ID - Robert Manwill, 8, Boise, 24 July 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning! I've not seen anything new as of yet either......I did not want to go to sleep last night, certain that something would break soon. I'm thinking it's only a bit after 9 there now - mayhaps they waited until daybreak to continue......

I just realized that if the presser is still on schedule for noon today I have to wait til 1 here! Guess if I'm running errands - going to get 'em done before then.

Went to bed really late/early...couldn't sleep...got up as soon as it got light out. Robert and the six year old beaten to death in L.A. are heavy on my mind.

Nothing new yet, but I'm still trying to make sense of the Wallis interview. He reported the vehicle stolen before he left for a "weekend away" and then just found it when he returned. Maybe it's the reporter's awkward style of writing, but it just doesn't add up. Was the vehicle parked in the driveway when he "found it"? Did he check with police while he was away? If my car was stolen, I wouldn't feel real comfortable just leaving since the thieves could return. Especially when the thieves apparently entered the house to get the keys.

Nothing new yet, but I'm still trying to make sense of the Wallis interview. He reported the vehicle stolen before he left for a "weekend away" and then just found it when he returned. Maybe it's the reporter's awkward style of writing, but it just doesn't add up. Was the vehicle parked in the driveway when he "found it"? Did he check with police while he was away? If my car was stolen, I wouldn't feel real comfortable just leaving since the thieves could return. Especially when the thieves apparently entered the house to get the keys.

Idaho's explanation the last page over was more logical than what Wallis said, IMO.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/102/story/852598.html

The man whose Boise home and yard were being searched Friday night for evidence related to Robert Manwill's disappearance says he knows the 8-year-old's family but has no idea what may have happened to him.

Evan Wallis told the Idaho Statesman that he doesn't know what police are looking for at his rental home in the 6600 block of Southdale Avenue, near Five Mile Road in Southwest Boise.

Thank you, Kimster - I hear you. It makes me all the madder when I look back on my journey. It took me 32 years to conceive my beautiful (now 12 YO son), then a devestating loss of #2, then pre-cancer made me lose all my reproductive parts.

These horrid horrid people, have beautiful babies, but they don't care. If I can save one child in my lifetime, my job here is done.

Bless,

Mel

O/T
{{{Bless you mgardner & Kimster!!}}} I agree 1000% !! Children are gifts from God, they are priceless and should be cherished, every single *day! I was lucky enough to have been blessed w/the honor of being the mother of a very special little boy (My Mikey, my "Resident Angel") and I had him here with me on this Earth for 11 1/2 years. After his passing, the only 2 things that kept me going were my other 2 children, and the fact that I knew I'd see him again someday.

When I see cases like this - where it seems like children are being "discarded" as if they are nothing......it's incomprehensible to me..:furious: .when, there are so many people out there who would *love to have a child and cannot, or find it difficult to do so....and - those of us who would give *anything for just another minute with little ones we have lost .... we know all too well just how precious and fragile life is!

Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to give children a world as perfect as they initially believe it to be?????? That's why I help....I have to.....

From the above article...

"Police plan a news conference at noon Saturday to update the public."

Yep, my hinky meter is off the charts!!

Wallis said the police were digging up his backyard after bloodhounds picked up a scent at his house.

"It makes me sick to know this is going down at my house right now," he said. "I didn't do nothing back there. I'm not going to say for the record nothing's back there because I don't know. Maybe something did happen along the lines when I was out of town."

But, I read somewhere a quote from the person who is renting the house, but I can't find it now. Does he live there?

Yep, my hinky meter is off the charts!!

But, I read somewhere a quote from the person who is renting the house, but I can't find it now. Does he live there?

This article contains statements from the man who owns the rental house and from his statements it kind of seems to me like he lives there, but I don't know. Is this what you're thinking of, though? http://www.idahostatesman.com/eyepiece/story/852598.html

Someone remind me of what the color of evidence flags mean. CSI techs have put red ones out.

Anyone have handy links to the news stations that will be covering the press conference today?

TIA,

Salem

Someone remind me of what the color of evidence flags mean. CSI techs have put red ones out.

I didn't know the color signified anything. I thought they just used whatever color they had :confused:

I'll see if Wiki tells us anything...

Salem

I think it is important to note that LE took dogs to the apartment. I thought quite possibly cadaver dogs if blood had been found from the luminol. That too is still very possible in my mind. Dogs not dog was reported. I learned a lot about these dogs during the Laci Peterson case.The blood hounds are typically used as trailing dogs to pick up on skin rafts to trail that person. I could go on and on about these dogs, accuracy, history, etc. But what occurred to me last night was the report that a blood hound took LE to that house. Thanks to everyone here that did the location research we know the house is approx. 8.5 miles from the apt. I find that incredible. Wallis that is a friend of the brother of the mothers BF says the last time he saw Robert was at the bf's brothers place. Therefore the trail wouldn't be from a recent visit to Wallis house so why did the dog track to 8 miles away to this guys house? Thoughts?

I didn't know the color signified anything. I thought they just used whatever color they had :confused:

I'll see if Wiki tells us anything...

Salem

Thanks, let me know. I remember in the Caylee Anthony case each color had a significants. I know that TES uses certain colors for certain things. I just don't remember what it was.

SusieQ - found several sites that sell the flags in up to 7 different colors. Some sites only sell the yellow flags. I think it is probably up to each department to determine if they color code and what each color means. I think at this point, if Boise has only used red flags, they don't have a color system.

If they put up different colors, I'll go looking again. For now though, I'm not finding any "standard" for the colors.

Salem

Suspect Misdirection of the Investigation. The crime scene often will contain these red flags in the form of crime scene inconsistencies. Red flags are normally used when staging is invoved in a crime......trying to lead a murder or crime in another direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado