FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking we will see an arrest prior to the memorial on Tuesday. At least I'm praying we do.

Salem

Since Somer's body will not be released in time for the Memorial, I am rather curious if LE will have hidden video device showing them every face that walks through the door. Are they holding the body back for a reason?

I have more questions than answers. ugh...

I also find it somewhat "strange" that we have heard from the owner of the company, the sister, and supposedly from one his workers named "Kyle", but the SO brother hasn't made any attempt to speak with the media.

He is too humiliated with having a RSO tagged to his name....!!
AND he doesn't want anyone to recognize him. IMO

This is the video I think the Media/LE did the edit because Dieana was giving out information, which they did not want disclosed. She starts with talking about going with LE to the OPAA parking lot.

I'm still playing catch up and not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but this video that you all are talking about (http://www.news4jax.com/video/21402291/index.html) was not from today. Someone posted it in thread 5 (i think) and I looked at it then, the first day it came out, and it was blanked out at the same places then.

This interview video was posted on new4jax website on 10/23/2009 at 9:34 am. I still find it interesting, as did I last week, that part of it is "edited out". Just didn't want anyone getting confused on the date.

me, too...not another Nevaeh God please :(

Did anyone notice the post in the last thread that says there was a roofing sign in Somer's yard indicating their roofing had been redone? The poster mentioned maybe that's why she was familiar with roofers.....but what if the SAME GUY working on Gano, also worked on her house...and THAT is when she befriended him, and felt safe. If he was working on their house, he probably got a good idea of the comings and goings.
Now I'm curious about roofing contractors, sigh

If the roofing contractor was not working at Gano, yet worked at Somer's home he would have had the perfect opportunity to know the children's schedule. Maybe he scouted the area out and did his quiet lurking so to speak. Good Thought ...mistivon

me, too...not another Nevaeh God please :(

Did anyone notice the post in the last thread that says there was a roofing sign in Somer's yard indicating their roofing had been redone? The poster mentioned maybe that's why she was familiar with roofers.....but what if the SAME GUY working on Gano, also worked on her house...and THAT is when she befriended him, and felt safe. If he was working on their house, he probably got a good idea of the comings and goings.
Now I'm curious about roofing contractors, sigh

That was me. I never thought of that. Anything could be possible. It was the house right next door to her.

It actually says:

"Ryan - you just found out who may have been the last person to see her alive...."

Ryan Hughes says: "That's right Martie I just talked to a man over the phone named kyle he claims he is the last known person to have seen her alive he says he was at this home monday afternoon and Somer ran up to the place and told workers they were doing a good job on the renovations. Clay Sheriffs Deputy's questioned him and a colleague George Vinson who worked at this home months ago, he is a registered sex offender. Neither have been arrested and at this point neither are suspects.

The video continues on from here.

RED Print by me, transcribed from video verbatim.

MOO

Maz

If the roofing contractor was not working at Gano, yet worked at Somer's home he would have had the perfect opportunity to know the children's schedule. Maybe he scouted the area out and did his quiet lurking so to speak. Good Thought ...mistivon

It was NOT her home, it was the house next door to hers with the turqoise pick up truck in front :)

I'm still playing catch up and not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but this video that you all are talking about (http://www.news4jax.com/video/21402291/index.html) was not from today. Someone posted it in thread 5 (i think) and I looked at it then, the first day it came out, and it was blanked out at the same places then.

This interview video was posted on new4jax website on 10/23/2009 at 9:34 am. I still find it interesting, as did I last week, that part of it is "edited out". Just didn't want anyone getting confused on the date.

Okie dokie... I just happen to find it today while snooping the net for any updates I could find. The top of my page was today's date... so I took it for today's date. Sorry if I made an error.
Still rather telling video, and I'm glad I bumped into it, because I truly did miss this from thread #5.

Thank you.. :)

Since Somer's body will not be released in time for the Memorial, I am rather curious if LE will have hidden video device showing them every face that walks through the door. Are they holding the body back for a reason?

I have more questions than answers. ugh...

Kewpiedoll - I must be way behind. I didn't relize that Somer's body was not being released for the memorial. Does that mean the graveside services will be at a later time? Kind of a silly question, isn't it.

Prayers to Somer's family. This just makes my heart ache.

Salem

How does a child go from angry and determined to get...wherever...one minute to interacting with the construction guys and complimenting them on their work the next? It seems so odd to me. She took off from her siblings to make a point, I'd think, so why would she stop just 90 seconds or two minutes after the argument?

I guess maybe she was looking for a place to hide and thought she'd seek 'refuge' in the vacant house since she wanted to get out of the way and it was close. If she didn't know a stranger, as her mom said, I could see her trying to find a friend in these workers since she needed, in her mind, to not be seen by her siblings and friend. Maybe in her little mind she thought by complimenting him that she'd be endearing herself to these guys. Or guy. Maybe this all went down when one was on a break. Could we be looking at multiple suspects? Surely not.

I think the reason she had such a change of demeanor was because she knew the person(s) working at the house and had been welcomed by him/her/them before. If these same people/person had been working at the house for several weeks and Somer had been walking past it twice a day, it is quite likely they would have had contact. I know I would have talked to a child/adult if I were at the same place and saw the same person everyday, for an extended period of time. I also think she was in the house before, to know if there had been an improvement in the house, for her to give the worker(s) the compliment she supposedly made. Otherwise how would she know if the house looked bad prior to the worker(s) being there. Yes, I'm sure she heard there was a fire there, but I'm not sure a 7 yr.old would know what the interior of a burned house would look like. JMO

Woman newscaster is says: "Ryan - you may have found out who may have been the last person to see her alive...."

Ryan Hughes says: "That's right i just talked to a man over the phone named kyle who claims he is the last known person to have seen her alive he says he was at the house monday afternoon when somer ran up to the place and told workers they were doing a good job..."

It actually says:

"Ryan - you just found out who may have been the last person to see her alive...."

Ryan Hughes says: "That's right Martie I just talked to a man over the phone named kyle he claims he is the last known person to have seen her alive he says he was at this home monday afternoon and Somer ran up to the place and told workers they were doing a good job on the renovations. Clay Sheriffs Deputy's questioned him and a colleague George Vinson who worked at this home months ago, he is a registered sex offender. Neither have been arrested and at this point neither are suspects.

The video continues on from here.

RED Print by me, transcribed from video verbatim.

MOO

Maz

I human therefore I am not perfect...

I human therefore I am not perfect...
My post was only to bring attention to the actual words used in the quotes...nothing more.

Maz

:cow:

If we are quoting, we must be precise IMHO

Can anyone direct me to the photo where the roofing sign is in the next yard, or read the company name?
Thanks

My post was only to bring attention to the actual words used in the quotes...nothing more.

Maz

:cow:

If we are quoting, we must be precise IMHO

Clear as a bell...

Same for all of us. Unfortunately, that's all we got!

All I can think is to email Ryan Hughes the link to the RSO KR but I can't seem to find any contact info for Ryan...

ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY LUCK??

Anyone else think that's an ok idea? What else could we do about Kyle?

Nope ... I have been all over that site.. even did searches on it.. no luck..

except he does a lot of sport reporting ..

I think the reason she had such a change of demeanor was because she knew the person(s) working at the house and had been welcomed by him/her/them before. If these same people/person had been working at the house for several weeks and Somer had been walking past it twice a day, it is quite likely they would have had contact. I know I would have talked to a child/adult if I were at the same place and saw the same person everyday, for an extended period of time. I also think she was in the house before, to know if there had been an improvement in the house, for her to give the worker(s) the compliment she supposedly made. Otherwise how would she know if the house looked bad prior to the worker(s) being there. Yes, I'm sure she heard there was a fire there, but I'm not sure a 7 yr.old would know what the interior of a burned house would look like. JMO

Personally: I am stuck on the fact about her previously NOT going home with the other chidlren, on several occassions. She would be behind 30 mins to an hour. Hence- the Mother giving the babysitter a list of friends and phone numbers to track her down.

So- I am thinking since she liked tree-houses this burnt house was interesting to her, and it became interesting because 'someone' made it intersting for her. When she had squabbles with other children, and it was stated she put up with teasing from others, this burnt home was her place to hide out.

I think the Monster was making Somer comfortable and their 'secret' place to go when she was upset.

Twisted thinking-- possibly... but Monsters are twisted so maybe not too far off the mark. IDK

I have a little great niece that is 10 yrs old...My sakes, that child would talk to the tree if she thought it'd talk back at her. lol

So, I'm thinking Somer may have been a little chatter-box, as well, and spoke to anyone, anytime, anywhere. She very well may have struck up a conversation daily with these guys. It could have initially started if she had noticed them going in and out of the house on her way home from school, and led to a comfortable situation from then on. I do think it could very well be a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member