINKCOKE? My boyfriend hunts out in the area that IDRINKCOKE was searching and he's convinced it would be a great place to hide Susan. It's around a town called Elberta. Apparently the roads, while some are gravel, are always well maintained, even in snow storms. But it is extremely flat and littered with sage brush, not to mention the coyotes. Next time he goes out to hunt game I'll be going too, but I'll be hunting for Susan. Best to you.

I recall that IDRINKCOKE mentioned seeing LE teams searching same area that one weekend...Anybody know which LE department the officers he saw were from?

I know that people discussed Josh and Susan's favorite camping spots, but didn't learn that he even owned a motorcycle until more recently. Does anyone have more information about his rides, or happen to know where he liked to take it? He might have been much more familiar with the state than had been mentioned, if he took off on even a few afternoon rides while Susan was at work.

Thank you for the compliments. I think IDRINKCOKE is planning to keep searching until Susan is found. I don't live in Utah and have visited only a couple times, so I am not very knowledgeable about the geography. But looking at a map and satellite photo, I would have to say Elberta looks like a good spot to search.

Every day, several times a day, I log in hoping to see a headline heralding Josh's arrest. It cannot come soon enough for me. There is no doubt in my mind he is responsible for this crime. I wish I lived in Utah so I could help search as well.

Best to you as well, and let us know if you see any LE out searching when you go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77