TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
#230 Still in jail awaiting trial.

Sorry, you were correct. Have I got the initials right, JN ?

TB went off to prison, and there's the other one, isn't it Nich, or Nick.... isn't he the one still in jail ?

"This e-mail is to inform you that Terry Britt has been transferred from Madison County Sheriff's Department to the custody of the Tennessee Department of Correction. The transfer took place on 7/23/2012. As a result, you will no longer receive notifications concerning this offender under your current registration with SAVIN."

JN -I may be wrong about the first initial. Last name is Nickels or Nichols ?
Did I mention him ?

http://www.examiner.com/missing-pers...ty-safety-tips

It turns out the man who approached these two young women - Jason Everett Nickell, 39 - is a registered sex offiender from Benton County listed on the FBI sex offender list as a "Violent" offender.

Re-posting my previous post, after an edit, necessary for clarity and accuracy. Thank you all for your patience.

~N/T~
Are you signed up for Google notifications every time Holly's name is mentioned in news articles ? If not, you could do that; I receive emails each time there is an article online that has her name in it.

wfgodot
David L. is also on FB.

Oriah
I am under the impression that SE SAR will be here on a regular basis now, and the family is very involved in the searches, both with them, and with CUE, so they do have that.
I don't know how to get any articles started up, unless there is something to report. Getting on tv - above my limited knowledge base, lol.

Isabelle Z. is in my opinion, an EXCELLENT editor. She publishes facts. I've not seen her write about rumors, and I've not even seen her put in her opinions. This is why I love her articles so much, because they are very detailed, and they are facts, just facts. I can't do .... you know.... it's too hard for me to weed out the opinions of the authors, and the rumors.

Plumaria5
I have never heard it mentioned anywhere, the hair color.
Clint says in one of the last tv interviews, that the abductor wore a camo hat and gloves. And that the camo clothing was the non-insulated type, meaning that it wasn't the thick, heavy, cold weather type.
Full camo actually means hat, gloves, pants, top, jacket, socks, boots, and the camo wool type thing you wear that covers your neck, head, and face. Everything covered up but your eyes.
** NO one has ever mentioned that he was wearing this specific item, so please don't run with it. I just put it here for information, because full camo includes that. But this item has never been mentioned.

~N/T~
Drew's Grandmother said that Drew and Holly were together that night. (Apr.12.)
Clint was home the night of Apr 12. There was a concert, but Clint did not go. He listened to it on his cell phone while talking to a friend who was there.
For fun, about the only thing I remember is that they like to ride the four wheelers.

Also, T.Britt has been transferred off to prison about a week ago.

Have requested guidance from mods on the info we discussed earlier, re RSO info, prop map, etc.

Will post the weather info received in email from weather officials in a moment.

Received forecast via email after requesting from weather service, for Holly's area, Apr. 13, 2011.

Chester-decatur-henderson-
including the cities of...lexington
356 am cdt wed apr 13 2011
.today...sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Northeast winds around
5 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
.tonight...mostly clear. Lows in the upper 40s. Light and
variable winds.
.thursday...sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. Southeast winds 5 to
10 mph.
.thursday night...showers and thunderstorms likely after
midnight. Mostly cloudy. Lows in the upper 50s. Southeast winds
10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.
.friday...breezy. Showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower
70s. South winds 10 to 20 mph. Wind gusts to near 25 mph in the
afternoon. Chance of rain 80 percent.
.friday night...a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the
evening...then a chance of showers after midnight. Mostly cloudy.
Lows in the upper 40s. Chance of rain 40 percent.
.saturday...cooler. Partly sunny in the morning...then becoming
mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 50s.
.saturday night...mostly clear. Lows in the upper 30s.
.sunday and sunday night...warmer. Partly cloudy. Highs in the
lower 70s. Lows in the lower 50s.
.monday through tuesday...mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance
of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 70s. Lows around

If I'm reading the weather correctly, no rain on the day she disappeared. The rain came the following day? If it did, wouldn't that be ideal weather for tracking dogs especially the first 24 hours of her disappearance?

http://www.examiner.com/missing-pers...ty-safety-tips

It turns out the man who approached these two young women - Jason Everett Nickell, 39 - is a registered sex offiender from Benton County listed on the FBI sex offender list as a "Violent" offender.

The link is broken but now I remember him. I think he was the first to be mentioned in reference to this case.

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/TNSO005150/Jason-Everett-Nickell.html

Out of the 3 RSO's, so far we have none that have been arrested in connection to this case. Can one assume they had nothing to do with Holly's disappearance? If they did, wouldn't there be a DNA match? It's hard to believe the perp did not leave any DNA behind at the Bobo home.

I can see not leaving DNA at the crime scene. Unless he spit on the ground, dropped blood of his own, left a coke can behind, etc. There isnt a lot you could find outside. The chances of finding a hair or something outdoors would be nil, and if he were wearing a hat, or gloves etc that would further reduce the chances of leaving evidence behind.

If I'm reading the weather correctly, no rain on the day she disappeared. The rain came the following day? If it did, wouldn't that be ideal weather for tracking dogs especially the first 24 hours of her disappearance?

Yes.
It is my understanding that there were a lot of very well-intentioned people who showed up that day, and many had dogs with them. But hunting and pet dogs are not the same as tracking or trailing dogs, and sometimes they can cause problems with searches.

Honestly, I think everything that went wrong in the first 24-48 hours following Holly's abduction was a bit of a snowball effect of the best sort, if it can be looked at in any kind of positive way. Sort of like, the road-to-hell-is-paved-with-good-intentions kind of way.
Jmvho, of course.

Yes.
It is my understanding that there were a lot of very well-intentioned people who showed up that day, and many had dogs with them. But hunting and pet dogs are not the same as tracking or trailing dogs, and sometimes they can cause problems with searches.

Honestly, I think everything that went wrong in the first 24-48 hours following Holly's abduction was a bit of a snowball effect of the best sort, if it can be looked at in any kind of positive way. Sort of like, the road-to-hell-is-paved-with-good-intentions kind of way.
Jmvho, of course.

Agreed Oriah..due to the lack of a preabduction plan by DCSO on 04/13/2011, everything that could go wrong did..

RE:But hunting and pet dogs are not the same as tracking or trailing dogs,

But ya know, imo, and it may sound strange, but Holly Bobo's dog Rascal, would have directed LE of her direct route that day..

Agreed Oriah..due to the lack of a preabduction plan by DCSO on 04/13/2011, everything that could go wrong did..

But ya know, imo, and it may sound strange, but Holly Bobo's dog Rascal, would have directed LE of her direct route that day..

Or their other dog. The outside one that we saw in the video with Karen Bobo and the reporter.

That said, my understanding is LE did have their own tracking dogs. They were brought shortly after LE arrived at the scene. Nobody as far as I know was allowed to go into the wooded area where Clint saw Holly and the perp. They were all contained on the Bobo property. If I'm not mistaken, they were FBI dogs.

Please don't ask me for a link. I wouldn't know where to begin to even look for one. This was waaaayy at the beginning of the case.

Maybe others who have followed this case from the beginning will remember.

They had a little bit of a wait on the FBI dog(s). Local LE has working dogs but often those are police K9's.

BBM: I agree. But I think the Bobo's probably put their dogs up, to keep the dogs safe.

bbm
It doesn't sound strange to me. Seems Rascal may have been the only one who knew what was going on that day. jmo

bbm
It doesn't sound strange to me. Seems Rascal may have been the only one who knew what was going on that day. jmo

I agree, my little poodle follows my every step and if I get outside without him he will try to tear the doors down to get out too, accept when he knows i am going to work. I don't know how he knows the difference but he does. Example one evening last week i went outside to water flowers he was inside eating as soon as he was done DH let him out. I was on the other side of the house but he found me straight away by my smell so I would assume Rascal could have done the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan