TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking a lot about this case. There is a very large reward and I'm sure if anyone had the slightest inkling that they knew who did this they would call the TBI or the FBI.

I think this kidnapper is a complete loner with no friends. He probably lives alone somewhere in the backwoods around that area. He probably doesn't have a regular job but makes a living by maybe being a handyman a hunting or fishing guide, raising and selling livestock, raising and selling vegetables, repairing fences, cleaning gutters and windows or some such job that he can do when he wants to work. He could even be a veteran on full disability or someone who draws disability from a job related injury or for health reasons.

He may have never met HB but could have seen her and followed her home to find out where she lived. She is a beautiful woman and would attract attention wherever she went.

I don't think he lives too far from the area but far enough to be unknown by the people who live around the victim's family residence.

I check on the holly bobo case daily, and have for the past month...
I am in Louisiana, but was born in Martin, TN. My dad also graduated from ut at Martin. That's what first drew me to the article about her abduction. This is horrible that their are such evil people among us! Who in their right mind could do something so terrible? I'll tell ya who! An egotistical, arrogant, son of a biscuit eater. It had to be a mental case or someone very drugged up. Still! This is sickening. I keep hoping I'll randomingly get a sense of psychicness to help bring her home! Unfortunately I don't have that gift.

I just have a few questions and I apologize ahead of time if these have been answered:

1. Have any of her friends or family posted on here?
Or any other sites that you know of/came across?
(what's this about a guy defending himmself on b.o.c)

2. Has anyone started a timeline? If so, where to find it?

Thanks,

Jay Bird

I don't recall anything about Holly except for the press releases on the TBI site.

Her poster is still on the FBI site; the height and weight estimates have not been changed there to match the TBI estimates, which were upped a few weeks back.

So far as I know, she was never posted on the TBI site, only the FBI site. The TBI site searches have always only returned the media releases for me.

2. Has anyone started a timeline? If so, where to find it?

Thanks,

Jay Bird

I started one lol. I'm unable to put one together without inserting speculation though. You're welcome to use whatever you might find useful with what I've got so far.

The link to the timeline info I've collected so far is on here:
http://casesignal.wordpress.com/holly-bobo/

I agree, 10EC. The way he desposited items shows inexperience.

LE likely is keeping the second item under wraps in hope for when they do get a POI they can verify that he is their guy if he says something about the item during the interrogation process.

I sure hope they can find Holly and in the process hope people won't forget her.

Or it could have the perps DNA but is not in the database.

Maybe you're thinking of NCMEC? She's listed on there as a missing child.

http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/se...NCMA&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Thanks Bean. This must be what I was thinking of.

The TBI has not posted info on Holly's case- at least anywhere I can find.
THe FBI has:
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap
and NCMEC has:
http://missingkids.com/missingkids/...NCMA&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

To me, this means that whatever info LE has gathered regarding Holly's case, has been passed to the FBI.

JMO.

I'm not sure about this. I read local reports on FB that said people have called tips to the FBI and they were told to call the TBI number instead. I'm not sure if that means anything?

MOO!

I have followed this case since day "One!" I have read almost every post, both here, and there. I firmly believe this is the work of one individual. If you go back to my first post on WS and read it, I have not strayed far from it. I work from home and I remember clearly the news coming on with a breaking strory that morning. I was horrified that a person could be in their own driveway (carport), beginning their day and be snatched from the face of the earth, and nobody knows anything? This is BS! Maybe, maybe not, come to think of it.

I live in a suburb of Nashville, my backyard, and driveway, are located in a very wooded area. If I went out to my car one morning and someone was waiting for me, I would effing freeze in my tracks and be speechless too! What do you say? What do you do? I never had my gun loaded just walking to my car before this, I do now! No one would have seen me being abducted, and I mean no one! I am changed and rearranged...

I work second shift as well, 3:30PM till 12:00 AM. I live alone, my children are grown and gone. I talk to my friends on the weekends, maybe, maybe not. There is not a person on this earth that is going to miss me if I go missing, not immediately anyway, eventually, yes of course. I have a strong suspicion that the person LE is looking for fits this profile. Hopefully, he is keeping her for his pleasure, he finally has her where he wants her. God Love Her! No one misses him because he is living his life as normally as he was before he abducted her. I firmly believe LE knows exactly who this perp is, that is why the media has been blacked out. No more searches are underway. They are just waiting for him to eff up! He took her, he put her in the trunk of the waiting car, this is when she screamed, this is the moment she knew she was in serious trouble. He throws her belongings out on the way to God knows where, it could be anywhere in the US at this point. Coon Hunt Attendee? I also have a basement apartment in my house that is totally undetectable from the street. Heck! You cannot even pull around to the front of my house and detect this! Don't worry, it is rented out and she is not there! Believe me, I have checked! I have checked a lot of things since this incident. That is what is so effing scary about this! There have got to be so many places she could be. It is going to take a lot of time to check all of this out. Patience and hope is all any of us have right now! I will believe she is somewhere alive until I hear otherwise! Hope is all I am left with at this point...

I apologize for the novel here, I just haven't posted in a while and have been thinking, hoping and praying for this to end! I honestly believe that LE cannot reveal their hand due to the fact that...Can you imagine the witch hunt that would take place? I don't believe for one minute that the locals would not be storming the perps house and trying to bring him down themselves, or worse. There is just too much emotion from the city and county! I can only pray they know who this person is, and I honestly believe they do! I can only pray they do! I know everyone here does as well...My 2 cents! Hope everyone is having a great weekend! Whew...

You can't go wrong calling in a tip to 1-800-The-Lost.
They will direct the tip where it needs to go.

I'm sure the TBI is working in conjunction with the FBI. But Holly is not on the TBI website.
She is listed with both the FBI ( as a kidnapping) and NCMEC (as a missing child.) There are no special circumstances listed with NCMEC as there usually would be for a child over the age of 18 (such as a disability, needing meds, etc.)

Why is that?

Thanks Bean. This must be what I was thinking of.

I'm not sure about this. I read local reports on FB that said people have called tips to the FBI and they were told to call the TBI number instead. I'm not sure if that means anything?

I am wondering if someone prominent in the town or a prominent persons kid is involved or possibly even a person of LE since this is such a hush hush case.

I am beginning to think this has something to do with the family. NOT that the family is involved in Holly's disappearance at all. But that the crime was committed due to something only known to the family and that LE does not want this to get out.

That's my mind-boggling thought for today.

That is something worth considering again, as it seems that the silence around the case has not been broken.

In a small town it is probably harder to keep secrets hidden. All the more reason for LE and the family to be so extremely tight lipped if it is of great importance that the information remain secret.

I think cynicism helps in being a good investigator.

I must say, I can figure out the who done its on TV. However, in real life there is not enough public information to identify a significant POI before LE.

Let me ask, how does knowing the identity of the second significant find direct your thinking to solving this case? Knowing if it was her cell phone would draw you to what direction in solving the case?

Also, may I suggest that if the perp was intentionally spreading evidence it was more from inexperience than immaturity. Why would he risk being seen? If Holly was securely hidden, why not keep the items in the same location?

Also, how was this behavior predictable?

Thanks for your help.

my opinions only, no facts here:

Good Buddy, your post is intelligent and sensible.

First, I have beaten law enforcement a few times in sleuthing cases. But a very unsatisfactory number of personal successes since they have everything and I have what little they feed to the public.

Cynicism must come first. Who can you trust when you begin a sleuth?- nobody! Not even yourself, let alone possible witnesses or associates to the criminal event or law enforcement. It is not personal, it is just that everybody must be ruled out. In the Holly Bobo case, I examined the internet record of EVERYBODY involved; I am ashamed to say how high up the chain I have investigated. Dang it, if I had the internet in the 70's it could have been so much easier...

OK, my friend, let's get down to business. Your first statement:
"I must say, I can figure out the who done its on TV. However, in real life there is not enough public information to identify a significant POI before LE.": I am speaking of those UNSOLVED cases where all of the known evidence is laid down on the line on TV. I can figure those out. Those irritating TV cases where subtle hints and ambiguously-selected details are provided to the viewer- I get another beer and change the channel. So, I am not claiming any magic powers, unless of course I could levitate a beer into my hand. Remember, the Holly Bobo case is like the bad TV crime show- all fluff and drama and no meat.

The second significant piece of evidence in the Holly Bobo case (if it exists) is important to me, and since it lies near the end of the clockwise road-trip the perpetrator has had some time to think. The professional abductor could only throw out the cell phone if they had wiped the memory and the fingerprints (improbable). So, if the second significant item were a cell phone (which I doubt), the (deficient) skills of the perpretrator would be evident. This second significant item could be anything, but depending upon what is is I could make a judgment about the perpetrator.

Regarding your next inquiry: "Also, may I suggest that if the perp was intentionally spreading evidence it was more from inexperience than immaturity. Why would he risk being seen? If Holly was securely hidden, why not keep the items in the same location?": YES! This is the essence of this case. If you are even a moderately experienced criminal and have a victim to hide, you hide the containing-evidence with them at a depth of four feet or more; you do not roam around the county tossing additional incriminating evidence out of your vehicle- UNLESS you are inexperienced and naive in the ways of crime and assume that this will point the finger of the law away from you and your home (or-another scenario that I cannot state on websleuths). Regarding your last question, I did not say the perpetrator's' (deliberate punctuation-think about it) behavior was predictable in advance. That would require me to have clairvoyant powers and if I had those powers I would make a fortune at the horse track tomorrow and you would not be hearing from me anymore because I would be surrounded by my entourage in Vegas!!

I repeat my question from a previous post- can any of the readers deduce a a reason why public searches seem to have been discontinued? My suggestion is non-sinister and practical, and has nothing to do with press leaks from searchers. I am just waiting for someone else to come up with my stupid idea before I will acknowldge it.

I can only think of one reason why they would not want the public to search, and that is that they believe she is alive being held captive somewhere. For that to be the case, they would need to have some evidence.... either the perp has allowed her to speak to the family by phone, or he has sent them a picture of her recently holding a dated newspaper to prove she is alive. This would indicate that he has demanded a ransom, because in any other scenario it would be to his advantage for them to think she is dead OR that she is hiding out on her own and doesn't want to be found.
I don't know what to think. In every other case I've followed, LE has welcomed volunteers to search. I find it hard to believe they have searched the whole state of TN and we know that sometimes a body is found in the same area that has already been searched by others. I would think that the family would be demanding for the searches to continue. I do not understand this silence, it worries me. I think they know something we don't know.

In my personal opinion, I don't know that we have the truth of the matter concerning her disappearance from the home.

<respectfully snipped for space>

I repeat my question from a previous post- can any of the readers deduce a a reason why public searches seem to have been discontinued? My suggestion is non-sinister and practical, and has nothing to do with press leaks from searchers. I am just waiting for someone else to come up with my stupid idea before I will acknowledge it.

"What happened? OMG. We'll take care of the body. You get rid of her stuff."

Crime of passion. They know who. They know why. They know how. They have post-event partial witnesses & finds that have helped them confirm who and how. They haven't figured everything out about where. They need one more clue to move forward with direct inquiries. Burial/disposal site on private property, or if there are no accessories-after-fact, may have been contemplated in advance. Either way, volunteer searches wouldn't do the trick. Unnamed is/are under surveillance.

JMHO

"What happened? OMG. We'll take care of the body. You get rid of her stuff."

Crime of passion. They know who. They know why. They know how. They have post-event partial witnesses & finds that have helped them confirm who and how. They haven't figured everything out about where. They need one more clue to move forward with direct inquiries. Burial/disposal site on private property, or if there are no accessories-after-fact, may have been contemplated in advance. Either way, volunteer searches wouldn't do the trick. Unnamed is/are under surveillance.

JMHO

Where did that sentence about the body come from?? Is that a proposed scenario or did we hear that someplace??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell