Starting from scratch

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK gang-we are getting closer...the ER Doc Notes as posted by Christine and quoted by Rose are from an email that NB sent to a member of LE in 2007. I have the original email in my files and here is a copy paste regarding that particular report:
(The number 6 denotes the question number from the member of LE, Answer denotes NB response. I want to point out that the words I italicized are conclusions reached by NB, not by the ER dr.)
snip
6. What were the circumstances of his mugging and beating ? What police
dept took a report ? Who is the investigating officer and how can I get a
copy of the report? What are his injuries besides the amnesia?

Answer - He was found naked and unresponsive and covered with fire ant
bites beside a dumpster. The dumpster is behind a Burger King on Highway 17,
right across from Interstate 95 (exit 87), in Richmond Hill, GA.
The Richmond Hill Police Department (phone #912-756-5645) responded to
the call and the "miscellaneous incident" report case #04080687 dated
8/31/04 shows Corporal Potts was on the scene (I have already made a copy of
this report as well as the EMS report for you - just tell me where to mail
it). This is where the vagabond label was first applied to him and has made
it virtually impossible for me to get any assistance for this man without
the aid of a U.S. Congressman. Lt. Mike Albritton recalls the incident. He
said his friend's wife worked the ER at St. Joseph's Hospital then in
Savannah where they took Mr. Kyle and he was dubbed "Burger King Doe"
because of where they found him. I asked if I could talk to someone who was
actually on the scene and he said none of them are working on RHPD now. He
said he is sure that Mr. Kyle is a vagabond. I asked how could he be sure if
he wasn't there. He said his friend told him and that his friend also found
clothes in the dumpster. I asked if I could speak to him and he said he no
longer works for RHPD. I don't think anyone thought to use the clothing as
evidence and it is too late now.

Mr. Kyle stayed in St. Joseph's Hospital for approximately two weeks.
Upon admission, the ER doctor reported him as appearing as a well-developed
and well-nourished middle-aged man (not a bum), although he had depressed
neurological reflexes (which is not a positive finding) and rapid heartbeat.
His liver function was normal, alcohol and drug screen was negative, his
condition on admission was considered serious per the ER doctor's report. He
was sent up to the Neuro (7th) floor. A CT scan of the head was normal
except for several small lacunes (depressions) in the right cerebellar
hemisphere. Perhaps a closed-head injury? The attending doctor states in his
report that Mr. Kyle's labs are "surprisingly within normal limits" -
probably because this is not the case for homeless people by the time they
reach middle age - they would usually have bad liver damage by then and very
poor nutrition. Mr. Kyle's lab tests alone are indicative of one who had
practiced a healthy lifestyle right up to the time of his attack. He
presently has very good to excellent health and needs no prescription or
over-the-counter drugs to maintain this favorable state of health.
snip

Now I am completely confused, I have to say, because I now I can see it was not the ER docs words that indicated a closed head injury, but in fact NB's. I have to believe that there would have been a note of head trauma somewhere if it was apparent. ???

Hi all,

I apologize if this is a duplicate so please feel free to delete. Webleuths was mentioned in the article (minus the *s*) so I thought I would forward this over.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/says-one-fitzpatrick-2597526-dna-case

By TOM BERG
The Orange County Register
Comments | Recommend

The theories keep getting weirder.

He's a victim of 2004's Hurricane Charley.

He's a musician who supposedly "died" in 1996.

He's man who disappeared while tracking a turtle migration in 2004.

Truth is, no one knows who amnesia victim "B.K. Doe" is. Not he. Not the posters at websleuth.com. Not the viewers of Dr. Phil.

Not even DNA detective Colleen Fitzpatrick – and she's never been stumped.

"I just don't know how to find out who the guy is," says the former nuclear physicist who's written three books on finding people.

This is also part of the LE email I have in my files-it would be interesting to know what Mr. Kyle recalls about his vision. The italics are again mine indicating NB's opinion I believe....
snip
"It is also interesting to note that his cataracts were not diagnosed until
approximately October of 2004. When he came out of his
unconscious/unresponsive state he would have been functionally blind. It is quite possible that he was struck on the head and became unconscious with his eyes open. The sun damage could easily have caused the cataracts.
He had other symptoms brought on from exposure to the elements including tachycardia (rapid heart beat) and elevated blood pressure. He also had apositive Babinski reflex according to the EMS report (an abnormal finding except during the first six months of life) - this would lead one to suspect neurological damage. That is probably why the EMS completely immobilized him before transporting him to the ER."
snip

So we really do not have actual response or medical records, just second hand information from some people interviewed? It seems that the responding officers certainly did not do their due diligence. What if he had been someone famous and they did not even investigate correctly---the media would have been all over them. To disregard clothing in the dumpster? Actually, that leads to a new train of thought. I wonder how often that dumpster would have been emptied? Could he have been in there for a day or two? Did the trash company rotate dumpsters out--new empty ones in and old ones removed? Maybe he came in on a new dumpster?? What was the trash company? Come on LE--do we really have to do your job for you?:doh: :razz: :slap:

O/T regarding the OC Register article---Did anyone here suggest he was abducted by aliens? They make us look like a bunch of crack shots! Hmmphf! IMO he was not abducted by aliens...he'd at least have memories of that, wouldn't he? Good lord! :angel:

So we really do not have actual response or medical records, just second hand information from some people interviewed? It seems that the responding officers certainly did not do their due diligence. What if he had been someone famous and they did not even investigate correctly---the media would have been all over them. To disregard clothing in the dumpster? Actually, that leads to a new train of thought. I wonder how often that dumpster would have been emptied? Could he have been in there for a day or two? Did the trash company rotate dumpsters out--new empty ones in and old ones removed? Maybe he came in on a new dumpster?? What was the trash company? Come on LE--do we really have to do your job for you?:doh: :razz: :slap:

O/T regarding the OC Register article---Did anyone here suggest he was abducted by aliens? They make us look like a bunch of crack shots! Hmmphf! IMO he was not abducted by aliens...he'd at least have memories of that, wouldn't he? Good lord! :angel:

Dont stress Jules, lol-the alien comments were from the Dr Phil Message Boards...there was a big discussion regarding chip implantation and the like.

I am less on the bandwagon regarding LE not doing their job rather than simply :waitasec:. I like to try and get into their heads-why did they think he was a vagrant? If there was outward sign of a crime, why would they not follow up on it? It is what they do...police help people....even vagrants.

I am trying to reconcile whether BK was failed by everyone-first responders, LE, the ER doc, the hospitals and the JC Lewis Health Center. Beyond that, he is being failed by anyone who ever knew him who is not looking for him...on top of that, the single most astute law enforcement agency in the world (The FBI) cannot come up with the goods on him.

It would be nice to see the first reports because it would shed light on his physical state-pulse, blood pressure, bruises, scratches, wounds. Were his eyes blackened by his head injury? If there was a head injury-what if they missed a stroke or convulsice syncope or an allergic reaction to whatever the rash/ant bites...

I just feel like we are missing something-and fwiw in my experience with law enforcement and agencies that deal with people on the fringes of society (even if there is a perception of that) they do not throw these people away. I have yet to find an actual case where there has been callous disregard on the part of law enforcement...but perhaps this is the one. Who knows.

But maybe if we can look at the story with fresh eyes, there is something there that will lead to this man's previous life....

Thanks Believe, you are so right! What you said made me so sad, but you are right; everyone seemed to fail him, and looking at everything fresh is definitely the way to go. He reminds me of someone who could be my grandfather, and I want so much to help him find the family who loves him. We cannot fail him. :blowkiss:

I just wonder if the reason noone is looking for him is because they are no longer alive. Perhaps neighbors thought he moved; his immediate family may be dead, etc. Have we looked into car accidents, homicides, crimes around the days he was found? Perhaps he was one of the victims of a crime, and the perpetrators took him to GA, away from the crime area. Have we looked at kidnappings? Not everyone in the country has heard of his case yet---even with the coverage, it has still been limited coverage. When I tell people about BK they are shocked; they had never heard about him. Newsweek will help, but we need the Today show or 20/20 or something like that to do an expose on him.

The answer is right under our noses--I feel it in my bones...we just have to find it!

Dont stress Jules, lol-the alien comments were from the Dr Phil Message Boards...there was a big discussion regarding chip implantation and the like.

I am less on the bandwagon regarding LE not doing their job rather than simply :waitasec:. I like to try and get into their heads-why did they think he was a vagrant? If there was outward sign of a crime, why would they not follow up on it? It is what they do...police help people....even vagrants.

I am trying to reconcile whether BK was failed by everyone-first responders, LE, the ER doc, the hospitals and the JC Lewis Health Center. Beyond that, he is being failed by anyone who ever knew him who is not looking for him...on top of that, the single most astute law enforcement agency in the world (The FBI) cannot come up with the goods on him.

It would be nice to see the first reports because it would shed light on his physical state-pulse, blood pressure, bruises, scratches, wounds. Were his eyes blackened by his head injury? If there was a head injury-what if they missed a stroke or convulsice syncope or an allergic reaction to whatever the rash/ant bites...

I just feel like we are missing something-and fwiw in my experience with law enforcement and agencies that deal with people on the fringes of society (even if there is a perception of that) they do not throw these people away. I have yet to find an actual case where there has been callous disregard on the part of law enforcement...but perhaps this is the one. Who knows.

But maybe if we can look at the story with fresh eyes, there is something there that will lead to this man's previous life....

===================================
In looking back over posts and my own saved articles about BK,
I notice that it is said the first responders were new to the police force.
In several it says they did not check the dumpsters, but later versions say they did find clothing. But, if so, the clothing was never booked into evidence.
I am just thinking, maybe they were not up for the job.??
But then when I was new to a job, I was over vigilant, making sure I had not missed a thing.

Would Benjaman Kyle release the medical documents to one of us, say believe09?
Or at least the emergency room medical?
And if Benjaman K has the police report, would he release that copy, just to one of us?

I don't think that BK was failed by the system.
Well, maybe the police dept., in that they did not
treat the dumpster area as a possible crime scene.
But from all accounts, he was treated adequately at the e.r., hospitals and later at JC Lewis Ctr. (perhaps not after he started working for them)

But he has a lot of people working on his behalf, the FBI, local police dept., Rep. Kingston, NB, Dr Phil show, hypnotist, psychiatrists,
Colleen F, WS, and more.

True, no one, has been able to discover his identity.
Which is why this is such a puzzle.
He must be from somewhere and known some people.

Fresh eyes. Fresh eyes.

Thanks Believe, you are so right! What you said made me so sad, but you are right; everyone seemed to fail him, and looking at everything fresh is definitely the way to go. He reminds me of someone who could be my grandfather, and I want so much to help him find the family who loves him. We cannot fail him. :blowkiss:

I just wonder if the reason noone is looking for him is because they are no longer alive. Perhaps neighbors thought he moved; his immediate family may be dead, etc. Have we looked into car accidents, homicides, crimes around the days he was found? Perhaps he was one of the victims of a crime, and the perpetrators took him to GA, away from the crime area. Have we looked at kidnappings? Not everyone in the country has heard of his case yet---even with the coverage, it has still been limited coverage. When I tell people about BK they are shocked; they had never heard about him. Newsweek will help, but we need the Today show or 20/20 or something like that to do an expose on him.

The answer is right under our noses--I feel it in my bones...we just have to find it!
=================================================

BK reminds me of my high school friends, the ones I have not seen since we graduated.

My family knows how involved I am about Benjaman K and his amnesia, etc. But they do not show any signs of interest.
As for my friends, except for my best friend, they are just sort of aware about BK's story.

That is one reason I think people from Indiana and Colorado might be the best bet in identifying him.
Of course, there has been quite a bit of publicity there for him.

I know I have researched so much about Aug. 2004, Georiga, Aug. 2004, the nation, crimes, etc., etc..

For some reason, I think it will be a fluke, when he is identified.
Maybe he will be walking past a reporter's camera guy, the camera guy's mom is waiting for him to go to lunch, and she says,
I know him, I went to school with him in Indiana, but then he moved away.
.....drum roll....

BK reminds me of my high school friends, the ones I have not seen since we graduated.

My family knows how involved I am about Benjaman K and his amnesia, etc. But they do not show any signs of interest.
As for my friends, except for my best friend, they are just sort of aware about BK's story.

That is one reason I think people from Indiana and Colorado might be the best bet in identifying him.

I know I have researched so much about Aug. 2004, Georiga, Aug. 2004, the nation, crimes, etc., etc..

Maybe he will be walking past a reporter's camera guy, the camera guy's mom is waiting for him to go to lunch, and she says,
.....drum roll....

We have to find a way to target the senior's, 50 and above crowd, including nursing homes, imo.

.....drum roll....

Or at some point, he may, simply...remember. God Bless Him.

respectfully snipped Not everyone in the country has heard of his case yet---even with the coverage, it has still been limited coverage. When I tell people about BK they are shocked; they had never heard about him. Newsweek will help, but we need the Today show or 20/20 or something like that to do an expose on him.

While there has been coverage, I do not feel there's been enough.
I'm in NJ, people here have not heard of him.
If he is in his 60's, I feel that someone missing him probably does not use the internet; but it's possible someone sort of related could.

It's been my intention since coming here to start a blog, get a web site up, make a new email address. I wanted to get the best information that everyone had on him, then compose a mass email that we could all send.

I know a lot of people here have done much work but looking at it with fresh eyes, there was always something I would change on the info pages.

I also wanted to post about him to a few message boards I go to; but haven't gotten that far. Same story, if I'm going to make the post, I want as much correct info as I can find because once someone opens the post, they might not come back for a 2nd look.

I just wonder if the reason noone is looking for him is because they are no longer alive. Perhaps neighbors thought he moved; his immediate family may be dead, etc. Have we looked into car accidents, homicides, crimes around the days he was found? Perhaps he was one of the victims of a crime, and the perpetrators took him to GA, away from the crime area. Have we looked at kidnappings?

I also feel he's not actually in the missing persons lists; I feel the same, either his people are no longer here, too old, or that he moved away and no one realizes he's missing. I also think that due to the type of work he did, it wasn't unusual for him to be gone long periods of time.

I want to respectfully suggest that any future email campaigns be more conservative in their approach to the facts surrounding his discovery. I think it is appropriate to say he was found unconscious next to the dumpster, I think continuing to state that he was naked is in poor taste (JMO) and that his amnesia is making it difficult for him to recapture the life he had prior to his discovery. Once we get more solid documentation of BK being a victim of a crime, we can revisit that in our communications.

My fear is that we are feeding the rumor mill with statements that are unsubstantiated and we may be preventing some real leads from being called in because people are dismissing their knowledge of him...does this make sense to you?

I want to respectfully suggest that any future email campaigns be more conservative in their approach to the facts surrounding his discovery. I think it is appropriate to say he was found unconscious next to the dumpster, I think continuing to state that he was naked is in poor taste (JMO) and that his amnesia is making it difficult for him to recapture the life he had prior to his discovery. Once we get more solid documentation of BK being a victim of a crime, we can revisit that in our communications.

My fear is that we are feeding the rumor mill with statements that are unsubstantiated and we may be preventing some real leads from being called in because people are dismissing their knowledge of him...does this make sense to you?

I agree with you 100%....stick to the facts. Y'all have been 'starting from scratch' and IMO realizing that we don't have ALL the facts here.

I said that to you at one time.. its something I was going to change on the fliers I wanted to make. There has to be a way to say he was found with no ID without saying he wasn't wearing clothes.

I said that to you at one time.. its something I was going to change on the fliers I wanted to make. There has to be a way to say he was found with no ID without saying he wasn't wearing clothes.

Thank you for reminding me that it was you-I knew it was a position I adopted because it had been pointed out to me!!!

So since we are starting from scratch, I think I will start my emails and future correspondence to read:

It has been five years since "Benjaman Kyle" was located unconscious behind a Burger King in Richmond Hill, GA. Intially assumed to be a vagrant by first responders, staff at St. Joseph's Hospital in Savannah quickly discovered that this intelligent articulate man was suffering from amnesia. With no recollection of his own name or even a firm recollection of where he had come from, he has been living at the mercy of friends and former caregivers; a "Real Live Nobody" in spite of the best efforts of local police and the FBI to determine his true identity.

Mr. Kyle chose his name based on a belief that the name "Benjaman" held some significance to him and he chose the "Kyle" in order to honor the establishment he was found behind. (BK) His fingerprints have been entered into AFIS, his primary DNA entered into CODIS, his paternal DNA has been entered into genealogy websites and he has even been featured on the Dr. Phil Show and in the National Enquirer. There have been no solid leads that have uncovered his past and he is unable to work or file for benefits because he cannot prove he is an American citizen.

Won't you please help him by featuring him on your show or even on your website?

It has been five long years of struggle and searching. Five years of living off of others with nothing to give but his kind, generous heart and significant abilities. Please give him a hand and feature him so that someone, anyone, who may know him can come forward and end the nightmare of not knowing who he is and where he belongs.

Media Links:
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjaman_Kyle"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benjaman_Kyle[/ame]

http://savannahnow.com/node/364434
http://www.thegeneticgenealogist.com/2009/01/07/using-genetic-genealogy-to-solve-the-mystery-of-benjaman-kyle/
http://www.indy.com/posts/benjaman-kyle-wikipedia-the-free-encyclopedia
http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1146

Thank you for your time and attention!

Sincerely,

this is from the other post I replied to... Perhaps you can make a new post saying that no one send out anything until something can be written, then everyone can copy and paste it into an email.

I feel a new post is the way to go, as well as possibly bumping the existing posts saying to please check this post here before spreading the story.

Hopefully my post tone is coming off ok, if not I apologize.
I think the work everyone has done is awesome.
Changes I am suggesting are after looking at it with new eyes.. I've said this before on how I feel about things that would be sent out. You're possibly only getting one shot, the information has to be as correct as possible.
I think that before anything goes out that it should be an organized thing.

Here are some of the things I would change on the 2 fliers I have printed out

Flier has 3 pics - one where he's leaning his arms on banister. Says Do you know this man? - Flier 1
Websleuths link - add
No Tattoos or piercings - add
his weight - says 240 - I would broaden it some - possibly 230 - 260?
Marks scars - small round scar on left side of face near chin - include possibly from "accident"
add - skin graft scar
- possible dental work

I would rewrite the part where it starts he doesn't have any tattoos or piercings. He has vague recollection of Colorado (add dates he thinks he was there) - rewrite the whole blurb, taking things out

2 pics - left is front with mustach grey then the side shot
I would add "Featured on Dr Phil" 11/16/2008

Add the blog link for anon comments/tips
Add the video link - I would use a tiny url for this custom for Ben
Also add the possible states by linguist

Amnesia Victim Needs your help - has 7 photos - Flier 2 link
Take out naked - add that he was found without ID
pic on top left - under pic write Scar
2nd pic in oval lable it full facial hair
pic 3 - lable clean shaven
Pic 5 - bottom left - lable dark beard
pics 6 & 7 - lable - Age regression from Dr Phil show

It says - he may have been born around - take that out - I would add age - 50 -60+ and/or change year to 1946- 1956

Blog link for comments
Custom video URL

You get the picture.
I can probably do some of it while hubby is getting treatment.

1st, I would say to people wanting to email to wait until the draft is final.
If they would like a copy of the email to please have their name added to a link so that one person can send out the whole email so that the information is all correct.

When sending, people should use the BCC feature to add email addresses so that no one is sharing email addresses on the email going out. The email will hit viral status; safe email/computing practices should be followed.

His fingerprints have been entered into AFIS, his primary DNA entered into CODIS

I would spell out what AFIS is as well as CODIS and any other terms used here that someone may not know.

I would format the email with photos, so that the person has as much information to view right there without clicking links.

Someone like my MIL would have no clue what to do with it. This is the age of people needing to be targeted.

Also addition of sending on to nursing homes - the more people in states like FL or Arizona the better where older people may have retired to.
Also restaurant.

Next thought, what ever came of Canada?

I did not see this posted here, I just came across this info on this site. It shows he remembers part of a social security # that is consistent w/ Michigan

Amnesia victim. White male btwn 50-60 yrs old. Well-mannered. Professional. Found unconscious near Burger King dumpster in the Savannah, GA area on 31 Aug 2004. Remembers part of SSN that is consistent with Michigan]

http://americasmissingadults.com/Default.asp?pagenum=27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member