AKA: Dennis, Den, Vern
Missing Since: 5/18/2010
Sex Male Race White
Age 44 Age 45
(At time missing)
Hgt 6Ft1In Wgt 160
Hair Brown Eye Blue

Medina, Ohio

Wayne County coroner Dr. Amy Joliff confirmed to Fox 8 on Wednesday that the bones are human and that they have been there for more than six months.

Investigators would not confirm if they found any clothing or other personal articles at the scene.

"We have to find as much evidence as we can and then try to piece it together and see what we have,'' said Sgt. Robert Shows of the Rittman Police.

Sgt. Pauley told Fox 8 Wednesday afternoon that they did not even have a complete body.
http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-rittman-human-remains-small-town-mystery-dn-txt,0,1734390.story

much more is at the link

Morton Salt - Google Maps

Morton Salt - Google Maps

first map is the field/creek area on MS property where bones were found

second map is a zoomed out view of the plant area.

I used to work at PCA (packaging corporation of america) when in college which is on this same property as MS (has since closed) but I know the area (grew up a few miles away in Sterling, Ohio). There is a lot of truck traffic at this plant and the area has close access to I-76

Wayne County Coroner Amy Jolliff was overseeing the scene, Shows said. The area where the bones were found was about one mile west of South Main Street down a cinder road then "deep into the woods," Shows said.

BCI agents are working on grid-by-grid pattern to locate more bones. Shows said they are starting in a known area and working outward.

There are no reports of missing people in which to link the remains, Shows said.

Some people have speculated the bones could be from Susan Ryan, a Wooster woman who went missing June 5, 2010.

"It's a possibility, but from what we have, we can't tell. We have to collect the information," Shows said, adding later, "We don't have a dental record. We have to collect dental evidence."

The clothes the person was wearing have deteriorated. Flooding in the spring, the hot summer weather and possible animal activity have provided challenges.

http://www.the-daily-record.com/news/article/5102754

more at link including video

edited to add one more snip:

The bones are the second set to be found in the area in the past three years. In September 2008, the bones of an African American woman were found off of a township road in Holmes County. The woman still is unidentified and listed on the FBI's Violent Criminal Apprehension Program website.

Hunter finds bones in wooded Rittman area (video)

Wayne County Coroner Amy Jolliff was overseeing the scene, Shows said. The area where the bones were found was about one mile west of South Main Street down a cinder road then "deep into the woods," Shows said.

BCI agents are working on grid-by-grid pattern to locate more bones. Shows said they are starting in a known area and working outward.

There are no reports of missing people in which to link the remains, Shows said.

Some people have speculated the bones could be from Susan Ryan, a Wooster woman who went missing June 5, 2010.

"It's a possibility, but from what we have, we can't tell. We have to collect the information," Shows said, adding later, "We don't have a dental record. We have to collect dental evidence."

The clothes the person was wearing have deteriorated. Flooding in the spring, the hot summer weather and possible animal activity have provided challenges.

"We need to get all of the evidence we can and then get back together and see what we have," Shows said. "It's one of those strange things. ... They left us one great, big mystery."

http://www.the-daily-record.com/news/article/5102754

I am trying to figure out which guy was known for leaving his vics in the woods somewhere around there. No one suspected him, he had a cabin in one of the towns....I dont know, perhaps I am blending folks together.

I think I know who you are talking about but can't remember his name. I think he shot people including children. Weren't some of them family?

If this is Susan Ryan they should find a gun too. She left everything but a gun and said she was going to commit suicide.

Faith Huennerkopf Willison has been missing from Springfield, Ohio since June 28, 2010.
Sex: Female Race: White
Hair: Blonde Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'2" Weight: 140

http://findfaithwillison.tumblr.com/

Long shot, but this would be 6 hours from Bloomington, IN (Lauren Spierer). Straight up I-71.

Long shot, but this would be 6 hours from Bloomington, IN (Lauren Spierer). Straight up I-71.

Long shots are sometimes right. I wish they would let us know but I guess it hasn't been that long. It is possible.

I wonder if LE has asked the hunter if he has hunted that immediate area before, and if so, when was the last time? This could help determine possibly how long the body has been there.

Praying a family gets answers w/ this finding. So sad how many people we can come up w/ that this could be.

It is sad. I hope they get the answer quickly. I'm sure a lot of families have heard about this and are hoping! I would hate to be in that position. The not knowing has got to be worse than knowing after years of wondering about a loved one.

Trying to discover the identity of the person whose remains were found Monday night in a wooded area off of South Main Street will be a lengthy process, officials said.

"We're sure we collected a few human bones as well as some clothing, but it's a few bones," Wayne County Coroner Dr. Amy Jolliff said.

With the scarcity of bones, a right femur, some from the feet and a few vertebrae, there is nothing to indicate whether the person was a man or a woman, she added.

Jolliff has contacted a forensic anthropologist who will do further testing and continues to work with BCI agents, who will collect a DNA sample and enter it into a missing person's database. However, getting the DNA into the system could take up to a year, she said.

Based on the DNA samples collected in Rittman cases, Shows said six months would be a quick turnaround because BCI has to prioritize its analysis.

Jolliff said she hopes the forensic anthropologist will be able to provide an age and gender for the person, however, it could take several months.

Once the discovery of the bones hit the news, the Rittman Police Department has received calls from surrounding areas about missing women, men and children, Shows said.

Both Shows and Jolliff said there is no evidence right now that connects the bones with any missing person.

Susan Ryan, a Wooster woman who went missing June 5, 2010, is the only missing person report in Wayne County, Jolliff said.

much more at link.. also says some teeth were found but not enough to do a dental record match

http://www.the-daily-record.com/news/article/5103175

Wow, there are more missing in Ohio than I have heard of.
Also, it could be someone who was never reported.
Hope they find something out soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back