TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm maybe they want the perp to think they are investigating the brother. Make him feel save and he will mess up????

I've seen the parents on Nancy Grace.

I have been told that they are operating under the suggestions of LE regarding appearances and what is given to the media.

I keep reading that a lot of people think they should be bombarding the air waves, but if LE is executing a plan, then I am sure they are doing what the experts think is the right thing to do for the case (and not the general public want-to-knows like us). Same for the family spokesperson.

Thanks for the feedback on the family speaking up. Basically, I recalled the mom and dad's initial discussion in the media and the mom's breakdown (painful for sure), but I had seen nothing else from anyone except the singing cousin. I seem to recall a tad bit more in other high profile missing person cases. I'm impressed that with so little information coming from LE or family that volunteer counts stay so high. That speaks volumes of the quality of character of the people connected with the search, the locals and Tennessee residents. Lesser people would burn out. I applaud them.

On Thursday, law enforcement officers conducted searches and reassessed the areas that have already been searched to determine their course of action.

Tennessee Highway Patrol Lt. Brad Wilbanks said today that about 500 volunteers are searching a more narrowly defined area after authorities ruled out territory that has been thoroughly examined for any evidence in Bobo's abduction.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...fined-area?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

much more at link

G'day all!

Couple of questions....

Where did the info about hair being found on the duct tape come from?
MOO-the tape looks new, is too long to have been over a mouth and is too crisp to have been used for binding. Honestly it looks like it was placed there very carefully. Hadn't there been big rains prior to it being found?

and

Do we have any verified locals on here? If you're local please get in touch with a mod and become verified! Once verified if you would, change the little tag under your name to say something like "verified local in Holly Bobo's case". Thank you for being here!

Investigators revisited key areas on Thursday in the search for 20-year-old nursing student Holly Bobo, who disappeared from her home in rural Decatur County more than a week ago.

They downplayed media reports about a woman whose boyfriend had chased away a man who attempted to abduct her in the early morning hours in January. That incident happened in Hickman County, about 50 miles or more from where Bobo disappeared.

"It is one of the many leads we are working," said Kristin Helm, a spokeswoman for the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. "Yes, an agent has spoken with her.

"We've received more than 300 and we're looking at all of them," Helm said of the leads police have received since Bobo's April 13 disappearance. "This is just one that the media has picked up on."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/21/us-tennessee-woman-idUSTRE73K8EC20110421

It strikes me that LE is searching outside, and I understand that would be most logical. I wonder if the perp has her inside somewhere? I think she is alive. Never felt that until this morning.

I have been told that they are operating under the suggestions of LE regarding appearances and what is given to the media.

I keep reading that a lot of people think they should be bombarding the air waves, but if LE is executing a plan, then I am sure they are doing what the experts think is the right thing to do for the case (and not the general public want-to-knows like us). Same for the family spokesperson.

For all we know (and not saying this is the case), they could be communicating with the suspect. They are the professionals, not us. I'm sure they have psychologists, hostage negotiaters, etc., working & telling them what to do in this particular situation. I am praying that she comes home, and if she is deceased, that the family gets some closure, if there is such a thing.

This is what the family spokesman said about info being released to puNORVILLE: As you know, today the police indicated, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation indicated they do have the DNA results of that blood, but they`re not releasing it to the public. Is it frustrating to the family to know that there is so much information that has gone unreported or unpublicized?

BROMLEY: Well, obviously, in an investigation of this nature, you know, information, when it`s not passed on, it can be frustrating. But they also know that those who are investigating, the TBI, the FBI, are very competent. And they want to make sure that -- you know, they know that when information is released that it is very factual. There`s been a lot of -- as with any case, there`s always a lot of rumors that begin circling and surfacing in an investigation of this nature. But the family has full confidence that they are following up on leads and doing the best they can with the investigation.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/20/ng.01.html

It strikes me that LE is searching outside, and I understand that would be most logical. I wonder if the perp has her inside somewhere? I think she is alive. Never felt that until this morning.

Gosh I hope your feelings are right. Just this morning I started losing a little hope. Holly reminds me so much of my own daughter. I want her home safe with her family.

G'day all!

Couple of questions....

Where did the info about hair being found on the duct tape come from?
MOO-the tape looks new, is too long to have been over a mouth and is too crisp to have been used for binding. Honestly it looks like it was placed there very carefully. Hadn't there been big rains prior to it being found?

and

Do we have any verified locals on here? If you're local please get in touch with a mod and become verified! Once verified if you would, change the little tag under your name to say something like "verified local in Holly Bobo's case". Thank you for being here!
to the best of my knowledge it came from abc news (the duct tape)

LE has never verified the duct tape only the lunch box

here is link to all the tbi releases in the case:
http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/news_room/press_release.shtml

(((not saying I don't think the duct tape is related... it is just not confirmed by LE)))

Well where do you suppose they will go??????
I know especially since they have continuously said that they feel the perp is in that community. Makes people from surrounding areas not be as alert for weird behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10EC_Dad View Post
I know of someone who has been seen driving by the Bobo house almost everyday for quite sometime. He has had some contact with the family but I do not know to what extent. He is local and familiar with the area. I wonder if he has been questioned?

Please call and report it to LE.

Definitely. Does he wear a green canvas military like coat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmalan