SteveHuff

The Websleuther formerly known as misterallgood
Reaction score
Website
www.truecrimeweblog.com
Meghan's MySpace page:

http://www.myspace.com/i_live_in_the_stars

News article:

http://hamptonroads.com/2008/04/portsmouth-girl-found-slain-home-man-custody-norfolk

Quote from the article:
A 16-year-old Woodrow Wilson High School sophomore found slain in her single-family Simonsdale home Thursday night has been identified by police as Meghan N. Landowski.

Investigators today are trying to figure out who killed her and why.
Friends called her l'il Meghan, and her MySpace screen name was "mini." A different profile she apparently stopped using gave her height as 5'0".

She was a heart-breakingly cute kid, looked 12, in spite of her age. Police seem to have a POI, but no "suspect," yet. NCIS is involved, which makes me think the POI is Navy.

Steve

For some reason, I thought about the Jodi Sanderholm case; probably because they were both dancers. Hope this wasn't another case of her being stalked by someone. It will be interesting to hear if she had expressed any concerns about being followed home, etc.

Looking at her photo just breaks my heart. With each passing day I fear more for my childrens safety. We now live in a nation full of sicko's where no one is safe.

:furious:

I wonder if the house/man LE was staking out and why; was he a registered sex offender? Did they see him around the scene?
It sounds like the step father had walked in and called LE asap; he seems cleared.

I saw this on the news last night.This linked article tells more than what was said last night.

One thing that one of her friends said on the news last night was that she asked if she could go home with them.It was usually that she asked for them to walk to her house.The person she asked was not going home or something(can't quite remember what was said).

I hope they catch whoever did this to this sweet young girl :(

RIP Meghan. How horrifying. My sympathies go out to your family and friends.

I saw this on the news last night.This linked article tells more than what was said last night.

One thing that one of her friends said on the news last night was that she asked if she could go home with them.It was usually that she asked for them to walk to her house.The person she asked was not going home or something(can't quite remember what was said).

I hope they catch whoever did this to this sweet young girl :(

I wonder if she was normally safety conscious or if she was using the buddy system of friends walking her home or going over her house if someone was stalking her. She does live in an area not area plagued by crime? (not that it matters as crimes happen everywhere; just if she had a reason to ask a friend to walk her home). Did she always ask her friend to; or did something happen that made her on edge recently?

This happened about three miles from where I live. My daughter goes to the same school as Meghan.

I hesitated to post anything because it seemed disrespectful to her.

I hope they find who did it and he gets the death penalty.

I felt a sense of relief when I heard someone had been taken into custody and I was assured by someone that SHOULD know that he was the one. Now I read that he's been released.

I'm terrified to leave my daughter anywhere alone.

I wonder if she was normally safety conscious or if she was using the buddy system of friends walking her home or going over her house if someone was stalking her. She does live in an area not area plagued by crime? (not that it matters as crimes happen everywhere; just if she had a reason to ask a friend to walk her home). Did she always ask her friend to; or did something happen that made her on edge recently?

It is a pretty safe neighborhood. Some people don't even lock their doors. It's not immune to crime (like anywhere else) but you just don't hear of too many things happening in that neighborhood.

She knew who she was. She recognized the name and picture last night. Meghan was a sophomore and my daughter is a senior so they really didn't travel in the same circles.

I hope your daughter's school stays strong. This is such a terrifying thing to happen to a community.

It is terrifying. I had called my daughter and told her that they had the person in custody. Now, they've released him I feel like I should call her back and tell her to be VERY careful.

Simonsdale is an old neighborhood. Some of the adults raising families there also grew up there. They'll look out for each other.

in the comments after an article on wavy tv 10 in norfork , there are several references to this being a revenge killing by a guy who had recently been released from jail for molesting this same girl last year. that must be who the cops were questioning immediately after the murder was discovered.

That's what I had heard also. That's why I can't understand why they would release him. I can't imagine anyone else wanting to kill this girl. I don't think it was a random killing. Not from how she died.

he must have had an alibi for when she was killed. there was not much time between her coming home from school and the arrival of her stepfather... maybe killer was waiting. what is the local scuttlebutt about cause of death? have you looked for articles referencing the case against him and sentencing last year?

in the comments after an article on wavy tv 10 in norfork , there are several references to this being a revenge killing by a guy who had recently been released from jail for molesting this same girl last year. that must be who the cops were questioning immediately after the murder was discovered.

If this guy ends up being the murderer, can you imagine the fear that went through this girl when she saw him that day?

I hate to go here, and I mean absolutely no disrespect, but until I hear more, I am not automatically convinced of the step-fathers innocence. It does sound like police don't suspect him, however, I have been on these boards too long, and feel I have to leave that open until we know more.

I just keep thinking about all the cases where the step-father or mom's b/f was "the first person" to find a child dead, or discover them missing and then turns out to be the killer, or abductor etc.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that is not the case here.

Prayers for Meghan and those who loved her.

"I live in the stars" Yes, Meghan, shine brightly for those who love you. RIP. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member