Updated POLL: Why No Obstruction Charges Yet...If Ever???

Why Have None of the Anthony's Been Charged w/Obstruction?? Can pick more than one...

• LE/SA Office does not think they did anything wrong

Votes: 14 5.6%
  • LE/SA Office does not have a strong enough evidence to make it stick

Votes: 69 27.8%
  • LE/SA Office does not want to go after them because of public sympathy

Votes: 60 24.2%
  • Just waiting for the right time for LA

Votes: 122 49.2%
  • Just waiting for the right time for GA

Votes: 68 27.4%
  • Just waiting for the right time for CA

Votes: 110 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1) Has LE requested an interview that the A's refused?

2) DC says he did not receive the info from the A's - ??? Wasn't Cindy at the "Meet and Greet" while DC was conducting his search? Did anyone report her being on the phone much of the time?
Well, common sense tells me, if the report says the Anthony's are requesting immunity before they will talk to LE, then....LE probably has communicated a desire to talk to them. Why would they request immunity prior to talks, if LE had no desire to talk to them ? Again, that's just my thinking on the situation, call me crazy, but...

Cindy told Detectives, when they conducted the last search warrant on the Anthony's home, that SHE sent HER people to search the site WHERE THE BODY was FOUND in November, and it wasn't there then. Doesn't that statement, in itself, lead one to believe that she sent PI , DC, down to Suburban ? Again, she said that "SHE SENT HER PEOPLE" down there to search. Just my opinion based on what I have read in the documents and reports...You do keep me on my toes Chilly ! :)

2) DC says he did not receive the info from the A's - ??? Wasn't Cindy at the "Meet and Greet" while DC was conducting his search? Did anyone report her being on the phone much of the time?
We just don't know. I don't think I could call the As being truthful...media, probably more honest than some.

Well, common sense tells me, if the report says the Anthony's are requesting immunity before they will talk to LE, then....LE probably has communicated a desire to talk to them. Why would they request immunity prior to talks, if LE had no desire to talk to them ? Again, that's just my thinking on the situation, call me crazy, but...

Cindy told Detectives, when they conducted the last search warrant on the Anthony's home, that SHE sent HER people to search the site WHERE THE BODY was FOUND in November, and it wasn't there then. Doesn't that statement, in itself, lead one to believe that she sent PI , DC, down to Suburban ? Again, she said that "SHE SENT HER PEOPLE" down there to search. Just my opinion based on what I have read in the documents and reports...You do keep me on my toes Chilly ! :)

Even if Cindy sent DC to search that area, it doesn't mean that she received a tip. The area had been discussed quite a bit. Cindy had nothing but time on her hands to do a lot of thinking. She wouldn't have been the first person to have an interest in that area. It's difficult for me to understand, people criticize Cindy for not searching and then, when she sends someone to search, she's wrong again.

I am not aware of LE asking to speak to the A's and the A's refusing. Until we know that has happened, how can we possibly criticize them for it or call it obstruction of justice?

Even if Cindy sent DC to search that area, it doesn't mean that she received a tip. The area had been discussed quite a bit. Cindy had nothing but time on her hands to do a lot of thinking. She wouldn't have been the first person to have an interest in that area. It's difficult for me to understand, people criticize Cindy for not searching and then, when she sends someone to search, she's wrong again.

I am not aware of LE asking to speak to the A's and the A's refusing. Until we know that has happened, how can we possibly criticize them for it or call it obstruction of justice?

But wouldn't it have been nice for her to send LE to search. That's what she should have done.

But wouldn't it have been nice for her to send LE to search. That's what she should have done.

Being that we don't know with certainty what, if anything, led Cindy to be curious about that area, how can we assume that she should have sent LE to search there? There are already complaints about Cindy sending LE on 'wild goose chases." What if this was just another one?

I'm still confused. Over and over I've read that Cindy and George should have been searching - now it's changed to they shouldn't have been searching, they should have sent LE to do it.

Being that we don't know with certainty what, if anything, led Cindy to be curious about that area, how can we assume that she should have sent LE to search there? There are already complaints about Cindy sending LE on 'wild goose chases." What if this was just another one?

I'm still confused. Over and over I've read that Cindy and George should have been searching - now it's changed to they shouldn't have been searching, they should have sent LE to do it.

If CA had a hunch about the area (I don't believe she received a direct "tip" either), she should have called LE. Maybe she chose a private detective because she didn't trust LE. She really had no reason to though... I think CA was too worried about Caylee's dead body being found, as opposed to a live Caylee.

I understand the A's pain and I have sympathy for them. But if DC had found Caylee's remains, I question what the A's would have done with the information.

I believe they have more than enough to charge them, but it would not benefit the prosecution to do it until after the trial.

I do believe there will have to be charges to prevent others from doing this in the future in a case like this. Right now, the prosecution's full attention is on the trail and knowing the Anthonys between the deposition and the trial they will hang themselves many more times. That I am sure is what the SA is counting on.

If CA had a hunch about the area (I don't believe she received a direct "tip" either), she should have called LE. Maybe she chose a private detective because she didn't trust LE. She really had no reason to though... I think CA was too worried about Caylee's dead body being found, as opposed to a live Caylee.

I understand the A's pain and I have sympathy for them. But if DC had found Caylee's remains, I question what the A's would have done with the information.

I think Cindy wanted to prove to herself that Caylee's body was not there. I also believe that there's no way DC, Hoover, and the A's would assist Caylee's murderer by not reporting the body if they had found it.

I believe that LE asked George and Cindy to come back and talk to them (this was after the 2nd taped interview I believe), and they never did. I will have to search for a link, but this was in one of the doc dumps.

Yet.............when LE went to the Anthony home with a search warrant after the remains were found, Cindy told LE that SHE sent people to look in that area a month prior and nothing was there.

Which one is telling the truth............Cindy or DC? And, even if Cindy wasn't acting on a tip, but her own intuition, why send her private investigator? Why didn't Cindy cooperate with LE and tell them she had a hunch that Caylee's remains might be located off Surburban? Caylee's remains may have been found a lot earlier if Cindy had been forthcoming.

I agree that they're waiting until after the trial. The way I understand it, if they're not charged with anything, and are subpoenaed to testify at Casey's trial, they must tell the truth or be subject to perjury charges. If any members of the Anthony family commit perjury, they'll likely be charged with obstruction of justice charges on top of perjury.

Right now, the prosecution has bigger fish to fry - getting a conviction on Casey for the murder of Caylee.
LE has had to continually put on their, "High Wadders" Lol! when trying to make since of the A's statements to better investigate the murder of Caylee by the A's daughter KC! One thing that stuck out in my mind because I found it amusing, was LE asking Hoover several times, who CA was yelling at during her fit of rage that appeared to be directed towards several LE officers! CA's unabashed rage towards the people who were always there for her, G, and L was so inappropriately displaced. I'm glad to have not seen CA carrying a bat to bang crosses at the pretinous memorial services.

The problem, IMO, is not her sending someone to search or not so much, it's what she was putting forth publicly and to LE and then what she was doing in private. It's obvious she was saying to the world, on TV, that she believed Caylee to be alive, this is what she represented to LE, as well. Then we find out that she had her people search Suburban, and they were searching for remains...like LE said, they weren't out there looking for Caylee running in the field. This was a pretty serious search, DC was there three times, taking pictures, videotaping, and here is the problem, IMO. They thought this was a serious tip, where ever they got it from, and they didn't talk about it on LK or call LE to check it out. This confirms that they were interested in ONLY finding a live Caylee and furthering the "word" that Caylee was not DEAD ! They didn't want TES to search for a "dead Caylee", Cindy was mad about that. To me, it's pretty clear that Cindy didn't want Caylee found if she was dead. If LE can find and prosecute a crime in all that, or anything else this family has done to derail the investigation, I say go to it !

I doubt that any charges will be brought against the A's at all. One, I don't think the prosecutors will feel the need to put this family thru anymore. Especially when it is looking as if they will be able to get a conviction regardless of what the A's may or may not have done. And two, what really have they done? Yes CA washed some clothes, but she didnt have the car taken to the crusher, thus destroying all evidence. CA may have had someone search but she didn't have them find the body and move it and make sure it would never surface. What she may have done if DC had found it, who knows. Can't try someone for what they might have done.

I know some of you feel very strongly about the behavior of the A's. Some of us are more sympathetic than others. But from a legal standpoint I just dont see charges being brought

And slightly off topic, but I want to say this since it keeps bouncing around in my head..I wonder how much of the Anthony hate(?) is due to our inability to comprehend how one person, KC, could ever have done this. That maybe we need more people to blame. If it is simply KC waking up one day and doing this horrific act then maybe it could happen to anybody. But if we can blame the parents, at least in part, then maybe we feel, that we, as parents, have more control, and our children wont end up like KC. Not sure if this makes sense or if I am wording this right. Shouldn't post while working.

I think Cindy wanted to prove to herself that Caylee's body was not there. I also believe that there's no way DC, Hoover, and the A's would assist Caylee's murderer by not reporting the body if they had found it.

DC has already proven he's not on the up-and-up. I wouldn't put anything past him. This silly lie he's put out about KC and JB eating licorice like lovers? Ugh.

I doubt that any charges will be brought against the A's at all. One, I don't think the prosecutors will feel the need to put this family thru anymore. Especially when it is looking as if they will be able to get a conviction regardless of what the A's may or may not have done. And two, what really have they done? Yes CA washed some clothes, but she didnt have the car taken to the crusher, thus destroying all evidence. CA may have had someone search but she didn't have them find the body and move it and make sure it would never surface. What she may have done if DC had found it, who knows. Can't try someone for what they might have done.

I know some of you feel very strongly about the behavior of the A's. Some of us are more sympathetic than others. But from a legal standpoint I just dont see charges being brought

And slightly off topic, but I want to say this since it keeps bouncing around in my head..I wonder how much of the Anthony hate(?) is due to our inability to comprehend how one person, KC, could ever have done this. That maybe we need more people to blame. If it is simply KC waking up one day and doing this horrific act then maybe it could happen to anybody. But if we can blame the parents, at least in part, then maybe we feel, that we, as parents, have more control, and our children wont end up like KC. Not sure if this makes sense or if I am wording this right. Shouldn't post while working.
I did think about the last question you posed. I didn't like SP's mother because she was so pathetic in her denial that he had done anything wrong. That's it though. I have never held any bad feelings, that I can remember, for the parent's of a murderer. I hold people accountable for their actions. I hold Casey responsible for Caylee's murder. I hold the Anthony's responsible for their attempt to derail the investigation. I don't think there has ever been a set of parent's like them, that we have seen. Their behavior, from "day one" has been incomprehensible, IMO.

The part that is being forgotten is BOTH the PI's have stated that this was the ONE AND ONLY time that CA had sent them to look for a dead Caylee.

Why a dead Caylee at that exact spot? Why not look for a dead Caylee near the airport as there was a lot of speculation at that area too.

This is strictly my opinion but CA knew something about that spot. Whether this is obstruction or not is yet to be determined. So I don't fault them for searching or not searching but rather I am suspicious of that incident.

The pants smelled like the car? Everything in the car smelled like decomp, as did the car itself. How did washing those pants in any way impede the investigation? Did it remove all traces of decomp odor from everything? LE did not ask Cindy about the pants. She volunteered the information. They wouldn't even have known about them otherwise. Who destroys evidence and then draws attention to it?

Kealings quote applies to anyone who is a witness in a murder trial - he's saying IF they are not truthful the end result COULD include obstruction of justice charges. In other words, that has not happened yet. It means nothing.

Those pants could be a major key in linking Casey to the murder. Cindy says the pants "smelled like the car" so she washed them. But, no one knows if the pants only smelled or if there was any sort of evidence on them, such as blood (from Caylee).

The part that is being forgotten is BOTH the PI's have stated that this was the ONE AND ONLY time that CA had sent them to look for a dead Caylee.

Could you link to that? I hadn't seen or heard that.

I think what upsets a lot of people regarding cindy is the time that she didn't allow Tim M. an article of caylee's to help search for her.

I'm not sure why she wouldn't offer anything at all, to help find her daughter? ((excuse me grand daughter)) I keep remembering the "I have three children" memorial speech

After LA's lawyers press tour that seemed like he was doing damage control BEFORE we had even gotten an idea he would be charged and then Brad C.'s "conflicting statements in the past" comments, I was sure that Obstruction of Justice or some sort of charge was pending for one of the A's. Then I thought they were waiting until after the memorial and still nothing.

CA/GA/LA do not appear to be cooperating any more than they were before so what is up?

What are your thoughts?

2 reasons, I think:

1. The state wants to get justice for Caylee before anything else so they are first focusing on their case against her murderous mother.

2. The state is waiting to get their testimonies from Casey's trial to solidify their cases against these three liars; no doubt this trio will perjure themselves since they obviously don't know how to tell the truth. I say GOOD, get them under oath with their lies. And don't think the FBI will look the other way either, the A's have wasted valuable time and resources with their lies & remember, Martha Stewart went to prison solely for lying to the Feds. I believe the Feds and also local law enforcement will charge the A’s for everything they've done to thwart the investigation into Caylee's murder.
:gavel:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire
Back