TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was at a friends house wasn't he? They said he had been staying at a friends house, IIRC.

Are you talking about Haileys brother, and is he older or younger than Hailey?Question ..Has he been removed from the house completely by authorities?

Sorry I don't know too much about all the players in this case..I had surgery on the 29th last month and have not followed this case from the beginning and since these threads move so fast I so find it hard to keep up I am not really up to knowledge on what all is going on..

When CD was on Nancy Grace she was asking about HD telling her grandma about SA watching her by her door , but NG also through in what grandma thought SA did to HD. And her thoughts was SA raped and murdered HD. When CD responded with " I didn't want to hear it" I think he was talking about him not wanting to hear what grandma thought.
Hope this makes sense.

It does..and I even got the impression that maybe she didn't tell him about it until after Hailey disappeared. I'm sure she wishes she could change everything about that conversation with Hailey...Even thinking about it is going to be mighty tough to live with..

Question for anyone:
Was the younger child seen on the videos with Hailey at the stores on Sunday? I have not seen that mentioned. If so I would think that Sunday was the day that the hair dresser saw them instead of Monday....????

Not sure if this was posted....

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/jan/20/police-use-cadaver-dogs-to-search-landfills-for/

Kampfer would not confirm the "Nancy Grace" reports, saying investigators have released no information pertaining to hits on a body or evidence at any landfill relating to Hailey Dunn.

Kampfer said there were hits at the Allied Waste Services landfill in Abilene during a search last Thursday and Friday.

"Cadaver dogs will hit on things like blood," he said. "It may or may not be related to the case."

Lordy, there are actually 2 mysteries here:

1. WHERE is Hailey???
2. WHY does Mr. Kampfer appear to be unable to make a statement or
answer a question without contradicting himself???

Aaarrrggggghhh!

Nope, does not say that on there anywhere.

Later, she said that she had taken an anti-anxiety medication to alleviate the stress of the situation.

http://www.reporternews.com/photos/...affidavit-search-dunns-phone/23333/?enlarge=1

This article is just wrong, misleading and poorly written.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/12/inconsistenciesstrange-145hobbies/

n Billie Jean Dunn volunteered to take a polygraph test on two occasions. On the first attempt, she was found to be under the influence of narcotics and was prohibited from taking the test. Later, she said that she had taken an anti-anxiety medication to alleviate the stress of the situation.

Hi Dr. Fessel. I thought I heard on NG she took one and didn't pass. Same with SA. Is that true or not?

Are you talking about Haileys brother, and is he older or younger than Hailey?Question ..Has he been removed from the house completely by authorities?

Sorry I don't know too much about all the players in this case..I had surgery on the 29th last month and have not followed this case from the beginning and since these threads move so fast I so find it hard to keep up I am not really up to knowledge on what all is going on..

Hi EMMMMMMMMMM, Hope your feeling ok! I was talking about her older brother, I thought I remembered something from the NG transcripts about what he was doing Tuesday......but I can't find it. We have't heard anything since BD said she let him go stay with his uncle.

I don't think that we heard all the 911 calls from that day anyway..so if that's true, there's no telling what's on the rest. The officer that was making comments in the background said something to the effect of 'they had been dealing with those 2 all day'...so, I *assume* there should be more calls...

I don't remember reading in MSM that Clint moved because of a section 8 violation. I think that's what Billie's friend told us. When I search Google, I get links to WS and Topix forums. Anyone got a link or remember where I can look to verify this was the reason for his move?

I can imagine other good reasons he might want to move his family (or LE might encourage it), so I want to assure myself that it's a fact that he and family were evicted when his daughter had just gone missing.

TIA!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't have a quote, but on FB they were taking up a donation for household items for him N. and the kids.

Also he wasn't supposed to be living there that is violation #1 the second one is the drugs. BOTH are reasons to be kicked off, but the first can result in federal fraud charges.
My sympathies are with Clint in case anyone thinks otherwise :)

Hailey's brother is older (16) and is living with an uncle I believe by a mutual agreement with the mother and CPS.

Does anyone know if LE is required to have a parent present when questioning someone 16 years old as a witness in a possible criminal case? Would he still be considered a minor in this context under Texas law (not sure if it varies by state)?

I hope that DD has been encouraged by his family to tell LE everything he remembers/knows, no matter what. It would be great for him to be instrumental in finding Hailey; he's gotta be carrying a heavy load since Hailey went missing...

Not sleuthing a minor, I promise. Just curious about the laws since DD made statements in MSM early on that were probably helpful to LE...

Good question. In Wyoming, and it differs from state to state, a child can be questioned not in the presence of a parent in an "on the scene" situation. So police show up, the crime scene is still fresh, no parents are around they can question a minor or parents are being questioned by another officer. But to bring them in later for questioning, they must receive parental permission. The child can, however, decline to be questioned. Law Enforcement can supersede parental permission through a court order at which time a GAL is usually appointed for the child and the child can still refuse to answer questions. Some states never allow a child to be questioned ever, without a parent present or without their permission. I don't know if Texas is one of those states.

It does..and I even got the impression that maybe she didn't tell him about it until after Hailey disappeared. I'm sure she wishes she could change everything about that conversation with Hailey...Even thinking about it is going to be mighty tough to live with..

She said Hailey told her she was afraid of SA when she was 11, and when asked what CD's reaction was she said she couldn't remember. IMO, she was saying she told him back when she claims Hailey told her 2 years ago.......

and immediately after being informed that Shawn had just failed his test.
Dunn took the test, which indicated deception related to questions of "participation in the disappearance of Hailey Dunn." After the examination, Dunn was given a chance to explain her results — and could not. She walked out of the interview
nearly ten hours later, at midnight.

At the time, she had so much faith in the test that she asked him to move out of her house, then when she failed herself, she "didn't know what to think"

I find it very hard to believe that dogs will hit on any blood they find, what would be the purpose of even taking them to a landfill?

I wonder if the dogs that got a "hit" were not really pros at their job, so they brought in the real dogs yesterday and those dogs did not hit on anything? They sure left quickly enough.

Hi Dr. Fessel. I thought I heard on NG she took one and didn't pass. Same with SA. Is that true or not?
Yes, she took one and failed it on a question something like did you help in anyway with the disappearance of Haliey.

Memphis- be careful how much credence you put in that affidavit. CD already responded to the New Year's Eve party. He said on NG there was no party. I guess if two people come over to your house- that somehow makes it a party?

he did? do you remember what day that was on by any chance. I thought Clint said he didn't know about the party...either way?

So where did BD and SA hang out in the house if HD is sleeping on the couch?
I don't find it sinister, I find it odd. I don't know any 13 year olds that sleep in the living room if they have a room of their own.

My son is 12..

He has his own room..

bunk beds that are very comfy..desk, etc..

27 inch tv, stereo, xbox, computer, wii, hand held video game , i think its ps2? or something lol..anyhoo, he has everything his heart desires..( he makes staright a's) so I tend to spoil him a lil lol

anyhoo, weekedays he will sleep in his room..

but come the weekend? he is downstairs in the family room sleeping on the sofa..

Me thinks, he likes to be close to the fridge as I belive he has a bottomless pit for a stomache lol

I dunno, heck, some times i sleep on the sofa, but then I fall alseep whilst watching movies? lol

Im still praying for Hailey

my message to BD:

welcome the abc affiliate back into your fold. Any and every worthy reporter will use the FOIA to obtain what they can when reporting on a case. You are missing valuable face time with GMA and other national network shows that can feature your daughter.

Also consider calling the cbs early show to get her face out and do an interview since you are still working with KTAB...a cbs affiliate.

MOO

(((and might I also add.... snubbing of a media outlet looks bad as well especially when concerning legal documents in this case)))

THANK YOU EVERYONE

Because of your generous donations the searchers looking for Hailey from KlaasKids and Laura Recovery will have plenty of food for their search on Saturday.

Our own Kat will take care of all the food on Sunday.

Thanks again everyone. You are the best.

Tricia

Just for a different angle, even knowing how strange SA has been, has it been considered that maybe Hailey DID tell him that she was going to stay at MB's, but that she wasn't telling him the truth? Wouldn't be the first time a teenager lied about what they were doing or where they were going........just a thought.

jmo

I have had the same thought, but I think she would only make up a cover story, like going to MB's, if she planned to go meet up with a boy or go to a party with older kids or something. And three things make me doubt that happened.

1. She wouldn't leave the house in blue sweat pants and a t-shirt if she were going out for the evening. She is 13. She would have cute outfit on.

2.No one saw her.

3. Nobody communicated with her. If she had some other plans there would be evidence of texts or calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288