OH OH - Kelly Camargo, 16, Camden, 21 Aug 1993

JusticeWillBeServed

Reaction score
Kelly Camargo was last seen at The Camden Bar in Camden, Ohio in late August of 1993. This was the last verified sighting of Kelly. Her mother reported her missing the next day. The following month, her remains were discovered in Sommers Township in Preble County, not far from the bar where she was last seen. She was the victim of a homicide. 22 years later, detectives are hoping that DNA evidence processed by new technology will help solve the case.

Detectives hope DNA will solve 22-year old cold case murder

Donna Jones hopes that the DNA evidence will provide the answers she has wanted for more than two decades.

"It would mean a lot to have closure. Kelly was robbed of her life. I just want to know who killed my daughter and have justice," Jones said.

Find a Grave

Earlier reports suggest that suspected serial killer Glen Edward Rogers may have been responsible for the murder. He was from the same town as Kelly (Hamilton, Ohio) and he was known to have picked up some of his victims at bars. The connection between Kelly and Rogers was made in 1995, when he said he had murdered up to seventy people. He later claimed he was joking. This new article doesn't mention him but he has never been ruled out either.

Rogers Reportedly Speaks of 70 Victims - November 1995

102652919_135654594578.jpg

It is certainly hoped DNA evidence helps lead to the identity of Kelly Camargo's killer. I'm familiar with Camden, Ohio and have driven through it many times on State Route 127.

The mention of Glen Rogers as the possible killer is an interesting one. Although Rogers is from Hamilton, Ohio, the earliest killings attributed to him are not until 1995.

It is certainly hoped DNA evidence helps lead to the identity of Kelly Camargo's killer. I'm familiar with Camden, Ohio and have driven through it many times on State Route 127.

The mention of Glen Rogers as the possible killer is an interesting one. Although Rogers is from Hamilton, Ohio, the earliest killings attributed to him are not until 1995.

After reading more about Rogers, I don't think he was involved. I noticed some sites still link Kelly's murder to him but I haven't found anything where investigators believe that to be the case after that possible initial connection was announced.

Dec 11 2018
Cold Cases: Miami Valley murder investigations that remain unsolved in 2018
"Cold Case: Kelly Camargo - It was one week before the start of school when 16-year-old Kelly Camargo disappeared after a night out with friends. Her body was found weeks later in a farmer’s field in Preble County. Even though her body was badly decomposed, detectives believe that Kelly was lured away from the bar then sexually assaulted and murdered so that she could not tell. This case was also profiled in Miami Valley Murder Mysteries."

September 28, 2018 VIDEO
Murder Mysteries: Lillie Oglesby, Marcia Sossoman King, Kelly Camargo,

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member