Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ds was born 8 weeks early and I was up in the NICU 12, 3, 6, 9, 12 round the clock to learn how to tube feed, and hold him with all the gadgets hooked to him. And then How to work them when he came home.
Then when I wasn't there I was at home taking care of my dd, who was 2 at the time and had no clue what was going on and needed the extra "mommy love' time. I lived on cat naps, M&Ms and dr. pepper till he came home 4 weeks later. And it was harder when he did, in the NICU I had the world’s best nurses to help me, counsel me, and just be there for me. When he came home it was the hardest thing I had ever done. I don't see how she is going to do this with 6 under 7 and now with the addition of 8 preemie babies. What if these babies have lasting medical issues, are the “healthy” older ones going to be pushed under the rug, or be used as mommy’s extra hands and become mommies to the younger ones.
This was a foolish decision on her part, and I do not feel one bit of sympathy for her!!!
And I agree CPS needs to keep a close eye on this group!!!

She came off with a very harsh edge imo in her interview.
I thought so too. She seemed very immature and snotty.

This whole thing is not adding up. Maybe she was going to sell them. I don't really think that, but something is not right.
She may not have planned to sell them in the conventional sense, but she is selling them in the sense of using them as a commodity. :(

My ds was born 8 weeks early and I was up in the NICU 12, 3, 6, 9, 12 round the clock to learn how to tube feed, and hold him with all the gadgets hooked to him. And then How to work them when he came home.
Then when I wasn't there I was at home taking care of my dd, who was 2 at the time and had no clue what was going on and needed the extra "mommy love' time. I lived on cat naps, M&Ms and dr. pepper till he came home 4 weeks later. And it was harder when he did, in the NICU I had the world’s best nurses to help me, counsel me, and just be there for me. When he came home it was the hardest thing I had ever done. I don't see how she is going to do this with 6 under 7 and now with the addition of 8 preemie babies. What if these babies have lasting medical issues, are the “healthy” older ones going to be pushed under the rug, or be used as mommy’s extra hands and become mommies to the younger ones.
This was a foolish decision on her part, and I do not feel one bit of sympathy for her!!!

See you lived the reality. This woman is selfish to the inth. I daresay there will be more to this story as it is already just mind boggling.

She'll probably claim disability and require everyone to bring them to her in bed again. :no:

As someone who REALLY DOES have a back-pain condition since I was 25, there's no way someone who had such a severe injury so as to justify almost 10 years of disability, would be able to manage to go through that many pregnancies, much less 8 at once.

IMHO, the State should investigate her for fraud. Not sayin' there is, JUST the POSSIBILITY under the present circumstances.

Just sayin',
fran

PS.....wonder what she's gonna do when she realizes that all that excess skin she is going to be left with once her 'baby stomach' is gone? It doesn't all just go away like a normal pregnancy. She will probably have to wear a special girdle for the rest of her life. That is,...........unless she finds a way to pay for and have plastic surgery to remove said excess skin.........:rolleyes: imo, fran

Plastic surgery of course....maybe from the same Doc who did the big puffy duck lips for her.

Hi Everyone Just saw Nadya on tv. Is it me or does she look like she may have gotten her mouth done like Angelina Jolie..My next question,does she think she's Angelina ??

Just saying..

She can try and "be"Angelina all she wants with her gillizion kids, the only difference is Angelina has millions to 'support" her kids, plus she has a team of nannies with her to help. Angelina can take off 2 years of work to spend time with her kids, do the one on one thing (while the others are with the nannies) and I am not paying for it.
I don't think this mother has a team of nannies lined up to help her with her 14 kids, or someone to help the kiddo with special needs. She is living in a 3 bedroom small house with her parents who are about :thisclose: to packing it all up and leaving.
It cost us close to 1200mth for day care of my two, and they are 2 and 5. What is ithe cost going to be for her?:waitasec:

Interesting. She also put the sperm donor down as the father on the birth certificate, using different birthdates, and he reportedly asked her not to keep making more babies with his sperm and she ignored him.

She also said in the interview that she hopes he'll be part of their lives:
Suleman told Curry that the father is a bit overwhelmed right now, but she is hoping that he will want to get to know his children when he is ready.

- http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29038814/

All this together makes me think she has also been trying to trap these men into her "family" too. :bang:

I guess she didn't think about these odd's....
From the above article.
They’re going to watch these kids very carefully for eating problems, growing [problems], and then seizures, jaundice, heart problems, lung problems, blindness, developmental delays — there’s a laundry list of things. Long term, because some of these children will be physically or mentally challenged, there’s a looming price tag out here. The hospital bill alone will run $1.5 to $3 million. Forget about getting to college; just to get through special-needs stuff — it’s going to have to come from somewhere, either the taxpayers of California or her family or her church or the hospital. But she can’t do it alone.”

NBC contributor and psychiatrist Dr. Gail Saltz added that there will be emotional issues to deal with as well. “Undoubtedly these eight children are going to have issues: at the minimum, the issue of neglect,” Saltz told Lauer.

They did investigate her Fran. I posted ealrier that they had a PI follow her around trying to catch her doing something out of her range of motion.
her quailfying doctor attributed 10% of her probelm tpo pregnancies and the rest to the female patient riot that resulted ina desk on top of her.

Her funds are still flowing currently.

I saw your posts where this woman was investigated JBean. IMO, now with her national tv appearance, she most likely has given investigators 'new' information to bolster their case. Looks like her doctor may have a few questions to answer now, as well.

Guess we'll see how long her funds flow. She may have to go after her ex and even the sperm donor for future support. ;) She's most likely now, given the State their out.

JMHO
fran

Oh haven;t you heard? SHe is getting book deals and all that now. She is going to be a Duggar family or Jon and Kate family with a show to help her pay all her medical and every other luxury she may want.

I think she and her PR firm are most likely going to have to rethink that plan of action. At this stage, I can't really see anyone touching her with a 10 foot pole and ..............making money off the deal. :rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

I saw your posts where this woman was investigated JBean. IMO, now with her national tv appearance, she most likely has given investigators 'new' information to bolster their case. Looks like her doctor may have a few questions to answer now, as well.

Guess we'll see how long her funds flow. She may have to go after her ex and even the sperm donor for future support. ;) She's most likely now, given the State their out.

JMHO
fran
State has been trying to have it shut down since August.
It is a SoCal doctor and it is not going to be a good outcome.

State has been trying to have it shut down since August.
It is a SoCal doctor and it is not going to be a good outcome.

Ah-ha........thanks JBean. I didn't know that.

Interesting,
fran

Ah-ha........thanks JBean. I didn't know that.

Interesting,
fran
Gosh you know my post wasn't clear. 2 separate issues..
1.The state has been trying to shut off her benefits since August.
2.The fertility doctor is from SoCal and he is being investigated and that is not going to have a good outcome.

hope you are doing well frannie :blowkiss:

California Medical Board probes octuplet birth

LOS ANGELES – The fertility doctor who helped a California woman have 14 children, including octuplets born last month, is now facing a state investigation on top of harsh criticism from medical ethicists.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090207/ap_on_re_us/octuplets

Thanks for the updates, everyone. I'm really glad to read that they are seriously investigating all of the hinky factors here, the disability claims, the fertility clinic, etc. At least they are not just letting things slide on by, in the midst of all this publicity.

The Angelina Jolie connections are just totally weird. I can't tell for sure about her nose, but there is definitely something up (botox pumping up!) with her lips. I will not be surprised to find out that not only is she trying to "be" like AJ, but actually trying to outdo her as far as family size! :crazy:

California Medical Board probes octuplet birth

LOS ANGELES – The fertility doctor who helped a California woman have 14 children, including octuplets born last month, is now facing a state investigation on top of harsh criticism from medical ethicists.

Wow, interesting article JBean. She has fourteen kids, yet she blames an alleged injury for constant pain and ending her marriage.

I think that should be filed under 'Give me a break!' I think the State should file for a refund!:slap:

JMHO
fran

PS.....From what some Websleuths have been posting, looks like her parents have problems of their own. They're actually divorced, the wife filed bankruptcy with almost $1mil in debt and failed to show up for the bankruptcy hearing so it was dismissed. Course now the dad says they actually have a (BIGGER!) house that no one will ever be able to find......(ANOTHER?) scam?.........this story just keeps giving. :rolleyes:

Looks like John/Ken will have LOTS of material for months to come! ;)

But the 2001 birth of the baby "helped my spirits," Suleman said.

More than 300 pages of documents were disclosed to The Associated Press following a public records request to the state Division of Workers' Compensation. Among other things, they reveal that Suleman collected more than $165,000 in disability payments between 2002 and 2008 for the work injury, which she said left her in near-constant pain and helped end her marriage.

Gosh you know my post wasn't clear. 2 separate issues..
1.The state has been trying to shut off her benefits since August.
2.The fertility doctor is from SoCal and he is being investigated and that is not going to have a good outcome.

hope you are doing well frannie :blowkiss:

Oh, I thought you were saying the doctor who helped her get disability was being investigated...........LOL, ya know that'll be next! :waitasec: These types of things usually work in networks, patient, doctors, lawyers.

I'm doin' fine, friend, thanks for your thoughts! :blowkiss:

:)
fran

"The state documents describe Suleman becoming pregnant with her first child after a 1999 injury during a riot at a state mental hospital where she worked. Suleman feared she would lose the child and sunk into an intense depression, according to a psychological evaluation in her workers' compensation case. "When you have a history of miscarriages, you think it will take a miracle," she told Dr. Dennis Nehamen. "I just wanted to die. I suspected I was pregnant but I thought, 'That's ridiculous.'"
More than 300 pages of documents were disclosed to The Associated Press following a public records request to the state Division of Workers' Compensation. Among other things, they reveal that Suleman collected more than $165,000 in disability payments between 2002 and 2008 for the work injury, which she said left her in near-constant pain and helped end her marriage."
(from the link Fran posted)

I am confused about this article. So during the riot when she got her "injury", she was also pregnant and sunk into a depression. Then the birth of the baby in 2001 got her out of the depression? Wouldn't she have had that baby sometime in 2000 if she was pregnant in 1999? Instead of having it in 2001? I'm sure she had another 2001, yet the wording in the article is confusing.

$165,000 in disability payments is ridiculous if the woman is claiming a back injury and gets that much money, yet she can have 14 kids since then. I guess pregnancy isn't hard on her back. Ha! I don't believe her stories.

Frankly, I think it's going to be the 'side-stories' and not the birth of her last 8 children that's going to become the lead-in to this.:crazy:

JMHO
fran

I saw the interview that where it said she wanted to get a Master's degree in Counseling. How ironic...sounds like she needs some counseling herself.

"The state documents describe Suleman becoming pregnant with her first child after a 1999 injury during a riot at a state mental hospital where she worked. Suleman feared she would lose the child and sunk into an intense depression, according to a psychological evaluation in her workers' compensation case. "When you have a history of miscarriages, you think it will take a miracle," she told Dr. Dennis Nehamen. "I just wanted to die. I suspected I was pregnant but I thought, 'That's ridiculous.'"
More than 300 pages of documents were disclosed to The Associated Press following a public records request to the state Division of Workers' Compensation. Among other things, they reveal that Suleman collected more than $165,000 in disability payments between 2002 and 2008 for the work injury, which she said left her in near-constant pain and helped end her marriage."
(from the link Fran posted)

I am confused about this article. So during the riot when she got her "injury", she was also pregnant and sunk into a depression. Then the birth of the baby in 2001 got her out of the depression? Wouldn't she have had that baby sometime in 2000 if she was pregnant in 1999? Instead of having it in 2001? I'm sure she had another 2001, yet the wording in the article is confusing.

$165,000 in disability payments is ridiculous if the woman is claiming a back injury and gets that much money, yet she can have 14 kids since then. I guess pregnancy isn't hard on her back. Ha! I don't believe her stories.
It says the pregnancy was after her injury, but it doesn't say how long after. e.g., If the injury were at the end of 99, she could have gotten pregnant only 3 months later, and she'd still have it in 2001. :)

Another thing that is confusing people is where they read that she got pregnant with her first child in 2000. But she was pregnant the first time in 1995. It was just an ectopic pregnancy. She said it was the first of three, but her doctor said no. (I don't know how anyone could have three ectopics, either.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam