Any Elisa Updates At All?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, a thoughtful article by a writer who has considered the nuances we had discussed here for months
“I fear I would look exactly like this if there were cameras in the lifts at Tygerberg [Hospital] when they are on the fritz,” is the pithy verdict of psychiatry registrar Dr Kathleen Mawson. “She certainly isn't psychometrically agitated or posturing or anything else suggestive. She's rather well-kempt.”
I didn't post this to start the whole mental health debate all over again. Just thought it was reassuring that there are at least a few people who agree that this cannot be neatly tied up and will likely always remain a mystery.

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/arti...e-mystery-you-should-care-about/#.U5-b4_ldUr4

I don't mean to demean the article here, per say, but the following paragraph is greatly inaccurate, in my opinion.

"
There were, however, some nagging questions. The first was how on earth Lam got onto the roof. Access to the roof was barricaded throughout (although there was a fire escape) and the entire rooftop area was protected by an alarm. The water tanks themselves were so difficult to access that workers had to cut the tank open to remove her body. The lids of the water tanks are so heavy, furthermore, that it is likely impossible one person could have moved them. How, then, did Lam get into the tank and then replace the lid behind her?

And then there’s the mystery person who updated her blog six months after her death.

The biggest mistake here is that the hole was cut in the tank because it would've been close to impossible to remove her body through the roof-hole of the tank without damaging it. How else were they supposed to remove the body? Just an amazingly overlooked fact the writer misses there.

I also think that saying the roof was "barricaded" is a stretch to say the least. I don't know if the writer did enough research. There are a plethora of youtube videos showing how easily people could access the roof, even by the "alarmed" door.

Also, How did she ascertain the information pertaining to the weight of the lid doors? I haven't seen that in anything I've read, and I've read a great deal.

I'm interested in why people don't work on facts that we can actually find out answers for, like why the elevators malfunctioned or what type of cistern system the hotel uses (anyone have blueprints?). The weight of the lids should be a fact that can be found by interviewing the right people. I mean, given the age of the tanks, there has to be a limited set of manufacturers and models.

Same with the elevators.

Maybe that's a lot of work, but wouldn't it be worth looking into?

I know I've seen diagrams here, but I haven't seen any definite answers.

I'm interested in why people don't work on facts that we can actually find out answers for, like why the elevators malfunctioned or what type of cistern system the hotel uses (anyone have blueprints?). The weight of the lids should be a fact that can be found by interviewing the right people. I mean, given the age of the tanks, there has to be a limited set of manufacturers and models.

Same with the elevators.

Maybe that's a lot of work, but wouldn't it be worth looking into?

I know I've seen diagrams here, but I haven't seen any definite answers.

Do you have a link that says that the elevators malfunctioned? I've never read that anywhere, and I don't believe that it was the case.

There have been complaints about the elevators at the Cecil. Mostly, just one or the other being out of order. However, it seems like the one Elisa was riding was working. Maybe not perfectly, but well enough without some kind of human interference (pushing buttons, for example which we know Elisa did).

Now, if that elevator had been offline right before or right after Elisa's video (within 12 hours either way), THAT would be interesting. But, I have never read such a thing. I wonder if the police asked about this at the time.

My own view is I do not think anyone else was involved, she was experiencing a relapse of her bi polar mental illness, she was very ill and sadly died as a result of her illness. It is heartbreaking to watch her in that elevator clearly psychotic . RIP

Even presuming she was having a psychotic episode, which I don't necessarily agree with, how does she then figure out how to turn off the water tank alarm, climb up there, open it up, get naked, climb in, and then close it and lock it behind her? To me, this is not that different from Rebecca Zahau. How do we know someone didn't slip Elisa some drug or something?

Even presuming she was having a psychotic episode, which I don't necessarily agree with, how does she then figure out how to turn off the water tank alarm, climb up there, open it up, get naked, climb in, and then close it and lock it behind her? To me, this is not that different from Rebecca Zahau. How do we know someone didn't slip Elisa some drug or something?

1. There was no "water tank alarm." If you mean the roof-door alarm, there is video of people walking right through the door and the alarm never goes off. Also, there was an alternative way to the roof (fire escape), where she wouldn't have to deal any alarm at all.

2. The lids of the water tank were not locked. This is a fallacy and has been disproven by the autopsy report (see link/thread below; page 20 in the AR).

3. The lid was never "placed back" after EL had gotten in. Again, this is a fallacy, and disproven in the autopsy report. It was an "unsecured metal removable hatch," according to the autopsy report. When the maintenence man found her body, he reported that the lid was already off of the opening into the water tank.

Final Autopsy and Toxicology Report

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

Sorry folks, Elisa's case has been closed and unless there is new MSM, the general discussion threads remain closed.

The Timeline & Media Only *NO DISCUSSION* thread can be found here.

If there is new MSM on the case, please link it in the above Timeline & Media thread and notify Mods. We will review it at that time to determine whether it necessitates a new discussion.

Recent discussion based on non approved sources (i.e. random videos and/or blogs) have all been removed.

Please do not open any new threads on this case. They will be removed.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member