Legal Q&A for Rhornsby #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, thinking of Vegas and gambling, you have to look at the odds in this case. What are the odds, not just hard evidence but public perceptions?

IMHO KC is taking a terrible risk.

If today's motion hearing was anything to go by, we got a sampler from the SA (JA) and the harsh and appropriate stance they are taking. This is the first time that KC has really truly been called out and ... this is not just a lie, it is a life.

KC and the A's did not deal well with JA's short passionate speech today, so how on earth are they going to deal with the trial and prevail? KC took a life and she may yet get to take another, her own.

RH -- if you are a gambling man would you take these odds and let this play out at trial? Would you go for it or concede a plea?

[Admittedly the stakes are different for JB, he gets to showcase at the trial of the century, at the expense of his client. Is JB focused on his own fame and ill advising his client?]
You assume there is any option but a trial. But if there is no plea offer anymore, is there really any other option?

You assume there is any option but a trial. But if there is no plea offer anymore, is there really any other option?

My opinion is that a plea was offered early on and rejected by the defense. Having said that...is there really any other option for the Defense if the client they are tasked with defending refuses to back off of her fictious zanny the nanny story? For a law graduate, meaning myself, it seems like the defense is boxed in by their client. She won't back down and if she is convicted I would be hard pressed to feel sorry for her.

This really bugged me too! It was like she was on the floor for a filibuster. Is this a tactic used by a defense when appearing before a judge only? I hope her opening and closing arguments are no more compelling, that's for sure.

Just my personal opinon... I think Ms. Lyons kinda sounded like Charlie Brown's school teacher afer a few minutes... wa WAWA wa and I did notice that the Judge wasn't looking at her to much as she spoke. Sorry no question and just a comment

Just a reminder this is a Q&A for rhornsby. some feedback and commentary here and there is fine. But once we have trouble isolating the questions and the answers because we have to wade through chit chat we have a problem.
So, please limit this thread to Q&A as much as possible.
I am going to start a new thread shortly and will look for unanswered questions to being over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni