FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
SS

Thanks, I thought I was starting to lose it.

I also believe it is the right arm of the POI. The camera is behind, and to the right of the pOI, so, it is kind of misleading.

As for JK, it is baffling:

JK seems so cautious, and wise.

That is why I have several theories, as everyone knows. There is a huge part of me that wonders if it is an acquaintance, neighbor, or someone impersonating a police officer or security guard.

Some who do work on the POI pictures, think the pOI is wearing a holster of some type. I must admit, I am still studying the pictures, but if he is right, that could be a huge clue.

I'm still in the camp, that this guy knows or it is someone jK trusted.

I just don't see a smart woman not fighting some homeless guy, or some guy who appears to be a crook. Think about it, if JK fought the POI, a part of her shoe, maybe her purse, or some type of evidence should have been laying next to her assigned spot next to her car.

left

Cat

Would the "sunpass" be necessary on South YOung parkway, or just certain roads, such as toll roads like the one needed to visit Rob.

Also, is it possible that the POI just went to a tollbooth and paid cash, instead of using the "sunpass", or does the sunpass automatically get charged if it is on the windsheild?

thanks

left

If the E-Pass/SunPass is on the windshield or dash of the car the use of toll roads is charged to your account. There is a slight possibility that the suspect could have removed the E-Pass/SunPass from Jennifer's car that day during his travels.

The E-Pass/SunPass is used for toll roads. In the central Florida area this would be used for the East-West Expressway which is also called S.R. 408, the Central Florida Greenway which is also called S.R. 417, the Florida Turnpike which is also called the Ronald Reagan Turnpike and also S.R. 91 and the BeeLine also called the BeachLine or S.R. 528.

How annoying it is to have so many roads here in Orlando which have more than one name.

Wow, thanks CAt

that explains why the pictures look like it was dark, or overcast. It was very close to it starting to rain.

It looks like it rained a bit, .10 inches, around 2pm on the 24th, but no rain on the 25th or 26th.

That is a cool site. Good information.

left

So if they try to redo the walk with models as you suggested to find the height and color of clothing etc....they need to choose an overcast day at about the same time, Left!

Would this scant amount have caused the dog a problem? (And again, where did the mud come from on the car? It did rain a bit on the 23rd, too: 0.02 in / 0.05 cm )

Also, Cat...being in Florida...is there a heavy dew in the mornings or fog?

Hi sleuthers. Utopia asked me to come over here and read up on what has been or might be done with search dogs. I haven't read the entire thread through, in fact I just read this page. Can someone point me in the right direction perhaps? Since this is the 4th thread, it could take me a long time to read through everything, and since there is new news, I would like to cut out some time. Thanks a bunch:).

Lion

So if they try to redo the walk with models as you suggested to find the height and color of clothing etc....they need to choose an overcast day at about the same time, Left!

Would this scant amount have caused the dog a problem? (And again, where did the mud come from on the car?)

Also, Cat...being in Florida...is there a heavy dew in the mornings or fog?

We can have fog at dawn on humid days.

Not much rain that January. Orlando's rainy season is during the summer.
There are plenty of dirt roads in the central Florida area. I don't know if this would account for the mud found in the area of the tires of Jennifer's car.

Hi sleuthers. Utopia asked me to come over here and read up on what has been or might be done with search dogs. I haven't read the entire thread through, in fact I just read this page. Can someone point me in the right direction perhaps? Since this is the 4th thread, it could take me a long time to read through everything, and since there is new news, I would like to cut out some time. Thanks a bunch:).

Lion

Here's an article about the search dogs. Most of the people here, believe in the search dogs, but a few say "the dog was not tracking right". I don't know where or how they came up with this, but, like everything on the internet, nothing is unanimous.

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/01/27/State/Car_of_missing_Orland.shtml

left

Cat

Thanks for the information on the sunpass.

I just wanted to make certain I understood how it works.

I am trying to figure out how and why LE thinks that JK's car was on South Young Parkway. Personally, I'm thinking that since JK would (I'm assuming) use south young parkway, that maybe, LE thinks that is where she could have been abducted. AGree.

I'm just thinking, that if LE has another picture of JK and/or the pOI in the car, LE needs to share it with the public. I think LE has a lot of people upset about not releasing that video. I can understand if LE had a good suspect, but, when a case is in jeopardy of never being solved, it is time to disclose anything that could lead to JK. So, I certainly hope LE is not holding back any more photos. I think it could really upset the masses.

thanks again.

left

Cat

Thanks for the information on the sunpass.

I just wanted to make certain I understood how it works.

I am trying to figure out how and why LE thinks that JK's car was on South Young Parkway. Personally, I'm thinking that since JK would (I'm assuming) use south young parkway, that maybe, LE thinks that is where she could have been abducted. AGree.

I'm just thinking, that if LE has another picture of JK and/or the pOI in the car, LE needs to share it with the public. I think LE has a lot of people upset about not releasing that video. I can understand if LE had a good suspect, but, when a case is in jeopardy of never being solved, it is time to disclose anything that could lead to JK. So, I certainly hope LE is not holding back any more photos. I think it could really upset the masses.

thanks again.

left

That would be South John Young Parkway. South John Young Parkway runs in between the Mosaic Condominiums and Huntington On The Green Condominiums. If a person traveled on South John Young Parkway going south they would end up in Kissimmee.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if there is more surveillance camera footage of Jennifer's car from that day which hasn't been released to the public.

Lion
Try pages 1, 9, and 12 of this #4 thread! This will give you the articles and theories or questions we have...I think!

And thank you very much for checking this out!

Crypto mentioned water could play roll in messing with tracking and was going to also check on "Scent pools"? What does that mean?

Is there a distinction in scents from time spans? Say a few hours? If the suspect had been to the condo doorway early that morning, but didn't come back to it at noon...would the dog still track up to it with a residual scent?

Hi SerioslySearching. There are different types of scent. Tracking has nothing to do with human or animal scent at all, actually. With tracking, the dog is detecting changes within the ground itself as a result of something disturbing the ground. Most believe the dog detects odors resulting from disturbances of the plant life and microorganisms within the ground's surface.

In Schutzhund, there is actual tracking(and advanced obedience and protection). However, when searching in a real case, tracking is rarely used. Instead, two other types of scenting are used--trailing or air scenting.

Bloodhounds trail, although most refer to it as tracking. These dogs are detecting the microscopic skin flake that fall to the ground and nearby tall grass, bushes, or other objects. Generally, the fresher the trail the easier it is for the dog to track. A light rain and/or high humidity will intensify the trail scent, heavy rain will eventually cause it to dissipate, and hot and/or dry air will make it more difficult for the dog to trail.

The other type of scenting used in real cases is air scenting. This is primarily what I do. It is the fastest, and no trail is needed. I train my dogs to track, trail, and air scent, however, tracking is always taught first because they don't generally want to learn to track after they have learned to trail and air scent.

Air scenting is a technique where the dog holds his head up high and moves left to right(or in large circles), while slowly moving forward to detect the actual scent of the person or article(of clothing, purse, etc..). Grids to search are set up by experienced handlers to search into the wind. Grids are determined by the probability of the person or evidence being in that area(a tip, point last seen, etc..). Specially trained cadaver dogs and water dogs can be trained to find remains and other dogs can and are trained to detect bodies under the water up to about 40 feet below. Air scenting dogs will resort to trailing or tracking whenever needed and go back to air scenting when the scent can again be detected.

A scent pool can occur for various reasons, for example if a person(or a body) has remained in one place for a longer period of time than in the rest of the path they took or were taken through. Or, environmental causes can result in a scent pool. At night, for example scent can pool low to the ground at its lowest point by a creek--even if the person/body is above on higher ground from the creek.

I thought if I post a very basic description of what search dogs do it might help everyone understand the process, thereby helping possibly with this case.

I have my WS settings to present 40 posts per page, and I don't know what the default is. So, I don't know what the actual page numbers are to read through. Is it possible for you to tell me the approximate post numbers to begin with? I would love to help more, but it will take days for me to read through all of the threads, and I would like to try and get a jump start. Thank you for your help.

Lion

Wow! What a wealth of information on the dogs!! That is fabulous! I had NO idea! Thanks so very much, Lion!

Post #1: possible theory.
Post #16: question.
Post #22: question.
Post #30: "I sure wish the handler (if possible) could have taken the dog around the entire campus to see if that scent was anywhere else. If not, one would think the perp. was simply a visitor, and not a resident or worker, which is entirely possible.", Left mentioned.
Post #34: possible theory.
Post#251-54: questions.
Post# 289: article quote of the dog's trail
Post# 291: article on another place the dog hit on.

Your rundown probably answered a few of these questions already. The theory is worth checking out tho..to see if it would work that way.

Again, thanks so much for the help!

Here's an article about the search dogs. Most of the people here, believe in the search dogs, but a few say "the dog was not tracking right". I don't know where or how they came up with this, but, like everything on the internet, nothing is unanimous.

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/01/27/State/Car_of_missing_Orland.shtml

left

Thank you for the link, leftcoast:). Since I wasn't there I can only speculate. Bo was not given a scent article from her home(shoe, etc) so we don't know if he trailed Jennifer or the person that took her. Bo got a scent from the car seat. But, it could have been Jennifer's or the POI's scent if the POI was last to drive. Also, we don't know if Bo did a reverse trail. Was he actually trailing in reverse? In other words, it could have been that Jennifer was taken at her complex and driven to the location a mile away.

Lion

Wow! What a wealth of information on the dogs!! That is fabulous! I had NO idea! Thanks so very much, Lion!

I will get those post numbers immediately for you. BRB

You are welcome SeriouslySearching:). And, thank you for the post numbers, and I am sorry for giving you so much work!

Lion

No work at all! I am glad to help in any way to resolve issues and have at least a few of our questions finally answered! We have been really working diligently on trying to figure things out here.

I noticed Roxanne Paltauf's link on your siggy. I hope everyone on this thread will take a look at her case, too. The mother is active on the thread and I know she would appreciate any help looking for her beautiful 19 yo daughter. Maybe we could help shed some light in her direction. : ) [URL="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45805"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45805[/URL]

I've been following this discussion for the past 16 months or so, and finally have been able to register and access websleuths. Jenn is a UCF Alumni, and that is how I came to learn of her abduction. Although I did not know Jenn personally, we are all a family at UCF and I'm dedicated in helping to bring her home.

I will be typing more when I get home, but to clarify a few things, I need to research my links to get you all up to date :)

Thanks,
UCF Alumni 2002

Help Find Jenn
www.findjenniferkesse.com
$1 Million Reward for Her Safe Return

Thank you UCFA! We look forward to any info and updates.

Lion

Post #1: possible theory.
Post #16: question.
Post #22: question.
Post #30: "I sure wish the handler (if possible) could have taken the dog around the entire campus to see if that scent was anywhere else. If not, one would think the perp. was simply a visitor, and not a resident or worker, which is entirely possible.", Left mentioned.
Post #34: possible theory.
Post#251-54: questions.
Post# 289: article quote of the dog's trail
Post# 291: article on another place the dog hit on.

Your rundown probably answered a few of these questions already. The theory is worth checking out tho..to see if it would work that way.

Again, thanks so much for the help!

Thank you for the post numbers, SeriouslySearching!

Lion

Wouldn't the dog be able to distinguish between a scent left hours earlier, and a scent left after showering and changing clothes?

left

Question from post 16

Although, the scent from the same person left on the tiny skin flakes shed from that person may smell slightly different if the person showered, the dog will probably just indicate the same way.

Lion

Left

I know nothing about tracker dogs however do we know on what basis the dog was supposedly not tracking correctly?

What I don't get is what are the chances of the dog tracking back to JKs stair well if it was tracking wrong?

Isnt that a fantastic coincidence the dog could have gone anywhere surely?

Or am I being dense?

Question from post 22

UK Sleuth, these are excellent questions.

If the dog was not given a scent article the dog could have been trailing either Jennifer or the last person to have sat in that car seat(possibly the POI). This makes me wonder what the handler's thinking was. Was he trying to find the last person to have driven the car, therefor trying to find the possible POI? Or was he trying to find Jennifer? I was not there and have never spoken with him, so I don't know. I may have instead retrieved the least contaminated, often worn, article from Jennifer's home, brought the article and the dog to the car, given the dog a sniff of the article and asked him to trail from where the car was parked. Simultaneously, I would have had another good trailing dog trail using another article directly from Jennifer's front door. Pieces of the puzzle may have come together that way.

Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members