CANADA Canada - Jodi Henrickson, 17, Bowen Island BC, 20 June 2009

Is it me or does it seem like there isn't much news coverage about this missing girl?

Family of Jodi Henrickson still holds hope
Members canvass at Horseshoe Bay
Dave White | Friday, July 3rd, 2009 7:39 pm

BOWEN ISLAND (NEWS1130) - The family of a 17-year-old Squamish girl who has been missing now for two weeks is desperate for any information about her whereabouts. She was last seen at a party on Bowen Island. Her relatives spent Friday afternoon canvassing passengers at the Horseshoe Bay Ferry Terminal.

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/more.jsp?content=20090703_224018_8712

Is it me or does it seem like there isn't much news coverage about this missing girl?

I know! I check every day, and there's usually next to nothing. I wonder if her being 17 somehow makes her case less media-tugging? As if her parents were any less hurt by missing her!

In any case, I'll keep bumping.

I know! I check every day, and there's usually next to nothing. I wonder if her being 17 somehow makes her case less media-tugging? As if her parents were any less hurt by missing her!

In any case, I'll keep bumping.

I'm wondering if she might be pregnant and is afraid of what everyone will think of her and ran off to do some thinking?

Kind of just pulled that out of the air...

MOO

Maz

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Bowen+rash+deaths/1761306/story.html

"All of this makes us realize how lucky we have been. I've been here for 25 years and never lost a friend on Bowen up until the last month." He added: "I can see it's making a difference in a lot of the younger kids . . . they're starting to think twice about drinking and driving, and they're not so invincible." On Thursday, RCMP suspended the ground search for Henrickson but said it could resume at any time. According to rescue operation manager Tim Jones, 30 people from search and rescue crews from the North Shore, Lions Bay and Coquitlam spent two days on Bowen.

Seems like a sad time for the island. I have been lurking hoping for news of Jodi but there is very little coverage of her case. sigh. I do hope she is found soon.

bc-090629-jodi-henrickson-facebook.jpg

Jodi Henrickson was last seen at a house party on June 20 on Bowen Island

http://www.bclocalnews.com/greater_vancouver/bowenislandundercurrent/news/50063852.html

UPDATE: No headway in the search for Jodi Henrickson

By Julie Andres - Bowen Island Undercurrent

Published: July 06, 2009 3:00 PM
Updated: July 06, 2009 3:21 PM

"Unfortunately, no." This was Cpl. Donald Southern's answer on Monday afternoon when asked if any progress had been made in the search for Jodi Henrickson. Henrickson was last seen in the early hours of June 20 in Bowen Island's Scarborough area; two major searches that have included North Shore Search and Rescue and police helicopters have been undertaken over the past two weeks.

The 17-year-old Squamish resident was reported missing on June 24 by her parents.

Bowen Island is not very big, I think - how could someone completely disappear without a trace?

jody%20hendrickson%20june%2028%202009.jpg

1744286.bin

RCMP and North Shore Rescue are searching Bowen Island for a 17-year-old girl. Corporal Dave Ritchie says Jodi Henrickson was last seen at a party on Bowen Island early in the morning on June 20th.

Anyone who has information or was at the party is asked to call the RCMP's tip line at 604-947-0516.

Missing Squamish teen likely ran away, says ex-boyfriend's mom

While the ground search for missing Squamish teen Jodi Henrickson was scaled back Thursday, the mother of her ex-boyfriend thinks Jodi has simply run away.

“That’s something that she would have done, knowing her character,” said Lynne Fedorick, mother of Jodi’s ex-boyfriend, Gavin Arnott.

Arnott, 20, believes he was the last person to see 17-year-old Jodi before she vanished from Bowen Island on June 20.

He admits he was on probation for assaulting her and violated a court order forbidding him to see her. He denies any role in her disappearance.

“She did run away last winter when she stayed with me for three months,” Fedorick told The Province.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Missing+Squamish+teen+likely+away+says+boyfriend/1754063/story.html

From July 3. This is the first I have read this. Whether true or not, am I the only one who thinks this was totally inappropriate?

Missing Squamish teen likely ran away, says ex-boyfriend's mom

While the ground search for missing Squamish teen Jodi Henrickson was scaled back Thursday, the mother of her ex-boyfriend thinks Jodi has simply run away.

“That’s something that she would have done, knowing her character,” said Lynne Fedorick, mother of Jodi’s ex-boyfriend, Gavin Arnott.

Arnott, 20, believes he was the last person to see 17-year-old Jodi before she vanished from Bowen Island on June 20.

He admits he was on probation for assaulting her and violated a court order forbidding him to see her. He denies any role in her disappearance.

“She did run away last winter when she stayed with me for three months,” Fedorick told The Province.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Missing+Squamish+teen+likely+away+says+boyfriend/1754063/story.html

From July 3. This is the first I have read this. Whether true or not, am I the only one who thinks this was totally inappropriate?

Yeah, really inappropriate - like snarking about her while her parents are frantically worried.

Also, why does she speak of her in the past-tense? (Likely just a turn of phrase, but a little jarring.)

The ex-boyfriend and his family are not sitting right with me at all. The recent assault charges, being the last known person to see her, and now his family publicly bashing this missing girl. He's not looking too innocent right now.

I actually met a man from Bowen this morning. This is weird cause we are a long long way from there and I had never heard of the island before Jodi went missing.

He was an older gentleman, here on vacation. He now lives on Vancouver Island. He said that Bowen is about 20 miles by 30 miles and is a nice place to live.

He had never even heard of Jodi even though he lives close. :(

Family looks to step up search for missing teen

HARDY FRIEDRICH
SPECIAL TO THE CHIEF
POSTED: JULY 6, 2009
Squamish – The family of missing 17-year-old Jodi Henrickson is looking for new ways to boost a search effort that is bordering on three weeks.

The next step could be a fundraiser to be put toward a reward, said Jodi’s cousin Crystal Henrickson, as the family spent the weekend brainstorming for ideas.

“We were thinking that fundraising will be our next effort,” Crystal said. “We have a couple of different ideas that we have been thinking about, and one is to get more tips that lead to information that brings Jodi home.”

She added some family members have also considered hiring a psychic to join the search.

http://www.squamishchief.com/articl...mily-looks-to-step-up-search-for-missing-teen

Not much by way of recent news - good to see the family is being active, though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back