Rebecca Nalepa - suicide or murder? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.cbs8.com/story/15075598/...mansion-owners-son-girlfriend?redirected=true

Memorial contributions honoring Max may be made to Whispering Hope Ranch Foundation either by mail to 9045 E. Pima Center Parkway, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, or via their website, www.whisperinghoperanch.org

Whispering Hope Ranch Foundation has collaborated with organizations serving children with special needs and their families to design customized camps, retreats and other curricula.

http://www.whisperinghoperanch.org/board_of_directors.aspx

Board Of Directors

Executive Committee
Susan Bansak
Vice President, Board Governance

Ron Butler
Vice President, Finance

Robert D. Hartman
Vice President, Operations

Robert G. Mayfield
Vice President, Facilities

Jonah Shacknai
President

Mark Sklar
Vice President, Development

Am I the only one who gets a strange feeling about memorials being sent to one's own charity?

I happened to do quite a bit of research on shell/shelf companies (not that this is one) in the past few weeks and I am now queasy whenever I see fairly rich folks connected to strange LLC's and such. Anything in Delaware and Wyoming is cause to look deeper.

Entity Name: DFE TRUST COMPANY, LLC
Entity Type: Foreign Limited-Liability Company File Number: E0438162008-8
Qualifying State: Delaware

Manager: Susan Bansak

Ok... I'm not even going to look into the rest of these folks as this is the second person I've researched where a "Foreign Limited-Liability Company" came up - the other one was the person on a walk (People aren't afraid for themselves," Hartstein said on a morning walk)

Thanks, Paladine...I got the part that there are two kids, I didn't realize that the FB posting had been REMOVED...now I get the "silenced" comment.

You get it...but I was wrong. :) There are not 2 sisters, there is one 13yr old BOY and one 14 yr old GIRL. (links upthread)

Now, they said a 13 yr old made the 911 call (link upthread)...but also I recall inference, in the least, that it was a GIRL who made the call.

We need good reporting.

it's pretty low hanging and there is a second story, he could have been trying to swing from it. i think a fall from the second story could result in pretty serious injuries.

but really, who knows at this juncture.

For some reason, this is what I keep picturing in my mind. A 6 yo jumping from the railing, hanging on the chandelier and the chandelier breaking loose and crashing to the floor on top of the boy. From that point a lot depends on how he lands (broken neck?) and how heavy the chandelier was. Obviously I don't know, but this is what I think happened from the reports.

That photo shows only the lower part of the staircase. How many stories are there in the house? If he fell from higher up and hit that chandelier and/or table on the way down, well, I could see that causing some serious damage.

If we were looking at this from the other side/perspective, is that an open balcony upstairs that looks down on the stairs? Or a closed wall?

That photo shows only the lower part of the staircase. How many stories are there in the house? If he fell from higher up and hit that chandelier and/or table on the way down, well, I could see that causing some serious damage.

The photos we are being shown are from 2005.
From links at the beginning of this thread, IIRC he wanted to do major renovations that were shot down by the Historic committee. (he received major tax break to keep the house intack)
Such as, master bedroom add on and glass roof.
He was allowed to do small updates.

ETA: 2 story home.

IMO

I think there is a big missing piece in regards to if all the kids were there with their dad. We know a girl was...sounds like she made the phone call. But he has a 13 year old son also. I can't imagine that only the daughter was there and not the son.

There was talk about the daughter going back to SC...but where has the son been this whole time? How did the children get along? Was there any jealousy over the 6 year old? They had different mom's. I know when my son was born my 15 year old step-daughter loved her little brother and the 13 year old step-daughter was not pleased that their dad had another child by someone else.

Could they have been playing together and it have caused the Maxie to get injured? I always wondered why we heard that the 13 year old left immediately back to SC.

I think there is a big missing piece in regards to if all the kids were there with their dad. We know a girl was...sounds like she made the phone call. But he has a 13 year old son also. I can't imagine that only the daughter was there and not the son.

There was talk about the daughter doing back to SC...but where has the son been this whole time? How did the children get along? Was there any jealousy over the 6 year old? They had different mom's. I know when my son was born my 15 year old loved her little brother and the 13 year old was not pleased that their dad had another child by someone else.

Could they have been playing together and it have caused the Maxie to get injured? I always wondered why we heard that the 13 year old left immediately back to SC.

A link was posted earlier saying the 13 year old WAS NOT related the homeowner. (so it wasn't his daughter) Also, his daughter lives in AZ correct? Not South Carolina

(bolded by me)
In the comments section for this article, a poster describes meeting the Shacknais and there is a description of Mr. Shacknai's children, in addition to Max, there is a girl (G) and a boy(E).

Appearances can be so deceiving, imo. After reading the many credible sounding claims of abuse from both parties during the divorce, now, reading about how they seemed so wonderful from the outside in the comment section of that article is so typical, imo.

A link was posted earlier saying the 13 year old WAS NOT related the homeowner. (so it wasn't his daughter) Also, his daughter lives in AZ correct? Not South Carolina

Yes, but others have said on here that LE verified it was his daughter who made the 911 call. Maybe they will give the links again.

And many links were posted that he/she WAS related...what to believe?

For some reason, this is what I keep picturing in my mind. A 6 yo jumping from the railing, hanging on the chandelier and the chandelier breaking loose and crashing to the floor on top of the boy. From that point a lot depends on how he lands (broken neck?) and how heavy the chandelier was. Obviously I don't know, but this is what I think happened from the reports.

Max "had fallen from stairs and was not breathing and did not have a pulse."

Post #576

I haven't seen any reports suggesting he fell from hanging on a chandelier.

earlier in this thread somewhere, someone posted an obituary of JS mom, and it states that there is a boy and a girl. it is also stated that there was a boy and a girl elsewhere iirc

I read in a comment section of an article that there was a son almost as old as Rebecca.

No link :truce:

Also read that there was just one staircase but that seems hard to believe.

It seems it would have a servant’s staircase unless it was eliminated in the renovations.

I know Spreckles thought of such because I booked a room unairconditioned room in the Hotel Del that was a maid’s quarter.

Yes, that is a hotel but still I can't see an estate in that location of that era not having such because the help would need accommodations.

It was only accessible by ferry in those days?

all imo

There was talk about the daughter going back to SC...but where has the son been this whole time? How did the children get along? Was there any jealousy over the 6 year old? They had different mom's. I know when my son was born my 15 year old step-daughter loved her little brother and the 13 year old step-daughter was not pleased that their dad had another child by someone else.

I think you've raised some valid questions. The same questions that have been swirling around my mind. With as little as we have, that's where I'm tilting.

I think his son and daughter live in South Carolina with his first wife, their mother. His second wife, Max's mother, lives in Arizona.

Yes, but others have said on here that LE verified it was his daughter who made the 911 call. Maybe they will give the links again.

And many links were posted that he/she WAS related...what to believe?

it has also been reported iirc that there were TWO females in addition to rebecca. so really. who knows. lol

Both his 13 year old son and 14 year old daughter do not live in AZ... they live in SC with their mother, Kimberly James (his first wife). Previous articles last week stated that G<modsnip> went back to SC on Monday...

Lea Corbin, with Coronado Police, originally stated that only Rebecca and his daughter were at home.

How many times have we heard stores of someone claiming to be doing or have done CPR on a victim via 911 calls or in statements only to have paramedics determine that it probably didn't happen later? Just because he SAYS he did doesn't mean that he did. She could have been long dead and cold. I want to know WHO determined she was in distress. Was it the paramedics when THEY arrived (meaning she was breathing?) or was it the brother who says she was breathing when he found her?

The articles in this case are so backwards and contradictory of each other. I would like to see ONE local publication cover all of the points and do it accurately in one place. I know...I'm a dreamer.

Just before 7 a.m. Wednesday, a 911 caller reported that a woman was possibly dead.

Coronado police officers found Nalepa in "distress" and firefighters tried to revive her, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.

http://www.azcentral.com/business/a...s-death-reported-san-diego.html#ixzz1Sfqxze1w

Adam says she is possibly dead... Adam is not the one who says she is in distress.

The police officers use police speak and say (paraphrasing) "We have a female in distress."

The police don't determine if she is dead or alive, they just say she is "in distress."

Firefighters/EMTs
arrive and do their job which is to make sure she is really dead, try to revive her.

They are unsuccessful and she is pronounced dead at the scene.

I think people are looking too hard at the term "in distress." That is officer speak that you hear all the time.

Some even have that in their 10 codes "Officer in distress" or "subject in distress."

I think she was already dead when they arrived... but because she wasn't dead for an extended period of time the cops didn't pronounce her DOA. (No more than 6 hours, phone call at midnight.)

I think if there was any breathing when they arrived they would have continued CPR and other life saving efforts until they got her to the hospital. :twocents:

Photos from 2007:

060038855_101_12.jpg

060038855_801_22.jpg

link:
http://www.epiconerealestate.com/ph...5&liststatus=Sold&city=CORONADO&zipcode=92118

Why was the sister's fb comment removed? It was a loving message. I'm confused about that.

Perhaps he fell from a higher area of the stairs (see arrow), hit the chandelier, smashed into the table, etc. That would be very serious. Also, this is an old photo - we do not know if he had done any renovations in that area...perhaps removing carpeting? Wooden floors? Hitting his head, breaking his neck along the way, hitting head on bannister... etc...just speculating.

2cn73x3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member