17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it was before LE got there in some cases. What were there 9 or so 911 calls hearing a gunshot? I remember one of those tapes mentioning people "down there" with flashlights. I guess it's only natural to a certain degree, but who knows?
Goofy running to a shooting but I guess it is goofy standing out watching tornadoes too. :what:

George Zimmerman's Black Roots

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vaged-burglaries-vandalism-just-shooting.html

'Let's talk about the elephant in the room. I'm black, OK?' the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race.

She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes. 'There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood,' she said. 'That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin
.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vaged-burglaries-vandalism-just-shooting.html

He sure did. All it had to be was something harder then his skin.

Ok, so I'm back to my original question...

What is the evidence they have that GZ lied about how he got his injuries if the detective himself said its possible the injuries came from his head hitting concrete.

IMO that right there says they have no evidence that GZ lied about how he got his injuries. It tells me there is more than one possibility, GZ's account being one possible one.

There is no mention in LE reports about who was at the scene when they arrived, we know neighbors went outside, a couple with flashlights. but there is nothing stating that when LE pulled up on the scene that they witnessed say 2-3 men standing there, one had his cellphone out taking pictures of one of the other man's head ..instead it seems as though it were only GZ standing there besides TM's body. why wouldn't the neighbors be noted in the report ? :waitasec: hmm now I see what they mean by partial report. MOO

https://cnninsession.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/martinpolicreport.pdf

It's not a big deal as far as I can see, but Zimmerman was secured when Ayala arrived. According to the SPD Event Report, Officer Ayala arrived at 19:19:52 or almost 7:20 pm. EMT's pronounced TM dead at 7:30 after some unspecified period of attempts to revive him. No way from the report to know how long SPD vs the EMT's made their attempts, but either way, SPD's efforts only involved a matter of minutes.

TMAyalaArrival.png

TMAyalaArrival1.png

:moo::moo::moo::moo: Just 2 points to add: SPD seems to be a bit behind the times regarding CPR: "Sgt Raimondo did breaths">>>>>the latest in cpr is chest compressions, only (reference: http://www.insurevents.com/Articles/CPR.htm )

And the term "securing", to the retired "Statie", DH, that means disarmed & cuffed, the individual is NOT able to inflict deadly damage to another human being. (no reference, just HIS humble opinion!)

I disagree. I do believe the detective said, on the stand, at the bond hearing, that those injuries could come from his head hitting concrete.

How many thousands and thousands of pics and xrays do you think the SA has at their finger tips of heads slammed on concrete over and over again?

What evidence do they have that he lied about how he got the injuries?

IDK, no one ever said as far as I know.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And isn't it true that a lot of statements that he made do not make sense in terms of the injuries that he described. Did he not describe to the police that Mr. Martin had him on the ground and kept bashing his head on the concrete over and over and just physically beating him with his hands?

GILBREATH: He has said that, yes.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And isn't it true that there is evidence that indicates that's not true?

GILBREATH: Yes.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/20/cnr.02.html

I continue to see legal opinion here from non lawyers. I've asked for links to back up what is being said if legal opinion is being stated as fact.
Florida Rules of Professional Conduct - Rule 4-8.4(d)
A lawyer shall not:
[...]
(d) engage in conduct in connection with the practice of law that is prejudicial to the administration of justice, including to knowingly, or through callous indifference, disparage, humiliate, or discriminate against litigants, jurors, witnesses, court personnel, or other lawyers on any basis, including, but not limited to, on account of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, age, socioeconomic status, employment, or physical characteristic;
http://www.law.cornell.edu/ethics/fl/code/FL_CODE.HTM#Rule_4-8.4(d)

Jumping off your post:

I personally value the opinion of a Harvard law professor.

He knows law. That's for sure.

If I had to guess, maybe he's going by the detective who said they have no evidence of certain very relevant issues/claims.
Maybe that's why he thinks the prosecutor is out of line with the charges.

JMO

--he was saying the same thing before he even heard gilbreath speak at the bond hearing.

Harvard Prof. Alan Dershowitz: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit ‘Irresponsible And Unethical’

6:19 pm, April 12th, 2012

--not sure if the link is approved, so i won't post it.

George Zimmerman's Black Roots

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vaged-burglaries-vandalism-just-shooting.html

'Let's talk about the elephant in the room. I'm black, OK?' the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race.

She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes. 'There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood,' she said. 'That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin
.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...vaged-burglaries-vandalism-just-shooting.html

Oh, so THAT's why? Because Trayvon was a black boy? Well, now it all makes sense. Sheesh.

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just curious if Angela Corey has any legal recourse regarding the slanderous statements that Dershowitz made against her in his "opinion piece" (and jeez Louise, whatever happened to proofreading articles before posting them)?

Accusing her of hiding evidence favorable to defendant George Zimmerman and committing perjury.

“This affidavit submitted by the prosecutor in the Florida case is a crime,” Dershowitz said. “It’s a crime.”

“If she in fact knew about ABC News’ pictures of the bloody head of Zimmerman and failed to include that in the affidavit, this affidavit is not the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth,” Dershowitz said. “It’s a perjurious affidavit.”

“This prosecutor not only may have suborned perjury, she may be responsible, if there are going to be riots here, for raising expectations to unreasonable levels.”

But Dershowitz said Cory is the one who should be facing charges, arguing that her prosecution of the case has already taken a political turn

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...overreached-with-murder-charge/#ixzz1t70SCPNK

I guess it's possible. But I highly doubt she'll bother to dignify his comments/opinions in any manner.

JMO

Is there any evidence anywhere that he was enrolled in any course at the time of the shooting, as indicated in the article??

I read that the college withdrew him for "safety reasons" after the shooting but don't think they mentioned class(es) he was enrolled in at the time.

I guess it's possible. But I highly doubt she'll bother to dignify his comments/opinions in any manner.

JMO

I'm sure she won't, much too professional for that, but it's very inappropriate especially for a Harvard law professor. I would think that Harvard wouldn't even condone this type of nonsense while he was affiliated with them. Unbelievable.

~jmo~

IDK, no one ever said as far as I know.

The same detective said that his injuries could have come from his head hitting concrete.

I just checked your link for that info but it must have been during the commercial break.

I read that the college withdrew him for "safety reasons" after the shooting but don't think they mentioned class(es) he was enrolled in at the time.

That is interesting info. Do you remember where you read it?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And he gave -- he the defendant gave numerous interviews to the police did he not.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And isn't it true that a lot of statements that he made do not make sense in terms of the injuries that he described. Did he not describe to the police that Mr. Martin had him on the ground and kept bashing his head on the concrete over and over and just physically beating him with his hands?

GILBREATH: He has said that, yes.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And isn't it true that there is evidence that indicates that's not true?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did he also not state that at some point, he the defendant -- did he not state or claim that the victim in this case, Mr. Martin, put both hands one over his mouth and one over his nose so that he couldn't breathe?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And all of sudden that's when he was able to get free and grab the gun. Or I'm sorry, Martin was grabbing for the gun, did he not claim that too at some point. climb that?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: But -- and I'm going to get into every little contradiction but wouldn't you agree that a lot of his statements can be contradicted by the evidence either witnesses or just based on what he says himself?

COSTELLO: Back live to the bond hearing in Sanford, Florida. Mark O'Mara, who is George Zimmerman's attorney is doing another redirect of the state's attorney investigator. They're talking about what injuries George Zimmerman had to his head that night. Let's listen.

GILBREATH: Managed to scoot away from the concrete sidewalk and that is at that point is when the shooting subsequently followed. That is not consistent with the evidence we found.

O'MARA: The injuries seem to be consistent with his story, though, don't they?

Dale; The injuries are consistent with a harder object striking the back of his head than his head was.

O'MARA: Could that be cement?

GILBREATH: Could be.

O'MARA: Did you just say it was consistent or did you say it wasn't consistent?

GILBREATH: I said it was.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/20/cnr.02.html

So to me that says the position of the State is that yes he had injuries however they are not consistent with the statements of how they occurred by GZ. According to the evidence we found.

Just goes to show how even a professor can be really wrong.

I rarely agree with him, but he is far more than "a professor" and his "really wrong" is better than my "100% right" on my best day. If he's saying it, I'm listening, and so are most of the folks who will be called on to make the really important decisions in this case, imo.

His CV is attached at this link from pages 20 to 89 and, unfortunately, it doesn't include his criminal trials. I think there was a page limit lol

www.nysun.com/files/dershowitzmoscow.pdf

How in the world do you shoot a dog in a neighborhood and not endanger every neighbor around?

I have been faced with very similar dog problems and I have thought about shooting the dog but how do you know where that bullet is going to end up? Not like you are out in the woods somewhere. I have thought about using a baseball bat but then it is just blaming the dog for being a dog and not the irresponsible owners.

I decided just to keep calling the cops till something was done and it was. They told the people they would lose the dog if it happened one more time. That made them keep them tied up.

Why would you just jump to getting a gun. Makes no sense and I don't believe the story.

A pit bull named Big Boi began menacing George and Shellie Zimmerman in the fall of 2009.

The first time the dog ran free and cornered Shellie in their gated community in Sanford, Florida, George called the owner to complain.

The second time, Big Boi frightened his mother-in-law's dog. Zimmerman called Seminole County Animal Services and bought pepper spray.

The third time he saw the dog on the loose, he called again. An officer came to the house, county records show.

'Don't use pepper spray,' he told the Zimmermans, according to a friend. 'It'll take two or three seconds to take effect, but a quarter second for the dog to jump you,' he said.

'Get a gun.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-vandalism-just-shooting.html#ixzz1t6k8irMe

Did the friend tell him to buy a gun to kill the dog? I can't imagine someone from animal control or a policeman telling a civilian to kill a dog with a gun..JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy