KATU -- Source: Investigators far from solving Kyron case

cypress

Reaction score
http://www.katu.com/news/local/101210534.html

BBM

PORTLAND, Ore. - Investigators are a long way from finding out what happened to Kyron Horman, the 7-year-old boy who disappeared 11 weeks ago from his school, according to a well-placed source on Friday.

The source said investigators are gathering new facts everyday but unless some unforeseen bit of evidence appears the investigation will likely take months.

Other recent cases show it can take years to get answers and Jim McIntyre, an attorney and former prosecutor, said the public has a false expectation that cases like this are solved quickly. He said he doesn’t think the Kyron investigation has stalled.

This pretty much sums up everything...it can take forever or it can "break" at any time. Not much brain surgery there :(

Still, it is kind of chilling to read it in print.

Terri better hope that they find something or her life is over as she knows it. I imagine in a few years people will somewhat forget about her.

The idea that this case could take even months longer is horrible to contemplate...but of course it could.

Was staying up late tonight in the off-chance that there would be late breaking news in Kyron's case (it seems as though everything breaks late night in this case). This was not what I was hoping to hear, though. If it feels this bad to us, I can't think about how it feels to Kaine and Desiree. God, please hold them up and bring Kyron home soon.

I think I may have to duck out of this case. My emotions can't take it anymore.

Terri better hope that they find something or her life is over as she knows it. I imagine in a few years people will somewhat forget about her.

Her life is pretty much ruined if they find anything... or not.
If she is guilty, with reasonable proof, then yes, seems status quo to "ruin" a person over that.
If not however, I see no one going out of their way to clear her name.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyday I see more and more "sources" saying what they "know." To be honest.. I don't care for this any more. Not in the least.
In the beginning, we wanted people to talk. At this point, I really want people to shut up, including random ex-boyfriends, secrets "legitimate" sources, etc. etc.

:banghead:

This pretty much sums up everything...it can take forever or it can "break" at any time. Not much brain surgery there :(

Still, it is kind of chilling to read it in print.

My heart is so heavy for all concerned. Honestly what everyone wrote echoes in my head...this case is tragic on every level and the thought Kyron's parents could be forced into limbo for years makes me cry as I write this...

Where are you, angel?

I know it is a fantasy but I wish somehow that Terri's parents could get her to tell them the truth, if she is involved and can end this. I know that I could never look at my (late) mom and lie to her, no matter what I had done. I wonder if they even dare ask...

But somehow, this has to end...not for us, but for his family, all his cousins, etc...the other kids at his school.

My friend's child has been missing over 20 years.Just a little pick me up for everyone.

I know some people don't agree, but when I read that article about Terri today, all hope was lost for me. I had a little glimmer of hope. I now longer do.

I am so often wrong. I hope that this is one of those times.

My friend's child has been missing over 20 years.Just a little pick me up for everyone.

I know some people don't agree, but when I read that article about Terri today, all hope was lost for me. I had a little glimmer of hope. I now longer do.

I am so often wrong. I hope that this is one of those times.

My fence is getting very unstable, I have to admit. I hate hearing that Terri had issues with Kyron's behavior.

Hmm. I don't trust all sources, no matter how "well-placed."

This is the first appearance in the media of this member of the Source family. I wouldn't be too rough on him or her. Well-Placed just doesn't have quite as much experience as Reliable, Unnamed, Multiple, or Close-to-the-Investigation.

:)

I remembered this little snippet buried at the end of this article yesterday:

Also on Friday, Kaine Horman said he believes his estranged wife is still the primary focus in the criminal investigation into the boy's disappearance.

“Unless law enforcement comes to me and says all they’ve been telling me is wrong my opinion will not change," Horman said. "I’m a data person and the data gives me no reason to believe otherwise."

http://www.kptv.com/news/24706595/detail.html

I was thinking it was the same reporter poking around for info, and was surprised to see it was a different reporter from a different news outlet.

Looks like the media is starting to question things too.

I can't say that Kaine's statement makes me feel any better. I think the trauma Kaine has been subjected to with Kyron going missing has placed a filter of pain and desperation through which he perceives things, and understandably so. The result, though, is that I've learned that much of what Kaine says is unreliable, through no fault of his own, but simply through that trauma, which was not of his making.

Anyway, since I had noticed this in the article, and it seems related, I wanted to post it here for reference.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/101210534.html

BBM

PORTLAND, Ore. - Investigators are a long way from finding out what happened to Kyron Horman, the 7-year-old boy who disappeared 11 weeks ago from his school, according to a well-placed source on Friday.

The source said investigators are gathering new facts everyday ....

snipped for space.

I dunno, just feels like 'another week, another speculation from a mystery source'. Maybe they're right, maybe not.

I think they are right in the "finding out what happened" part. They may decide on the who without ever knowing the what.

Also on Friday, Kaine Horman said he believes his estranged wife is still the primary focus in the criminal investigation into the boy's disappearance.

“Unless law enforcement comes to me and says all they’ve been telling me is wrong my opinion will not change," Horman said. "I’m a data person and the data gives me no reason to believe otherwise."

I'm with Kaine.
And unless it can be proven beyone a shadow of a doubt she isn't involved, I'll continue to view her as the person responsible for whatever happened to Kyron and for certain won't be going out of my way to defend her...I'm hoping her name is never cleared and she has to live under a cloud of suspicion the rest of her natural life..JMHO

This is the first appearance in the media of this member of the Source family. I wouldn't be too rough on him or her. Well-Placed just doesn't have quite as much experience as Reliable, Unnamed, Multiple, or Close-to-the-Investigation.

:)

Bean, you rock!:dance:

Sigh.

I've been expecting something from LE any time now. And I wonder if this also wasn't a planned leak.

Why have I been expecting something?

Because school is about to start. And LE has invested everything, from the get-go, in the idea that TH did it (whatever "it" is).

They immediately assured the community that they had nothing to worry about. They've obviously focused on TH and her friends, even sending out flyer upon flyer with pictures.

etc.

Well, an entire summer later and what do they have? Not enough to reasonably make an arrest, as of right now.

I've actually been concerned that LE would rush to arrest TH on slim pickin's just because school is about to start and they need to have something ouit there for the community. I hope they don't do that--I'll take leaks, another Source cousin, etc. any time over the chances of a)arresting an innocent person or b)arresting the right person but having such a flimsy case that the case is lost in the courtroom.

LE has a big mess on their hands with their obvious solitary focus. And quotes about other cases and how long it will take is the first step toward trying to repair their image in time for school. Right now, this former prosecutor is carrying the water for them. Someone else will be quoted soon in a similar story. Sigh.

I'm with Kaine.
And unless it can be proven beyone a shadow of a doubt she isn't involved, I'll continue to view her as the person responsible for whatever happened to Kyron and for certain won't be going out of my way to defend her...I'm hoping her name is never cleared and she has to live under a cloud of suspicion the rest of her natural life..JMHO

But saying this is (like) saying you hope the case is never solved? That would be unbearable to so many, though sadly possible. She can only be cleared if someone else is convicted, which seems unlikely at this point with no one else, even an anonymous someone, seemingly on the radar. I dislike the idea of anyone being a lifelong suspect and hope for enough of a case to take to trial (if Terri).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyberanalyst0303
Back