P.I. "Cobra" searches for Haleigh, feels confident there will be a break in case soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADJGNLAW

Reaction score
P.I. Searches for Haleigh | Video http://www.cbs47.com/default.aspx

P.I. Searches for Haleigh | Video http://www.cbs47.com/content/topstories/story/P-I-Searches-for-Haleigh/rwX4oL0NrE6kKhoe2vdr-g.cspx

SATSUMA, Fla. -- There's a new investigator on the Haleigh Cummings case. He calls himself Cobra. He's a private investigator from Fort Lauderdale, who is in Satsuma at Haleigh's mother's request.

"In 30 years he caught over 8000 fugitives, 199 child molesters, 2 murderers, and one terrorist," says Cobra. Now his focus is on Haleigh. Thursday, he joined police in their ground search.

P.I. who calls himself Cobra said yesterday that he feels they will have a big break in the case soon.

From what I understand he is working for the Mother of Haleigh free of charge. They don't have a story yet only a video. He feels confident there will be a break in the case real soon. I pray he is right! What frightens me is that they are doing ground searches lately. I pray Haleigh is alive. None of the results have came back from the lab or they did and LE is not sharing. I just hope no decomposition was found in any of the items that LE took in for testing in the past.

I hope this guy isn't in this for the publicity only and that he is not lying about his track record. I wish him the best and I hope he is able to find Haleigh.

I hope this guy isn't in this for the publicity only and that he is not lying about his track record. I wish him the best and I hope he is able to find Haleigh.

I hope he isn't Padilla's brother!!!:angel: Guess we can hope for the best!!

Hope he's right although I am a bit sceptical about what one guy can do that the whole LE system can't. If they've got a good lead that the police hasn't got, maybe. In the Madeleine McCann case the PI office practically promised that they would find her in a pink minute but she's still missing and there doesn't seem to be any progress made lately.

Hope he's right although I am a bit sceptical about what one guy can do that the whole LE system can't. If they've got a good lead that the police hasn't got, maybe. In the Madeleine McCann case the PI office practically promised that they would find her in a pink minute but she's still missing and there doesn't seem to be any progress made lately.

I think all too often in these cases the only thing that the PI does is offer the family false home and, of course, run up bills for services rendered. I hope Cobra proves to be different and is able to find Haleigh. He is doing this pro bono which is a good thing.

"In 30 years he caught over 8000 fugitives, 199 child molesters, 2 murderers, and one terrorist," says Cobra.

Quite a record. That's an average of almost a fugitive a day.... I have my doubts.

If the number is right, some or most of the fugitives on his list may be small time criminals who have missed a court date and he's simply found them by going to their address and asking if they're home.

If the number is right, some or most of the fugitives on his list may be small time criminals who have missed a court date and he's simply found them by going to their address and asking if they're home.

I don't care how many he has caught...someone else looking is a good thing, whether they work for Ron or Crystal.;)

The Portuguese police let the early hours slip away, and then focused on the parents. Also, very often police are impeded by little rules that PIs don't worry about. I wish him luck, but unfortunately those early hours are crucial.

Nearby homes should have been searched immediately, warrants be blasted. Search warrants should be suspended in missing child cases. Communities should have volunteer search groups that come together like volunteer fire depts. to immediately search the areas.

Overblown statistics=sensation seeker.

This guy may be good, but I doubt he's that good.

Very happy that Crystal has brought COBRA on. Wonderful that he is donating his services to find Haleigh.

Many thanks to COBRA.

Fresh eyes to look into things is just what this case needs. Plus, he don't have all the restrictions LE has so maybe we'll hear about more stuff.

That track record is impressive, but I think it's been embellished. Nothing wrong with that, lot's of people doctor their resumes. ;)

Fresh eyes to look into things is just what this case needs. Plus, he don't have all the restrictions LE has so maybe we'll hear about more stuff.

That track record is impressive, but I think it's been embellished. Nothing wrong with that, lot's of people doctor their resumes. ;)

There might also be a benefit to a PI coming into this case because there are a lot of individuals involved/related who may have information, but they have their own reasons for not wanting to talk to LE officers. Whatever they tell a PI to help solve the case is not likely to come back to haunt them with charges for drugs, assault, etc. later. The PI just wants the info. to help him move on to the next step, he isn't keeping records on what he saw or heard where that might be illegal but have nothing to do with the case.

I to am glad he has joined in the search. I really don't care what the reason is. People will all differ in their opinions on why he came to assist in the search. I am just grateful he is searching.

I was trying to look into some of the cases he has solved and have not found his website yet. I did read on another forum about another case. It is said he foiled the terror plot at Ft. Campbell, KY........I have not followed up on that case, anyone follow that one?

Heck, who cares if he embellishes his record? At least he's out LOOKING for Haleigh rather than sightseeing around NYC, planning weddings and hanging out at Chili's. ;)

It will be interesting to see Ron and Misty's reaction to this "new guy", especially since Misty didn't like the other "new guy". If they are not cooperative, it will certainly put into question Ron's "I just want my daughter back" mantra...

Anyone think this might be the "stranger" around the house last week?

So glad for any extra effort...and someone to report to CS would be a comfort I'm sure. Happy to see him. MOO

It will be interesting to see Ron and Misty's reaction to this "new guy", especially since Misty didn't like the other "new guy". If they are not cooperative, it will certainly put into question Ron's "I just want my daughter back" mantra...

Ron should feel ashamed of himself that this total stranger is donating his services and time to look for Haleigh, all while her own father is shacked up in a hotel in NYC with his 17-yr-old wife, planning weddings, not working and doing who knows what else. Why isn't Ron on the ground combing through woods, going door-to-door, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni