James Brown, 3 newly found children

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
DNA Confirms Another James Brown Child
AIKEN, S.C. — A woman has proven through DNA testing that she is a child of the late James Brown, said a longtime adviser to the soul singer. The woman is the third person to determine through DNA testing done after Brown's death that the singer is their father, Buddy Dallas told The Augusta (Ga.) Chronicle on Monday.

About a dozen DNA tests have been performed. Some people have been ruled out as Brown's children, while other tests are pending, said Dallas, who would not release details about any of the newly found children.
Brown's will, which is being disputed in court, names six children.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/entert...James_Brown_Paternity.html?cxntnid=amn082207e

How many is that total now? By the time they round them all up they will probably all get a couple hundred dollars.

DNA Confirms Another James Brown Child
AIKEN, S.C. — A woman has proven through DNA testing that she is a child of the late James Brown, said a longtime adviser to the soul singer. The woman is the third person to determine through DNA testing done after Brown's death that the singer is their father, Buddy Dallas told The Augusta (Ga.) Chronicle on Monday.

About a dozen DNA tests have been performed. Some people have been ruled out as Brown's children, while other tests are pending, said Dallas, who would not release details about any of the newly found children.
Brown's will, which is being disputed in court, names six children.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/entert...James_Brown_Paternity.html?cxntnid=amn082207e

That's just sad.

Why do so many of these people wait until after someone dies to establish paternity? Are they just after his estate?

Are they just after his estate?

That'd be my guess - especially the ones who turned out NOT to be Brown's kids.

Who knows on the rest. Maybe they did try to establish paternity and the Godfather of Soul wouldn't go for it.

How many is that total now? By the time they round them all up they will probably all get a couple hundred dollars.
--yep--this is really hilarious--Its like winning the Lotto,thinking you're the only winner and then a dozen other winners show up at the lottery office--

Oh that wife Tommie Ray must be fuming. Have they buried him yet?

I know they buried him, unsure where though. He was on ice for a long time. Sounds like ole James had issues with keeping his zipper shut. I wonder how many kids he knew about? His last wife was a real winner.
I wonder if her child is their child. I recall reading she would not do a DNA.

Wow, poor guy! He always looked somewhat "gay" to me though always liked his music! Hope he can rest in peace, we all deserve that in spite of our shortcomings..

I know they buried him, unsure where though. He was on ice for a long time. Sounds like ole James had issues with keeping his zipper shut. I wonder how many kids he knew about? His last wife was a real winner.
I wonder if her child is their child. I recall reading she would not do a DNA.
Yes, that is what the article said. I think something is up with that. She did go on to say that if all the children had a DNA test, she would allow the boy to be tested. Wonder why she doesn't just do it? It isn't like it is an invasive test or anything. Just a swab in the mouth.:waitasec:

Yes, that is what the article said. I think something is up with that. She did go on to say that if all the children had a DNA test, she would allow the boy to be tested. Wonder why she doesn't just do it? It isn't like it is an invasive test or anything. Just a swab in the mouth.:waitasec:

He acknowledged this child as his tho, right? I would think that makes a difference compared to the strangers that are showing up out of the wood work. Legally, this child is his... she doesn't need to prove it with a paternity test - it's not like James is in the position to contest it...

He acknowledged this child as his tho, right? I would think that makes a difference compared to the strangers that are showing up out of the wood work. Legally, this child is his... she doesn't need to prove it with a paternity test - it's not like James is in the position to contest it...

A bit off topic, but could you (or anyone) elaborate on this? If a man acknowledges a child as his, even though he knows he is not the biological father.... what are the US laws about this, are they federal, or vary from state to state?

The laws regarding establishing paternity or disputing it vary from state to state. Since they were not legally married and I'm not sure whether or not their state was one of a handful of states that recognize common law or not, if he signed the acknowledgement of paternity then he is the legal father. 5 or 6 years down the road is generally too late to dispute paternity. If JB never legally acknowledged paternity then his common law wife is probably SOL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back