Geraldo At Large - 08.23.08

Status
Not open for further replies.
TP said this morning on his thread that if you listen to the old interviews you would find a clue to who LP was looking at.....and TonE was the first connection we all made. So I think this confirms that. It's sad if these people are truly innocent of any involvement and are being implicated by Casey to save her own butt.

Uh oh, were we bad again????

Seems on an earlier thread, yesterday or day before I was told that WS doesn't want a certain persons name mentioned. Was anyone else aware of this. His name is on this thread several times.

Isabelle,
Ray'sMom

I do agree. And I am wondering about the comments from LP. Usually, he's just yammering useless info, very vague, etc. But he was pretty specific. He knows the law. I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that he can not say names without risking defamation lawsuits unless he has something to back them up.
I would have loved to see what happened after the cameras went off between LP and Jose...........
There is no problem saying what he said. He said he wanted to know where Casey was in reference to those people. The "2500 pings" he "ordered" (which I cannot find anywhere to actually order those from any company) only tell him where Casey's phone was during that time, according to him. He didn't say they took Caylee outright no matter if he implied they could be a connection to it.

"It will give us the 5 people's activities that met with her. Amy, Ricardo, JP, her boyfriend, and we will track the..the..the cell phone probably even to the pizza shop where she ordered the pizza on the night of the 19th. But we are interested in who was holding the child...where she dropped off the child off until they got her up to where we believe is in New York." said Leonard Padilla.

There is no problem saying what he said. He said he wanted to know where Casey was in reference to those people. The "2500 pings" he "ordered" (which I cannot find anywhere to actually order those from any company) only tell him where Casey's phone was during that time, according to him. He didn't say they took Caylee outright no matter if he implied they could be a connection to it.

"It will give us the 5 people's activities that met with her. Amy, Ricardo, JP, her boyfriend, and we will track the..the..the cell phone probably even to the pizza shop where she ordered the pizza on the night of the 19th. But we are interested in who was holding the child...where she dropped off the child off until they got her up to where we believe is in New York." said Leonard Padilla.

True. That's very true. He did say that it was voluntary and didn't say they kidnapped her. I guess I'm just so used to the media erring on the side of caution and not naming names. And thus far, he hasn't named a single name except ZG and Casey (not even Caylee - 'the girl') so this was just out of the ordinary. He was really angry and forthcoming tonight. Just threw me for a loop and really makes me question things. The only evidence they have are her lies and the dogs (which I don't question either) but this could lead to different theories. I am just wondering where this is heading.......

How is Padillo going to get the ping records anyway? I wouldn't think you could get those unless you were the account holder or LE with a subpoena. I don't think anyone would grant a bounty hunter or bail bondsman the phone records of their client from over two months ago. Perhaps if she skipped bail, they might be able to get their hands on current and future phone records to help track her down (maybe through LE)....but why would they grant him access to records prior to them even entering the case? Has anyone ever heard of "a company" that you can order these records from? I think this might be a bluff - like the 5 day waiting period.

At the very beginning tonight, Geraldo's first question to Jose Baez was "Do you think Caylee has been kidnapped and is still alive." Jose Baez responded by saying, "yes we believe Caylee is still alive."

Baez did not answer the question in full - he didn't respond to the question about Caylee being kidnapped. Obviously, the defense is backing away from the kidnapping by Zenaida F. Gonzolas.

All the bickering about church...IMO. the thread is getting smaller.

Thank goodness. I'm very spiritual myself, but I had to quit reading there earlier.
If I want to sift through post after post of bickering, before reading something case related, I'll read the In Se**ion boards...

How is Padillo going to get the ping records anyway? I wouldn't think you could get those unless you were the account holder or LE with a subpoena. I don't think anyone would grant a bounty hunter or bail bondsman the phone records of their client from over two months ago. Perhaps if she skipped bail, they might be able to get their hands on current and future phone records to help track her down (maybe through LE)....but why would they grant him access to records prior to them even entering the case? Has anyone ever heard of "a company" that you can order these records from? I think this might be a bluff - like the 5 day waiting period.

I also think this is a bluff, intended to "flush out" someone that might have Caylee. He's giving them 5 days or he'll come after them, etc, all of his comments are tactics to make whomever give her up.

Jesus, EVERYBODY - Baez, Cindy, George, Lee, LP, Christina, Holly - needs to sit down with Casey and just blast her (kind of like an intervention) until she gives up what happened. And call her on every lie that comes out of her mouth.

Ok, WTF!!!!! This DA talking heads totally flipped their positions.........

They haven't. They said they were going to follow the evidence.

The LE spokesperson was very careful to give out almost nothing.

Unless they file more charges we are not going to know what the evidence is. Prosecutors ONLY have to show the defense evidence for charges already filed.

Drew Peterson's lawyer talks about Stacy running off with another man. Johnnie Cochran & Barry Scheck called Tom Lange and Phillip Vannatter "twin (something-or-anothers) of evil ".

IMO, all smoke and mirrors.

Well of course he has to say they think she is still alive - anything else and he wouldn't back up his client. I know he is doing his job as best he can....BUT it really irks me when he says that they just want LE to do their job and look for Caylee. I just want to scream at the tv and say "WHERE????!!! Your client won't tell them where to start!" And if they want that so bad, why is it so unreasonable for us to all want to know why the girl's own mother doesn't look for her daughter?

I don't think it was some much what was said. It was his body language, his expression, his demeanor. And the fact that this LE interview was done tonight - an hour before the show. LE certainly DID NOT have to grant this interview - and I believe they really shouldn't have. IMO - it wasn't what was said - more of the timing and why now?

Maybe because their POI is now sitting home able to watch TV 24/7?

Get LP talking about looking at the other 5 and trying to make it look like he's looking that direction

+ Get LE to make it sound like they have no evidence back or none that is useful and that perhaps they believe now that Caylee is alive

= Casey perhaps feeling more comfortable and slipping up and saying something if she thinks they're buying all she's said.

Didn't Padillo mention names? Amy, Tony and a few others and then say they had 5 days to bring her back? It all happened so fast, I was shocked as well as the other people on the show, evidently, did you see Greraldo's ouzzled look right before it went off?

I haven't watched it yet but taped it while I was gone.. So if he mentioned names and those to boot I would say he is sucking in the info the anthony family have given him and casey's lawyer.. this ppl have given le info and not in casey's favor and anthony family is peeeeddddd... jmo I feel BH is really trying to get on good side of anthony's to get more info.. I am sure he doesn't believe it tho.. jmo gosh I hope I am right..

And heck, what better time to make Casey feel comfortable when it sounds like she may be alone with dad tomorrow...Cindy who will probably hound her and Lee who hasn't seemed to be buying her story as much lately may both be at that missing kid event thing for at least a day...

Casey only having dad at home, who doesn't seem to pressure her as much, and who she is clearly very soft towards given how she interacted with him when she first saw him arriving at home...

I think it could all be strategy, particularly in the timing.

True. That's very true. He did say that it was voluntary and didn't say they kidnapped her. I guess I'm just so used to the media erring on the side of caution and not naming names. And thus far, he hasn't named a single name except ZG and Casey (not even Caylee - 'the girl') so this was just out of the ordinary. He was really angry and forthcoming tonight. Just threw me for a loop and really makes me question things. The only evidence they have are her lies and the dogs (which I don't question either) but this could lead to different theories. I am just wondering where this is heading.......

It's leading to the defense building reasonable doubt. All they have to do is read our theories thread and borrow a few. Which I'm sure they did.

I think there is a lot of chain yanking going on - so much so that it's hard to know who is conning/bluffing/manipulating who and for what purpose.

All I know for sure is this statement at the end of the police report is still accurate:

Caylee Marie Anthony remains missing.

DT

Whay can't they ping CA's phone and see if she was near the Sawgrass Apt. at the time she says she dropped the child off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford