Janet's body to be exhumed

It appears that Janet's remains WILL be exhumed:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7930081/

CHAMBERSBURG, PA. — A Pennsylvania judge ordered Friday that the remains of a woman killed in her Durham home five years ago be exhumed so authorities can search for evidence in her death.

(more at link)

Sounds like Michael Peterson's "blow-poke' that was conveniently found at the 11th hour. Surly the cops don't think he sent them the actual knife he used to kill Janet:waitasec:
I read some where that the knife he mailed was once a set of three. Maybe it was not the actual knife maybe it was. But whay would he have any of the knives if they were taken during the search warrant of the home?

I read some where that the knife he mailed was once a set of three. Maybe it was not the actual knife maybe it was. But whay would he have any of the knives if they were taken during the search warrant of the home?

"Raven Abaroa allegedly told police several items were missing from the home, including a collection of throwing knives, court documents state. He later told investigators he found one of those knives after packing his things and moving to Utah."

Guess it depends on how thorough the search was?
Yes, it would be very odd that a 'set' was 'stolen', but yet he mysteriously finds 'one' in his packed belongings after moving to Utah.

BTW, was Janet in bed at 8:30 to go to sleep (told cops), or was she "folding laundry" and getting ready to watch a taped episode of General Hospital (told NCWANTED)?

He told people several things. He did tell people she was folding laundry when he left. He did say she was sitting down to watch General Hospital and during then he said she was in bed.

During the NC Wanted Video he said they folded clothes together and put them away and then they had the "Hallmark Moment" where he kissed her and said he loved and said "we really have a nice family here" or something like that.

All the knives in the home were taken and the house was supposedly thoroughly searched. If that was a set or collection of knives, how did he find it Utah when unpacking in 2007? Two years later?

Also weird, the news said he videotaped himself packing the knife to mail to police. How odd. He didn't realize knives were important, his wife was stabbed to death, and so where is the rest of his collection?

I doubt he mailed the knife that was used to kill Janet, but how wacky was that?

Seemed like Amos Tyndall left quite ticked off and I have a feeling this trial is going to be very dramatic. I have a feeling Amos Tyndall likes to put on a show and is quite theatrical. Such a shame the family has to go through this.

I notice the gravestone they showed was Christiansen. This has to be so hard on their entire family and my thoughts and prayers are with the family & friends of Janet.

It is obvious the cops and ME had numerous blunders early in this investigation.
Do we know if Janet's core body temp was taken at the scene for TOD?
These early investigative details are not documented in public records...but neither is this vital information in the Michelle Young case. I assume there is a 'non-public' death scene investigation report that is part of the sealed police investigation files?

How could an apparent bloody hand-print on Ravens sweatshirt not be investigated early on with an attempt to match Janet's hand and thus basically seal his fate from day one?
I find this apparent 'oversight' very disturbing.

I believe it's the same Medical Examiner in both cases. Didn't this medical examiner forget to do a rape kit on Michelle?

I hope the core temp was taken. I do believe the ME has to answer a lot of questions.

I believe Janet was murdered BEFORE he left for soccer. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

I

I believe Janet was murdered BEFORE he left for soccer. It's the only thing that makes sense to me.

You would think EMS would realize she was dead for at least 2 1/2 hours when they first arrived :waitasec:
Since the ME stated TOD was likely 10:55PM (Raven returned @ 10:40PM and EMS arrived shortly after 11), that should mean there was absolutely no signs of death like rigor, livor or cool body temp.

I tend to think he returned home that night and a vicious argument ended in Janet's death. Perhaps he snapped and ambushed her from behind w/ his knife...MOO

Speaking of the ME, they didn't come to the home to conduct preliminary tests because it is stated the first view of the body was in the morgue, 33 hours later. :banghead:

Raven stated he found Janet in a "kneeling position" (sounds like he let her down slowly and she 'bled out' in that position) and said he then rolled her over and saw she was "blue" ..."her eyes are open"..."shes not with me"..."I put my hand right on the chest...its not bleeding....it's nothing" .ME stated the injury "about 10:50 PM and TOD at 10:55PM" (911 was 10:58). It must have been obvious to the cops, fire dept and EMS she had just died moments before (hard to mistake a body >2 1/2 hours postmortem vs one that died 10 minutes earlier).

Another thing....would you not be concerned a perpetrator was still in the house, especially with the baby crying? Well, Michael Peterson didn't seem too concerned either.......

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7986532/

Slain Durham woman's body being exhumed Monday

"Janet Abaroa's family released a statement Sunday night saying that they would not be present for the exhumation and that they are disappointed with one portion of it.

"The family is disappointed that their request to suspend video taping during the portion of the procedure that would involve the removal of Mrs. Abaroa’s sacred burial clothing was denied by Mr. Abaroa and his attorney, Amos Tyndall. As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints himself, one would expect that Mr. Abaroa would understand the significance of this request, especially considering it has no evidentiary value."

The family said they "have decided not to be present for the exhumation nor the re-interment. The family will, at a later date, have a private gathering at the cemetery."

terminatrixator....now that we know Janet left a bloody hand-print on Raven's sweatshirt, that pretty much proves he killed her after he returned from soccer.

terminatrixator....now that we know Janet left a bloody hand-print on Raven's sweatshirt, that pretty much proves he killed her after he returned from soccer.

Hmm, very good point. Though I still believe he killed her before he went to soccer, I cannot explain this. I'm sure we'll find out at trial.

You would think EMS would realize she was dead for at least 2 1/2 hours when they first arrived :waitasec:
Since the ME stated TOD was likely 10:55PM (Raven returned @ 10:40PM and EMS arrived shortly after 11), that should mean there was absolutely no signs of death like rigor, livor or cool body temp.

I tend to think he returned home that night and a vicious argument ended in Janet's death. Perhaps he snapped and ambushed her from behind w/ his knife...MOO

I do not think whatsoever there was a vicious argument that night that ended in Janet's death. It was planned and premeditated, IMO

The ME didn't even view Janet's body for 36 hours. Janet was blue, cold, and showing signs of rigor mortis, as stated by Raven in the 911 call. She couldn't have been dead 10 minutes.

Speaking of the ME, they didn't come to the home to conduct preliminary tests because it is stated the first view of the body was in the morgue, 33 hours later. :banghead:

Raven stated he found Janet in a "kneeling position" (sounds like he let her down slowly and she 'bled out' in that position) and said he then rolled her over and saw she was "blue" ..."her eyes are open"..."shes not with me"..."I put my hand right on the chest...its not bleeding....it's nothing" .ME stated the injury "about 10:50 PM and TOD at 10:55PM" (911 was 10:58). It must have been obvious to the cops, fire dept and EMS she had just died moments before (hard to mistake a body >2 1/2 hours postmortem vs one that died 10 minutes earlier).

Another thing....would you not be concerned a perpetrator was still in the house, especially with the baby crying? Well, Michael Peterson didn't seem too concerned either.......

You are correct. He also told people she kneeled when she had "cramps". This is just ONE of the reasons I believe he knew she was pregnant and the "kneeling" was also part of the staged 911 call.

He wanted to deny the fact that they knew she was pregnant again. This is of course my opinion, after 5 years of waiting for Justice for Janet, I have a lot of opinions, some things we won't know for sure until trial I suppose.

I do know that the Medical Examiner on this case...should be ashamed of himself.

I do not think whatsoever there was a vicious argument that night that ended in Janet's death. It was planned and premeditated, IMO

The ME didn't even view Janet's body for 36 hours. Janet was blue, cold, and showing signs of rigor mortis, as stated by Raven in the 911 call. She couldn't have been dead 10 minutes.

A blue face is often one of the 1st signs of oxygen deprivation.
I did not take he was seeing a stage of livor.
Where did you get she was "cold" and "showing signs of rigor" in the 911 call?

Oh, it was 'premeditated' for sure.
You can't reach for a knife and stab someone from behind multiple times and say that act was not premeditated.
All I am saying is I think something 'triggered' his rage....perhaps it was before he left that evening and he stewed on it or when he arrived back home. If he methodically 'planned' this murder with these circumstances, Raven is far dumber than I thought.

You are correct. He also told people she kneeled when she had "cramps". This is just ONE of the reasons I believe he knew she was pregnant and the "kneeling" was also part of the staged 911 call.

He wanted to deny the fact that they knew she was pregnant again. This is of course my opinion, after 5 years of waiting for Justice for Janet, I have a lot of opinions, some things we won't know for sure until trial I suppose.

I do know that the Medical Examiner on this case...should be ashamed of himself.

Maybe he learned she was likely pregnant earlier that day and quickly decided he would rather carry on a life w/ just he and Kaiden? Perhaps thinking of the financial burden of a wife and 2 babies sent him over the edge?

I agree, saying she was 'on her knees' when he found her 'dead' was staged for 911. He probably delivered the fatal wound while she was in that crouched position. He probably told 911 that tid-bit in case the ME somehow determined that she was in that position postmortem.

Oh, it was 'premeditated' for sure.
You can't reach for a knife and stab someone from behind multiple times and say that act was not premeditated.
All I am saying is I think something 'triggered' his rage....perhaps it was before he left that evening and he stewed on it or when he arrived back home. If he methodically 'planned' this murder with these circumstances, Raven is far dumber than I thought.

I think the planning started with the large life insurance policy they could hardly afford, along with the If I were a Bird blog the day before, it continued on when Janet's car went to the shop and conveniently his VX was then parked elsewhere. They ate dinner, and then he decided to go to a pick-up group soccer, there are many other things that lead me to believe this was pre-meditated much longer than a "rage killing."

A new child and another one on the way is hard and scary for most men, especially when they are facing a trial for embezzling from a company, all the while knowing that at the end of the month he'll be jobless again. He couldn't pay his rent either but he was able to pay for that soccer game and he didn't miss a beat with the life insurance policy.

I think Janet's murder was extremely methodical right down to coming home to call 911.

He said she was blue and nothing, she was supposedly not even bleeding during that 911 call though. She stopped bleeding in 10 minutes?

He's told people she was cold, he told them she was warm, he told people he gave her a priest blessing, he told people he performed cpr on her. He can't have it all ways.

I think the planning started with the large life insurance policy they could hardly afford, along with the If I were a Bird blog the day before, it continued on when Janet's car went to the shop and conveniently his VX was then parked elsewhere. They ate dinner, and then he decided to go to a pick-up group soccer, there are many other things that lead me to believe this was pre-meditated much longer than a "rage killing."

A new child and another one on the way is hard and scary for most men, especially when they are facing a trial for embezzling from a company, all the while knowing that at the end of the month he'll be jobless again. He couldn't pay his rent either but he was able to pay for that soccer game and he didn't miss a beat with the life insurance policy.

I think Janet's murder was extremely methodical right down to coming home to call 911.

He said she was blue and nothing, she was supposedly not even bleeding during that 911 call though. She stopped bleeding in 10 minutes?

He's told people she was cold, he told them she was warm, he told people he gave her a priest blessing, he told people he performed cpr on her. He can't have it all ways.

When the heart stopped pumping, any bleeding from the wounds would very quickly stop. The ME estimated 5 minutes from attack to death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back