ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, she did not have a cast as they can't cast a collar bone....

EXACTLY! The ONLY sling you wear at night if for a shoulder fracture (no cast) or a collarbone/clavicle (also, no cast). A sling on a toddler left alone in bed would be a huge strangulation risk, IMHO (and MHO includes the fact that I am a Pediatric ICU RN)

I am stunned that anyone can think it is okay not to check on a child for 11, now 13, hours...no matter how good a sleeper they are, or what their normal patterns are etc...I would NEVER not go check on my cat if I don't see him for a few hours, even if I know he is sleeping soundly in another room...

DanielleWaugh Danielle Waugh
That would mean nearly 13 hours passed between time she was last seen and when she was reported missing
5 minutes ago

I asked how father accounts for those hours, Chief Massey said #AylaReynolds was asleep in her own room
4 minutes ago

Parents names released: mother Trista Reynolds, father Justin DiPietro.
3 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/DanielleWaugh

I am stunned that anyone can think it is okay not to check on a child for 11, now 13, hours...no matter how good a sleeper they are, or what their normal patterns are etc...I would NEVER not go check on my cat if I don't see him for a few hours, even if I know he is sleeping soundly in another room...

A diaper is going to be very wet, and probably seep through onto the mattress before 13 hours. It is odd that she would not be checked before that time,.

My 20 month old sleeps (and pretty much has since she was 6 months old) from 7 to 7 every night. She would wake up if I tried to check on her, so we don't check on her unless we hear her crying or calling for us. But, we have a monitor and we live in a small apartment in a big city, so we have multiple locks on our doors and we live in a secured building. I don't think it's weird. In fact, I have always been proud of the fact that my daughter sleeps through the night. Pediatricians have always told us that we "hit the goal" as far as sleeping is concerned.

So, the sleeping thin is not a redflag to me. Not yet anyway...

So . . . do the parents live in New York? In googling, I could find facebooks for those two names, in New York.

I found JD's FB page easily an hour ago and now I can't...may just be me...

So . . . do the parents live in New York? In googling, I could find facebooks for those two names, in New York.

No, Waterville Maine, and the mother looks to live in Portland maybe. JMO

I found JD's FB page easily an hour ago and now I can't...may just be me...

I was never able to find it. I searched through LD, ED, and PD fb pages and he's not friends with him. Only I could find was in NY and that's not the one.

The only Facebook that I can find for DP is completely private with the frustrating "no more posts to show" on the wall. The one you were able to previously view, did it have as it's profile pick a young man, wearing a white tank top, leaning over, hugging another guy?

Now I can't recall what the photo was but it was him for sure, said he lived in Waterville and Trista was a friend on the page. Can't find her now either...

I tried to catch up on reading, I am missing the article where the names of her parents were released, or was that in the presser? TIA.

When my kids were babies they would and could sleep from 7 to 7, or 9 to 9. Now I would check on them, before bed, and during the night if I got up to use the bathroom. Even at 4 and 6, they can still sleep 12 hour nights, and I still check on them. But I actually know a few moms that once the kids are in bed, they do not check at all. I guess its up to the parent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth