Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gas cans and all.

Is that crazy or what? I missed most of the trial today and am watching NG and heard she borrowed gas cans. They also said she lowers her seat in the courtroom.:floorlaugh:

i will have to check it out. i know just the basics she butchered that guy, she accused he abused her ( suuuuure he did) and claims self defense. i admit again i dont know all the specs and when i get a chance will check that thread out too..i admittedly these days bounce mainly between this topic/caylee and the one about my friend jarral osburn ( the spotlight case) going missing in OK.
even not knowing all the details, i thought there was a lot of coincidences between jodi and casey ( esp when i seen the blonde before pics and the demure brunette court pics/after)

Did you ever see the film 'Fatal Attraction'? - Jodi Arias is a bunny boiler..

Body guard? She has money to pay a bodyguard? Looks like some lawyer who got dragged in off the tennis court to have this picture taken to me.

Bodyguards don't work for nothing, so what resources does she really have that just never make it onto paper in her name?
Probably one of her internet 'killer groupies'.

Is that crazy or what? I missed most of the trial today and am watching NG and heard she borrowed gas cans. They also said she lowers her seat in the courtroom.:floorlaugh:

Plus she plays with her hair endlessly, just like IT.
Primping and posing for the camera :banghead:

Reports say they got $600K from Dr Phil for an interview! George was given a new job by David Deese the owner of Quinco- the same guy that flew them to the Bahamas in his private plane, to 'relax'... IMO Cindy won't be returning to work- as her daughter said, she learned to 'milk the disability system' right away and lives in a permanent state of entitlement. Knowing their spending habits they will blow through that in no time.

i THOUGHT i heard about something about cindy not working SUPPOSEDLY disabled? ( hmmm im not going there LOL) i didnt know about the job that george got w/ the bahama jet guy. hmmm. so is that what is helping to pay for his daughters condo. :waitasec: doesnt it COST $$ to file bankrupcy? in OK at least last time i checked, it would have taken at least $800 to file? ( if not more and it HAS been a number of years) im sure good ol george ponied up the $ for the filing fee/cost of the case. unless FL is totally different?

I'm late to this tea party, but I giggled at the thought of them trying to collect her possible tax refunds for 2011 and 2012. <snort> Job? What job? Do you get a refund for being in hiding? What? Has she been moonlighting at McDonalds?

i THOUGHT i heard about something about cindy not working SUPPOSEDLY disabled? ( hmmm im not going there LOL) i didnt know about the job that george got w/ the bahama jet guy. hmmm. so is that what is helping to pay for his daughters condo. :waitasec: doesnt it COST $$ to file bankrupcy? in OK at least last time i checked, it would have taken at least $800 to file? ( if not more and it HAS been a number of years) im sure good ol george ponied up the $ for the filing fee/cost of the case. unless FL is totally different?

Adam Longo is denying giving Casey any money for his 'interview' - IMO he was used as her unpaid publicist, but there is NO way she will give away photos for nothing. Look what she raked in for Caylee's photos ($200K). When that deal was going on her main concern was not losing precious keepsakes in order to raise money for the search/reward for Caylee- no, she was anxious to know if she could get on the Howard Stern show and what she would wear ..

All this is is a spin on FCA, trying to keep her in the news with something to mystify and enrage the public.

Releasing pictures from over the years like they are new photos when they are actually money grabbing deals. I agree that the picture of her reading on the beach was probably from her Ohio stay.

I would question her resident requirements. Does her residence within the 180 days (6 mos) need to be in one place? She stayed at the church, then with one PI and then another, at West Palm Beach. She's supposedly staying in a condo in Cape Canaveral and/or Cocoa Beach but files the BK papers across the state in Tampa.

Can they be moving her around the state trying to play games?

Reminds me of the old song "Games People Play".

I think the 180 days residency (6 mos.) needed to be in one of the counties that make up the Middle District of Florida in order for her to file for Bankruptcy in the proper District.

IMO the beach picture was taken around the same time as the Team picture(August 2012)...tan lines look the same to me..

She finished her Probation on August 24, 2012....
Perhaps the photos were taken the day or weekend that her Probation ended

For all I know they could have been celebrating the end of her Probation
:waitasec: I mean having a meeting with her civil attorneys concerning her civil cases. :rolleyes: :D

IMO the picture is not from her 2011 Ohio stay. To me the water behind her looks like the beach at my family's cottage and I know she was never in that area....it's in Quebec, Canada.

Adam Longo is denying giving Casey any money for his 'interview' - IMO he was used as her unpaid publicist, but there is NO way she will give away photos for nothing. Look what she raked in for Caylee's photos ($200K). When that deal was going on her main concern was not losing precious keepsakes in order to raise money for the search/reward for Caylee- no, she was anxious to know if she could get on the Howard Stern show and what she would wear ..

Longo was extremely indignant about those accusations (protesting too much). His overreaction really seemed like one from someone who was called out. No surprises anymore for me.

We now live in a society where a murderer can fund a defense by selling pictures of their victim, their lawyer can lie about it with impunity, and the killer can reap the benefit of playing a victim herself because months of misdirecting the public renders forensic evidence nil. At least there were no appeals though...

$500,000 would really not be out of line for a case of the magnitude of this one.

Maybe her other attorneys DID agree to represent her pro bono (unlike Baez), and that's why they're not listed? I can't really remember what CM said when he started on the case.

He said Pro Bono

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/game-changing-attorney-introduced-at-casey-hearing/nJwgj/

"Mason said he's putting off retirement to do this and said he's already amassing a team of others who are willing to work for free, as he is,.."

Mason said. &#8220;I&#8217;ve been asked to join and I&#8217;m doing it pro bono [free]. We&#8217;re just seeking confirmation of Ms. Anthony&#8217;s indigency and I don&#8217;t think that should be in question.&#8221;

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20081054-504083.html

July 20, 2011 12:15 PM

excerpt:

Casey Anthony wants to become a lawyer, attorney Cheney Mason says

Mason told CBS affiliate WTSP that Anthony is very sharp and read nearly all of the 28,000 documents throughout the trial.
Mason added, "She told me, 'When I get out, I want to be a lawyer. When I get out, I want to work in your office.'"
Mason did explain it is not a realistic possibility with her record. Cheney told the station that his main goal for Anthony is for her to be safe.

It is hilarious to me how fast Mason backed off FCA working in HIS OFFICE!
Funny that she is also not working in the law offices of Baez, Greene, Chmelir, Sims, Fryer or even in the office of P.I. Jerry Lyons nor P.I. Pat McKenna.

OH Great...Casey Anthony has a wild hair up her butt to be the next Erin Brockovich Legal Eagle

Sheesh...She'll probably sleep her way into to working for a Law Office, conning some Sad Sack along the way for a new career

CBS DID PAY the Anthonys! FACT -- not rumor.
Cindy said in her deposition that CBS paid them $ 20,000 and her attorney Brad Conway confirmed it.

It is my strong belief that somehow ... some way ... FCA [or her attorneys/handlers] is getting $$$$ for the phone "interviews" she has done with CBS5 in Phoenix and for the new photos published by Adam Longo.

It is just so suspicious that FCA shopped a media deal last month which fits exactly what Adam Longo is currently doing!
... off-camera interviews .... photos .... videos to come ...
Longo did not simply do a "story" on the bankruptcy as a journalist. He went further and published words from FCA in the phone conversation/off-camera interview which he just had with FCA, and then published SMILING photos of the subject of his story who is going through a very serious legal process of bankruptcy.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...y-anthony-anthony-defense-team-anthony-family

Anthony photos fetch $20,000 from CBS

October 17, 2009|By Sarah Lundy and Bianca Prieto, Sentinel Staff Writers

excerpts:

Casey Anthony's mother told prosecutors that CBS agreed to pay her and her husband $20,000 for participating in a show focused on what happened to their granddaughter, Caylee Marie, according to court documents filed this week.

On Friday, their attorney, Brad Conway, confirmed he negotiated that amount in a licensing fee for videos and pictures of the Anthony family taken in happier times.

At 10 tonight, 48 Hours Mystery will dedicate an hour to the case
George and Cindy Anthony -- were interviewed for the program

More than 1,300 pages of transcripts from depositions taken from Anthony's parents and brother, Lee Anthony, were filed in court.

Prosecutors asked Cindy Anthony if she has made any money for selling pictures of Caylee.
She talked about getting money from 48 Hours Mystery. At that point, the couple had only received $10,000 and expected to receive another $10,000. She said $3,000 went toward Conway for negotiating the deal.
"I received a check for the first time," Cindy Anthony said.

A CBS News spokeswoman said the couple were not paid for interviews.
"In keeping with long-standing policy and practice, CBS News did not pay for any interviews relating to the Anthony story," said spokeswoman Kelli Halyard. "Licensing footage is a standard industry practice done by television news programs to produce a visually complete story."

Conway told the Orlando Sentinel that this is the first time the couple have accepted money for pictures and videos. The footage also will be used by CBS' The Early Show.

News of the licensing-fee amount became public the same day Casey Anthony appeared in court for a brief hearing

I still do not understand her 'living expenses' thing. How can she tell the BK court that she has ZERO income, when we know she is living in a condo and sunning every afternoon? Who is paying her expenses?

George and Cindy?

Supporting OCA and her dog....IF she has a dog, the dog needs food/snacks/toys. Then there's the Vet check ups, Shots, registration with the county....

But as we all know, Cindy Anthony perjured herself in a court of law. WTH would anyone believe what she said in a tweet?

What you say above is true.

Yet Jose Baez stated in court that Casey has problems telling the truth due to her dysfunctional family relations in the past, which came as no surprise to anyone familiar with Casey. WTH would anyone believe Casey wouldn't lie in BK filing docs?

4/19/2012 BY TMZ STAFF
CASEY ANTHONY'S LAWYER
Thank You ABC For Paying for Our Defense

Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's lawyer, has for the first time publicly acknowledged he was able to mount a successful defense thanks to the money he got from ABC news.
Baez, who appeared on PBS's "Frontline," explained how they got $200,000 from ABC for photos of Casey and Caylee, and that money was used "so we could mount a proper defense."
In 2010, Casey's team divulged in the trial that they spent $275,000 on the defense, and the major portion came from the ABC deal. Now Baez explains the money was critical in beating the murder rap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ABC revised their policy regarding paying for licensing fees for photos and such, and they published Baez's proposal regarding an interview and the consultant job for him. They said NO to a FCA interview and especially NO to a job for any member of her defense team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/26/abc-will-no-longer-pay-li_n_909642.html

ABC Will No Longer Pay Licensing Fees For Interviews

The Huffington Post Katherine Fung First Posted: 07/26/11

UPDATE: ABC's decision to stop paying licensing fees has opened up a war of words between it and rival network NBC. An NBC spokesperson gloated over ABC's policy change, telling AdWeek, &#8220;We agree that their recent activity has been bad for journalism and the news industry. And we welcome them back to the practices that we work hard to uphold.&#8221;
An "ABC News insider" fired back, saying, "NBC News lies about its practices, does not disclose the habitual payments it makes for interviews, and then has the gall to get up on a high horse." The insider warned "the higher they get up on that horse, the farther they will fall as their rank and recurring hypocrisy is exposed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...cle-bans-paying-news-subjects-for-photos.html

ABC Bans Paying News Subjects
Jul 25, 2011 3:04 PM EDT

excerpts:

After taking a public-relations hit in several high-profile cases, ABC will no longer be buying photos or video as a way of getting a news subject to cooperate&#8212;a process that had become a fig leaf for purchasing interviews.
When asked for comment, spokesman Jeffrey Schneider confirmed the new policy, saying: &#8220;We can book just about anyone based on the strength of our journalism, the excellence of our anchors, correspondents, and producers, and the size of our audience. These licensing deals had become a crutch, and an unnecessary one.&#8221;

The new approach is not an absolute ban, but network sources say it would take an extraordinary circumstance to allow a licensing fee&#8212;perhaps once every couple of years&#8212;that would require approval at the highest levels.

ABC got a black eye after paying Casey Anthony $200,000 for photos in 2008, shortly before she was charged in the killing of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. The network&#8217;s payment did not become public until a court proceeding last year.

Supporting OCA and her dog....IF she has a dog, the dog needs food/snacks/toys. Then there's the Vet check ups, Shots, registration with the county....

Oh, my! This made me do a double take! KC dumped her precious baby girl in a swamp to rot. That little dog ain't NEVER seeing the inside of a vet's office or getting vaccinated or registered. He will be lucky if he doesn't end up duct taped in a bag like past Anthony family pets. Where is Sarah McLachlan when you need her?

CBS DID PAY the Anthonys! FACT -- not rumor.
Cindy said in her deposition that CBS paid them $ 20,000 and her attorney Brad Conway confirmed it.

It is my strong belief that somehow ... some way ... FCA [or her attorneys/handlers] is getting $$$$ for the phone "interviews" she has done with CBS5 in Phoenix and for the new photos published by Adam Longo.

It is just so suspicious that FCA shopped a media deal last month which fits exactly what Adam Longo is currently doing!
... off-camera interviews .... photos .... videos to come ...
Longo did not simply do a "story" on the bankruptcy as a journalist. He went further and published words from FCA in the phone conversation/off-camera interview which he just had with FCA, and then published SMILING photos of the subject of his story who is going through a very serious legal process of bankruptcy.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...y-anthony-anthony-defense-team-anthony-family

Anthony photos fetch $20,000 from CBS

October 17, 2009|By Sarah Lundy and Bianca Prieto, Sentinel Staff Writers

excerpts:

Casey Anthony's mother told prosecutors that CBS agreed to pay her and her husband $20,000 for participating in a show focused on what happened to their granddaughter, Caylee Marie, according to court documents filed this week.

On Friday, their attorney, Brad Conway, confirmed he negotiated that amount in a licensing fee for videos and pictures of the Anthony family taken in happier times.

At 10 tonight, 48 Hours Mystery will dedicate an hour to the case
George and Cindy Anthony -- were interviewed for the program

More than 1,300 pages of transcripts from depositions taken from Anthony's parents and brother, Lee Anthony, were filed in court.

Prosecutors asked Cindy Anthony if she has made any money for selling pictures of Caylee.
She talked about getting money from 48 Hours Mystery. At that point, the couple had only received $10,000 and expected to receive another $10,000. She said $3,000 went toward Conway for negotiating the deal.
"I received a check for the first time," Cindy Anthony said.

A CBS News spokeswoman said the couple were not paid for interviews.
"In keeping with long-standing policy and practice, CBS News did not pay for any interviews relating to the Anthony story," said spokeswoman Kelli Halyard. "Licensing footage is a standard industry practice done by television news programs to produce a visually complete story."

Conway told the Orlando Sentinel that this is the first time the couple have accepted money for pictures and videos. The footage also will be used by CBS' The Early Show.

News of the licensing-fee amount became public the same day Casey Anthony appeared in court for a brief hearing

OMGosh, ThinkTank, how I would love to lay my eyes on (and emulate) what must be your amazingly organized file plan!

Thank you for sharing with me and any others who may live in my less well-ordered world. :loveyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288