NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone need a throat lozenge? . . ahem, lol

The time of that fire has bothered me from the get go. It was the middle of the night. EB called the fire in - sooooooooooo how did she know about a fire in her backyard? Did she set it? Or was she just UP **doin' things** and noticed it from a window?

Still strange to have a fire in your backyard all of a sudden in the middle of the night.

Wasn't there supposed to be an interview with someone who seen EB or Zahra 2 weeks before she was reported missing?? I dunno, maybe I'm confused.... :(

It might be released later? I heard on prime news them talking to a reporter that had talked to 2 people at a local furniture store that saw her about 2 weeks before she went missing.

They remember her because of her walk and they saw her prosthetic, they also remember EB calling her name and that the name was so unique in stuck in their memory.

Exactly...........I don't think they went to bed that night.

I heard on HLN earlier that Zahra was seen with EB in mid-late Sept. I thought it was strange too - maybe NG will catch it. It still had to be someone else that saw BOTH of them - or maybe video from some surveillance camera in a store somewhere.

**ahem** DUH!!! (little glass pipe?)

We must have been typing at the same time!

Ok...what I mean, lol, is if oh heck never mind, I've confused meself!

er....Go Rangers!?

Wasn't there supposed to be an interview with someone who seen EB or Zahra 2 weeks before she was reported missing?? I dunno, maybe I'm confused.... :(

Was promised on a local channel to be broadcast at 6 p.m. tonight.

ETA: Fire was reported (by whom? do we have verifiable source?) and FD/LE on scene by 530 a.m.. Assuming it took them a bit to control fire, survey scene, etc., and then you're all wound up from such a weird occurrence, how do you fall back asleep at 7:30? And in the midst of all this, how do you, Adam, not check on your own daughter during or after the FD visit, to make sure she was not unduly scared by what was going on outside the house and tuck her back into bed? There's a fire of random origin in your yard, FD responds with lights flashing etc, and no one goes to comfort a potentially-scared-out-of-her-sleep 10 year old?

There are toooo many missing pieces here. I suspect/hope this is because LE knows more than they may be letting on.

The time of that fire has bothered me from the get go. It was the middle of the night. EB called the fire in - sooooooooooo how did she know about a fire in her backyard? Did she set it? Or was she just UP **doin' things** and noticed it from a window?

Still strange to have a fire in your backyard all of a sudden in the middle of the night.

and don't forget she wrote a ransom note and put it on/in the gas drenched vehicle...:angel:

I took it to mean back to bed after being woke up by the fire and after dealing with the investigators. JMO

yes, that's what he meant 'cause he said he had to try & get some sleep before work ...

It might be released later? I heard on prime news them talking to a reporter that had talked to 2 people at a local furniture store that saw her about 2 weeks before she went missing.

They remember her because of her walk and they saw her prosthetic, they also remember EB calling her name and that the name was so unique in stuck in their memory.
yes yes yes - they said Zahra was "limping". That poor poor child - she had well outgrown her leg. Have to wonder if some of those fights weren't about being able to get her a new leg?

yes yes yes - they said Zahra was "limping". That poor poor child - she had well outgrown her leg. Have to wonder if some of those fights weren't about being able to get her a new leg?

That was one of the most disgusting allegations to surface. It is my hope that Zahra's prosthetic leg is located and someone will be able to confirm whether she should have been fitted with a new one for her growing body. Then, add that to the long list of charges thanks!

Revolting people :furious:

JVM is busy with Courney Cox's divorce, priorities, you know.
Maybe NG will lead with Zahra.

ok, now would he be allowed to phone his wife in jail - like would LE be asking him not to contact her?

I just wonder that in that 4 min. interview, he said he hadn't spoken to her & I'd think that I would be on that phone hysterically demanding answers ...

so when was the interview & had he had time to get in contact with her? and if so, why had he not called her? I would be asking that question if I were the reporter

Just thinkin' outloud again...

I think there was too many "balls" or "fairy dust" around that night... ;)

I don't think you can call inmates, I think they have to call you. But I'm sure at this point LE really does not want them talking to each other.

Investigators return to Zahra Baker's Hickory home

Investigators have returned to the home in Hickory where 10-year-old Zahra Baker was reported missing last weekend.
New cadaver dogs were at the house on 21st Avenue Northwest Friday morning.
NewsChannel 36 reporter Tony Burbeck said the dogs were searching outside and inside the house.
More...

Cadaver dog taken inside missing girls home, police remove mattresses
- Investigators looking into the case of a missing Hickory girl who is presumed to be dead returned to the 10-year-old's home Friday morning and removed some items from the house.
Police were at the Hickory home for about two hours Friday morning and they brought a cadaver dog to the house.
The dog was led into the house, but officials have not said if the dog detected anything unusual inside the home.
Police also brought Zahra Claire Baker's father, Adam, to the home.
More... Video included...

Investigators search home where Zahra went missing
On Friday afternoon, Zahra Baker’s father, Adam Baker, was with investigators at the home where the 10-year-old girl disappeared from, and for the first time in four days, Channel 9’s Dave Faherty spoke exclusively to the father.
Faherty learned that Baker gave police consent to search the home and the property around the home again on Friday.
Faherty said two K-9 units were seen at the home searching behind the house in wood piles.
More...

was the local channel wsoctv? Would love to try and find the video of that coverage.

It was WBTV here.

"...Earlier this morning, we spoke with a woman who claims she saw Zahra Baker 14 days before the girl was reported missing. Reporter Kay Johnson will have more on this story, Friday, on WBTV News 3 at 6 p.m."

Not so much with the 6 p.m. report? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member