FL - Adam Kaufman on trial for the murder of wife Eleanora Kaufman, 33

There is no way of knowing if this statement is true or not , The EMTs removed a blanket from their bed and covered Lina with it going out of the home.

Scene altered.

This was brought into evidence early in the trial. If you asking for facts or opinions, that's fine but to speculate there is no way to know if something is true - just isn't true. TWO firefighters testified to the fact only one side of the bed had been 'disturbed' as if one person had been sleeping in it. To discount nearly everyone's testimony from the state isn't seeking facts but rather looking to discredit them simply because it doesn't support your opinion? I mean, are you thinking it's some huge conspiracy theory or what? If so, I need not bother answering the questions you're asking me as there is no value in it.

"Direct pressure by someONE or someTHING", I think was the exact quote used.. Because AK was the only adult in the house at the time and there is no evidence to support an intruder or a random snake that crawled around her neck, the only way those injuries could have occurred is if the victim strangled herself or AK choked the life out of her.

IMO the testimony in court allows some question on this issue. Adam says he was the only one in the house . Adam didnt let the EMTs in someone else did. So someone was there ,question about how they knew when to arrive etc. How they got in .

Nothing to prove he was alone in the house and things that point to he might not of been.

I am usually on the side of the Prosecutor, but I have to admit. Watching this trial has shown me how many innocent men and women might be in Prison!! Not one shred of evidence has been shown that he murdered his wife!! He even passed a polygraph and we all know they are useful to the Police!! Now we have the Jurors wanting to know if he has had an animal to die?? The marks on her neck could have come from her scratching at her throat. When she was feeling her air way closing off. After watching the Dr's on the Defence Team spell it all out. There is no way that I could convict this man. I just wished HLN would stay with it so we could watch the Jury come back with a verdict!! Mr. kaufman did not do this and hopefully the verdict is innocent!! JMO

Kudos to You!!!!!! Great first post and happy to have you here! I totally agree with everything you said.

This was brought into evidence early in the trial. If you asking for facts or opinions, that's fine but to speculate there is no way to know if something is true - just isn't true. TWO firefighters testified to the fact only one side of the bed had been 'disturbed' as if one person had been sleeping in it. To discount nearly everyone's testimony from the state isn't seeking facts but rather looking to discredit them simply because it doesn't support your opinion? I mean, are you thinking it's some huge conspiracy theory or what? If so, I need not bother answering the questions you're asking me as there is no value in it.

The fact is . The scene is altered .

I am not trying to look for any conspiracy and I have no verdict picked over the other one. I am not dicounting everyone from the state I am just looking for Facts that stand up. I didnt mean to make you feel I was attacking your opinion ,that isnt what I intended .

I appreciate you answering the questions I asked. I didnt mean to make you feel like I was picking your post out. So I am sorry for that.

Thanks and Howdy!
Did not follow to any extreme, but did he have a girlfriend or fool around?

If he did, to me he sounded over the top on the 911 call!

Howdy!

There was no testimony about a girlfriend before Lina died. And, being a true crime aficionado, I've heard lots of 911 calls. I agree with you that Adam seemed over over-the-top on his 911 call. He seems well controlled in the courtroom. I sensed that he already knew Lina was dead. He said she was cold. He didn't seem to focus on what to do to help her on the call. Just a lot of screaming OMG. Of course, we don't know how we would react to the same situation. Every one's different. But the 911 call made my red flag go up immediately....

IMO the testimony in court allows some question on this issue. Adam says he was the only one in the house . Adam didnt let the EMTs in someone else did. So someone was there ,question about how they knew when to arrive etc. How they got in .

Nothing to prove he was alone in the house and things that point to he might not of been.

uh, yeah, he wasn't alone by the time the first responders arrived. Amid his panic & confusion, he managed to call his brother & fiance' (now his wife) PRIOR to calling 911. Another red flag.

The fact is . The scene is altered .

I am not trying to look for any conspiracy and I have no verdict picked over the other one. I am not dicounting everyone from the state I am just looking for Facts that stand up. I didnt mean to make you feel I was attacking your opinion ,that isnt what I intended .

I appreciate you answering the questions I asked. I didnt mean to make you feel like I was picking your post out. So I am sorry for that.

Well you and I will just have to disagree on what 'stands up' as I am relying on the testimony of the first ones to arrive, render aid & observe the 'crime scene'. And of course, the testimony of the expert witnesses for the state. I can not discount all of their testimony simply because there is no solid motive in this case. The state doesn't have to prove motive. It's not a requirement.

No I don't think there was any evidence of an affair presented at trial but those who have followed it every day on Tru TV can correct me if I'm wrong.

He did go out with a woman a month after Lina's death.

HTH

You are correct.

The person he went on a date with said that he was emotionally unavailable and his family had to drag him out of the house to get him to go. I took it as more like a friend date, not a romantic type situation.

Hello...I am a new poster....it seems you guys have manners...not like other threads that I have been on.....this is the first case that I have followed that I can't decide what to believe. Has there not been testimony somewhere that an older woman opened the door? Am I right? Surely that would be an easily answered question?

Looking forward to chatting with you!

Good to have you here, Sandra!

I believe the woman that was seen with the children a while after the EMTs arrived was Adam's brother's fiance (who is now his wife).

How many of the jurors have to agree to get the verdict?

I think they are conflicted which is why I think they asked for the 911 tape and transcripts .

Good to have you here, Sandra!

I believe the woman that was seen with the children a while after the EMTs arrived was Adam's brother's fiance (who is now his wife).

I thought they said an'' older woman came to the door' during closing today. I thought it was Adams G/F too but then the S.A used the descriptive older and confused me.

I think they are conflicted which is why I think they asked for the 911 tape and transcripts .

My hope for a guilty verdict was all but shot down when the jurors asked about the family pets dying..

My hope for a guilty verdict was all but shot down when the jurors asked about the family pets dying..

But why would they ask if they thought he was innocent?

wouldn't they just say not guilty, not look for a reason she died?

On In Session today it was said that all 12 jurors have to agree to get a verdict. I've wanted to see the autopsy photos. At the beginning of the State's closing argument, the prosecutor told the jurors to look at all the bruises and injuries on Lina's body. If she looked battered and black & blue, the jury might give heavy weight to it and convict Adam. It was said that Lina looked perfectly normal the day before her death. None of us have seen pictures of her dead body. It will be interesting to know how this comes out.

That was a crazy question. Almost like they decided not to believe any expert and find a different COD.

If Lina wasn't breathing when he called 911 and wasn't breathing when he called the family over... she was dead and he knew it. Instinct would tell someone to call 911 immediately. Huge red flag. Also, the 911 call was over the top, IMHO.

I used to have a link to an FBI article on judging innocence or guilt by the 911 call. It's gone now or I have to hunt it down again. It mentioned a number of things I heard in the call.

If family arrived prior to the EMT's as by the fact that an older woman opened the door (his or Lina's mother?), it meant that they came while he was on the call. Did someone have a key to let themselves in? Did Adam have to let them in?

If Lina wasn't breathing when he called 911 and wasn't breathing when he called the family over... she was dead and he knew it. Instinct would tell someone to call 911 immediately. Huge red flag. Also, the 911 call was over the top, IMHO.

You're soooo right!! I have been in that situation where I called 911 immediately, THEN told the family that EMS was coming. It is an automatic reaction to call 911.

But why would they ask if they thought he was innocent?

wouldn't they just say not guilty, not look for a reason she died?

Makes it feel like they have to have another reason to be able to say it isnt murder. So they think the state didnt prove the case but they cant figure out what happened so they think if they dont find another reason he must be quilty?

I hope not as that would mean the jury didnt understand what they are supposed to be doing.

I think they have one person who is holding out from the rest of them. I think that why the wanted the 911 call to show the person something to prove their opinion. The chart as well.

As to which way it will go I dunno.

The dead pets question made me believe it is one person holding out and I think the holdout might be the not guilty vote soley based on that question. Surely a whole group would not want the answer to that question so it sounds like a ok we will ask if it will make you happy.

I thought the chart was an interesting thing for them to ask for to bad they couldnt have it. We might of had our verdict already. I thought it showed we had a good jury . Then the pet question..umm..

What would you guys ask for .
I would ask for autopsy and a dictionary. (can we have those?)

I used to have a link to an FBI article on judging innocence or guilt by the 911 call. It's gone now or I have to hunt it down again. It mentioned a number of things I heard in the call.

If family arrived prior to the EMT's as by the fact that an older woman opened the door (his or Lina's mother?), it meant that they came while he was on the call. Did someone have a key to let themselves in? Did Adam have to let them in?

Or were they there all night? I think the issue should have been explored more but it wasnt so that makes me think it might have been lina's mother and that might be why she sided with Adam.But who knows .

How old were the kids? Could they have went to get them? or called? Also if Adam was alone where were the kids?

In my opinion AK is guilty and I have no doubt about it. Some of the reasons I feel this way are:
The 911 call, a lot of acting imo and I am pretty sure he said he was downstairs at the very beginning of it.
The marks on her neck, there is no way to me that they got there from the magazine basket. I think they looked like claw marks where she was trying to get his hands or arm off of her neck. Could be her way of telling that this was no accident.
The heart condition was never proven to me. As I under stood it, the cutting of the heart was the size of a postage stamp. Then that piece was sliced into mm's. There was one scar that showed up and that same scar ran through all the slices, not lots of scarring. Just layers of the same scar. It was even mentioned that having a scar in the heart is not life threatening and lots of people have scars in their heart. Nope the heart condition just isn't there including congestive heart failure and whatever else was thrown out there.
The bloody froth coming from her mouth, I believe came from the broken blood vessels from the pressure of the strangulation. The blood mixed with the liquid from her lungs and made the bloody froth.
I guess the short way to say all this is I believe the state's ME's.
I think he got very angry and his anger resulted in the death of his wife.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313
Back