CO - Bomb squad searches Frontier airplane after passenger arrested

Reader

Reaction score
http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...searches-frontier-airplane-after-man-arrested

FBI agents and Denver police arrested a male passenger on an in-bound Frontier airplane from Knoxville, Tenn., Friday night, and then searched the plane for bombs, according to officials.

The name of the suspect has not been released. He is being detained by the FBI.

Frontier Flight 601 from Knoxville to Denver was still in the air when Frontier personnel notified the FAA that there was a security threat on board the plane, said Laura Coale, spokeswoman for Denver International Airport.........

The Denver Police Department's bomb squad searched the plane, including all the passenger luggage, Coale said.

The search took about three hours until 11:30 p.m. No explosives were discovered. .......more....

I've never heard of Frontier. Is it a large airline company?

Frontier Airlines:
www.flyfrontier.com

Here's the wiki for Frontier Airlines:
[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontier_Airlines"]Frontier Airlines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Is it mainly for business? Looks like maybe smaller airports are utilized, which is why I'm asking.

Is it mainly for business? Looks like maybe smaller airports are utilized, which is why I'm asking.

From your Wiki link, it is a low cost airline which 'operates flights to 74 destinations throughout the United States, Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, Jamaica, and Mexico.'

Nothing says it's just for business customers but some may use it more due to the costs and routes.

I'm trying to find more info on the case but no luck so far.

http://gma.yahoo.com/man-custody-al...-airlines-145614234--abc-news-topstories.html

A passenger on a plane en route to Denver was taken into custody after he claimed to be carrying a bomb in his backpack, officials said.

Five crew members and 136 passengers aboard a Frontier Airlines flight traveling from Knoxville, Tenn. to Denver were evacuated from the plane onto a remote area of the tarmac at Denver International Airport following the possible security threat Friday evening, Frontier Airlines spokeswoman Kate O'Mally told ABC News.

"The guy across the aisle from me pulled the flight attendant to the side and told her that he had a bomb in his backpack," Dannenberg said. "I can't even describe how fast my heart was beating."

The flight crew took the man's backpack to the back of the plane when they became aware of the potential safety risk, as passengers kept an eye on the passenger until the flight landed safely in Denver. ..........

Officials have not released the man's name. He is believed to be mentally unstable, a law enforcement official briefed on the case told ABC News.

There has been no decision on whether or not to prosecute the man. That decision will likely be made on Monday, law enforcement officials said............more....

He's either in a padded cell or Guantanamo right now....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back