MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prosecutor did not say this in court, i believe that was a false leak.

In court, the prosecutor said MM had his hand on Bella's abdomen when RB walked in and Bella was dead already
But something about trauma to her abdomen as potentially being COD was reported in a press conference over the weekend

So there was nothing mentioned about RB witnessing MM punching Bella in the stomach at the trial? What happened to that? Did they decide to leave that little tidbit out to save her?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I think that actually may have come from what the bio dad, in one of his first interviews, told a reporter that RB had told him, rather than from any LE sources. He may not have gotten it quite right or RB may have told it differently to LE after she was picked up.

Amoroso said that Bond told him McCarthy had once been good with Bella, but became convinced that she was possessed.

“He had something else inside him that looked like light, but it wasn’t,” said Amoroso, describing what Bond conveyed about McCarthy.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/09/19/bella/gTUv3lRRWmVY5uIdrbW0SP/story.html

Thanks. Well all kids cry and scream so they must all be possessed by demons. The only demons MM was seeing was from the drug hallucinations or the RB demon.

But something about trauma to her abdomen as potentially being COD was reported in a press conference over the weekend

One of the neighbors stated she lived next to Bella's bedroom and for months it was quiet so she thought Bella was with DCF. Never just assume. People are to afraid to get involved. Bella had to be screaming out a lot especially being locked in a dark closet. I can't believe the neighbor would have never called the police with all the crying and screaming from poor little Bella.

I need to take a break from this case. It's just too dark. Most websleuth cases I follow are, but this one isn't a wrong place wrong time type of case - like Mickey Shunick's or Hannah Graham's. Holly Bobo's, sweet Madyson's, and Jessica Ridgeway's - all sooooooo dark too. But this one leaves me feeling so disappointed in humanity. Sooooooo many people failed Bella during her life. It's different than the other cases in that way.

Anyway, when will we hear McCarthy's version of the story? I'm really interested in what he has to say. We know NOTHING of his personality. We've had a glimpse of Rochelle via home video, Facebook, her history, her lovers, her awful faces in court. But all we see and know of Mm is that doped face that was once preppy and fresh. How did his mother die? Did he think she had demons in her too? What was his personality like? What does he think/claim happened to Bella?

Will we have to wait until October 20 for this info? I just want to know when i should check back in

His story according to his lawyer is that RB told him DFS took Bella and he believed it base on her past.

I think a lot will come to light once we find out where this freezer/refrigerator was and who had access to it.

EDIT.. post #135 below. I guess I missed this with the fast moving thread. ; )

Guess I missed this.

http://www.masslive.com/news/boston...ichael_mccarthy_placed_body_refrigerator.html

“Bond further explained that she then witnessed McCarthy place her daughter’s body into [a] garbage bag and move the body into the kitchen refrigerator,” according to a State Police trooper’s write-up of his interview with Bond, submitted as part of court records.

“Bond stated that she was in the refrigerator for a few days, before she and McCarthy went to a remote section of South Boston waterfront and put the body in the water,” the write-up added.

Just to bring my last thought forward;

There are conflicting reports about where Baby Bella's lifeless body was thrown away. Placed on Deer Island I never bought it. That narrow road and carrying a 30 pound bag is not on my radar.

This report; http://wgbhnews.org/post/baby-doe-mother-held-1m-bail-judge-denies-bail-boyfriend

"The pair used a large amount of heroin before McCarthy dumped Bella's body in the water by the Seaport District. Bond, the DA's office says, called the baby a "demon."

Here is a map of the "Seaport District". I am well familiar with it. Wharves everywhere and deep water.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/S...2!3m1!1s0x89e37a831865f8c5:0xad7eb0e04b6892d9

Earlier reports said she was deposited near "City Point". I posted that map earlier.

But in court today the Prosecutor clearly said "seaport District".

That area has the bag flowing directly toward Deer Island, IMO

ETA: The DA in court clearly said he "put the bag into a duffle bag and put it in his trunk, then they drove it to the Seaport district". I will look for a link to the transcript.

MOO

My guess would be it was between, maybe the Fort Point Channel, which runs between with the Seaport to the left facing the harbor and City Point to the right

His story according to his lawyer is that RB told him DFS took Bella and he believed it base on her past.

I think a lot will come to light once we find out where this freezer/refrigerator was and who had access to it.

EDIT.. post #135 below. I guess I missed this with the fast moving thread. ; )

Right. I knew that the long time friend called and mm said she was with CPS, but I'm sure he had to have an alibi for that night. Was he there on the 29th? Etc? Or is he simply going to say yes I was there but Bella wasn't?

Long term friend moved out because he didn't like what was going on in the house. McCarthy can't deny that he was never around Bella at all. How long ago did Long term friend move out?

It just seems like he's going to need more of a story than simply "I thought she was with CPS." We know he knew Bella, so when does he claim was the last time he saw her? When does he claim Bella was taken by CPS? We have no details from him. No nothing really on this guy but bond's story. Well, we have long time friend shedding negative light on him too.

When MM's attorney was telling the story of MM saying that Bella was in DCF custody, a reporter asked, 'didn't he ever look into the refrigerator'? He had no response. So that right there is a lie. If he was living in the home I am sure he had access to the fridge.

I think RB is a diabolical, manipulative, drug addicted sociopath. I think there's a high probability that she had more involvement than MM and planned it out and using the DCS as a cover was part of her plan. Maybe she knew exactly the cause of death because she's the one that killed Bella so she wanted to get to the detectives first to pin the actual murder on MM. I am still wondering about the refrigerator. Based on their demeanor in court today, it really appeared MM was truly baffled at some of the things the prosecutor was saying. He was also clearly medicated but still, the look on his face at some of the statements was one of shock. I wonder if any of the neighbors saw him with his therapy dog for his seizures? I'm not doubting he has them because that's not something a lawyer would say if not true due to how easily it's verified but still. Where was this dog he can't be without during the past three months?

I really wouldn't be suprised if RB snapped and killed Bella. If all she was taking for her bipolar disorder was klonopin then IMO she wasn't treating her mental illness fully and obviously her drug abuse made everything worse. Klonopin is a very common medication. Yes it's a benzo but some people need them. I take it as needed for panic attacks usually when I need to travel by plane. I had many clients on it for bipolar disorder as well but always in conjunction with a mood stabilizer and/or something else.

The demonology aspect of this case creeps me out. I can just picture RB and MM going on binges and becoming hyper focused and obsessing over this subject. This is why I think they used stimulant based drugs as well as heroin. Stimulants and bi polar disorder can lead to extreme aggression, paranoia and psychosis in some people.

Anyway, it's also likely it was MM who physically killed Bella but I agree with others who have speculated that maybe RB had a lot more to do with the actual act of murder than she is telling. She had plenty of time to come up with her version of events. She has a history of lying, why would we believe her now..and why would LE? She is seriously evil. I think she put her plan into motion when bio dad showed up and then told MM's friend banking on the fact that the cops would hear it from MM's friend (or whoever he would end up telling, in this case, his sister) that Bella was baby doe and MM killed her, so that when brought in for questioning she could elaborate on how MM allegedly killed Bella. Again, this is just a theory at this point. Hopefully there is enough forensics to back up what really happened. I am unfortunately starting to put together why MM's lawyer wanted to take his case. I'm not saying hes innocent of anything, but I think RB is a liar and is just as culpable if not more than MM..

Ok rant over

I am worried about this case going to trial. I am worried that LE does not have much against either of them except the other one's word. I am worried they might go for 1st degree murder charge with nothing to back it up. This is a case where LE had no idea who Baby Doe was for 3 months. They never released a COD---do they even have one? It seems that immediately after LE found out who Baby Doe was, they arrested RB and MM. What possible evidence could they have gathered in that short amount of time? Do they just have their "confessions"? Did they feel like they had to arrest them immediately due to inevitable public outrage? I hope they don't just rely on the victim being sympathetic and the defendants being unappealing to get a conviction. Even if they do manage to get a conviction, what happens if they get an appeal one day because of flimsy evidence?

I don't see how LE can have any more evidence at this point than RB and MM's word. That doesn't mean they won't find more, but what if they don't? What physical evidence could there be? And if they don't find anything else, are they going to drop the charges in a case like this, or take it to trial, and hope the jury convicts based on the confessions of two people involved in the murder of a child?

I don't see this case ending the way we want it to, with both beyond bars for life. I could see RB getting a deal, getting no/little jail time, someone being acquitted, maybe hung jury, etc.

Hi everyone. I've been lurking, too, but am trying to catch up. Finding all of this so heartbreaking. You all make such great points, though.

I still want to know where "Aunt Shannon" is...

I am worried about this case going to trial. I am worried that LE does not have much against either of them except the other one's word. I am worried they might go for 1st degree murder charge with nothing to back it up. This is a case where LE had no idea who Baby Doe was for 3 months. They never released a COD---do they even have one? It seems that immediately after LE found out who Baby Doe was, they arrested RB and MM. What possible evidence could they have gathered in that short amount of time? Do they just have their "confessions"? Did they feel like they had to arrest them immediately due to inevitable public outrage? I hope they don't just rely on the victim being sympathetic and the defendants being unappealing to get a conviction. Even if they do manage to get a conviction, what happens if they get an appeal one day because of flimsy evidence?

I don't see how LE can have any more evidence at this point than RB and MM's word. That doesn't mean they won't find more, but what if they don't? What physical evidence could there be? And if they don't find anything else, are they going to drop the charges in a case like this, or take it to trial, and hope the jury convicts based on the confessions of two people involved in the murder of a child?

I don't see this case ending the way we want it to, with both beyond bars for life. I could see RB getting a deal, getting no/little jail time, someone being acquitted, maybe hung jury, etc.

I hope upon hope that justice is served for beautiful Bella, but I'm wary of our justice system lately.

It's early and I haven't had coffee, but for some reason I'm reminded of the case of the young woman who was killed in an apartment. And the man and woman with her threw her into the water somewhere. They acted like it was the guy's fault and that he accidentally killed her during an erotic game or something, but I always felt like something was odd about the woman with them and that she played a bigger role than she always let on.

Anyway, that's how I feel about Rachelle. I feel like she was more compliant than she's letting on. Locking that baby in a closet is diabolical.

Oh, I just looked up the people I was thinking about and I remember now: Lizzie Marriot, killed by Seth Mazzaglia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas