***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "out there" theories have actually made me post less in here and I would bet it is the same for some others. I obviously don't mean to disrespect anyone's opinion, but I guess certain discussions interest different people and the statistically likely options just tend to interest me more than some of the more creative options for what happened to her. I still peep in every now and then to offer positive thoughts for Mickey though!
I also understand why the conversations have gotten pretty creative at points. This is probably the least I have personally ever seen to go on in a case. Like, in Lauren's case we have what feels like 20 different POIs and only two main routes of interest. Mickey? One VOI that the family and LE don't seem to care that much about finding and a bike in water.

Serial killers tend to leave bodies where they lay, when they are finished with them, or drop them along the roads, in many cases. People with a link to the victim are more likely, IMO, to hide the bodies where they cannot be found. None of the "petite blonds" have been found. I do not believe they are the work of a serial. And it is JMO...

Some have left them, some have buried them (quite a few), some have dismembered them and thrown them in water...some have kept them for long periods of time before becoming bored and doing any one of the before mentioned. Some of used different weapons, different cars, bikes, different states, some have never been caught and killed hundreds...because of narrow thinking and pegging their crimes into one town, state or MO.

Serial killers tend to leave bodies where they lay, when they are finished with them, or drop them along the roads, in many cases. People with a link to the victim are more likely, IMO, to hide the bodies where they cannot be found. None of the "petite blonds" have been found. I do not believe they are the work of a serial. And it is JMO...

'cluciano63, the only thing that I feel is important/consistent is the petite blondes size'. I feel that they are also unrelated except that most were abducted by sexual predators..some stalked & some victims of opportunity..
I am also very confident that the majority, if not all are drug/meth related, either directly or indirectly.

All serial killers do not dump their victims & leave them where they lay. Many are forensically aware and will go to great lengths to delay or prevent detection & identification. Many have burial grounds to revisit their victims due to necrophilia and reliving their crimes..

FYI: Necrophilia is prevalent among morticians & many funeral home employees. It is seldom reported to LE due to the obvious ramifications. There are many documented cases..

I think that Mickey was a victim of a random criminal opportunity abduction. I think she was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and someone came upon her when she was most vulnerable, and overpowered her quickly, no muss, no fuss.

I was at my 20 yr old DD's apartment recently with 4 of her friends. I forced them to review a few of these cases because they all ride their bikes to school and back and sometimes ride home alone after dark. They felt pretty safe but I worked hard to shatter that illusion of invulnerability. They promised to not ride all alone late at night and to call each other if they need someone to pick them up if it is late.

Want to clarify about the psychics thing without bringing up anything about a case.
Sometimes,they are allowing their minds to wander,and to wander as far, far out there as they can imagine. MOO
A misinterpretation could trigger a thought process in someone else that leads to an important clue that had nothing to do with the psychic's scenario. MOO grokking.
not making a case for psychics here.

That's sad! I wish there was something we could do! I dunno the local media there but would emailing them help spark some interest refresh people's memories someone might remember something! So frustrating!!! Haha had my last exam last week on holidays ATM and not working tomorrow so can sleep in a bit phew!

i tried emailing one of the baton rouge news channels about 2 weeks ago and didn't get a response. i was hoping to get people talking again and baton rouge really needs flyers.

Part of the reason we know about serial killers is because their victims are found, and often in the same type of place, laid out in the same way, etc...or all in one group, such as the 13 women found here in NM, altogether. (They were all local women, BTW.)

In most of the serials I have learned or read about, the victims were found, even if in the woods, not buried, just dumped. Even Morgan's case seems to be this way. The other women all remain "unfound", leading ME to believe they were specifically hidden someplace so that the perp could go about his normal life, locally to the area where the crime took place.

Not thinking something is likely is not the same as "ruling it out" anyway.

JMO

I've called, emailed, wished, hoped, called and emailed again! All I get---IF I get an answer at all---LE has nothing new to add. SO frustrating.

I used to think that, too. I hope you are right! It's dragging out so long, that I am beginning to believe they really have no clues left to follow.....if they had any idea of who had taken Mickey, I think some sort of move would have been made already. Hope I am wrong.

I felt very strongly last week that Mickey was still alive and coming home; I woke up every morning anticipating hearing the news that she had been found. This week, I HOPE that is true, but my feelings are more along the lines of sadness and a total lack of anticipation.

if Friday comes and goes with no new news, my feelings will be right there with you. <modsnip>

Part of the reason we know about serial killers is because their victims are found, and often in the same type of place, laid out in the same way, etc...or all in one group, such as the 13 women found here in NM, altogether. (They were all local women, BTW.)

In most of the serials I have learned or read about, the victims were found, even if in the woods, not buried, just dumped. Even Morgan's case seems to be this way. The other women all remain "unfound", leading ME to believe they were specifically hidden someplace so that the perp could go about his normal life, locally to the area where the crime took place.

Not thinking something is likely is not the same as "ruling it out" anyway.

JMO

I think that if the perp was just traveling through Lafayette, and happened upon her, he probably would have left her somewhere on the road out of town, maybe near the bike disposal. But I agree that she would have probably been found in a ditch or a shallow culvert or the woods. It would have been more of a Dump and Go scenario so he could get out of town.

But since it appears as though the perp took some care and some effort to hide her more carefully, and the bike disposal site is known mostly to locals, I think it was likely done by a local sicko that happened upon her by accident and took advantage of a girl out alone at 2 am. JMO

"A private investigator hired by the family of Michaela "Mickey" Shunick said he is encouraged by clues in the case, and suggests that two individuals may have been involved in the Lafayette woman's disappearance."

"Abdella also says he has been given items thought to have been with Shunick the night she vanished...I'm in the process of establishing if they are, in fact, hers. We don't know yet".

http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...nclick_check=1

What ever has come of this? This was back on June 8th....nearly a month ago now! Yet nothing more has been said. No descriptions of the two possible suspects has ever been given and no confirmation has been given of if the items given to him were Mickey's.

"A private investigator hired by the family of Michaela "Mickey" Shunick said he is encouraged by clues in the case, and suggests that two individuals may have been involved in the Lafayette woman's disappearance."

"Abdella also says he has been given items thought to have been with Shunick the night she vanished...I'm in the process of establishing if they are, in fact, hers. We don't know yet".

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...opnews|text|FRONTPAGE&gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

What ever has come of this? This was back on June 8th....nearly a month ago now! Yet nothing more has been said. No descriptions of the two possible suspects has ever been given and no confirmation has been given of if the items given to him were Mickey's.

Good question!

ok, so if all we've got is a white 4 door chevy Z71 with black handles, what should we do when we see a truck that qualifies, has all those features? i've seen 4 that definitely qualify. one today on LA1 South heading towards plaquemine. should we try to get their plate number?? LE didn't ask us to, and quite frankly, i'm not so sure that they give a darn about the white truck anymore.

Good question!

he was obviously silenced. within a period of about 2 weeks everyone seemed to go silent. within this time frame the family asked ACI to step down and they then declined to do the radio interview.

ok, so if all we've got is a white 4 door chevy Z71 with black handles, what should we do when we see a truck that qualifies, has all those features?

You have a few options. First, you can go directly home and mail a donation to a charity. Second, you could go to the Red Cross and donate blood. Third, you could go to the Salvation Army or some local volunteer center and see if they need a hand.

You have a few options. First, you can go directly home and mail a donation to a charity. Second, you could go to the Red Cross and donate blood. Third, you could go to the Salvation Army or some local volunteer center and see if they need a hand.

I've done number one and three recently. I can't donate blood because I'm nursing an infant on demand and exclusively, so my iron stores are low.

So now what? I guess I'll keep gardening and raising all these darn children and say to heck with the white truck.

This made me laugh....but I am not sure it was supposed to...?

ok, so if all we've got is a white 4 door chevy Z71 with black handles, what should we do when we see a truck that qualifies, has all those features? i've seen 4 that definitely qualify. one today on LA1 South heading towards plaquemine. should we try to get their plate number?? LE didn't ask us to, and quite frankly, i'm not so sure that they give a darn about the white truck anymore.

Try to get some identifying information about the truck or driver? Location. Then call/email the tip to LE. Somewhere two threads ago, someone posted that they were still stopping Z71's in Lafayette, her husband or friend included..so hopefully they will follow up on every tip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado