GUILTY WA - Six Anderson family members slain in Carnation home, 24 Dec 2007

Why do you think that? When this first came to light and it stated there were two suspect I immediately thought the team would consist of a male and female.

I see many women becoming meaner than a junk yard dog and are doing the most heinous crimes imaginable. I no longer think it is just the male that is capable of inflicting horror like this. In fact it wouldnt surprise me at all if this was her idea and she got her boyfriend to help her.

I hope they are both charged equally and the death penalty is applied to both.

imoo

Why do I think that? Because that's what I felt at the time! In MY experiences it seems I've read the boyfriend has been the murderer when two are involved. Maybe crime stats will prove me wrong, but that's what I remember most. Yes, I realize there have been evil women killers. That's why I said nothing would surprise me it the daughter did do the killings in this case.

I also bolded the part that you wrote because I also felt she probably brought the bf in on this with her. Together they apparently whipped each other into a killing frenzy.

From SuziQ's link to the Probable Cause Statement:

According to McEnroe's statement he shot:
Wayne - 2nd
Judith - 1st
Scott
Erika
Olivia
Nathan

Joe stated Michele shot:
Wayne - 1st
Scott
Erika
The statement says: The shots Joe fired killed Scott and Erika, or at a minimum contributed to their death as Michele had shot them as well.

Michele's statement says:
Michele stated she and Joe killed her parents, she killed Scott and Erika, and Joe killed the children. (Note-her statement was not as specific as Joe's statement was.)

I think it's interesting, on a psychological level, that Michele shot her dad FIRST. Joe doesn't mention Michele killing her mom, but Michele states she and Joe killed her parents. Notice she didn't shoot the children. (Who knows how accurate those statements are, I know.)

In this instance both the male and female took an active part in the murders, as it was her parents and her family I think she initiated it, it was she who wanted her parents dead, the others according to the confession were eliminated because they were witnesses after the fact to the parents murders,

From SuziQ's link to the Probable Cause Statement:

According to McEnroe's statement he shot:
Wayne - 2nd
Judith - 1st
Scott
Erika
Olivia
Nathan

Joe stated Michele shot:
Wayne - 1st
Scott
Erika
The statement says: The shots Joe fired killed Scott and Erika, or at a minimum contributed to their death as Michele had shot them as well.

Michele's statement says:
Michele stated she and Joe killed her parents, she killed Scott and Erika, and Joe killed the children. (Note-her statement was not as specific as Joe's statement was.)

I think it's interesting, on a psychological level, that Michele shot her dad FIRST. Joe doesn't mention Michele killing her mom, but Michele states she and Joe killed her parents. Notice she didn't shoot the children. (Who knows how accurate those statements are, I know.)

Hi TM:blowkiss: . From what I have read she had threatend to kill her father and he had cut her out of his will. I had figured the boyfriend shot the kids too and it seems he did. This poor family shot dead like this on Christmas eve, and to shoot those two adorable kids. I can't even post how I would describe these two scumbags, I would be banned for sure.

Here is a link to an interesting article that gives a human side to the victims. Judy Anderson loved to garden and grew apples and tomatoes, for example. It also gives some information about jealousy that Michele felt. Judy Anderson and her eldest daughter Victoria were very close and spoke on the phone 3 or 4 times daily. Apparently Michele felt "left out" and alienated.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/345139_carnation28.html

The article also gives a brief history on how Michele and Joe met. They met online 6 years ago. Joe's mother blames Michele for the crimes as well as creating a rift in her relationship with her son.

Scott Anderson was a construction worker and his wife Erica a stay-at-home mom. So very sad for all of the victims...Scott and his sister Michele were close in their younger years. He and his family were wiped out because they were potential witnesses.

Several reports state the children were shot last. They had to have known what was coming, they had to have been crying. What kind of evil enables someone to be able to hold a gun to a crying childs head and pull the trigger?

On Christmas Eve, no less!

SuziQ, sometimes you scare me! You must be inside my head!!! You are my sister.....our parents just never clued us in! :blowkiss: My biggest problem with this cespool of evil is the murder of the children. Those A-holes could have walked away and left the children alive! :furious: But no....Mr. Big-time-what-ever-the-F-he-was has to put a bullet in them. I would have to ask forgiveness for my own soul if I expressed what I thought was fair punishment. Little self-centered (and maybe spoiled???) - wait. I just had an epiphany when I typed that part about being "spoiled". Maybe drug-addiction ........ People begin to be needy. They think they have rights. They don't of course - people have "rights" to BASIC things, like air.....other wise, they have to get off their lazy azz and EARN it!!!! Sorry guys, this story hits close to home right now.. more latter.

When people become addicted to drugs, their need for drugs is as real as their need for basic things like food, water and air to breathe.

Well, it almost seems from all the articles that Michele had wanted to kill her father and that Joe wanted to leave no witnesses. Do you think or has it been said that Michele really wanted Joe to do that to her niece and nephew? Was she expecting him to do that?

Reannan, or we need more tinfoil on our hats. I'm beginning to think this wasn't about money but more about pure hate. The 's were going to run to Canada. You wouldn't do that if you wanted to hang around and collect the money. It was going to be obvious who did this, so why did they come back?

Maybe they decided it would be obvious they did it if they ran, so they decided to come strolling in as if innocently visiting for Christmas.

I bet you are right Steadfast. They stupidly thought they could walk in and "act suprised" and get away with multiple homicides. Stupid people. I wonder who made the 911 call? It had to be Scott or Erika because I doubt the kids would have been old enough. Then again, if little Olivia or even Nathan new how to dial 911, that may explain why no one said anything - they were just too scared. The screaming in the background that the dispatcher heard could have been Michele yelling because Scott's family had now been pulled into the situation and it was all unravelling faster than she could ever have dreamed possible. If Michelle knew that her parents had written her out of the will, then the motive has to be anger; because she wasn't going to benefit financially from their deaths. If she did not know about the will, then she may have thought she could collect her inheritance and enjoy a long weekend somewhere with it. She is a stupid, evil bitQh anyway you look at it. As for Joe, he shot the kids, so there are no words in the English language adequate for describing the kind of he is.

Maybe they decided it would be obvious they did it if they ran, so they decided to come strolling in as if innocently visiting for Christmas.

Your on to something steadfast. I've thought about it too. They probably thought they could react like they had no idea what was going on probably saying "how could someone do this".

Here is a link to an interesting article that gives a human side to the victims. Judy Anderson loved to garden and grew apples and tomatoes, for example. It also gives some information about jealousy that Michele felt. Judy Anderson and her eldest daughter Victoria were very close and spoke on the phone 3 or 4 times daily. Apparently Michele felt "left out" and alienated.

The article also gives a brief history on how Michele and Joe met. They met online 6 years ago. Joe's mother blames Michele for the crimes as well as creating a rift in her relationship with her son.

Scott Anderson was a construction worker and his wife Erica a stay-at-home mom. So very sad for all of the victims...Scott and his sister Michele were close in their younger years. He and his family were wiped out because they were potential witnesses.
They had to know before they went in there to kill that the family with the children was there. So I'm not sure I believe that about "potential witnesses." She obviously hated her family as only a heartless sociopath/narcissist can.

I don't like it that the guy's mother blamed Michele for what he did - shame on her. Your grown boy needs to take some responsiblity, Mom.

:behindbar :behindbar

(snip)
If Michele Anderson and Joseph McEnroe, both 29, are charged with aggravated murder, Prosecutor Dan Satterberg would have to decide whether to seek the death penalty.

A news conference announcing the charges is scheduled for 10:30 a.m.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/14937951/detail.html

They had to know before they went in there to kill that the family with the children was there. So I'm not sure I believe that about "potential witnesses." She obviously hated her family as only a heartless sociopath/narcissist can.

I don't like it that the guy's mother blamed Michele for what he did - shame on her. Your grown boy needs to take some responsiblity, Mom.

:behindbar :behindbar

Apparently, Michele and Joe killed her parents, drug their bodies to an outside shed, and it was then that her brother and his family arrived. So I'm assuming her brother and his family saw or heard something upon their arrival.

I too don't like family members who cast responsibilty for their offspring's crimes onto others. I do think Michele harbored deep-seated feelings of hatred and jealousy for her parents and she probably convinced Joe they should be murdered. But he was weak-minded and stupid for making her fantasy a reality.

I think this murder would be a great story for Ann Rule. She likes to write about crime in Washington state and the Northwest. I would like an author of her caliber to delve into the psychology of the perpetrators.

Interesting the the probable cause statement says they both went to the home with the intent "to kill the parents". Did they know her brother and his family would be showing up? Maybe, since it was Christmas Eve. Did Michele want them all dead, including the children? Maybe the yelling was about everyone else being killed.

I think stories will change when Joe and Michele get with their lawyers. Although it's not really going to change anything, IMO....

Did anyone catch the news conference?

Good morning Taxi! It will be at 10:30am Pacific Time. In about an hour and 15 minutes. I just found a link to a live feed.

Prosecutors will announce formal charges in the Carnation killings at 10:30 a.m. Watch live coverage on NorthWest Cable News or click back here for live streaming video.

http://www.king5.com/

If it's 1030 Seattle time, there's still an hour and fifteen minutes until it starts. This whole thing makes me so sick. I can't find the words.

Jinx SuziQ!

I just broke down at the picture of their dear, chubby dog being led away. It’s eyes look so sad.

I love that dog! To me, it looks pi$$ed, not sad -- like "I WILL get justice. " The caption said it was being taken away by an animal control worker. I sure hope the other daughter will take it. But I wouldn't be surprised if they already have many offers to give this dog a new home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back